Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

FORT ATTACK: sub-event for Connlaothian Civil war [EVENT COMPLETE]

Started by visualspice, January 12, 2014, 08:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Just so I can make this clear, NO ONE would know before this event what Blaith's history was, his true intentions are, and that he's more out for himself and his own conquest than he is for what he will be preaching to the masses. Blaith is not a fool- he will be preaching to his soldiers, as well as those soldiers he'll be conquering in Ajhfeld- that he's out to stop the war (since he can sell this point they have all been fighting for nearly a decade by now!) and a lot of peopel really are sick of the mage camps, the fighting, the strain it's starting to take on the economy and trade, etc.

SooOoO, those wanting to help Blaith- let me know :D
I'll be making a female soldier (as his duchy will be one of the few (if not- the only) one who will be allowing females to fight in order to beef up his numbers (Blaith is aware he'll have to fight back eventually, but has been bding his time)

Realizing his twin sister has been taken away like some prisoner to a tower isolated inside Fort Dhagh will only force him to react; and with a secret, more extremist mage supporter faction under his belt- he won't just have his army, but a small team of extremist helping him.

Soooo.. basically, I'm looking to see who might want to be either an extremist mage supporter who is close to Blaith (and you literally have to be off the deep end to want to support Blaith- becuase he's all about killing without reason to justify his end result...) while it'd all be hush hush (so the members haev to be extremely loyal)
*I'm also thinking this might be family and close friends- not just misc. ppl he's scooped off the street.
HOWEVER, Blaith is ALSO HIRING MERCERNARIES
BWAHAHAHA
SO BRING YOUR SWORDS FOR BLOOD AND MONEY >D

THough I'd actually be more interested in soldiers on his side :) Could be fun. I'll post up this female soldier once I have her written up but yeah XD I don't think the soldiers will fully realize what this will mean- because before it was all rebels v. soldiers- this fort attack is the first event where there will be soldiers v. soldiers.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA (I hope this rambling makes sense >_> )
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

This will make Jacen's switcheroo a LOT more interesting when the time comes.

visualspice

@ wicked-  Yep! I'll probably set up some pre-fighting threads so we can establish characters, etc and get a battle strategy down *nods*
But I'll post that up once it's closer to starting :D
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

I'm tossing this girl into Blaith's army :D
She could use some friends XD
Be they from her home town or what have you~

Anadwen

Looking for mercenaries? I have several to offer... Thranuilas, Aldanith, Athran, choose who you'd like to pay!

visualspice

Since there are so many new characters coming into the war, BOTH SIDES will have a meet and greet sort of thread before the battle even begins. This will likely be posted later today or sometime this week~

I'm still debating on what to do for a posting order (since it'll be a group thread) but there might not have to be so long as people are realistic in how they post (as in- don't mow down the whole army before other ppl even reply lol) and also don't post too much that the people who haven't replied yet can't realistically read all of the replies in order to get caught up. If this happens and gets out of hand, I'll just politely ask people to slow down so others can get caught up- however, I'd personally like to see a few posts in these group threads a week, however, to be fair- I think at leats once a week would suffice (just note, you might hav e TON of posts to read if you can't be as active as some)

As mentioned earlier, this is meant to be a faster paced event. And the last event I had worked well for that so as to keep interest. ANd it was a great success :D I have high hopes for this one as well. plus.. BLOOD BWAHAHAHA

Also, when the actual attack begins at the fort- I'll probably require everyone to add at the top of their post Where they are located inside (or outside/near) the fort. (the map I made and it's list location will be your friend at this point!) And each post, agian, will require this and if oyu change positions at post end- it'll also have to be noted. I'll show examples of this in the MEET AND GREET threads for the soldiers at the fort- so everyone will see how that works and what it will look like.  LOCATIONS WILL BE IN CAPITALS AND BOLD

I'm also contemplating color coating sections of posts for attacks/injuries. If you post an attack towards someonw, maybe put it in bold and make it green and then bold and red text for an actual injury to your character. But not sure- (it would help people be aware of where the injuries and attacks are happening in posts since there'll, no doubt be a lot of detail there in.

Thoughts?

Nomad

Is it just going to be player on player or will there also be player on npc action? If there is player on npc action then it will be rather simple the player can simply type up some fighting npcs *has done this before!* If it is against players then I would say you need some form of turn order at least for the two people fighting, dont want people posting willy nilly xD Putting the location would be good and perhaps who they are fighting unless it is against npcs, trash mobs you dont gotta worry about to much >.>

visualspice

It will be both, nomad, but that brings up a good question as to how to handle the npcs 8D
I'll think this over as I nap 8D
It'd probably be ok for each member to assume things, though I can see that getting confusing and out of hand if not used properly, so since I have characters stationed on both sides, I could just make mention of npc fighters, etc and what they are doing during each new commanded attack. And then once the npcs are let loose, those nearby can tear into them 8D
maybe somethin' like that, I dunno :T

Nomad

Also, I shall be joining with Novak.
Link: http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=16385.msg178244#msg178244

For the most part unless it was different, you could assume there are large numbers of npcs to simply fight on the battle field and unless something major came up like a formation shift, reinforcements or something like that, the npc stuff could be left up to the player as long as it is fighting, when something major comes up you could do a post about it, where in you simply have something like one army falling back while the other advances and the players would follow along accordingly.

visualspice

good idea, nomad- I was thinking something like that so I don't have to keep mentioning them. :D Maybe I'll only mention when Serenus or Blaith would be like 'PROTECT THE WALL!' and mention forces are concentrating there and what not or Blaith could be like 'FALL BACK!' or something- but yeah XD good thought

visualspice

For those of you with characters supporting the Grand Duke and are working at Fort Dhagh, I've got up a starter thread posted here! So feel free to join at your leisure :)
It's currently nightfall and snow is falling fast.

Both Killian and General Serenus are available for interaction- just keep in mind where they are when you approach them 8D

visualspice

Whew- finally got the second 'Meet and Greet' thread upa nd running- though Blaith's side will be more extensive- (you'll see int he ooc note in the thread)
But here it is!: The March to Ajhfeld

If you got any questions, don't hesitate to ask XD

visualspice

For those interested, Anadwen and I started a private thread here for your reading pleasures. It's just a shorter thread featuring her character Artemis and how he got tangled into Blaith's crazed resistance movement in the war right before he decides to take on Fort Dhagh.

Zero

Lillian Coleridge will be posted to guard Kella Harmond, due to her being both a high-profile prisoner and a very dangerous one. During the battle she will be taken as a political prisoner by Blaith's forces. D:

Anadwen

Ooooh can I have Artemis be among the people that take Lillian? Don't worry, he'd be nice!

Zero

It probably wouldn't make sense for Artemis to take her, for several reasons.

1) As a mercenary it is unlikely that he would recognize her as anything other than just another Knight of the White Lily, and therefore would not understand the value of taking her hostage alive.

2) As soon as he stepped within 15ft of her all his magic would immediately be canceled out and as a trained knight she would put up a lot bigger fight than you would expect from a small woman.

3) We've begun toying with a plan of just how she's captured.

visualspice

yeah, Moonie and I are still working out the kinks since we're developing a deeper plot that's will have been going on long before the fort attack happens 8D

Anadwen

Quote from: Moonie on February 26, 2014, 09:36:34 AM
It probably wouldn't make sense for Artemis to take her, for several reasons.

1) As a mercenary it is unlikely that he would recognize her as anything other than just another Knight of the White Lily, and therefore would not understand the value of taking her hostage alive.

2) As soon as he stepped within 15ft of her all his magic would immediately be canceled out and as a trained knight she would put up a lot bigger fight than you would expect from a small woman.

3) We've begun toying with a plan of just how she's captured.

(((ignore the 'thank you', I clicked the wrong thing)))
he actually isn't a mercenary and he wasn't hired, and it is possible that after mine and Spice's thread ends he'll get deeper into Blaith's thing, and he also isn't incapable of putting up a fight without magic, which he rarely relies on. but alright, however you want.

visualspice

yea that's what Moonie meant XD
he rpowers would cancel out his anyways but Moonie and I have something we're working on~
We got dis B|

Alegretto

I don't know if you saw this Spice, but I finished that baron I was talking with you about. He's in my sig. Any ideas as to how I can get him involved?