Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Love is Blind (Goblin!)

Started by Zero, January 15, 2014, 04:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

"Good day Keegan." Nadya said with a soft laugh as he shooed her out with a light push. It was amazing the transformation that was coming over a young woman who had so short a time ago never smiled or laughed or seemed to hold any joy at all. Indeed, the young woman was practically glowing with life that had before seemed non-existent.

The next day came and went without Nadya showing up as promised, and the day after saw a notable absence of the girl as well. Five days passed before a very subdued young woman shuffled into the stables with the book tucked under her arm.

"Keegan?" Her voice called softly, knowing that her friend would certainly be there, but she hoped he wasn't too upset with her for taking so long. "I'm so sorry. I broke my promise. I said I'd come the next day, but I just couldn't get away - I tried."

There was a lot of emotion in her subdued voice, resignation and sorrow being most prominent.

GoblinFae

Keegan's head shot up at the sound of his sweet angel's voice and he was soon, putting up his shovel to hurry his way over to her. At first he was confused by her apology but he was soon shaking his head and looking at her quizzically. "What do you mean the next day, Nadya? It's still nighttime for me!" he joked, his smile giving him away.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zero

His joke probably did not have the intended effect. Instead of inspiring a smile, Keegan would find himself suddenly set upon. Nadya couldn't help herself as she threw her arms around him and bit back a soft cry. Despite her upset, the young woman felt a certain relief to be there in the stables, which had become her only truly happy refuge in this house. Even more comforting was being near Keegan, her only friend.

"I hate her. I hate her!" She wailed softly against his shoulder, where she had buried her pale face. He smelled of horses and hay, but to her it was the most comforting scent she could think of.

GoblinFae

The stable-hand sobered quickly, allowing himself to be clung to like a lifeline in a storm even as he warmly encircled her in his embrace. He did not even pause to consider whether he should or should not be holding her as he was, he simply did and rubbed her back soothingly as he listened to her.

"Now, now what's this? I must be dreaming if heaven is casting angels into my arms," Keegan murmured softly as he held her close and rocked Nadya gently.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zero

Nadya couldn't remember the last time someone had hugged her, held her, or comforted her. The young woman buried her face against the warm chest, clinging to Keegan and only crying harder at his words. It felt so nice to have his hand rubbing her back and his arms cradling and rocking her.

Not that any of this was proper in the slightest, but at the moment she hardly cared!

For a few minutes Nadya couldn't speak, but as her sobs quieted, leaving only fat tears to run down her cheeks and stain Keegan's shirt, she finally managed to give a soft apology on trembling lips.

GoblinFae

As the heart-wrenching cries of the woman he loved slowed, Keegan found himself hurrying to silence her apologies as well. "Hush, there's no reason to apologize. Just breathe milady. It'll be alright," he continued in the same soft tones. For several moments he fought with himself over whether or not he should be even more improper or before finally recognizing such thoughts were silly given they were already embracing. The damage of them being seen was enough as it was. Nothing more could truly harm their reputation as he was an otherwise honorable man.

Keegan nevertheless murmured his forgiveness before scooping her up into his arms, one supporting her back while the other supported her knees as he carried her blindly and slowly to a secluded area of the barn. Careful with his movements and praying he did not hurt her further than she already seemed to be as he maneuvered his away without the guidance of his hands to see for him, he eventually made it to his private room in the barn and sat down with her in his arms upon his bed where he could continue to hold and rock her soothingly.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Nadya could almost begin sobbing anew at the sweet, comforting words her sweet, sweet stable boy offered. Her own family could cause her such pain, and yet this poor, blind servant was willing to offer solace to some spoiled noble brat that hardly knew her place. She was awful to even ask comfort of him, though her plea was with actions rather than words as she clung all the tighter to him.

A soft gasp of surprise was given when Keegan lifted her from the ground. His willingness to hold her in his arms had been unexpected, but to be carried so delicately totally took the young woman aback. Rather than protest that he was blind, that he shouldn't carry her so, that this was all wrong, Nadya found herself nuzzling her face against his chest, feeling warm and protected and cared for as he brought her into his little room and set them upon his bed.

She was a little surprised to find she didn't feel very awkward at all sitting upon his lap, there in his room, on his bed. The situation was wildly inappropriate for so very many reasons but Nadya cared about none of those reasons.

"Thank you." Came the sniffling whisper.

GoblinFae

Keegan continued to hold her close, refusing to let go even if she wanted him to. His heart was torn to shreds at the sound of her sobs, making him all that more protective of her. One hand continued rubbing soothingly at her back while the other chastely rested about her waist. Without thinking he placed a soft kiss to the top of her head while hugging her closer. "No need to thank me milady. I just wish the best for you."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

There was absolutely no desire to leave his arms. The only movements that Nadya made were to bring herself more snugly against him. All she could think about was how nice his arms felt around her, how warm it was being pressed against his chest.

A fierce blush overcame her cheeks as she felt his lips lightly kiss her head, and her heart beat ferociously against her breast.

"Keegan?" The young woman whispered softly against the fabric of his shirt. "Please don't call me that. Not you..."

GoblinFae

"It's what you are though," Keegan murmured against her soft hair. "My beautiful, sweet, funny, intelligent, courageous lady. So wonderful and perfect in every way. How could I call you anything else when you are the dazzlingly brilliant ray of sunshine in my life? You are my lady and I can't bear to hear otherwise."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

"I'm far from perfect, Keegan." He said such wonderful things about her. Nadya knew that they weren't true, but it was still nice to hear it. The young lady shifted in his lap slightly, arms moving to wrap around him more securely as she lightly laid her head on his shoulder, face pressed softly against his neck. "And I like it when you use my name."

GoblinFae

Keegan tried not to stiffen as she adjusted herself while praying she could not feel the way his heart clamored against his rib-cage seeking freedom from his chest. He wondered to himself how it was someone so sweet and small could make him feel so helpless in the face of her tears and unworthy in the circle of her arms.

"As you wish Nadya, but you are unkind to yourself. You are absolutely perfect in my eyes and no one, not even you, can convince me otherwise. You shouldn't tell yourself such hurtful lies either because one day you'll start believing in them and break my heart."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

"You say such strange, beautiful, terrible things." How could she possibly break his heart? Nadya was nothing, meant nothing. To anyone. She knew what it was to have one's heart broken. Hers had been shattered repeatedly all her life. First losing her parents, and the last of it had been crushed at the loss of Noah. Her grandmother had always seemed determined to ensure that there was as little joy as possible in her life. She would never understand why the woman hated her so much.

No matter her own misery, it was wrong for her to seek comfort like this, especially from him. Keegan was such a sweet, gentle boy. He didn't deserve having to put up with her nonsense. So desperate for a friend, for someone, anyone, to care that she'd been disrupting his work and his life.

"I'm sorry, I make a mess of everything." No matter the thoughts running through her mind about how much Keegan must actually hate her, thinking her a spoiled, stupid girl, Nadya clung to him anyway. Even if he only said such sweet things to her out of some sense of obligation to pander to the whims of noblewoman, she still wanted to hear them, still wanted to feel his comforting embrace as he held her there in the relative privacy of his room.

GoblinFae

He held his silence, refusing to comment. Now was not the time to bare his soul to her when she was already low and insecure. She did not need more worries on her mind. Instead he rubbed her back and held her close until she spoke again. "You have nothing to apologize for," Keegan assured her. "You're not a mess. Bad days don't make bad people. Tomorrow will be a better day I'm sure. You're too special and beautiful inside and out to let anyone or anything get in the way of your happiness. Never forget that!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Special? Beautiful?

Nadya didn't feel like she was either of those things. Especially as she sat there in his lap, his arms around her as he attempted to soothe and comfort someone that deserved neither. Why was he so sweet to her? She had done nothing to earn such kindness from anyone.

Deserving or not, she wanted to soak it up and never leave her current position. Did she have to go back into her unforgiving world? If she couldn't remember happiness how was she to keep anyone from getting in the way of it? Her voice was so soft and weary. "I wish that I wasn't who I was. I lie awake some nights trying to imagine what it would have been like to be born someone else and somewhere far away from here. With parents that don't die and leave me to suffer that wretched old woman. Have you ever wished you could be someone else?"

GoblinFae

Keegan inhaled and held his breath tightly before finally letting it in a heavy sigh while his head nestled in beside her own."Once," he breathed against her ear, "but not since." The stablehand swallowed thickly but was determined to continue despite how remembering pained him. "I wasn't always blind. I don't know if you knew that, but I lost my sight when I was young. Was workin' with a horse I was too young to be handling and who was too skittish to be rushed and he let me know. Kicked in t'e 'ead and next thing I know I wake up with a splintin' 'eadache and everything else seems fine."

He sighed again, fighting back the choking feeling of tears before he was able to continue again. "Took couple weeks, then I wished I was someone else. The moment was brief but I remember wakin' up and seein' not'in' but shadows. I wished..." a whistling breath was pulled through his teeth as he recalled wishing so desperately to be able to see Nadya's face one last time for even then he knew he was in love with her. "I wished to see an angel's face one last time." Keegan laughed and shook his head. "You know what the last thing I ever saw clearly was? A horse's hindquarters and ain't nobody wants to see that," he told her teasingly while rubbing her back more.

"We can't change the bodies we were born into or the accidents that changed them. But we can choose how we see ourselves regardless of how others see us or treat us. To the world I'll always just be an orphaned blind boy who works in the stables. That's not who I am though. I'm Keegan Phillips, a living, breathing man eager to live his life to the fullest and damn anyone who doubts me." Giving her an added squeeze he whispered more softly, "damn anyone who would dare doubt you."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Nadya listened silently, practically holding her breath as if afraid simply breathing too loudly might disturb and interrupt his story. Just hearing it made her heart ache for him. How could she be so weak when he was so strong? Here Keegan was, blinded as a child, poor as anything, and he was probably the most cheerful, optimistic person she had ever met.

And he was so kind to her. What angel could he possibly want to see when he was the angel?

"I'm so sorry, Keegan. You didn't deserve to go blind. Especially not like that." Nadya had thought she'd heard about a stable boy being injured when she was still quite young. It had never occurred to her that it was him. That alone made her even more ashamed. How could she call him her friend when she could have forgotten such a thing so easily? "You could never be just an orphaned blind boy to me, not after you have been so kind to me, especially since I don't deserve it."

She looked up at him sadly, knowing that he couldn't see her face or the regret in her lavender eyes. Nadya reached up a hand to lightly touch his cheek. "You're my first friend in this awful place since Noah left me here alone. I wish I could properly express how grateful I am for that."

GoblinFae

"Bah! No more talk of deserving and not deserving. I won't 'ear none of it now I won't! No one deserves what 'appens to thems. But it's about what theys do with what life's given 'em. Like making that one special friend," he said more quietly, holding her close in his arms, before placing a kiss on the top of her head. "I'm a simple man, Nadya. Even if you all the fancy words you knew to express yourself I wouldn't understands. I know how much you care and how grateful you are because we are friends. It is something that does not need to be said. You are very...dear to me, Nadya. Never forget that, sweet angel. Never forget."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Nadya blushed and squirmed softly in his arms as he kissed the top of her head. Truly, she was alone with him in his room, settled into his lap - it was so very inappropriate, but she couldn't bring herself to feel guilty for being there. Being with Keegan, feeling his arms wrapped around her, it felt warm and safe. Things she had not felt much of in her life since Noah's passing.

"You are dear to me too, Keegan. I have had precious few reasons to smile, but just thinking of my visits with you brings a bright happiness to my days." It was true.

GoblinFae

He flushed at her admission but did his best not to let her his embarrassment show on his face. Keegan was sure she did not mean it in the same manner that he did. But he would accept whatever love and affection she was willing to send his way. "I am glad then that I have been able to give you some of those reasons as you have been the reason behind many of my own smiles. One can't but help smile when you're near. You bring so much joy with you wherever you go," he said softly while snuggling her close. Keegan knew he should let go of her and let her leave but he could not bring himself to do so. She felt heavenly in his arms, so warm and protected. He wished he could do it for the rest of his days and even beyond that. It was a pity that he was a blind stableboy and she a beautiful noblewoman. He would have loved to woo her off her feet and marry her proper as she should be. It was a shame that life had dealt him such poor cards. Perhaps he would have better luck in his next lifetime.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Tags: