Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Music for the Rain

Started by visualspice, January 17, 2014, 12:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Yes, but a dream is just a dream," he spoke, sobering in the moment as he placed his hands upon her shoulders and took a step back. "And I am far too familiar with how hellish the world of dreams can be." As he stared at her, his frown deepened. "Dreams coming true might be something wives gush about, hoping will come true. But I am not like that. And the nights for me are dark. I would never wish for that darkness to follow me into the waking world."
Even if it were in the shape of a beautiful woman before him.

No, he could not fall into temptation.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Scythe-Nova

-"If that is thy wish, I will still stay in thine dreams and help thee any way i can"

Senka said with a beautiful smile upon her lips as she looked up into Calent's eyes with her her soft pink eyes, Her hands searched their way up and finding rest upon Calent's cheeks as her eyes got somewhat of a serious glint in them.

-"But do remember that this dream is true... Reality no but oh so very true, Remember my words..."

Her eyes softened again and a hint of sadness could be seen in them as if she had seen something she did not want to see.

-"I doth not wish to see thee in pain so please heed my words"

She said before taking a step foward and giving Calent as kiss so soft that one would wonder if her lips were made of clouds, Senka then just leaned her head against Calent's chest keeping herself close to him.

-"May i stay like this utill thee wakes?"

She asked with an almost trembling voice not even daring to look up at Calent.

((Sorry for the wait XD))

visualspice

Emotions ran through him like a tumultuous storm. He could see the tenderness and pain and worry within her gaze. And the light kiss sent a fluttering throughout him, making him feel light as air.

When he felt her press near to him something warmed, and he found his arms wrapping around this strange woman.
"You can stay as long as you like," he murmured, finding himself awkwardly enjoying her company. Though he was already spoken for as a lover, there was always a true emptiness in his heart that had never been filled. And though he often times sought to sate his primal desires with other women, the emotions evoked from this strange girl tickled so many more emotions than just the primal ones he craved.

And though she was lovely, the primal need was still there- and the anxious setting of his dream still purred around them like on coming thunder.

"So are you a dream warden? Or some protectress?" he asked her, a hand smoothing down her back and through her hair and down her back again.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Scythe-Nova

-"I Thank thee.."

Senka's voice was like a whisper as she thanked the grand duke for letting her stay, Just that simple act seemed to calm her more than anything. Her frail body leaned onto Calent looking like she could find peace by being as near to him as she were, when he asked what she were she simply smiled and looked up at him with kind eyes.

-"What a silly question thee ask me, you should know that by now"

She said with a joyfull voice and as the dream began to fade everything turned white except Calent and Senka, Sounds started to die out as reality started to take hold of everything. but as Senka's form began to fade Calent would be able to see large radiant wings stretch out from her back, pure white feathers covering the wings gave her a truly angelic appearance as her form began to dissappear into the white.

-"Till we meet again o grand duke.. no Calent Allarrick my-"

Sound faded as she spoke and she seemed to notice this as well so instead she simply gave him a bright radiant smile before her form faded into the whiteness around them and the dream came to an end.

visualspice

Calent awoke groggily from his sleep- though normally he was used to awaking in a panicked state- this time he felt...
mildly calmer than usual. But he couldn't help but turn to observe the bed beside him- checking to see if the strange woman from his dream had been in fact- simply a dream.

Scythe-Nova

There would be no strange woman besides Calent in his bed when Calent looked to his side, but proof that the strange woman was not just a dream was there. A single pure white feather lay upon the covers next to Calent, It was so white that it would be hard to see it's outlines but if it would be put next to snow or white silk it would still be a purer white. The Feather could not have come from a bird it simply had a divine otherworldly feel to it when looking at it, It looked very similar to the feathers upon the wings that Calent had seen on the Senka before awakening from his sleep.

The Sun had just began to cast its rays into Calent's room and the morning birds had just set about their morning cries, It was a beautiful morning calm and melodious from the birdsong. it was only a short while before a light knock came from the door and the door opened only slightly before a female voice rang out.

-"Pardon me milord are thee awake?"

Her voice was as melodious like the birdsong outside, The woman peeked in with her head and looked into the room with sky blue eyes and saw how Calent stirred upon the bed. The woman who looked in was a maid servant who seemed quite new to this job at the Grand Duke's Palace, She had long white hair tied in a braid and wore the maid servant clothing used by those who worked at the palace. She opened the door in a bit more and took a carefull step inside revealing that she were of average length, she had a modest body that were mostly obscured by the clothing she wore.

((OOC: Hope the post is okay :3))

visualspice

Calent could't help but stare. Combining his thoughts registered from the feather and by the dreams and the woman's voice...
There was a strange familiarity to it all, and he found himself asking her, "Do I... know you? Are you new?"

Scythe-Nova

-"M-milord?"

The servant woman seemed to become a little flustered when Calent stared at her and she twisted herself nervously in the spot as he stared at her, But when he asked her she tilted her head with a confused expression.

-"N-no i doth not think we have met before, Ah yes i'm new around here..."

She said with her melodious voice as she walked into the room a bit more and looked Calent over a bit worrisome, Now closer she looked around before locating the clothes she were supposed to help Calent with.

-"I-is something wrong milord?"

She asked as she walked over to the other side of Calent's bed where the dresser were located and began to pull out the clothes that were to be used, She seemed skilled in the job itself but seemed unused to the enviroment she were currently in.

visualspice

Calent took a moment to rake a hand through his hair. It fell back into his face in a mess, but even so, he silently watched the woman work.

"It... it was nothing. I was just confused."
He didn't need to bring up it was a dream. He was tired of all of the rumors spreading about him, and about them.

Scythe-Nova

-"Oh okay.."

She replied and turned back to her work while smiling softly to herself, after a moment or two she began to hum for herself as she prepared the clothes. The tune that the servant was humming on would be very familiar to Calent as it was the same that had been played on the piano in his dream, The servant woman seemed to hum on it like it was something she had heard many many times before.

-"Milord what garment would thee like to wear today?"

She said looking over her shoulder towards Calent with a soft content smile on her face.

visualspice

But Calent said nothing, his eyes going distant, mind being whisked away to the dream that the song brought about.

Scythe-Nova

The woman kept on working and humming the tune as she took out some clothes, but after a little while she looked back at Calent and adapting a curious expression as she saw the dukes distant expression.

-"... M-milord?"

She said tilting her head slightly to the side while looking at Calent with a slightly worried expression, Her expression changed however when she looked down slightly and laid eyes upon the feather next to Calent. Her face showed genuine suprise as she looked upon the feather, She reached out to the feather and picked it up slowly holding it in front of herself.

-"What in the world is this..."

She said to no one in particular as she examined the pure white feather that had developed a soft glow of light, no brighter than a small candle but the light felt soothing to those who looked upon it.

visualspice

A breath caught in his throat, and he felt his mind reeling.

The feather, the song, and the very appearance of her....
Raking a hand through his hair, he threw off the covers and got to his feet. Wasting no time, he stormed off to his study, where he was hoping to get some reprieve, but even as he paced through the walk ways between the endless book cases that lined the place, he couldn't stop thinking about her, and of the primal lust it stirred within him, and other primal factors of fear, fear of the unknown, and consequences...

Consequences for wanting something he should not have. But he hadn't bedded his wife in how long? And though he had taken many maids to bed with him, that had more or less stopped when he had taken a wife.

But now? Now he wanted the woman in his dream like a fever. He raised a fist to his lips.
But why? It was just a dream....
And he knew not that woman, nor this new maid in his room.

Perhaps he needed a cold shower, because his body was flushed and his mind, whirling around but one thought.

Scythe-Nova

The woman gasped as Calent threw off the blanket and stormed out of the room, it took some seconds for the woman to react to his absence and she looked back at the clothes she had pulled out for Calent to dress himself with.

-"... oh Calent.."

She whispered as a wicked smile crept upon her lips and her eyes showed feelings of twisted happiness, it suddenly was as if the woman had become another person entirely. She sat down on the bed and fastened the feather she held in the knot that held her long braid together, She looked back at the door where Calent had left and her wicked smile widened slightly.

-"Thou art too fun to tease..."

She whispered as she rose from the bed and picked the clothes she had prepared up and left the room and went for the study where she knew that Calent would be, as she left the room her expression was back to the cute and naive maid that she was before and there was no trace whatsoever of that wicked smile. It was not long before she stood outside Calent's study and extended her hand and knocked daintily on the door, She did not try to open the door even though she knew it was not locked.

-"Milord i brought thee thine clothes, thou left in such a hurry that thee forgot them"

She said in her melodious voice and waited outside the door for Calent to respond to her.

visualspice

Calent was quiet for a time before a gruff reply came muffled through the door.
"Leave them." And he paused, before adding, "And you are excused from your duties for the day."

Scythe-Nova

-"Ah..."

She gave quiet whimper as Calent answered her and looked down onto the floor quietly, moisture gathering in the corners of her eyes but she wiped them away and swallowed hard before placing the clothes on a nearby table.

-"A-as thou wish milord.."

She said with a strained voice and made a formal bow towards the door before turning her heel and walking away from the study. though she walked slowly enough so that Calent would be able to catch up to her if he so desired.

"Try all you want Calent, you're not getting away from me"

She thought to herself as she walked her mind going through many scenarios that could happen now, her outward appearance however showed no insight to her thoughts as she walked solemly through the corridors.

visualspice

It was strange what happened, or was requested next, but the young man demanded a bath-
A cold bath in privacy. Once the water was filled in his bath, he had his servants leave him in peace. He undressed and slowly sat in the waters, green eyes staring out endlessly while his mind still reeled with many thoughts.

It was the dreams that plagued him the most, over the primal desire still simmering in his belly. He was a man, after all, and wanting to have sex was not an uncommon practice or want....
But dreams....

He closed his eyes and bowed his head.

His dreams seemed to be seeded deep within him, and where most dreams in most others were easily forgotten in the world of the waking, his only seemed to thrive as a seering reminder that something was about to, or had already, gone terribly wrong.

Scythe-Nova

When the bathroom was as quiet as it could be the sound of a droplett falling into water reveberated through the room, but no matter where one looked the only place where there were water was in the bathtub.

"So please do not waver..."

The whisper came as a ripple upon the water in the bathtub emenated from just in front of Calent, The whisper did not feel like a voice really but more like a memory of someone telling him with tears in her eyes and genuine concern in her heart.

visualspice

At the sound, the voice, his hands gripped tightly to the lip of the tub. His heart was racing just a little faster, and his green eyes moved to look around the room. But as it was before, no one was there.

Scythe-Nova

Suddenly as if she had been there all along the woman from his dream stood behind him looking down on him with a calm smile, She was still naked but it did not seem to bother her at all.

-"Thy should not fall asleep in the bath Calent dear"

She chided with a motherly voice and brought down her hand and put it upon his head and stroked his hair softly, her touch was soft and seemed to impart warm feelings as the water in the tub was now pleasantly warm as if it had been that way all the time.

Tags: