Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

CIA New Plotting Thread

Started by zozee9, January 20, 2014, 08:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zozee9

Cray Investigations and Assistance (CIA) wants you!

What is it, you ask? Why, it's the best place for everyone to go! Each member can fulfill their role in whatever way they pick—they can go treasure hunting, they can hunt down criminals, they can go look for good ol' Aunt Sally's lost cat. People bring in requests and say how much they can pay for it, and the members can take up the requests, alone or with friends! Now let's say you aren't the adventuring type, that's okay! Some people stay back at the guild home, working on taxes or recruiting. There are always more jobs that can be fulfilled! Heck, you could be the cat petter if you wanted to!

Who can join? In the words of the late boss (Highwayman), "Absolutely anyone! Well, that's not entirely true. No bloodthirsty maniacs, man-eating monsters, or the like are welcome. Exceptions made for characters who are good at hiding it. Also, man-eating monsters does not include plain old regular monsters or monster-looking people. They're free to walk right in." But know this—if you send in someone to do damage to CIA, CIA will get their revenge. The management is pretty loose (heyyyy punny!), however, so it isn't hard to join the guild.

How do I join? Well, that's the easiest part! Comment in this thread if you'd like in (which you obviously would), and we can get to plotting right away! Most people join the guild through Tanya—the girl who drinks and brings people home. Also known as the manager. But your character is welcome to join by running into one of the other characters... or even by happening upon the guild, which is on the outskirts of Ketra.

Right. Location. Quoting the dear Highwayman again, "The guild headquarters, the Keep, is located just outside Ketra. It's a large wooden building with a training yard out back, a library, stables and rooms available for those members who need them. Can't miss it, especially since Jax put up a giant sign out front... which kind of looks like it was written in blood, as he used red paint and did a sloppy job of it..."

The last plotting page was here: It's a link, guys! Feel free to read up on more information there.

Weirdos already in CIA:
Boss: Jaxel Cray. He's currently MIA, teleported into a random land by Albacore. It's possible that he might return someday. He is best known for his random bouts of acrobatics and his odd personality.

Manager: Tanya Danes. She has somehow found herself in a position of control, since Jaxel went missing. While Tanya's job includes all sorts of things, she mainly focuses on recruiting. At bars. She's known for her drinking and her flirting... and her drunken behaviors, if you catch her wasted enough.

Trainer: Eirdis Stoneoath. She, well, trains people how to fight! Eirdis is known for the fact that she's somehow not a guy (dwarven beard), her ability to drink, and, of course, her fighting!

Members: ... I'll do this later. <3
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Anadwen

I apply! Or, to be more accurate, Anoriel applies. She's a good warrior (flirty as hell though), and loves adventure.

zozee9

Awesome, Anoriel! And I'm right in remembering that she's gonna be found by Tanya, correct?
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Anadwen

yeah.

and has a brother that might sometimes stop by to take from their wine.

zozee9

Tanya would invite him over. Drinking parties!

Anadwen

this has to happen.

they can bring quite a big company...

zozee9

Yessss sounds wonderful! Most people in CIA seem to be drinkers... xD But maybe that's because that's how Tanya finds people. :3 When she's at bars (because where else would you recruit?!)

Anadwen

exactly!

hopefully we'll be able to set up a thread for this soon :)

Paradox

I'm not quite sure why a new plotting page is necessary , but okay! ;P  Suggestion, if you haven't already thought it but I think you ought to add all the active CIA threads to your initial post . Perhaps beneath the guild roster? When you have time, of course!

zozee9

Oh, I'm just doing it so I can keep everything up to date. And that's a good idea. I will, thanks sharkie!

Paradox

No problem! Also, Loosh and I had sort of planned this out since the moment we'd decided to join CIA that Eirdis kinda sorta recruits Delvar to the guild in this thread.

Anyway, as far as I know Hair of the Wolf is the only active CIA thread atm or is there another? Anyway, there's the link for ya. xD

zozee9

Awesome! And yeah, I believe it's the only active one. D: Too many disappearing members! And I'm not quite sure what's even going to go on in that thread. xD Maybe I'll start up a CIA drinking night thread or something. :3

Paradox

I suppose Hair of the Wolf is on hold for now with Kleine MIA. Any plans to run any other threads since we've no idea when Kleine is returning? Just curious!

zozee9

aslfjflkjasldkfjaklsdfjlkajf,mczf oh god.

so sorry sharkie love.

i think... i think a welcoming party will be needed. At the Keep. This was we can get the new people (Jelly and Klez's characters) in as well as the current members. :) Plus, I'm sure it would be all sorts of crazy. xD

Also, just a reminder to everyone... you can have quests with other members that don't involve the whole guild! It's likely to happen, anyway. ^^

Paradox

Aye, I have one with Looshi going already. I also have another thread with Owl in which Delvar has taken a solo job to a dwarven ruin.

I was just making conversation to keep the rest of us going and the guild alive. :3

I am open to any other threads so if someone would like to rp with an eccentric young dwarven engineer, let me know!

And a party sounds fun , Zoz! I like parties!

Yvhv

Sazha

this fine creature would like to join the cia.

zozee9

Yes! A party with lots of beer!

And looks great, wolf dear! <3

(omg i rhyme)

Kriv

Johnny's definitely gonna join the CIA, more drinking money and he gets to whack annoying people with his hammer! XD

Yvhv

so then, will there be an organized event?

zozee9

There most definitely will be! Most of the members that are already in the guild aren't active (or very active) right now, but there are a few members in the progress of joining (such as yours!). I figured I should get them in the guild first, and then have Tanya throw a welcome party. That way your characters can talk about how they were recruited and share stories and all. <3

However, as stated earlier, feel free to pair your characters together! They can go on grand adventures! I will also work on keeping as caught up as possible in all CIA threads to help move this along.

Donkey, Johnny is free to join! Here are the three options I can come up with for him right now: 1) he and Tanya meet at a bar 2) he meets someone else in CIA who recruits him 3) he wanders into the Keep during their new member party and joins! I promise Tanya would have plenty of alcohol for him, so I'm sure he'd enjoy it. <3

Tags: