Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lady of the Fleas [M]

Started by Zero, February 16, 2014, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

For Spicy~
------------------------

After weeks - maybe months - of captivity, Nisha had physically flourished. Not only did she look healthier, she felt stronger. Regular meals had done wonders for her, and that weighed heavily on her mind as she huddled there by the stream they had camped next to. Physically she was doing better than since she'd left her brother's care – psychologically she was breaking down with each day. Her captor either didn't realize or didn't care about the damage he was doing to the poor girl's mind, although he'd hurt her physically too – still did when she angered him.

There were a lot of things she had thought long and hard about. Being as submissive as she was, Nisha had taken all the abuse with silence. Food could be a strong motivator, especially to one that had nearly starved. Ronan had saved her, in that regard. Still, the constant use was poisoning her emotions. She felt dirty all the time, no matter how much she bathed, and she could smell him all over her and it made her feel sick. Every time he touched her it made her skin crawl, and each look thrown in her direction had her cringing in fear.

When Ronan left that day, Nisha waited until she could be sure he was gone far enough to not notice her slip away. As quietly and stealthily as she could, she stumbled away. Her bare feet splashed softly in the water of the stream as she followed it, trying to conceal her scent so that he couldn't track her down. Running away was an act of defiance, one that Nisha hadn't actually thought she was capable of until her feet had begun moving, and now she couldn't bring herself to stop. Tears were running down her face, pure terror fueled her to keep hobbling along the creek bed, even as her lungs burned and her heart ached.

If he caught her she would be punished severely. What if he got so angry he killed her? She didn't want to die! Those thoughts were what lashed at her like a whip, keeping her driving on doggedly even when she desperately wanted to stop. Dusk was creeping across the highlands by the time she finally just stumbled up out of the water and collapsed in a gasping heap. Her limbs felt unbearably heavy, and her lungs burned with each breath, but she had made it this far, and no Ronan! There was also no more food.

Curling up into a ball Nisha sobbed herself to sleep.

visualspice

Further down the river, another had taken refuge within it's cool waters. He had just dissolved back to human, after abandoning his form as a wolf. It was too dangerous to last too long in such a state, and sometimes, it just felt better to be human.

The waters felt good, and relieved him of the itching burn from the fleas that seemed to be unyielding. No matter how many times he bathed- they always seemed to come back. At least, for now, it seemed the fleas had been washed away.

Crawling out from the side of the river, he shook his hair dry and mops of curly brown hair settled over his face. But just as he had taken up a leisurely spot, sunning out on a nice warm, hot river rock in the sun- something... obviously female caught his nose. And from where he was, his eyes drifted down stream to where he saw a form laying on the river bank.

Had he his wolf ears, they would have swiveled about curiously, but instead, his green eyes just observed her from a distance. His keen sense of smell let him know she was alive, but curiosity drove him from his rock as she plodded through the waters and to the river bank at her side.

Forgetting he had abandoned his clothing, he stood nakedly over her sleeping form and tilted his head curiously. No, definitely this close to her he realized she was not dead-
but how one could sleep so soundly at this time of day was interesting.

Crouching down beside her, he got a better look and got closer to get a better smell of her- and a story was blossoming in his mind from it. It seemed she was taken by another wolf already- and that fact stung his nose, and made him frown a bit.

It seemed all of the cute ones were taken. But there was also something else about her that caught his nose-
and it wasn't the salted tears he sniffed that made him take in her sadness, and it was at this sensation that he turned more somber as he studied her sleeping face. It didn't take him long to figure out her story-
It was heart break- in one form or another.

And because of other certain emotions he could 'smell' from her, it begged him to stay; so he waited by her side for her to come around, even as the sun continued to move, now casting long rays that cut through and rained down upon them in glittering lines through the tall trees.

Yes, it was the scent of fear and lonliness that cemented him to this spot- and also that that kept him from running away, or taking advantage where others might- for he understood far too well some of the smells drifting off from her- for he had, at one point in his life, been so unhappy nad afraid-

but that was in a world so long ago.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

Nisha remained unconscious for a long while, body too exhausted to do anything but sleep. Her mind only slowly awakened, regaining consciousness in stages. She'd had the strangest dream, she had dreamed that she had actually run away from Ronan. Wasn't that the stupidest thing? How could she ever run away from him? He was so much stronger and faster than her, and he would get so angry.

She was curled up on the ground, Nisha realized, she must have passed out at camp while Ronan was out hunting. Though her nose was catching the musky scent of a male wolf, so he must have returned while she slept. Odd, he hadn't woken her up. Usually when he returned from hunting he was eager to make her pleasure him. A cringe went through her at that thought. Not again, she didn't want to!

Body jerking up with a gasp she remembered that she hadn't dreamed it, she had run away, as far as she could force herself. Oh god, he'd found her already. Grey eyes were wild with terror as she cowered away from Sebastian.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean it, I won't run again, I swear. Please don't -" She choked on a gasping sob. Ronan was going to kill her for running! No - first he would make her wish she was dead, then make her beg for him to show mercy.

Her mind was too panicked to realize that the scent was all wrong, whoever this was, it was definitely not Ronan, and with her arms protectively thrown over her head and her face pressed to the dirt submissively she didn't see that the man before her was not at all who she was expecting - or the fact that he was naked!

visualspice

Well, her reaction was most unexpected. She went rambling on to apologize to him for something that obvious triggered her to be eating the dirt now. He tilted his head to one side and idly scratched at a few fleas that remained in his hair.
Damn fleas. He thought the river had got them.

But he supposed the fleas were the least of his worries now as he peered down at the girl as she groveled.
"I'm no alpha, you don't have to bow to me. I found you at the river bank." He gave a light sniff her way before lowering himself down to her level and peering after her, one cheek on the dirt while green eyes looked back at her.

"Were you running away from someone?"
Because if it was poachers... he'd want to know so they could both escape them- one could never be too certain in this area, that was for sure. He gave another scratch to his hair.

Yeah- definitely fleas. Damn, pestilent things.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

Nisha was still trembling like a leaf, but she blinked back tears as Sebastian spoke to her. Who? The relief that flooded through her was immense. Ronan hadn't found her. Not yet, at least. Of course that just led to another set of worries and fears. Who was this that had stumbled upon her? Most importantly - was he going to hurt her?

Lifting her head slowly, soft grey eyes filled with tears and fear met his green ones. He didn't look like Ronan at all, didn't smell like him either. Ronan had this commanding, threatening presence about him that terrified her. She didn't get that feeling looking at this male at all.

There was one thing about him that made her uneasy, though. He was stark naked, and realizing this her face heated and pale flesh turned crimson. Naked this guy was still better than a fully dressed Ronan.

Her hands reached out to lightly seize Sebastian's wrist as she looked at him imploringly. "Please, he can't find me. I can't go back, he's going to kill me for leaving him." A few tears rolled down her cheeks, there was desperation in her cracking voice.

visualspice

Though she was crying and imploring many things from him- now that he got a good look at her- and smell, he realized something about her wolf scent was...
off.

Glancing down at her hand that touched him, he looked back up into her eyes.
"Have you run away from your mate?"
He wanted to swish his tail-and badly, it was a habit of his when he became anxious- but as a human, he simply gave his flea-infested hair another scratch.

Zero

Nisha honestly wasn't sure she was so much asking for help as she was trying to figure everything out in her own head. Ronan couldn't find her, she wouldn't go back, she wouldn't. Death was better, at least in death there was dignity. The humiliation she had been put through over the past unknown number of weeks was more than even she could bear.

When he asked her if she had run away from her mate, she convulsed and pulled back, in both fear and disgust. "No. No." She shook her head viciously in denial. Ronan was not her mate! She didn't care what the brute had done to her, that was one thing she would not bend on. Not that Ronan wanted a mate, he just wanted someone he could use to get his enjoyment from.

"I never wanted him. I- I didn't have a choice. He hurts me." She dropped her head back to the ground and let go of Sebastian, curling back up in a ball. Nisha knew she should get up and keeping running, but she didn't have anywhere to go. "I wish my brother was here." She said mournfully.

visualspice

Sebastian hadn't assumed that- but after recalling the scents of a man all over- his lips flattened out into a frown.

"Then we should keep going," he told her as he rose to his feet. "Are you well enough to travel, or do I have to carry you?" He wasn't about to let her suffer all alone. Though he wasn't much of a hero, he understood far too much how alpha males reacted and always just took what they wanted- and his mark was all over her- his attempt at a claim. She was just lucky she was not with his children, but in her condition it would be a wonder if she could bear any man's child.

"I could help you get to a nearby village, get you something to eat?"

Zero

The first instinct Nisha had was to run, and she had, but there had never been a plan of what to do other than get away. Now she had curled into her little ball and wanted nothing more than to disappear. Staying still wasn't going to work, though. She was still far too close to Ronan for comfort.

Tiredly she looked up, blinking soft grey eyes as Sebastian said that they should keep going. What did he mean? Carry her? Confusion clouded her pretty face. Why would he help her? Why would anyone? The sickening thought that maybe he wanted to get something out of her too crossed her mind. He didn't seem like he wanted to hurt her, though.

Uncurling she slowly stood up, keeping her face and eyes downcast, only sneaking looks up at him timidly. "I don't know why you would, but yes, please...help me. I- I'll repay you...somehow." She said miserably. Owing people was awful, being a burden and useless was a horrible feeling, but then again, Ronan hadn't thought her completely useless. She wrung her hands and mumbled something softly. "You're...uhm...naked."

visualspice

Seeing her cowering before him just felt so...
odd to him. And wrong. Normally he was the one doing the cowering. And by the way she strained her words, how those doe eyes were filled with tears- It pulled just too much on his heart strings for him to offer anything but his help.

"Repay me?" He tilted his head, as if unused to the phrasing. But it was only then she pointed out he was naked and he looked down at his hair body, then back to her with a shrug. "I left it somewhere. I can't become a wolf and keep my clothes." No- he had tried to too many times to realized- it was for not; and any attempts to keep clothing after the fact just left them in shreds.
He was used to traveling naked- though he was also used to traveling alone.

"I could go fetch them." he suggested, realizing and smelling how awkward and afraid she felt-a n this time, it was because of him. A strange thing, but he supposed wolves were dangerous- even to their own kind.

Zero

Well that was a logical reason for him being naked - Ronan had never worn clothes when he changed either. Of course, she hadn't been able to figure out how to wear clothing and transform from one form to the other and not make a mess of everything.

"If y-you want t-to." She stuttered softly. If he didn't want to put clothes on, well, it wasn't as if she could make him. Self-consciously Nisha picked at her ill-fitting tattered dress, her feet were bare, she hadn't any shoes. There were bruises on her arms, legs and neck that could be seen, and many more bites and claw marks where the ragged garment covered.

visualspice

Sebastian nodded and didn't say a word as he turned from her and began to head towards the stream. He had left his clothes on the other side,a nd sloppily walked through the waters before resting at the bank of the opposing end of the river, where he shook off what water he could, but noted, curiously, the girl was following him.

He peered over at her as he began to dry off his face with his tattered clothing before he slipped them on and pulled out his tail from the loose collar of his shirt. He didn't care he and his clothing were damn; he was an animal and was used to waiting on his fur to dry anyways. At least as a human, he'd dry much quicker, eve with his clothes.

But it was only as he smoothed down his clothing that he realized, with some interest, they were both dressed alike.
"Seems we both are shoeless and have tattered clothes," he replied thoughtfully, and stared down for a moment at their mud soaked feet.

Zero

Nisha didn't know what else to do, so she followed him as the went to retrieve his clothing, and watched him dress, though that she did subtly. He hadn't seemed embarrassed at all by nakedness, but she still didn't want to stare, honestly she was afraid that he would disappear and prove to have been a figment of her imagination. Now that she thought of it, nakedness hadn't used to bother her so much, but that was probably just another thing that Ronan had destroyed in her.

Grey eyes blinked before looking over his attire, then down at her own. "Yeah, I guess we are." She said shy and nervous. She was anxious to get far away from here - it didn't matter where they went. It hardly mattered that Sebastian was a strange male that she didn't know, having him to follow for the moment was better than being alone with her fear.

"Let's find a town and get something to eat, maybe if I can slip in among so many people he won't find me again..." She mused softly to herself, wondering if that could really work. Having a lot of different people to cover her scent might keep him from tracking her down.

visualspice

"I don't know- getting far away from this area would be the only way to keep your scent from him. As a wolf, you ought to know how well our noses worked." But at that statement, he tilted his head and studied her figure. "Though you're not just wolf..."
That much was evident from her smell.

Zero

Nisha should have known better, but she couldn't help but foster some feeble hope that this would be easier than all the horrible scenarios her mind had come up with. Just how far and for how long would Ronan pursue her? She wasn't even sure. He would be furious with her leaving him, but would he be angry enough to follow her as far as she intended to go?

"Oh." She mumbled softly. Of course he knew she wasn't a proper wolf. That fact had plagued her for as long as she could remember. Even her beloved brother had scorned the fact that she was impure. "Well, no, I'm not...I'm only half wolf. The other half is..." She sighed softly. "A cheetah. Please don't ask...everyone asks how that's possible...I don't really get it either."

visualspice

Where most might be well versed in what such an animal is, Sebastian only stared at her as he blinked and asked," What's a cheetah?"

Zero

Well at least he didn't ask how it was possible. Nisha blinked, partially in disbelief, that no one had ever once asked her what a cheetah was before just now. She didn't know if it was lack of interest that had never given cause for someone to ask that before or if everyone else had simply known. "A cheetah is a predatory cat, very fast but lacking on power. They're tall and tan with black spots on them..."

She honestly didn't know how else to describe a cheetah other than that. "You're not...mad at me...are you? Some people don't like it when they realize..."

visualspice

"Cat?" The very sound seemed to strike a nerve, even in the way he said it, but instead of growling, he lifted his nose her way and gave a sniff. "Ah, so that's what that was..."

But at her last statement, of him being mad, he just stared at her and tilted his head.
"Mad? Why would I be mad?" he started scratching, and the pace picked up as he worked a good, hard scratch at the back of his head, and when he finished, his hair was a bit frazzled from it.
"Why would I care? You were born the way you were born. If anything, you just smell funny."
And he found that itch again and made a face, and went back to scratching at his scalp. Damn fleas.

Zero

Nisha was honestly surprised that he didn't mind what she was. Gavin was a purist, and had often lamented about her muddied blood. It was repulsive for a werewolf to mingle with such filth as another were, let alone one of the feline variety. Of course it hadn't been Nisha's fault, it wasn't as if she'd asked to be born deformed. Gavin blamed her hybrid nature for her frailty, and said it was proof that blood should not be mixed.

"You...really don't mind?" He scratched an awful lot, she'd been noticing. Nisha saw the face he made and scowled softly as she watched him scratch at his head. Did...did he have fleas. She had never met a wolf with fleas. Gavin would have been horrified. "You poor thing, does it itch that bad?"

visualspice

"Why would I mind? It's not like you're half bear and could eat me." Then peering back at her when her question was posed, he paused mid-scratch to blink.
"Er... I just seem to not be able to shake 'em," he said, peering away and lightly continuing to scratch again. "Damn human beds." Naturally, the smelly humans were to blame. First night he stayed in one he got fleas, and they never left since.

Tags: