Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sun Brothers (Whinaut!)

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, May 15, 2018, 04:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Dawn was when the jungle was at it's noisiest. As the oppressive light of the sun rose above the horizon, thousands of birds began to sing in hopes of finding their match. The chirping of the night insects began to slow, taking a backseat to the chorus of birdsongs. Occasionally the rumbling of a larger animal could be heard over the rest, as if telling the jungle to quiet down. It was to no avail- there was no such thing as "sleeping in" when you lived in Kishahn.

Tsijiari sat atop the emergent layer, watching the dreaded sun make it's way into the sky. The golden-haired child stared defiantly at his foe. "You look-see me?" he yelled, a scowl etched onto his face. "Your light harm-fouls me none! Flee ever-quick to the other side of the sky!"

The sun said nothing in reply, which Tsijiari took to mean he'd intimidated it. Climbing down gracefully from the treetop into the understory, the boy began to search for his breakfast. After a few minutes he had two mangos in his satchel- one for now, and one for later. As he closed his bag and slung it over his shoulder, Tsijiari noticed something that nearly caused his heart to stop...

Tsijiari's compass had stopped spinning.

The boy was soon dashing through the jungle, compass held in front of him. "It has finally happened!" he thought, a determined grin on his face. "I have finally sought-found a crystal!" The boy looked down at his compass again, double checking that he was going the right way...

And promptly collided face-first into someone.

Whinaut

The Sun. A bringer of life for all beings. This particular morning seemed special, and the sun seemed to take up the whole bright blue sky, with a glare that seemed to dare clouds to attempt to dash out it's powerful rays. As the birdsong rose up from the canopy through the sky, a peculiar sound rang out over the mating calls was a distinctly unique call that appeared to be simply rejoicing the coming of the morning. The jungle floor was dripped in shadow, a generous gift from the ample leaves that were greedily taking in sunlight above. On the floor, the nocturnal animals scurried back into their secluded hideaways to hide from the random beams of hot light that pierced the barrier of shadow that the trees had provided.

A solitary, rather out of place looking bird sat perched on a branch above the canopy, basking in the sun. There was a flash of blinding light, and suddenly, in the bird's place sat an equally out of place looking boy. For a few seconds he sat there, sandwiched in between the endless expanse of the sky and the beautiful smattering of green that is the Kishahn Jungle. Sonny opened his eyes and smiled brightly, "Good morning Sun."

He turned his back to the sun and waved it goodbye before taking a leap down into the darkness of the jungle floor. One of Sonny's favorite parts of mornings in the Kishahn was seeing new creatures every time he came here. Last time he had a rather close encounter with an adorable little jaguar cub and its (in his opinion) extremely overprotected mother. Sonny gulped as he thought back at the memory of being chased into trees by the beast. How was he supposed to know that he shouldn't have pet the cute kitty?

It was at that moment that Sonny heard a deep growl that echoed through the trees. "Not again," Sonny thought as he winced and looked back in the direction of the growl.

Nothing.

Sonny sighed deeply,"Thank god. Wait, isn't it a bad thing if you can't see the threat? Am I in danger?" He panicked his heart started racing, "Can jaguars smell fear? Shoot! I can't just stand here waiting for it to come find me right? RIGHT?" His thoughts were interrupted by another grow, and this one sounded closer. And like that, Sonny's mind was made up. He broke into a sprint, covering as much ground as he could, terror fueling his steps, and he felt like he was going faster. And faster. And fas-SMACK! Sonny collided full speed, face first with someone that looked roughly his age, and bounced off and landed on his butt, looking up at this unfamiliar figure.

Sonny's eyes started to water, running into someone hurts, especially when your bones are hollow! Sonny tried to wipe the water out of his eyes and managed a sheepish grin, "Sorry for running into you, are you okay?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Tsijiari grunted in pain as he stumbled, nearly losing his footing from the impact. Straightening himself up, he rubbed his head as he looked at the strange boy he had collided with. "What sort of leg-pants are those?" he asked rather bluntly as he ogled the symbol on the boy's yellow shorts, ignoring his question. "That isn't a letter I've look-seen befo-"

A sudden growl from deep in the bushes caused Tsijiari to freeze in his tracks. Slowly, the chosen one reached for a dart from the small quiver on his leg, deftly loading it into his blowgun. "Get-move behind me!" he hised to the boy. "Before a beast makes a quick-snack of you!"

Whinaut

Sonny was rubbing his head and heard the other boy say something to him, but it didn't quite register, something about the insignia on his shorts? He started to brush himself off and rose to his feet. Hearing the sudden growl snapped Sonny out of the brief pain of the collision, and in a wild panic he leaped up and sprinted behind the strange unknown boy.

Something about the boy in front of Sonny had a confident air. For whatever reason, it seemed like he knew what he was doing, and that made Sonny feel more safe. Peeking out from behind the boy at the bushes that the sound had come from, he whispered, "You know what your doing, don't you?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Tsijiari remained silent, eyes focusing on the bushes in front of him. His brow furrowed in concentration as he brought the blowgun to his lips, waiting for the beast to give away it's location. A bead of sweat rolled down his forehead. It had been a few seconds now...

One of the shadows in the brush seemed to move, and Tsijiari had his target. In an instant the boy forcefully exhaled, propelling the poisoned dart into the thicked. A roar of pain ensued, and the jaguar lept out of the bushes, the dart stuck in it's flank. Tsijiari's eyes widened- why hadn't the poison kicked in yet?

The chosen one would grab the arm of the boy behind him and begin to run, visibly panicked. "No! It look-seems I do not know what I'm doing!"

Whinaut

Sonny was amazed by the bravery of this boy, the view from behind this hero was awe-inspiring. The concentration on his face, the tenseness in the humid, jungle air was palpable, as the boy took his shot. The jaguar erupted from the brush, and Sonny began to celebrate when he heard the thunk and the roar of pain.

Wait, what was that little dart even supposed to do? Because it didn't seem to be doing much. Sonny opened his mouth to ask a question to be interrupted by having his arm jarringly grabbed and being taken on the run. A little shocked, Sonny was slow at first, then he saw the look of terror on this young boy's face.

He began to pick up his pace, running right alongside his new acquaintance. With his lungs burning he managed to get out a sentence, "So... just... what... Is... that... thing... supposed... to... do?" As he made a hurried gesture to the boy's blowgun. He had a feeling that whatever it was, it had not worked as intended.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"It... It was supposed to be... Poisoned!" the chosen one huffed back. "I... I must have gotten the darts switch-mixed!"

Tsijiari ran as fast as the jungle would let him. The dense foliage was both a both a blessing and a curse- on one hand, the thick branches and leaves provided ample cover for the two boys to disppear from the jaguar's sight. On the other hand, the deeper into the rainforest they got, the more difficult it became to navigate the jungle floor. The sun-blessed child looked at his companion, eyes pleading. "Do you know how to quick-climb? We might be able to loose him in the tall-trees!"

Whinaut

Distracted by the other boy's words, Sonny's foot caught on a large vine, causing him to nearly tumble to the ground. Most of his companion's words were lost to the wind, but from what Sonny could piece together, it was clear that he was confused too.

Sonny actually found it rather difficult to keep up with the boy as they bolted through the deep jungle and the terrain became more difficult. He had lost track of the exact whereabouts of the beast, and gazed up into the treetops, slowly feeling an idea form. When he turned to the boy to tell him, he was surprised to see him already looking at him, eyes begging. When he heard the golden-haired hero tell him his plan, Sonny got an excited look in his eyes and started to nod. "That should work!" When they came to the next tree trunk, Sonny took a flying leap and grabbed hold of a low-hanging branch and began to climb. The wood was rather smooth and slippery, but there were enough branches to climb without much hassle.

Only once he was high into the tree did Sonny stop and look around. He sat down on a branch, alert, but optimistically relaxed against the trunk. He beamed at his new friend and (as far as he was concerned) hero, "Thanks for all of the help down there! I could have ended up jaguar chow."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Tsijiari leapt after the boy with the fancy pants, hastily scaling the side of large tree. The bark was thin and paper-like, but a strong grip was something the chosen one had spent years to develop. He was rather suprised the other boy was able to keep up with him as well as he did- even the warriors in his village would have been left in the dust.

Reaching the top of the tree, Tsijiari took a deep breath. He looked at the other boy, a puzzled look on his face. "You're thank-welcomed." he said, chest still heaving. "Which town-home are you from? You look stray-lost with those pants on."

Tags: