Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Can you dig it? (AuroraSpice)

Started by Aeytrious, March 04, 2014, 02:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeytrious

"There are none," Hiram told her. "Those not inside, are perfectly safe. Hopefully the mess of corpses will be enough to deter your pursuers. Who is it that they are fighting with out there?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

visualspice

"Well, we can wager the Connlaothians have the guns, but I'd dare guess the others are simple, desert folk- probably protecting some sacred oasis or water source that the foreigners are defiling," she told him simply with a shrug. "Your guess is as good as mine. I just came out her on a whim, but again, I must apologize, because I'm certain they could have followed me out here. I wasn't exactly expecting to be followed and I'm sure the foreigners saw that I was a foreigner and probably assumed I was simply here for buried treasure. You know what they say about those Connlaothians in Essyrn..."
Considering if they were to travel this far, they obviously were hoping to find something big!

"But I must admit, it was not the foreigners who attacked me, but the locals. Perhaps they presumed I was with the Connlaothians. I mean, I hardly look Essyrni, so I can't blame them for such assumptions!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Aeytrious

Hiram was bored and tired. He couldn't help being annoyed at Aurora's words. If she hadn't come out here, on a whim or otherwise, he'd be loading up carts and preparing to depart with mountains of treasure. From the outside they could hide the entrance, but then they'd have to face whatever bandits were out there. He settled in on the floor, getting as comfortable as possible, and then closed his eyes.
        "Feel free to get some rest Hebera. I will be," Hiram said to her. "If you could keep watch Tennin. I'm going to close my eyes for a bit. Wake me if anything important happens."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

"You can honestly sleep at a time like this?" For this,s he had to smile and turned to Tennin with an observant gaze. It was atypical of the man to pull such a stunt, and she wasn't sure if he was testing her, or really that crazy. It took at least another hour and a half before the shooting had ceased, and by then, Aurora was holding her breath. She glanced over at Tennin, who, as was charged, remained awake long enough to witness this as well. The pair both glanced out towards where the gun shots had once been going off- before a light hissing noise was heard.

Before Tennin knew what was going on, smoke had already rose up from the ground and hoovered over the men like a fog. Aurora had dawned a peculiar contraption about her face as hse peered down at the gassed men who would, by now, undoubtably be sleeping like babies. She didn't wait for too long to strike as she moved hurriedly between them and into their things, dawning her peculiar spectacles from earlier and switching about between the lenses as she looked through Hiram's treasure.

So far, the first bag proved fruitless, that was until she lifted up what seemed to be an empty, amber jar. Her eyes lit up as she shifted one lense in front of the other, observing the small sparkling remnant of a soul trapped within. She didn't waste too much time in admiring it before slipping the object into her sack and hoping to make herself scarce. No sense in disturbing the rest of his fine valuables. She got the one she came for, after all. But as she moved to leave, her foot got caught on something and she turned around to observe another pillaged sack.

She couldn't help but be tempted to see what was in this bag, and hurriedly she untied and began to rummage through. And she could not believe it as she gasped outloud-
There was a BIG piece of soul dust in here, and all of her lenses were exposing it!

Hurriedly, she interlocked each lens together to get a better look at the thing, as she groped around inside the bag before pulling out a silver, sapphire ring. She could have choked on her smile. Something so small could contain so much soul.... Hurriedly, she placed it into her pouch and turned to look at the still slumbering forms of the men behind her. She counted off on them again before glancing around to see what other treasure there imght be. She put her glasses back on, and upon seeing nothing of value, she disappeared outside of the tomb.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Aeytrious

Hiram was a light sleeper, the hiss of the smoke and the odd smell in the air awoke him, but only for a moment. He had time to register that something was wrong, and see Tennin slump over. Then he was unconscious once more, lulled to sleep by the smoke Hebera had released into the room. When Hiram awoke, for he was the first to shake off the affects of the smoke, he roused his companions. Hebera was long gone, and they had been lucky that the men outside had not come in after Hebera had left. Hiram headed outside and began loading the remaining cart with treasure. Tennin and Ressick soon joined him, and the trio made several trips back to the vault of gold.
        Their single cart made barely a dent in the hoard. They had found nothing significant missing after the disappearance of Hebera, but they did not linger. Tennin and Ressick waited outside while Hiram reactivated the traps and followed the one safe path back. The three were barely able to push the stone door back in place, and once it was sealed, they left to travel back to the city. Once there, they took the covered treasure to a small home Hiram had purchased. The Essyrni man that sold it to him overcharged, likely because he was foreign, but that didn't bother Hiram. He'd had a secret basement constructed. Then he had a secret sub-basement constructed by a different crew. Tennin and Ressick helped him unload the treasure into a small room on the main floor, and once the men had walked away, Hiram closed the door and flipped a switch. A chute opened up, taking the treasure down into the sub-basement where nobody would know it was located.
        Hiram hired three more Essyrni, all good men recommended by Tennin, and the six of them together took three carts back out to the tomb. It took a week for the men to bring back all the loot, trip after trip, and the gods smiled on their caravan. They did not run into bandits, raiders, or marauders. Hiram gave Tennin and Ressick each an extra share of the treasure for surviving the initial outing. The other three men did not object to this, but Ressick eyes were shifty, and Hiram did not trust the weasel. Once the five men had all gone on their way, each with their own cart of treasure, Hiram went about moving all his loot into his secret sub-basement. He was now ridiculously wealthy. He had kept the majority of the loot. The other men had not complained, for having vast riches could bring danger, and they were not the greedy type.
        Hiram went about ordering the construction of a second and third floor to his small home, and purchased the small adjoining property. The construction would take some time, but Hiram was enjoying the wealth and the comfort it brought him. He bought new garments, of Essyrni fabrics but in Adelan design. The Essyrni probably thought he looked foolish, but he was comfortable in the airy clothes, and he liked their cut. Only a few days after the week of bringing back the treasure had passed when Hiram found himself wondering about that mysterious woman. Hebera had the opportunity to rob or kill them, or to bring back mercenaries to loot the place, but she hadn't. He wondered what she had wanted, and where she possibly could be. He certainly hadn't minded the view, though he did prefer the look of Essyrni women.
        And since he couldn't get the woman off his mind, Hiram decided to put out the word that he was looking for her. If she was in Essyrn, he'd find her in time. Gold could move mountains.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

Aurora Jane, antiquities thief extraordinaire, was not one to linger in one spot too long. She knew the marks she left would leave a trail, but no one, she found, at least so far...., had the patience to follow her and such a scattered trail. And she refused in her findings, to visit one place more than once...

However, a few months after her time in Essyrn... she found herself being called back there again. A wealthy man from the North was talking about an expedition, this one, perhaps not as grand as the possibilities of what Hiram and his men had found, but it was enough of a possible find to provoke her interest.

There was a secluded area where the deserts met the plains, and it was said an old queen, or princess, was buried there. Such an old find was bound to have some remains of a soul, for she realized the older the find, the greater the soul dust.

So, she wasted no time in packing her things and preparing herself for another adventure in the desert. She was rather fond of this land, it was beautiful at sunrise and sunset, and impecably hot during the day. But heat never bothered her, and she always wore her clever smirk, a feature of hers that was difficult to hide, even when she took on a disguise.

As she neared the city, she wrapped herself in clothe, nearly from head to toe, a similar garb to that of the local women, who wore it to protect themselves from the sun's rays. Now that she was amply hidden from view, she had no trouble moving through the streets at all, and only upon closer observation, one might realize she was no native at all, for her skin was too pale, as were her brows and lashes.

But she was moving as naturally as the flow of a river through the crowds. And so far, she became blended in there- no one of significance.

Aeytrious

The amount of gold it cost Hiram to buy the space for, and construct his personal museum was exorbitant, but barely put a dent in the huge amount that he brought back from his great discovery. He'd made more trips out to the tomb, bringing back intact statues, and other relics. He spent time visiting with the ancient king, sharing his knowledge of the world and its known history. He received much insight from the man, and even some corrections on events of the past that the man had experienced. He valued the wisdom he received, and the old king didn't care for the wealth that Hiram was taking from his burial place.
        As his adventures to the tomb went on, Hiram continued to have word spread that he was searching for Hebera Henry. It was not a secret that he sought the foreign woman, though he did not give reason. Every day he heard of sightings of pale faced women, and every day when he went to see them for himself they were not her. He thought that the description including her green eyes, red hair, and ample bosom, would lessen the flow of tips. It did not, it seemed, matter to the native people. Every pale faced woman looked the same to them. Most often the women didn't even have red hair. Blonde and brunette noble women from far away lands were often what he found himself looking at when he heard of a possible match to his search.
        He was beginning to lose hope of finding her, and though the time it was taking should have deterred him, it only served to strengthen his desire to find the woman. She was likely long gone from Essyrn, but he wouldn't stop his search. So his gold greased palms, and would hopefully bring him word of the woman if he ever returned.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

Greasy palms meant slippery hands, and an undesirable trail left behind. Foreign women suddenly being sought after by locals had their men irate, and one confrontation made a man blow his top. Aurora watched, amused, before she heard from the frothing words of the man's mouth that this has happened before. And his wife was not the first victim of such harassment, for last month, it happened to his sister, too.

Intrigued, the woman continued to listen to the fight, and when the man exposed it was Hiram Carter who desired his wife, the man rolled back his sleeves and stormed off towards the museum. The ends of her lips curled, and her green eyes danced, and soon she was tagging along, but she kept her distance and watched through the window as the angered man threw open the door and bellowed, "Hiram! Come out this instant! You think you're so sly, trying to chase after foreign women! Come fight me you cad! "

Aeytrious

It was not Hiram who first met the man's ire, but Tennin. The rotund Essyrni man had lost some weight since Aurora had seem him last, and put on not a little muscle. It seemed lifting heavy loads, and working for a living had hardened the man, but his new found wealth kept him soft around his middle. He stormed out, wearing expensive Essyrn style garb mixed with sturdy Adelan boots, and what appeared to be Connlaothian arm guards.
        "What's all this yelling about," Tennin asked the man, as a crowd began to gather. "You have issue with Mr. Carter?" At first the man seemed shocked by the appearance of Tennin, and the way he rested his hand on his belted falchion. His wife arriving at his side, soon had his anger stoked again and he waved a fist at Tennin.
        "Tell that Master of yours to come out here," he spat at the Essyrni man that called Hiram friend, "my fists have something to say to his face."
        Calling Hiram his master immediately made the proud Essyrni angry, and Tennin began to draw his large blade forth. "Tennin," Hiram called from the door to the museum. He appeared there with a glass of wine in his hand. "Don't be too hasty now. If something were to happen to you, I fear I would not survives your wives' ire." He chuckled at his word as he walked out to meet his friend, "those two women scare me more than the slithering demons that burrow beneath the sands." Hiram placed a hand on his friends shoulder, and handed him the now empty wine glass. Tennin did not wilt completely at the mention of his wives', but his anger was subdued enough that he took the glass silently and stepped aside.
        Hiram did not come armed with more than a boot knife, hidden from view, but promptly rolled up his sleeves. Most of his cowardice had been burned off by the Essyrni sun, and the wine in his veins was enough to make him brave. He still had his wits about him though, and could asses that this man was more bravado than might. "If there is an issue that needs settling with fists, then I am at your service," he turned to the crowd, "there will be no charges filed here," he called. "We settle this as men, and both of us will leave alive." He turned back to his accuser and smiled grimly to the man, "does this suit your," he looked him over more closely, "Adelan pride?"
        "Aye," the man confirmed, pushing his wife aside as he stepped forward. He didn't wait for Hiram to say he was ready, he simply raised his hands and took a swing at Hiram. All his traveling with mercenaries, and plundering ruins, had not left Hirma without plenty of opportunities to learn to fight. He easily deflected the blow, and brought his open hand to a chop in the mans throat. That one contact was enough to end the fight. The larger man fell to his knees, gasping for breath, as his wife rushed up to him. She was foreign alright, but her Serenian heritage was plainly visible, and her blue hair was nowhere near red.
        "I am looking for a foreign woman," Hiram said loudly for everyone to hear, "red hair, green eyes, pale skin, and a bust," he gestured to show how large Aurora's breasts were, "that most men would lust for. The name she gave me was Hebera Henry. If you find her, I will pay you one thousand gold suns. That's Serenian currency. The largest gold coins in the land. One thousand, for Hebera Henry." He turned to Tennin, retrieved his glass from his friend, and went inside, oblivious to the fact that Aurora, or Hebera as he knew her, was so close by.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

The fight ended far too quickly. What a pity. She was actually looking forward to something more... dashing? But to learn that he was looking for her, and his description there of- it made her silently laugh. It was remarkable what men recalled of a woman. Breasts the size all men desired? Well, at least she knew she left an impression. She looked down at her assets and pressed them together to look at their ample cleavage.

"I suppose even I can't deny I've got a nice pair."

But why so much fuss over her? Was he really so concerned about the small trinket she had stolen? Interesting... too bad he would't get it. At least not from her. She had that already tucked somewhere far away, and very safe.

From what she could gauge, he was doing quite well for himself. She knew this museum was not here on her last visit, and to see he and his men in such clothing... It again, piqued her interest as to why he'd care about some random woman who only caused him strife in the desert. Most men would be happy with their success and cut their losses.

She looked back down at her chest again.
Right... men only cared about one thing. Still, it was quite amusing, and she was never a woman to deny herself the thrill of a new risk, so she continued to lurk around the museum, peering in through the windows from afar, though the back end crept into a narrow ally, so it was more difficult for her to keep a safe a distance as she would have liked.

Aeytrious

Hiram had nothing of monetary value on display in the museum. All the gems and precious metals were hidden away in his series of secret vaults. What was on show were statues, and stone slabs, pottery, tools, skeletons and mummies. These things required little to no protection, as they were not valued for their price tag, but simply for the wealth of knowledge they provided. He'd had placards made that gave information to the viewers, about the items displayed. All his work drew little attention, though admission was free. Some curious folks walked around looking at the wonders he'd discovered, but it seemed history, was just not that interesting to the common person. The only guard that patrolled the premises, was Tennin. He was Hiram's partner now, and he took it upon himself to make sure the place remained safe. So it was he that saw the woman creeping through the alley, looking in the few back windows.
        "You there," he called out, pointing at Aurora, "what are you about? If you wish to enter, come through the front, or be off with you!"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

She hadn't considered she'd be caught. Then again, there was always the risk when she lurked so close to her 'toys'. However, she wasn't here to bring out a confrontation, so with a bow of her head, she moved to slip away from the alley.

Aeytrious

It wasn't until Aurora was walking away that Tennin realized that the woman he'd been looking at from a distance had an ample bosom, and he thought he may have caught just a glimpse of pale skin around her eyes. He turned back toward the window and rushed up to look through it. Wrapped as she was, and moving away from him, Tennin could not be sure it was her, but he just had a feeling in his gut. His wives always said it was from not eating enough, but the round man found that to be absurd.
        "Stop!" Tennin shouted out at Aurora, "come back. I have a question to ask you."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

Not all women here were so easily approachable. And shrouded in a guard to keep the sun from charring her skin, she clutched it just a little bit closer at the man's call. But she continued walking, perhaps not having heard him, as she looked for any easy way out. After all, the best way to disappear was into a crowd. But could she mix into one fast enough?

Aeytrious

Tennin had no way to reach Aurora in time. He was inside, near the window, but a window he could not easily fit through. The bars were meant to keep people out, but in this case they kept him in. He hustled to the front, out the door, and toward the rear alleyway opening. He scanned the crowds, hoping to catch a glimpse of the woman, but she most likely had all the time she needed to disappear. The question was whether or not to tell Hiram that he thought the woman was near.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

And he might not have to, for as Aurora was making her way through the crowd, trying to be as nonchalant as possible, she found herself brushing into a man and was so close, she stepped on his turn. And as she turned to apologize, she realized..
Shit! It was him.

Aeytrious

Tennin was surprised by Aurora's appearance in front of him. It was her. He could only see her eyes, but he was sure of that. It was in the way she moved, as if she was trying to hide her confidence.
        "Hebera," Tennin called out to her, using the fake name she'd given, "don't run woman! Hiram seeks you!" Why Hiram sought this woman, Tennin did not understand. She had ample bosom, sure, and her pale skin was beautifully exotic, but Hiram's taste in women was far different. He favored small, boyish women of Thanaty descent. Or at least that's what he'd said. Perhaps if he brought this woman to Hiram, the spending on seekers to find her would stop. 
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

Running was exactly what she wanted to do, but when the man didn't try to nab for her, she hesitated. She hoped she wouldn't regret the hesitation.

"Hiram?" she feigned ignorance. "What would I care for the requests of any man?"

Aeytrious

Tennin recognized her voice. Foreign people had such distinct accents. Those eyes that were exposed for him to see were Hebera's eyes. Now he knew he had the right woman.
        "I don't know," Tennin said honestly. "He says all he wants is to talk to you. He's quite obsessed I think. Wants to know why you didn't kill us, and walked away from all those riches."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

"Why don't you go back and tell your master that curiosity killed the cat. Besides, my business needn't concern him."