Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

At Least They're Not Apples

Started by Zero, March 07, 2014, 05:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

"Somehow I don't think the fledglings would find my motivational speaking quite as riveting as you do." Not to mention Tesha didn't like speaking in front of large groups as a general rule. Too great a chance to make a fool of herself. She was a fighter, not a talker.

GoblinFae

Kenneth snorted. "As if what they have now is any better. How long has the shadow master been around anyway? From the way Rowan tells things he was ancient even when she started and that was ages ago. When your father started too for that matter, right?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zero

"Yeah, the Master Shadow was already old when my dad was just a fledgling. He's been around forever. I think since the founding of the Clockwork City, actually. He's just always been there. Bet dad would know more about it." Her dad probably had books on the history of the Vigilant that mentioned the Master Shadow going back thousands and thousands of years.

GoblinFae

"Well you ask him then and give me the summary notes on what he says," he teased. A look to the sky surprised him that the sun was much further along than he expected. He never even noticed how much had time had passed with them just chatting and goofing off pleasantly.

"So we're sure we'll make it back today?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zero

"I don't know why you're such a coward around my father." Tesha grumped at Kenny, sticking her tongue out for good measure. Both of her parents loved Kenneth Kent. She was pretty sure her mother actually liked Kenny better than her, and her father might not have been the easiest man to read, but it was easy enough to know that Tershal held a great deal of fondness for his daughter's clumsy best friend.

"Of course we're making it back today. No problem. If we don't, we'll starve before morning."

GoblinFae

He gave her an incredulous look and stumbled in his stride. "Your father is a great man and should not be troubled with such little things. You're family so you get away with it. Besides, he trained Rowan. If any man can train and put up with her and not end up running away scared then seriously that just makes him all that much scarier. He forged a fiery-tempered lady ranger and fathered another one. The man certainly has got the process down pat but shadows help the man that pisses those women off because Tershal's not far behind them." Kenneth shuddered for added effect.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Sure, Tesha knew her father was a bit of a legend in his own right. After all, he'd been around for a really long time and was known to be very good at what he did. So maybe someone else would have cause to find him scary, but she could only roll her eyes at Kenny's fear of the man. Her dad liked Kenny a lot, like one of his own children almost!

"You're a chicken. My dad likes you as much as my mom does, which is to say a lot. You're practically, no, you are family."

GoblinFae

"I take offense to that! I am not just some common chicken. I am prized rooster," Kenneth declared in a heavily accented, pompous manner, tapping his chest as he puffed up and postured. Deflating quickly though to become himself again with a chuckle he continued, "seriously though I don't know how you can make that claim. He's always giving me that one-eyed stare like he can see through me. I'm almost certain that's where Rowan got it from. You sure he isn't some kind of psychic? He can't read minds can he?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

"If my dad could read minds we'd both be dead, and he gives that stare to everyone." Tesha's dad had perfected that dad stare, and the other part was only partly an exaggeration. After all, it was one thing for her father to accept Kenneth as part of the family because he was Rowan's nephew, quite another thing for him to know that his daughter was in love with him!

She suddenly worried how her father would take that. Tesha had never told anyone. Constance would be thrilled if she managed to coax some kind of relationship out of her very flighty partner. Tershal was anyone's guess. Nobody ever really knew what was going on in that intimidating head of his.

GoblinFae

Kenneth snorted. "To be honest he'd have to get in line. There is a loooooong list of things meant to have had me ten measures underground already. Of all that I am incapable of dying seems to have also made that list. Or perhaps I'm just too good at living. Now there's a thought," he trailed off, murmuring to himself as his brow furrowed in deep thought.

"Do you think that's possible, Tesha?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

"There's no such thing as too good at living, Kenny, and you better stay "too good" at it! If anything happened to you..." Tesha really didn't want to think about life without Kenny. The goof had been her best friend for almost as long as she could remember. "Well it doesn't matter because I would never let anything happen to you."

Without really thinking about it her hand reached out to find his and squeeze it lightly, as if reassuring herself that he was there and fine after those brief, troubling thoughts of him not being there anymore.

GoblinFae

"I know, I know," he stated, talking over her while waving his hands, "you'd bring me back to life, beat the living daylights out of me and kill me yourself just out of spite for dying on you. Probably do it more than once too just for kicks." He was completely oblivious to her feelings on the matter and smiled warmly when she gave his hand a teasing squeeze which he returned enthusiastically. "Until then I guess you're just stuck with me."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Tesha glared at Kenneth as he spoke over her, saying what he thought she might do. The worst part was that did sound like a threat she would make. It still made her heart lurch to think of him dying. She could make bold threats in jest, but she knew in her heart that she could never hurt him, not truly, and not on purpose.

"You're an idiot, but you're my idiot and you better not forget it." She huffed softly, wishing that he could see just how much he meant to her.

GoblinFae

Kenneth laughed loudly, his hand still in hers. "Ah so you claim ownership then do you? Lookout world! I belong to Tesha Nallvir and she'll kick your ass as sure as look at you if you mess with me!" he shouted at the top of his lungs, both of his hands raised up in the air in triumph. Above them, Brennus cried out shrilly at his antics, swooping and diving in front of the pair to ensure that Kenneth was alright.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

"Wasn't kidding!" Tesha growled, though she was fighting off a grin as she turned quickly and gave him a light jab in the side in retaliation to his laughing at her. "You are mine. My best friend, my dorky goofball, my grace-challenged pain-in-the-ass. Mine."

GoblinFae

He squeaked and jerked away at her prodding but it did nothing to quell his mirth. Hearing her claim him as hers set a fire in his veins like nothing ever had before. As an orphan all he had ever wanted in life was a family and a sense of belonging. When Rowan had found him he had gained both but Kenneth realized then that he was a greedy man and he desperately wanted more. Even now he knew how much he loved Tesha and wanted to return her claim with one of his own, that she belonged to him. But, he knew he had no right to her. She was a free and fierce woman that should not belong to any man than the one of her choosing. He would forever remain her friend instead, for in his eyes that was more than a penniless orphan deserved. Kenneth nodded his head to her, offering a soft if slightly sad smile before repeating in a tight whisper not meant for anyone's ears, "forever yours."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Why didn't he say something? Anything?

It hurt so much. Tesha glowered over at him angrily, blue eyes flaming at the moron that she'd fallen in love with for whatever reason. She hadn't consciously chosen to love Kenny, but from the very beginning when Rowan had brought him to the city, the stubborn, rebellious thing that she was had been drawn to him - claiming him.

Back in more innocent years just as his friend, his guardian, his protector, his defender...Nobody had been allowed to be mean to Kenneth Kent. Nobody except her. Only she was allowed to pick on him, tease him.

"You're infuriating." Tesha huffed as she crossed her arms across her chest grumpily, shoulder slumping slightly.

GoblinFae

"Why thank you!" Kenneth exclaimed, not understanding that they were no longer playing and that Tesha was rather upset with him. "That is probably my favorite compliment! Well right after being called your idiot of course. Have to keep these things in order now, don't we? But, by all means don't stop there," he cried raising a hand in her direction while the other rested above his heart, "don't hold back, I know you have more sweet praises to inflate my ego. Please feed me more oh great and terrible Tesha! I beg thee!" He folded his hands in front of him in a begging fashion as he dropped to his knees in her path.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

No matter how much she knew that Kenny wasn't mocking her, Tesha couldn't help but feel a burning, bitter anger at his antics. It hurt to think he was dismissing her feelings so carelessly. She'd laid her heart bare to him and while he claimed to love her, his actions were like a sharp slap in the face to the contrary.

Tesha wasn't in the mood for playing this game. Instinctively her foot came up and Kenny would find himself with a boot landing flat against his chest, kicking him out of her way before she unceremoniously stepped over him, not even bothering to look down at him as she did so.

"Here's a praise for you - go fuck yourself Kent." She didn't think she could put enough bite into those words to adequately convey how pissed and hurt she felt.

GoblinFae

He grunted as she felled him, knocking the wind out of him with her kick so that he laid stunned upon the forest floor for several moments before he was able to roll back to his feet and chase after her. Unwilling to allow her to stay furious with him for long especially when he did not quite understand why she was upset to begin with, Kenneth pulled her back into his arms, her back against his chest once he caught up with her. He held on tight in order to keep her from running but enough to hurt her as he embraced her close. There was love and pain in his heart for being able to do such a thing without being her only one to hold her such.

"Forgive me, Tesha," his whispered, his head bowed against her own. "My jest went too far and I'm sorry, truly. Things got out of hand. Please don't stay cross with me. I can't lose my only friend over something so stupid.

"I love you too much," he whispered not realizing he had said it aloud as he squeezed her a little closer.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]