Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

At Least They're Not Apples

Started by Zero, March 07, 2014, 05:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Constance was a mother, first and foremost, so when Kenneth clung to her, sobbing and shaking with his emotions, she did what any mother would for her child. She tried to comfort and soothe him. Her hand gently rubbed his back as she held him, not even saying anything as she let the heaviest of the pain unload onto her dress in the form of fat tears. It didn't bother her. He wasn't the first baby to soak her clothing, and he wouldn't be the last.

"There, there..." She cooed softly, rocking him jut a little like one might a small child. "You have to get over this notion of thinking you know what's best for her. Tershal thought he knew what was best for me too, and look how that worked out for him."

She hadn't taken no for an answer, that's how. Now she had three wonderful children with him, and a very upset adopted one as well.

GoblinFae

"I know enough to know I'm not it," he blubbered, still clinging to Constance fiercely. "I'm nothing like her! She's strong and beautiful and smart and and and she's made for better things, Mother Constance!" Kenneth pulled himself back to look at the woman sternly with red-rimmed eyes. "She is!"

His moment of character did not last long though as he slumped forward once more. "I'm not better things. I'm just somebody's castoff whose family only decided to show up because they felt guilty about moving on in life. I belong here. Tesha belongs out there! She loves all things not here and I'm here. Why can't she see that?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zero

"Well she obviously loves something here." Constance grumbled with no small amount of exasperation. Really? As dearly as she'd loved the boy, mothering him more than her own headstrong daughter (mostly because she felt that he needed it more), he could be a truly stubborn idiot.

Then again, she'd married a stubborn idiot.

"Tesha belongs here. We all belong here. We belong to the Shadows. She won't be out there except when serving the Shadows. If you ever want her to be happy then you need to understand that she has to find something that makes her happy here. You make her happy, Kenneth. I'm her mother, I know how she looks at you. All you're doing is making both of you miserable." It was probably all a waste of breath, but Constance had to try to appeal to his sensibilities.

Provided he had any.

GoblinFae

Kenneth sighed weakly, feeling the weight of the world and his poor decisions crushing down on him. "Too late now. I've ruined everything then. She hates me for sure. I always ruin everything. I even ruined her." He sat up and attempted to drag himself out of his chair. "I should go home. I'm sure you want to see to Tesha anyway. Thank you Mother Constance," he spoke softly as he bowed. His face was a total expression of resigned acceptance of a life of misery in that moment. He wanted nothing more than to crawl into a dark hole and die.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zero

Constance threw her hands up in frustration, clearly she was not getting through to him with her motherly affections and reassurances. Well, sometimes men were just stupid and would only listen to another man. Thank Shadows she had one of those on hand to assist her as Kenneth rose and attempted to retreat.

Tershal had appeared and gave a soft nod to Constance, who quickly went to see to her daughter, both parents tag-teaming the pair of wayward children.

"I doubt you've ruined anything, son." The grizzled older ranger offered softly as he laid a hand on Kenneth's shoulder gently. "Come into my study and let's talk for a bit. Tesha had quite a lot to say about your mission."

GoblinFae

His breath caught in his lungs at the unexpected voice of his mentor and sole father-figure. Kenneth deflated at the older man's touch, his shoulders slumping and his head hanging like a man sent to the gallows. For a moment the boy's eyes squeezed tightly closed as he fought back tears before nodding his head jerkily.

"Yessir. I'm sure she did sir," he choked out, following sluggishly on the other ranger's heels. "I'm sorry for the trouble I've caused you and your family sir," he finally stated once they were in the study. The walk there though short had him sweating arrows for all the disappointment and despair he felt inside topped with fear of what Terahal would have to say about him and to him.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Tershal headed straight to his favorite armchair and settled down comfortably in front of the hearth, gesturing to the second chair.

"Sit." It wasn't posed as a request.

"I don't consider you to be any trouble, son. And you are our family." He had known Kenneth since the boy was, well, a boy. When Rowan had brought the youth to the city Tershal hadn't hesitated to take him under his wing, bringing him into his home like a member of the family. Constance certainly hadn't complained about having another child to mother.

The old ranger waited for Kenny to sit before letting out a tired sigh. "Are you alright?"

GoblinFae

Kenneth didn't need to be told twice. He knew an order when he heard one. Upsetting Tershal Nallvir was very close to the bottom of the list of things he wanted to do right then. Hearing himself called family though made his heart sink, his head following it to star at his calloused hands currently in his lap.

"Yessir. I'm quite fine thank you. I-- I'm afraid I cannot say the same of your daughter though." He sighed heavily, feeling as if a heavy stone were crushing his chest with that exhale. "Forgive me but Mother Constance is likely also cross with me. I contradicted her and likely have upset her as well with my poor behavior. I"m sorry for the mess I've managed to cause you and your family sir."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

For a long moment Tershal simply stared at Kenneth with his lone eye, taking in his demeanor and his words with equal measure. His expression was unreadable. When he spoke his gaze shifted to the hearth. "You do not seem fine, son. I wager my daughter is more fine than you are.The trials and tribulations of young love. Heh."

They were both his children, by blood or choice it hardly mattered.

"I wouldn't worry about Constance either, that woman has fussed over you since you arrived here years ago. You're quite popular with the women in my family, Kenneth." Tershal actually let out a deep chuckle. He'd been aware of his daughter's infatuation with the boy for a while, of course. If he was going to give his daughter up to another man, he could be quite okay with it being this one.

GoblinFae

The young man pursed his lips, his shoulders drooping even further as he was called out on his fibbing. Of course, Tershal would notice. Nothing ever escaped him, especially from a pathetic and terrible liar like Kenneth. He couldn't even bring himself to protest knowing that there really was no use.

While comments of "young love" certainly made him wince it was the mention of his popularity with Nallvir family that made him truly groan and drop his head into his weary hands. "I can't tell if you're trying to help or make it worse," he bemoaned into his hands. "If you're going to kick the snot out of me for breaking your daughter's heart can we just get on with it? I know I probably deserve to suffer more but I'm pretty sure I can torture myself a lot better than you right now."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

"Help." Of course Tershal was trying to help, but whether he was actually helping was another matter entirely. He saw a furtive movement in the doorway and his lips quirked slightly in a smirk. "I'm not going to kick you yet, that'll depend on what you do about making my daughter cry."

Tesha had paused in the doorway, watching her father and her...best friend? Her eyes were red and puffy, her face blotchy, she knew she looked a right mess, but she didn't care. When her father finished talking she barged into the room and practically tackled Kenneth. She hated fighting with him, at least like this.

"You're an idiot, but you're my idiot. Do you hear me? *Mine*."

GoblinFae

A keening sound that perhaps was trying to be a laugh but came out more as a choked sob escaped Kenneth at the claim it was meant to help him. He didn't believe it. He couldn't believe it! He had done the unthinkable. He had hurt his dearest and most beloved friend, the beat to his heart, his Tesha. This was his family and he had utterly ruined everything. Yet, here was Tershal, ever the father figure in his life claiming he wanted to help him instead of harm him for hurting the man's daughter enough to make her, the unbreakable, unbeatable, unshakeable warrior queen, cry.

He was kept from answering further though as a solid body slammed into him, nearly sending him tumbling out of the chair and sprawling onto the floor. A well-placed foot was all that caught him as his hands instinctively went up and latched onto the body in his lap and held on fiercely. No matter how much she likely hated him, how much she wanted to tear him to pieces, how much she would likely break him, Kenneth was not about to let this love of his life fall.

"I am an idiot," he whispered back, too afraid to look at her as he clung to her tightly, tensed for the blows but unable to tear himself away when she smelled so much like home. "I am an idiot," he choked out. "An idiot that loves you and should never have said that and I'm so, so sorry Tesha. I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Kenneth loved her.

That was what she had wanted for so long. Tesha had adored this moronic man for years, had stayed by his side, had loved him in secret and he loved her. She clung to him tighter, burying her face against his should as he held her and apologized. The tears had stopped, but they started again as she stayed there in his lap.

"I love you, Kenny." Her words were whispered against the skin of his neck before she raised her head, fingers tangling in his hair, and pressed her lips against his. It was a wet, salty kiss, but it was wonderful all the same.

Tesha didn't even notice Tershal quietly slip from the room to give them a little privacy in their tumultuous moment.

GoblinFae

His arms moved as if made of lead to wrap around her warrior's frame and cradle her close to his thrashing heart. They only squeezed tighter to hear her declaration of love and feel the brush of her lips against his own. For several moments he did nothing more than hold her. But as realisation set in and his heartbeat ceased roaring in his ears, Kenneth's mind finally caught up with her words and touch.

He gripped her bruisingly close, in complete contrast to the tender kiss he returned as gentle as a butterfly's wing. "You love me?" the young man breathed against her skin, eyes still closed with the adrenaline of their kiss. "I love you," he continued firmly as he embraced her close and nuzzled against her neck.

"Oh Tesha, please don't be teasing me. I can't survive this kind of joke. Just end me now if that's the case. Please."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Tesha didn't care that Kenny's hold on her was positively crushing, it was too much of a relief to be held tightly in his arms. Why had they even needed to fight over this? It seemed so pointless! All she wanted was exactly this, to be held by the man she loved as she clung desperately to him in return.

"I love you Kenneth Kent. I wouldn't joke about that." Her voice was hushed and a bit raw as she buried her face against his shoulder. Their bodies were already pressed so close, but she still tried to squirm even closer. "You'll be mine, right?"

GoblinFae

One hand slid up to cradle the back of her head as he relaxed his hold enough to not crush her but continue to hold her close. With a heavy sigh he pressed his temple close to the top of her head, nuzzling tenderly and taking comfort in her presence.

It still didn't feel real. She was here. She as warm. She was holding him and yet....it still felt like a dream. Dream or not though, Kenneth was willing to see it to its end because he loved her. And more importantly, if he chose to believe the dream at least, she loved him.

"I have always been yours, Tesha," he murmured against her hair. "My heart is forever yours."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Tags: