Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

* War's A-brewin'!

There is a civil war brewing in Connlaoth! Check out its info page here and its plotting page here!
The SotE video game is accepting crafting item submissions right here!

Also, we have a Discord chat server! Check it out. 8D

Author Topic: At Least They're Not Apples  (Read 5256 times)

Online Moonie

Re: At Least They're Not Apples
« Reply #320 on: May 12, 2017, 07:04:07 AM »
Constance was a mother, first and foremost, so when Kenneth clung to her, sobbing and shaking with his emotions, she did what any mother would for her child. She tried to comfort and soothe him. Her hand gently rubbed his back as she held him, not even saying anything as she let the heaviest of the pain unload onto her dress in the form of fat tears. It didn't bother her. He wasn't the first baby to soak her clothing, and he wouldn't be the last.

"There, there..." She cooed softly, rocking him jut a little like one might a small child. "You have to get over this notion of thinking you know what's best for her. Tershal thought he knew what was best for me too, and look how that worked out for him."

She hadn't taken no for an answer, that's how. Now she had three wonderful children with him, and a very upset adopted one as well.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #321 on: May 16, 2017, 05:53:47 PM »
"I know enough to know I'm not it," he blubbered, still clinging to Constance fiercely. "I'm nothing like her! She's strong and beautiful and smart and and and she's made for better things, Mother Constance!" Kenneth pulled himself back to look at the woman sternly with red-rimmed eyes. "She is!"

His moment of character did not last long though as he slumped forward once more. "I'm not better things. I'm just somebody's castoff whose family only decided to show up because they felt guilty about moving on in life. I belong here. Tesha belongs out there! She loves all things not here and I'm here. Why can't she see that?"

Online Moonie

« Reply #322 on: June 27, 2017, 07:02:54 AM »
"Well she obviously loves something here." Constance grumbled with no small amount of exasperation. Really? As dearly as she'd loved the boy, mothering him more than her own headstrong daughter (mostly because she felt that he needed it more), he could be a truly stubborn idiot.

Then again, she'd married a stubborn idiot.

"Tesha belongs here. We all belong here. We belong to the Shadows. She won't be out there except when serving the Shadows. If you ever want her to be happy then you need to understand that she has to find something that makes her happy here. You make her happy, Kenneth. I'm her mother, I know how she looks at you. All you're doing is making both of you miserable." It was probably all a waste of breath, but Constance had to try to appeal to his sensibilities.

Provided he had any.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #323 on: August 08, 2017, 07:37:00 AM »
Kenneth sighed weakly, feeling the weight of the world and his poor decisions crushing down on him. "Too late now. I've ruined everything then. She hates me for sure. I always ruin everything. I even ruined her." He sat up and attempted to drag himself out of his chair. "I should go home. I'm sure you want to see to Tesha anyway. Thank you Mother Constance," he spoke softly as he bowed. His face was a total expression of resigned acceptance of a life of misery in that moment. He wanted nothing more than to crawl into a dark hole and die.

Tags: Kenneth Kent