Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Little Piece of Kerosene (Spice!) - [M]

Started by Ivory, March 10, 2014, 04:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivory

Kathryn had been separated from her guards for a mere 24 hours, and already she had found herself in trouble.  There had been a time, she reflected unhappily, that she had drifted through Connlaoth virtually unnoticed.  She had lived for a few days on her wits and bravado...but, in those days, her life had never truly depended on it, much less the life of her unborn child.

Five years ago, if this had happened to her, she would have been fine.

Now, she was alternatively cold, starving, and exhausted.  Neither her pregnancy nor the poison the had nearly killed her only days ago had helped her condition, but she thought she would soon be home...

...And, so, the attack had come as a surprise.

Kathryn leaned against the doorway, trying to suppress a shiver as she wrapped her plain cloak more tightly around her frame.  The borrowed clothing she wore was plain, but it was warm, and her guards had told her it would help her remain unidentified...though, clearly, not well enough.

It was hard to say what would claim her first: the cold, the hunger, or the rebels that had killed her confidant and servant, her guards, and Angsar knew who else.  If one church hadn't already betrayed her, she would have tried her luck there, but could she trust them?

Whatever she did, she would have to do it soon...  Perhaps a little food would clear her mind, if only she had the coin.  She eyed the street, unsure of what, exactly, she was meant to be looking for as she rubbed her hands together to try to generate some warmth.  Her fingers felt cold and stiff, and they would have to be nimble for this to work.  After all, she was out of practice...by some number of years, although, she liked to think she had shown some skill in pick-pocketing once upon a time...  Perhaps she would have done better if her teacher hadn't always gotten so distracted...

Thinking of Dekka made her smile a moment, although her smile was quick to fade as she turned her attention to the matter at hand.  Silently, she stepped out into the crowd and began stalking her victim...

---

"Let me go!" Kathryn snapped at the guard.  He seemed amused by her fury, more than anything, and he tightened his grip on her wrist.

"Perhaps you should have thought of your objections to prison before trying to steal from Master Chantier," he chuckled as he dragged her along.

"I wasn't!" Kathryn protested.  That much was true; her eye had actually been on the purse of the gentleman ahead of Chantier.  Somehow, by poor fortune, Chantier had turned just in time to see her reaching a hand out, and...

The guard stopped suddenly -- so suddenly that Kathryn would have walked into him had he not used her own momentum to throw her, hard, against a brick wall.  Kathryn felt the impact against her shoulder, and it made her cringe slightly as she huddled against the unforgiving building.  "Look, we understand.  Don't we, boys?" the guard asked, although he didn't even glance at his colleagues, who were nodding.  "You're cold.  You're hungry.  Times are hard, what with the war and all.  We can give you a break, just this once."

There was just enough sympathy in his voice to make Kathryn wonder, for a second, if he truly meant to let her go...but then the other shoe dropped.

"For a price."

Kathryn's lower lip trembled slightly, and she shrank against the building all the more.  "No."

"Then you'll go to prison.  Look, you're a pretty girl."  He reached a grubby hand out to catch her chin, and he turned her head this way and that to eyeball her.  "You and I could have a little arrangement."

A tear worked its way from her eye.  It began to move slowly down her face, leaving a wet trail in its wake...and, suddenly, her knee shot out and landed in his groin.  She didn't waste any time in pushing him aside and fleeing -- or trying to flee, anyway.  The man reached out, lightning-quick, with more speed than a man his size should have, to grab her ankle, and Kathryn went down hard a few feet away.

"You're going to pay for that," he growled, only to have Kathryn's foot make contact with his face.  Blood burst from his nose, but it wasn't enough to make him let her go.  "Boys, grab onto her.  She's a fighter, this one.  You know how I like fighters..."  (It came out sounding a little funny, thanks to repeated blows to the man's face with Kathryn's shoe.  Angsar, what kind of a monster was this man?)

One of the men hauled her to her feet by her hair, and he pushed her, face-first, against the brick of the building.  She slammed the back of her head into his nose for his trouble and turned, plucking the dagger from the man's belt as she did so.  She held it out in front of her defensively as she glared at the trio of men, two, now, with broken noses.

"Girly," the head guard said with a laugh.  "What do you think you're going to do with that little pig-sticker, eh?"  He reached for her, and she slashed him quickly across his outstretched hand.  He withdrew slightly, then laughed out loud again.  "Oh, I like you.  I really like you.  You and I are going to have fun tonight.  And tomorrow night.  And every night until I get bored with you."

Both of his lackeys moved, suddenly.  With only one knife, she couldn't fend both off, and she was soon, once again, on the ground.  This time, however, the big man was standing over her with a triumphant look in his eye as her only weapon was wrestled away from her by one of the other men.

visualspice

The men were so focused upon the girl they hadn't noticed the cloaked figure moving behind them. The movement was as natural as the dance of shadows, so when he stood behind one of the men and gave a tap to his shoulder, it surprised all of them when a second later, the man went crashing to the ground, with the symbol of the King of Thieves burned onto his forehead, smoke hissing from the charred flesh.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

With all that was happening, Kathryn didn't recognize the cloaked figure who had rescued her -- nor did she particularly care who he was; he had distracted the guards, and that was something she could use.  She felt the grip of the guard to her right slacken; she pulled her arm free from him and turned, throwing her whole weight into the guard on the left.  Both she and the guard fell heavily down onto the ground -- and, somehow, she had managed to get the knife back again in the scuffle.  She brought it down into the man's throat without hesitation as the remaining guard, ignorant of the murder playing out behind him, moved to attack the cloaked man.

(OOC: Do something awesome!  Go!)

visualspice

A swift punch swung over his head, another even lower, but his burning hand caught it, and the man howled in pain as his fleshed bubbled and popped and charred beneath the magics. But as the man attempted to pull away, Dekka continued to push forward, the magics nearly consuming him before he dropped his grip, dropped his magic, and then proceeded to kick the howling guard in the gut as he writhed on the cobblestone ground. Though Dekka's aim wasn't to kill him, he just as well should have, for all of the burns the man would have sustained from the powerful fury of the King of Thieves. Then to the simply clad girl wirh the bleeding knife, he turned, and where his face had once been menacing, now he offered her a deep bow.

"One neck saved for another."
The debt, at least for now, was paid, and as he rose up from the bow, green eyes flashed and met to hers.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Kathryn had rose up, blood leaking from the man's wound and pooling on the ground beneath him.  She watched the man go down, smoke curling up from his still-burning flesh...and a slow smile stretched across her lips as it dawned on her just who had saved her.  Even before he straightened, the knife was abandoned and her arms were locked around his neck in a hug.

"Dekka!  How did you ever find me?"

It had been so long since that day...

visualspice

When the woman swept her arms around him, he pulled her in close, silencing her question with a passionate kiss as he lifted the woman clean off the ground. Then upon settle her back down, he flashed her a knowing grin.
"How do I always find you?"
Apparently, she had a scent he went in a frenzy for, and he always rushed after it like a hound.

Ivory

Kathryn's eyes sparkled at the challenge, and she lifted a hand to caress his face...though she frowned slightly as her hand found an unfamiliar scar there.  Her eyes met his, questioningly, at first, though a slow anger had been kindled within them.

Vesrik.

Instead of pursuing that train of thought, she leaned in to kiss him deeply again, celebrating, for just a moment, his nearness...and the fact that neither of them were dead.  She pulled away from him slightly when the man Dekka had knocked out groaned softly.

"Is there somewhere else we can go?"

visualspice

"Of course," he said, speaking low, his body still close to hers. "We can go wherever you want." And a hand found her hair, combing through it before his lips sealed to hers briefly again. "Just say the word and I'd take you to the clouds." Speaking of clouds.. his hands felt over her body as her kissed at her cheek, then ear. "Say.. you don't happen to have my..."
She'd know what he was asking about. He felt naked without it. His hookshot was a god send. As were his magics, but his hook shot he felt nearly useless without.

Ivory

"You don't think that would have looked a little out of place in a Cathedral?" she wondered, her expression one of absolute amusement at the thought.  Besides, what on earth would her guards have said?  "I'll get it back to you.  I'll have Molly..."

Her voice trailed off, and her expression slipped.  Molly.  Dear, sweet Molly, who had always been more than willing to leap in to trouble for Kathryn...  Molly, whose scream had been the thing to alert the guards to the assassins...  What would she ever do without her?

Kathryn's lips trembled and her arms tightened, momentarily, around Dekka.  But this was not the place to have a breakdown.  They had to go -- before the guards called for help.

"Let's just go.  Anywhere."

visualspice

Dekka gave a rub to his goatee.
"Fuck." But then he shrugged. "Can't blame a guy for asking." But then hearing her voice about Molly, he frowned. "Those men are fucking bastards. Anyone of their friends come to mess with you again I'll fucking punch their faces in." And he felt so mad about it, he thoroughly believed he could. Muscled tensed, but then relaxed after he found her clinging to him tighter. Sighing, he drew his arms around her more tightly as well and buried his face into her shoulder.

"We could get away," he murmured against her ear. "I do have a horse." And the last spot was spoken playfully, after all, the horse he still had in his possession was the same white stallion (which he found out later was a mare) that road him off from freedom when he would have other wise been a dead man.

Ivory

Kathryn's smile was soft but beautiful as he swore to protect her.  It was amazing how simply he made her feel better...and it was something she wasn't used to feeling so easily...

"I like the sound of that," she answered honestly.  And, truly, she didn't care where they went...as long as it wasn't here.

Once upon his horse -- a very familiar-seeming white horse -- she snuggled into his arms.  "I'm glad you're safe, Dekka...  You should see how high your bounty's gone after that escape..."

visualspice

Dekka laughed.
"Maybe we should go back to Reajh to check it out?"

Ivory

"Only if we take our time," she answered with a playful grin.  "Maybe, if we get a little lost on the way..."  Well, that wouldn't be such a bad thing, would it...?  "Are you still building shacks out in the middle of the forest should young, impressionable girls to find?"  She looked up at him then, with a smirk.  "And should I be jealous?"

visualspice

Dekka flashed her a grin.
"I have many places I call home. One even near here, but it's nothing as classy or cozy as our little cabins in the woods. Come on, it's to the North of here," and he gave a quick kick to the horses side and took off down the road.
"And I don't think you have to be worried about girls coming to visit."
It was always the other way around anyway.

There was a stable at the end of the block, and he tethered his horse there and helped Kathryn dismount, and guiding her along the narrow back streets, a particular corner seemed lively and full of many sultry and scandalously clad women. And just as they passed by it, he gestured at the door.

"Welcome home."

Ivory

"Home?" she said, her confusion plain as she half-turned to look at him.  "This?"

One of the streetwalkers passed, giving her a once-over as though she were competition.  At once, Kathryn's expression sharpened, making the woman stop dead and swagger over to put an arm around Dekka's shoulders.

"You know, love, if you're looking for a good time, I've been to Yoreiq...  I know all the secrets to Yoreiqi love-making...like the squid."

Kathryn's eyebrows rose slightly, and she stepped forward from Dekka's arm.  "Scram, you disease-ridden, classless whore before I give you a very pretty scar to show off to your next customer."

visualspice

"Woah, woah, easy there, er- Kat," he said, pulling Kathryn in with her arm. He almost let her real name slip. Couldn't be having the whores know that much. ANd to the exotic looking whore, he gave her an apologetic grin and shrug.
"Sorry, Kitty, this one's got claws. Is Maudy in?"

Kitty gave the two a narrowed look.
"No, she went to Breakpoint. She's been staying out there a lot." And she gave a fluff to her hair. "SHe got some lover or something."

"Aww, pity. But I'll be up in my usual room. Unless it's taken?"

Kitty turned away to light up a cigarette, taking her time and blowing the smoke in their direction.
"No, I don't think so. But if you get lonely, you know where to find me."

Dekka grinned at her and gave a nod, but didn't let Kathryn remain there for much longer. He had a feeling she'd try to claw that woman's apart if given the chance, and the second the door opened, they were both taken into a completely different world.

It was warm, with the fresh smell of in-scents burning and men and women having sex against hte wall, on the couches, even their cries of pleasure were coming off a pair bucking on the staircase.

"Welcome to Paradise," Dekka said with a grin. "Or so it's called." And he wasn't joking. That was the name of the join. Paradise. And there was so much sex going on, you couldn't turn any direction without it staring you in the face.

Dekka noticed her gaping and took her by the hand.
"It's probably best if you don't stare. We've got a room upstairs anyway." And he snagged a key from the wall poster before guiding her up the stairs.
"Don't mind the sounds and smells, you'll get used to it." It was a sex house, anyway. It was what it was. And no one was going to hunt down a man here. Or so he thought. And normally Maudy, or one of the other Madames running the joint, saw to that. Dekka gave them a lot of business, after all....

Ivory

"You have a usual room?"  Kathryn couldn't help but stare.  She knew that, given her station, she was a rather adventurous sort, but she had never seen things like this before!  Her eyes were as big as saucers as he led her towards their destination -- it was enough that it had even halted her tongue for the time being!

"This explains so much," she murmured softly, as though a lightswitch had been turned on in her mind.  "So very much."  Turning from the couple on the stairs to Dekka, she gave him an appraising look.  The stamina, for one thing...  Not to mention some of the more colorful things he'd shown her...

visualspice

Dekka chuckled her guided her through the sin-laced floors. A few nearly naked women giving them a once over,a nd one of Dekka's favorites tossing him a wink. "Save some of that for me, later." And before he could stop her, the whore stole a kiss to his cheek.

Ivory

Kathryn's eyes narrowed in the whore's direction, her competitive instincts momentarily taking over as she imagined tossing that whore right down the stairs!  But circumstances had changed in the last minute; she had only been as rude to the whore outside as she had, because had not imagined the sort of place they were in.  She had assumed the whore was trying to squeeze out the competition -- but that would be impossible in a place like this.  Instead, she crossed her arms under her breasts and turned her glare on a poor, innocent wall, whose only crime was to be built where it stood.

"The room?" she prompted impatiently.

visualspice

Dekka flashed her a grin. What could he say? He had a reputation, and she knew it. But only one woman captured his heart.

"Right, the room," he told her, not sparing a glance back to the whore as he ushered the Grand Duchess away. To think, he'd find himself bringing her here of all places. And in such a condition.... it only made the idea more scandalous. Then again, he seemed to thrive on these sorts of things.

He opened the door and stepped into the room, inspecting it in it's modesty before closing the door behind them.
"Told you this place was safe. Only thing you'll find here is horny men and women after their coin. But being with me... you won't have to worry about the men." The women... on the other hand...
He just hoped they wouldn't use the spare key to invade on them. While some nights that was kinky, he'd rather not upset the Grand Duchess more than she was. And he knew no dangers could befall them here.