Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Journey of Stars

Started by visualspice, March 18, 2014, 04:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

His blue eyes wavered as he studied her form, but his gaze remained serious and his eyes expressing his determination.
"If I have to, but that is left to the will of the Gods." And he paused to study her. "Unless you can help me. I'm not here to make wars or fight, but to save the one person I failed to protect so long ago."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

She still thought he was terribly naive...

"I can hardly help you take something that belongs to the King, now can I?" she inquired with a peculiar sparkle in her eye.  "But, I suppose, I could help you reach the King, if you truly wish to die.  Who am I to stand in your way?"

visualspice

Ashai's eyes brightened at the suggestion.
"Then you can take me to him? So that I might have an audience?"
Though in the moment, the idea excited him- it hadn't quite fully sunk in just what that entailed.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"I can take you to him.  But it is up to him whether he grants you an audience, sorcerer."  She somehow made that word seem like a dirty one!  "He will know of our approach long before we reach him, so if he would rather see you dead than entertain you...  I will have to do as he wishes."

Orders and all that!

But, for now...  Em's eyes moved over his form again, her expression thoughtful.  "For now, we should find you something to wear.  Nights here are cold and the winds can be dangerous."

visualspice

Ashai blushed as his gaze dropped to his nude form, then sheepishly, he looked over at the catty demon.
"Yes.. clothing would be most helpful." And he stared at her with some reserve. "So you can help me? If even to find some sort of wrap to wear?"

Ivory

"I'll do my best."  Although, she neglected to say what that entailed as she suddenly spun on her heel and began to make her way up the steep edge of a sand dune, leaving him to follow, should he make up his mind to do so.

"But you are a sorcerer, aren't you?  I don't understand why you can't simply materialize clothes from thin air..."

visualspice

This land was strange to him, and as the cat-woman bounded off, he blinked and found himself stumbling as he followed. This land, where the sands had turned to glass, was difficult to traverse, and he was thankful the Moraki Desert was so close that it's sands spilled over the surface and offered some real sand dunes mixed with the glass ones.

Scrambling to follow after, he found himself pausing at the foot of the dune- hesitating to follow. But at her inquiry on his magic, he peered up at her curiously.
"What makes you think I'm a sorcerer?"

Ivory

Em paused to look down at him, eyes reflecting what little light the sky had to offer at this time of day.

"You are not human.  You are not a demon.  Your blood...burns."  Because she had no other way of describing what it had been to feel that toxic substance on her tongue.  "Besides, you didn't travel here in the usual way.  You appeared.  Naked."  Her head tilts to the side a bit.  "It seems inconvenient."

visualspice

Ashai looked down at himself at such a comment, then peered back up at Em.
"Perhaps it is because I am chosen by the Gods," he murmured softly, not entirely knowledgeable over his 'power'.

Ivory

"Same difference."  Her tail flicked impatiently behind her.  "Now, come on, sorcerer, unless you wish to freeze to death."

But by the time Ashai would reach the top of the dune, the demon would have vanished...until, that is, he looked down.

Reaching down into the dune was a narrow black hole.  A wooden hatch opened downwards and was complemented by a rope ladder.  There would be a small flicker of light below, making it apparent that the wood gave way to a stone cavern underneath the dunes.

"Close the door when you come down!" she called, voice sounding hollow as it bounced off the stone.

visualspice

Ashai went wide eyed at the realization something could exist beneath the glass-topped surface of the Seraj Isa, but clamped his gaping lips shut after he had made it to the top and peered within. He held his breath a moment, her echoing voice long faded before he drew in strength and held another breath- and decided to trust the demon as he followed her into this stone world below.

Ivory

"It stays relatively warm down here," Em told him as she rummaged around in a dilapidated crate.  It looked as though it had been abandoned some time ago and left to rot in the small cavern.  While the entrance looks as though it had been forged by human hands, the back looks naturally-formed.  A few other crates lie scattered in the cave, but they seem to promise little.

"Ah, I thought I saw this here..."  The demon pulled out a dusty-looking cloth.  She gives it a shake and promptly sneezes.  "Well, it's hardly fitting of a royal audience, but I suppose it will have to do."

visualspice

It was as she said- warm, much warmer than the night time air of the Seraj Isa, and for this, he was very thankful of. But even still, he remained anxious and tense beside the exit and watched as the cat woman scrounged around. Though in this poorly lit accommodation, he couldn't help but notice...
this strange being looked awfully familiar. But then a cloud of dust came his way and a sneezing fit erased any thoughts of that.

"I.. ACHOO!" He shook his head, and rubbed away the tickling sensation at his nose before he sighed and continued- but sneezed again. "I am only grateful that you could help. I would not reject such an offer and can only hope that your King is as kind as you."

Ivory

"It isn't kindness," Em answered, her expression filled with amusement.  "Demons aren't kind.  It isn't in our nature."  She looked him up and down, as though sizing him up again.  "So you may as well stop thinking that way.  The King is going to kill you."  Her feline-like eyes met his, unblinking.  "And if he can't kill you, he will find a use for you.  That's the way things are done here."

visualspice

Ashai stared up at her, a bit sheepish for what he had said.
"I apologize. It seems I have mistaken your help for something else."
Though it was strange, to think- here he was, being helped by a demon. And he took the clothing offered to him now and slipped it on.
"Is there anything I should know before I go? This world, it seems to strange. Did the demons make all of this glass?"

Ivory

The cat-demon shrugged ever-so-slightly.  "I have no idea.  It's never been any different."  At least, not for her...  She had never known anything else, though, so she supposed it had never crossed her mind to ask anyone...  But, then, who was to say anyone else would know or would have cared.

"Hmm," she murmured in response to his inquiry.  "I suppose I should tell you that I can't guarantee your safety.  A powerful sorcerer you may be, but many of the demons here have lost their minds.  Their instinct is to kill, and so kill they will.  They do not hunt me, because I smell uninteresting to them...but your scent will draw them out, and we will both be in danger."

There was a flash of a fang as she grinned at him.  "You can fight, can't you?"

visualspice

The idea of battling demons made him suck in a breath. Oh, how terrifying the idea was- but what did he expect? ANd as he watched the catty girl grin at him, he shook his head.
"I was never a warrior in my past life," he admitted. "But a priest, a scribe- a man who's will belonged to the Gods."

And then as he thought over her questions from earlier, his face wrinkled in thought, brows raised.
"Are you afraid of the demons too? I thought you were one of them."
It was odd she'd mention they did not bother her. Perhaps he was something else entirely...
Though those red eyes...
they made him shiver.

Ivory

"Tell me your gods left you with some magic, at least," Em answered with raised eyebrows.  That meant she'd have to protect him as well as herself -- fantastic.

"I am," she replied to his inquiry, although her eyes narrowed slightly in response.  "But, unlike the demons who roam Seraj Isa, I haven't lost my mind to the hunger."  Her tail gave a slight twitch.  "If I had, I would be a shadow -- and you would have been dead before you ended your prayers."

She flexed a hand as she studied her nails in an almost disinterested sort of way.  "But that's just so uncivilized.  Don't you think?"

visualspice

Ashai tilted his head curiously at what she said.
"What?" he blinked. "Then what sort of demon are you?"

Ivory

Em's sigh sounded slightly exaggerated, as though she were explaining to an overly-curious child why the sky was blue.

"It isn't so much a kind as it is a level.  Lesser demons have given themselves over wholly to their hunger.  They're like a plague of locusts -- mindless, eating machines.  Even as your magic killed them, they would tear you apart.  And then, there are demons like me.  I have the ability to think, to plan, to select only the choicest pieces of a human and leave the scraps for the others."

The thought elicited a purr as she stepped nearer to him.  "Understand?"

Tags: