Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Journey of Stars

Started by visualspice, March 18, 2014, 04:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Ashai took one look to the ruins shining on the hill, then turned back to her.
"Are you sure you'll be alright?" For as much as he was no fighter, he was also not a man to abandon a lady- demon or not.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Em laughed out loud at his concern.  "I don't have a heart.  I'll be fine."  The fanged grin she gave him would have looked a bit terrifying if it hadn't been accompanied by her laugh.

"Now, go on, before I change my mind and decide to stop helping you!"

visualspice

Ashai gave her a worried look.
"But I.." But seeing how the demons were approaching from the dark, his heart leaped into his throat as he spun on his heel and began to scramble his way towards the ruin. By the time he reached the top, his legs were aching, as was his throat, as he let himself drop onto the sacred ground, and only then, did he chance a glance down the hillside, curious how the cat-woman was fairing now.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Once Ashai took off -- finally -- Em turned her attention to guarding his retreat...but he didn't have far to go.  Something reached for him and swiftly found itself without an arm for its trouble -- but once Ashai had crossed the barrier, there was no longer a need for her to fight.

She finished off the demon she had been pre-occupied with, then turned towards the ruins, giving it a searching look.  Even she could neither see nor smell him there...although, unlike the stupid demons around her, she did not have to rely entirely upon her senses; she knew he was there, somewhere.

One of the demons bumped into her, and she turned on him with a hiss.  Now that the smell of blood was fading, it shrank away from her submissively, continuing to search for the prey that had apparently eluded it.

A few of the demons moved against the barrier -- and it reacted with a crack like thunder as the unfortunate demons seemed to simply disintegrate from their blunder.

visualspice

Ashai flinched at the sight. To watch such creatures just flare up into nothing turned his blood ice cold. But then to Em he called out, "Come on! This place offers protection!" And foolishly, he reached a hand out towards her in attempts to help her join him in the ruins.

Ivory

The sound of his voice reached her -- although, even that, seemed fainter than it should.  She half-turned towards the sound with her head cocked and her tail swishing behind her.  "Sorcerer," she said with a laugh, "Are you forgetting what I am?  If I cross that barrier, it will mean my death.  And then who will guide you?"

visualspice

Ashai paused in mid-grab.
"Die?" His hand flinched back. "This place... what... where have you lead me?" And he stared at her with wide eyed wonder. If this place could harm her... why would she do this? Why help him? If anything, should she not treat him like those black, shadowy demons did? It was all so confusing, and the look on his face showed it!

Ivory

"Don't worry, sorcerer.  It's safe enough for you -- or, else, you would not have been able to cross its barrier."  Her point was emphasized as another demon threw itself against the invisible wall and vanished with a crack.

"Walk towards the setting sun.  There is a crumbling wall there that will offer you some protection tonight.  When the sun rises, keep walking west -- and I will be waiting for you there."

Her ears settled back slightly, as she added in a warning tone, "And one more thing.  If you lose my dagger, you'll pay for it."

(OOC: Okay!  So we can fast-forward to morning, I think!  However, if Ashai looks at the dagger, he'll see it has the crest of his princess on it...so that will be something for him to ruminate on overnight and confront Em with in the morning!)

visualspice

Ashai gave a nod. "I promise" And he peered down at the dagger only after she had left, and noticed the familiar crest of his princess. His heart leaped into his throat as his blue eyes shot after her. "W-wait!" he called after her, but it was too late. She was already gone, lost into the shadows.

Ashai found himself shaking with nerves. What was he to make of this? Why did that cat woman have a royal dagger? And should he trust her? She had saved his life so far.... but at what cost to her? It was strange to him, but after pacing about, he moved swiftly in the night knowing he had until sun rise to meet her... where ever it was she had directed him to go.

And so with the sun to his back, he found himself walking, and walking still, chancing but one glance behind him before continuing onward for hours upon hours, just hoping he was heading the right way west. And praying that this wasn't some sort of a trap.

Ivory

To be a demon of this place did not mean that she was immune to the dangers of this place -- though it did mean she was familiar with them and how to avoid them.  And so it was that, come morning, Em was not only still alive but well.  The sun had climbed well into the sky before Ashai would spot her.  It was about mid-afternoon -- warm, but not unbearable yet -- and the cat woman was lounging, eyes closed and breathing softly, upon a rock taking a bit of a nap before the day was to begin.  Hearing the footfalls, however, her ears swiveled slightly at the sound, and she gave a massive, fang-toothed yawn.

"See, that wasn't so bad, was it?"

visualspice

The second he saw her he dropped the sheathed blade into the sands beside her.
"What are you doing with the princess's blade?" he demanded, finding strange courage and anger coming out from his words.

Ivory

Both eyes opened, giving him a slow blink before she looked from him down to the dropped blade.  "Princess's blade?  Your princess's blade?" she echoed, then sat up with a stretch that spoke of great flexibility..and a glint of claw as she pressed her hands against the rock and twisted her back.  Once she felt the sleep had left her system, she slid down the rockface to land on the sand before him with the dagger placed between them.

"Your princess has good taste in weapons, sorcerer, but these are not her's.  They are mine and have always been mine."

visualspice

"You are mistaken. They bear her crest. Did you steal them from her? Or from another?"

Ivory

"As I said, they are mine.  They have always been mine.  I have never not had them."  With a final blink, she bent down to retrieve the dagger.  "You must be mistaken."  There could be no other explanation!

visualspice

"Then you must remember who you stole them from!" Ashai insisted. "These marks.. they are from my kingdom, the royal insignia. There is no way it could be anything else."

Ivory

Em's eyes narrowed slightly as the sorcerer prattled on.  He was rather like a hound; once he had his princess's scent, he could not turn his attention elsewhere...even if it should drive him mad.

"If I had stole them, I would say so," she answered plainly, unashamed of the fact.  "I would not lie to you."

Her eyes fell to the dagger, and she brushed her thumb over the insignia he had mentioned.  Staring down at it brought an unfamiliar feeling: a heavy sadness but somehow muted, like an echo in her empty chest.  But, who could say why she felt such things?  But, she could say one thing for certain, "These are mine.  They were with me on the day I awoke in the King's Palace, and they have been with me ever since."

visualspice

It was then Ashai realized what had happened, and his face fell into a frown.
"I see..."
Clearly the King had taken his princess's weapons and given them to someone else. He sighed.
"I...  I just presumed." And he flushed a bit. "I am sorry."

Ivory

(OOC: SPICE!  *shakes fist*)

"It does not bode particularly well for your princess any longer, does it?" the demon inquired with a smug grin as she tucked the weapon away and turned back towards their course.  "If she's still alive and you convince the King to free her, remember that these are mine."

And, moving away from him, she added, unknowingly quoting the motto of the shattered royal family, "My sword is music, and without it, I cannot dance."

visualspice

Ashai had just about settled into his presumptions when she said that. And his hand suddenly gripped onto her wrist.
"What did you say?" he asked, his face full of confusion and surprise.

Ivory

Em looked down to his hand, then up to his face with an expression of disdain.  "What do you mean, what did I say?  I hardly have a scribe following me around to record everything I say, do I?"

What, indeed, had she said?  She'd been talking about the weapons...

...And the fact they were her's -- not the property of a dead princess...