Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Home sweet Home!

Started by Anonymous, January 06, 2005, 09:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Home sweet home"

He sighed, his golden yellow eyes dancing happily. He smiled fondly at the village houses, carelessly running a paw over the grey stones as he walked further into the centre of town.
Eli leant against a tree, in disbelief that he was actually back. He ran a paw through his long, shaggy black hair which came down over his eyes and over his cat ears.
His gaze lowered to his legs, which were covered thickly in mud and dust. He grinned and dropped down, removing his battered patched bag as his tail flicked side to side gently.  He rested his back against the tree and closed his eyes, listening to the bird song.
Eli was 17, and stood 5ft 10", slim but muscular, covered head to toe in short black fur. Silver stripes glittered along his arms, legs, tail, back and face: you couldn't look anywhere without there being a silver stripe. His eyes were golden yellow, powerful and confident, with a hint of mischeif.
He wore a stone around his neck, the same colour as his eyes, which he played with absenmindedly as he sat against the tree. His ragged black shorts were cut at the knee, and his white top hung loosely, with only one shoulder left.

Eli stood, his ears twitching slightly as he picked up his bag and leapt into the branches of the tree. He settled himself amongst the branches, one foot dangling over the side of a branch.
He watched the village below, slowly taking in his home.  

Anonymous

The trio of dog demon spirits played around, rough housing. They shoved one another, biting and growls. They barked and clawed at one another playfully. Jyouchi pushed Tiaso out of the way. Jyouchi was a black haired woman with brown tinted hair and golden brown eyes. Tiaso bore brown hair and eyes as he was shoved back, stumbling and bumping into Riokotsu, a red haired man with brillant pale blue eyes.

Jyouchi broke off to let the two men playfight, slinking off at the powerful and beckoning smell of feline. Maybe it was just a cat, you know, a regular one. But curiousity brought her lurking closer to the source. She peered up through the branches with her golden brown eyes, blinking as they widened. It wasn't a regular cat! It was similar to their own kind, only female. But it wasn't similar, exactly. She gaped at the female, more or less in shock of such a being. She glanced to her two companions, hoping they didn't smell the cat. They were not fond of felines.

They all appeared as regular humans, although their ears slightly pointier [if you looked very close], their teeth slightly sharper, and their nails more claw-like. But that was only if you really examined them. But with the strength of an emotion came the appearance. Their ears sometimes turned into dog ears atop their head, amist the mass of hair. There teeth became small fangs and their nails grew, but could extend further if wished. That was the major difference between them and dogs - they could extend their nails and use them as claws wereas a dog couldn't do that.

Jyouchi sniffed, trying to get a better feel for the cat. She then glanced to the two roughhousing dogs.

Riokotsu and Tiaso jostled one another, the faint smell of cat barely catching their attention. They were more interested in roughhousing, declaring the feline smell nothing more than a wandering stray.

Anonymous

(OCC: she's a he btw!)

Eli's nose twitched, the scent of canine in the breeze. His ears swivelled independantly, listening intently.
Suddenly his yellow eyes locked on Jyouchi, unblinking.
Eli was warey. He slowly swung down from the tree branches, landing gently on four feet before straightening up onto two. He swund his bag over his shoulder, still watching Jyouchi.
The catboy raised a paw in a slight wave, taking a few steps closer to her.

"...Hi there"

Anonymous

[oops, sorry, so used to typing she - playing mostly girls does that]

Riokotsu held Tiaso at bay, pale blue eyes wandering to the corners to glance at this.. catboy? Whatever it was, it was cat. A feline. Not something he was that fond of. He raised an eyebrow at Jyouchi, her curiousity of this being making him recoil the slightest. He, himself, was intrigued and turned his pale blue eyes to gauge at Tiaso's reaction. The other male seemed to have the most dislike for felines then himself. His own disdain was held for wolves.

Tiaso's brown gaze fell upon the catboy. He took a step back, wary of the cat. He looked at Riokotsu and then to Jyouchi. He refrained and took a few steps behind Riokotsu, peeking over the older of the duo. His ears twitched, listening to the conversation that was surely ready to go on.

Jyouchi had not grown up with the legends and grudges that the two other dog demon spirits bore. She looked at the catboy with an oddly growing curiousity, although ready to defend her companions. She would be there for them when the time arrived but at the moment, her curiousity needed to be sated.

"Uh. Hello.. What are you?" She replied, nose quivering.

Anonymous

"Kinda hard to explain...slightly like a human, but more cat...i think."

Eli shrugged, not really knowing his genetic background. He proceeded closer to Jyouchi, feeling slightly more relaxed, but still wary of Tiaso and Riokotsu.
He smiled

"I apologise, i forgot to introduce myself. My name is Eli, what's yours, and what might you be?"

Anonymous

Jyouchi nodded her head, thoughtfully more or less. She shifted, pressing her clawed fingers together, letting her fingers crack with the pressure as her eyes continued to follow his every movement. She tensed slightly, wary but more relaxed as he introduced himself.

"I'm Jyouchi. The brown-haired behind the red-haired is Tiaso and the red-haired is Riokotsu," she responded.

She paused, thinking about what they acutally were. You could call them so many names, demon, spirit, ghost, monster.. Beast. Whatever.

"Dog demon. Or dog spirit. Or Dog demon spirit, or Dog spirit demon," she replied, scratching her head lightly.

So, Catboy.. or Eli, was part human and cat? Although more cat? That was very interesting to the trio, but were still wary of a cat. No matter shape or DNA.. 'cat' was all that made them wary. Why? They had heard strange and unusual stories of cat demons being tricky and very grudge-bearing. And many acted surperior and... they could scratch your eyes out!!

Riokotsu was growing impatient with Tiaso clinging to the back of his shirt. He frowned and stepped aside, although trying to pry Tiaso from his back. The stupid dog! He growled as he jabbed his friend, trying to get him loose.

Tiaso snarled and snapped back at the crazy redhead, pushing Riokotsu back around as he held him by the shoulders. Okay, maybe he was a little wimpy using Riokotsu as a shield but he wasn't taking any chances. Alright, paranoia..

Anonymous

"A Dog Demon? I've met many a demon on my travels but never a Dog Demon"

He smiled. Eli glanced at Riokotsu and Tiaso, frowning slightly.

"Errr...are they friendly?"

He asks Jyouchi quietly.

Anonymous

Jyouchi glanced at her companions and was surprised at how edgy they were. Maybe she should calm them down considering they weren't known for thinking before acting. Either was she but she wasn't the one so edgy! She rolled her eyes at the dogs and snapped at them.

"Down boys, down," she growled at them.

Tiaso slowly calmed down, shifting and letting go of Riokotsu and eyeing Eli oddly. He shifted and moved towards Jyouchi only enough where he was an equal distance from Jyouchi and Riokotsu. For some reason it made him feel safer being between those two people.

Riokotsu narrowed his eyes at Jyouchi, not really wanting to listen to someone who was younger and naive. He snorted and turned his back on them, arms folding stubbornly across his chest. Feh! Why should he listen to them? And why should he try and be nice to a ... cat?!

"They're generally friendly... x.o They've heard stories about cats and it doesn't matter shape or form I guess," she responded, giving a lopsided nad helpless smile.

Anonymous

"I won't bite!" He laughed, showing his small cat like fangs.
"Us cat's aren't THAT bad" He added, hoping to get on the right side of Tiaso and Riokotsu.
"We don't exactly go out looking for trouble...we're just unlucky i guess" He shrugged scratching his head.
"So have you been in Serendipity long?"

Anonymous

Tiaso dropped down into a crouch as he waddled towards Eli that way, sniffing around his feet and then standing, sniffing at Eli's face and head. He randomly licked Eli across the face, eye twitching. He snorted as he took a step back, tilting his head as he scratched it with the small claws on his finger.

"Odd taste," he said as he spat on the ground.

He scrunched up his nose and an alarmed look came across his face as he sneezed. He 'achooed' about five more times. He rubbed his nose and looked at Eli.

"I think I'm allergic to cats," he commented.

Jyouchi giggled at this revelation, smiling as her own, human-like fangs glinted. They weren't totally human, slightly sharper if you inspected them. She continued to smile and raised her right shoulder in a one armed shrug.

"Oh, not long. Maybe a few hours. Yourself?" She responded, rubbing her nose.

Riokotsu plopped onto the ground, sitting indian style as he watched the streets with his blue eyes. He snorted as he crossed his arms over his chest. His companions were very.. stupid. It seemed he was the only one who had something against any species now. Although Tiaso was still wary, not as much.

Jyouchi tried to balance Tiaso and Riokotsu out, being, although playful and naieve, a connection to other species. Tiaso was the goofball, wary but never underestimate him. He was playful as well, but not naieve. Riokotsu was, well, the one who was the oldest and not as playful. He was usually rather quiet and kept to himself but wasn't easy to trust. He tried to be the weight that told them to protect themselves.. Like a big brother but not overly protective. They could take care of themselves. And usually, he was rather laid back.

Anonymous

Eli laughed as Tiaso licked his face, grinning. He raised a paw to his face and proceeded to wipe the remaining slobber from his face.

"I've been here for about 20 minutes! But i used to live here...i've just been travelling for a while", He smiled, "So are you guys planning on staying?"

Eli looked at Riokotsu and realised that he reminded him of someone

"Riokotsu reminds me of Rasitlin" he murmered smiling, making him think of the friends and family he hoped were still here.

Anonymous

"Rasitlin....?" Jyouchi asked quietly.

Riokotsu sat stubbornly with his back turned, although quiet. He yawned, an ear twitching slightly as he shfited. He scratched his head softly, glancing behind him to look up Eli, Jy, and Ti.

Tiaso sighed, finding out there was a furious itch engulfing his head. He flopped down to his rear, pulling off his right shoe and sock and bringing his foot up, scratching at his head wildly. He grunted with effort, scratching away.

"I don't know.. it seems rather nice here so we might stay ^^," Jy replied, looking around.

Jy rocked back on her heels, looking at Ti with a blink. Okay! That was odd considering he looked mostly human at the moment. But hey, Ti wasn't a very normal person. But that was okay, no one she knew really was.

Anonymous

"Raistlin was a dragon, kinda stubborn, bad tempered, but had a good heart...on the rare occasion"
Eli grinned, laughing at Ti.
"You're kind of strange Tiaso, but i like strange...pity you're allergic" Eli sighed, grinning from cat ear to cat ear.
"So if you're staying for a while, do you need someone to show you around?"
He was a sociable guy, never really liking to be on his own much.

Anonymous

"That would be very nice of you!" Jy said rather merrily, her voice rising slightly with her enthusiasm.

She bent down and tapped Ti on the head, rather obnoxiously as she glanced back to Ri. She sighed softly and tugged on Ti's slightly pointed human ears. She giggled and pulled on them more as he continued to struggle to rid his scalp of the annoying itch although he'd soon come to realize Jy was more annoying than the itch.

Ti grunted and grumped, letting her tug on his ears as he vigorously set to work on his head. He blinked as he soon discovered that Jy constantly pulling on his ears was making him, well, annoyed. His ears reddenned from the attention of Jy. He finally stopped and grabbed Jy's wrists and forced her to let go of his ears. He grinned as Rio barely glanced at them.

"He's generally good-natured.." He murmured about their companion, just in some sort of defense.

They had to defend Ri, even if he didn't want it and it wasn't too far from the actual truth. But otherwise there was nothing they could really say in their companions defense.

Anonymous

Eli laughed at the two demons, shaking his head.

"Where would you like to start? And anywhere you'd particularirly like to-" He stopped short suddenly, straightening up, his ears alert. He stood still for a few moments, before the yellow stone around his neck started glowing, as did his eyes.

"There's a storm coming. Come with me"

He smiled, grabbing his satchel. He started making his way towards the centre of the village, stopping to see whether they were following just as a bolt of lightning streaked across the sky, followed by a large roll of thunder.

"Theres a place nearby that can shelter us!"

He called, grinning at the lightning. His favourite element.

Anonymous

Jy became tense when she took note of how his demeanor quickly changed. The worst struck her mind, perhaps some enemy to terrorize all around. But no - it was simply a storm's advance that had cat Eli's attention. She smiled softly, the thought of dancing in the rain making a pleasant shiver glide down her spine. But of course she ignored it and the urge of staying out and watching the beautiful rain and storm progress.

Ri slowly stood, his human nose twitching slightly. He straightened to his full height, lean body rigid. At least the slightest as he glanced. He watched Eli walk by, glancing to Ti and Jy as they straightened themselves out to follow Eli to this shelter he spoke of. Ri watched as his companions walked past him and he fell in line behind them, taking up his role as babysitter [making sure no one strays out of curiousity]. He sighed, wondering about this shelter.

Ti clapped his hands in a show of his joy as he followed after Eli, tugging Jy along softly. He grinned and watched Eli as he glanced to the sky. Oh? So he liked lightning, eh? It was a beautiful thing.. but nothing really to his liking. For some reason he had always been drawn by the mystics of fire.. But that was him. And if lighting struck a tree it could very possibly make a fire. Very neat, he thought.

"Ah, so you like lightning?" Ti commented as he came up beside the catboy.

Jy was glancing back at Ri, wondering how he liked Eli. Ri, at the moment, was a barrier and neither she nor Ti could break into it. She sighed. He was so.. complicated.

Anonymous

"I love lightning, it's kinda my thing"

He grinned, outstretching his paw. Eli's fur stood on end and crackled softly as his paw started to glow, small sparks of electricity forming into a tight ball on his palm as his eyes and stone glowed yellow. In an instant the ball was gone, although his fur still remained on end.

"My fur always does that"

He sighed annoyed, as he led them to a small house just around the corner.
Eli fumbled in his bag for a few minutes before producing a rather dirty looking key. After a few moments jangling the key in the lock and a few rude words the door opened.

"This is my house...excuse the mess...this is my first time back for a few years!"

The catboy grinned as he bent down and picked up a wad of mail and set it down on a small table to the left of the door.
The house was small: on the left there was the lounge, home to a battered sofa, an empty fireplace, 2 windows and a rather damp rug. To the right was the kitchen, which was relatively clean if you ignored the pile of washing in the sink. Straight infront were the stairs, leading up to the second floor.

"Make yourself at home...sorry it isn't much...just enough to get by i guess!"

Anonymous

Tiaso grinned, let loose a barking laugh as the catboy's fur stood on end. He couldn't help but smirk at the sight of him, despite how cool his electricity trick was. The sight of a feline with his fur prickling upwards on him could only coax a laugh and grin. It was amusing no matter which way you chose to see it.

"Awesome trick," he commented.

Jy bounced along, tugging Ti along behind the catboy. She brushed back a short lock of her black, brown tinted hair, brownish gold eyes gazing with amusment. She glanced back behind her, making sure Ri was following them. Good, the stubborn fool was.

Ri followed, a sigh escaping him as his arms crossed over his chest. He touched his tongue to his upper lip, his shoulders slumping as he shifted. As they all piled into the house he looked around, nose twitching as he took in the smell of the house... Interesting was the only word he came up with at that moment.

Jy giggled softly under her breath, stretching with her eyes twinkling brightly as if she was a pup.

"This looks like heaven to us! We've been sleeping outside for a long while," she said, thrusting her face upwards as she sniffed at the air.

"Nice place," Ti commented, looking around with brown eyes.

Anonymous

Eli closed the door behind his guests as rain started to pummel the streets outside.
"However much i like rain, i hate my fur getting wet"
He grinned as he walked into the kitchen.
"Anyone want anything to drink?", he called, "We have water, water ooorrr water!"
He finished, popping his head round the door
"Any takers? Make yourselves at home!"

Anonymous

Jy stretched leisurely, arms pulling up over her head as muscles loosened, sniffing the air at the same time, nose twitching as she glanced around with her vibrant brown-gold eyes. A yawn pressed against her but she held it back out of respect. A smile upturned her lips as she glanced around the small house, a brow lifting upwards as she herd Tiaso snort.

Ti snorted, having a small sneezing spasm. He rubbed his nose, an eye twitching as he laughed. He glanced to Riokotsu and then to Jy. He lifted his shoulders half-heartedly, wondering if they wanted water. Oh well, they wanted it now.

"Yes, water would be nice.. Might as well give Jy and Ri some too," he said with a soft sigh.

Ri shifted stiffly, not truly comfortable inside any home. He was used to sleeping outside, and if he did enter a house it was a spacious hut with nearly nothing inside it besides a sleeping cott or two. Nothing elaborate like a 'real' house.

"Hmm.. Your fur must give you alot of trouble," Jy commented as she whirled to face Eli.