Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Fate Changer

Started by visualspice, March 31, 2014, 09:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"You have to learn," Taj answered, thumbs moving over the tops of her soft hands. "Remember, Persea, Hakeshna works through you. You are Her avatar. It is natural to feel doubt, because we're human, and we're mortal, and that is our natural state--even the Shah. But She is closer to you than anyone else in this world. You just have to close your eyes..."

He passed one hand gently before her eyes. "...breathe in deep, quiet your mind, and listen to what She's trying to tell you."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Persea tried to obey, tried to listen and to everything he told her, but once her eyes were closed as she tried to clear her mind, tears began to stream down her cheeks hotly, as she was audibly trying to fight back sobs.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

"Oh, child," Taj sighed, and made a bold move. He reached for her, arm sliding around her shoulders as he drew her closer to him as she cried. "Come here. It's okay. I know this isn't easy for you, but you're safe here. You don't have to fight it here. You can cry if you need to. There's no shame in it..."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

"But I am Shah!" she cried out, and found herself succumbing to more sobs. "What Shah cries like this? To show such weak spirit and constitution? To show such doubt and uncertainty? Surely our goddess would not be so afraid!" She went, continuing to cling to him a she cried.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

"Of course Hakeshna would not be so afraid," Taj said as he stroked her hair. "What would a goddess have to fear? What would frighten a goddess who created the stars and moon and earth, who knows every living creature better than we know ourselves, who knows how time began and how it will end?"

He pulled back a little so he could peer into her face, his hand cupping her chin and tilting her head up toward his. "You may be Her avatar, but you are still mortal, Persea. And She needs you to be mortal, or She would have come down here Herself. Only man can rule man, and it's by working through a human that She can connect with Her children best. She may be our creator, but people need your very human empathy and compassion."

Gently, he caught a tear with his thumb and brushed it away. "Hakeshna knows it's hard. It's a heavy burden for a woman to bear."

visualspice

Persea looked up into his face, still crying as she grit her teeth.

"But perhaps that is my problem, for I was born a woman, Taj. If I were but a man, this would all be easier. But it seems our Goddess wishes to test me and I-" And here, she stopped herself before she confessed something stupid. Show casing doubt to her very own High Priest might not be a wise choice. For despite being this avatar, she wasn't even sure this Goddess she represented were real! But what she knew was real were the foods laid upon her table, the soft, sweet silks she wore, and the cold hard gaze that slave cast upon her in defiance that sent a chill to her bone.

She lowered her gaze now, shamefully so, and placed both of her hands upon his and gripped them, seeking comfort in a squeeze.

"Is there something that I can do? Or that can be done to ease my mind, Taj? I fear I will no longer be able to sleep again with such feelings plaguing me."

Rhindeer

Taj fell silent a moment in thought, and then gave Persea's hands a reassuring squeeze.

"Only time, patience, and trusting that Hakeshna will lead you on your path will truly heal you," he said, "but I know of a few things you can to in the short term, things that can give you peace and sleep in the meantime. That can chase away the shadows."

He smiled at Persea reassuringly and motioned at a slave, signaling her to bring them a kerchief. When she did, Taj took it, offered it out to Persea, and whispered something else in the slave's ear. She bowed and took her leave, and Taj turned back to Persea.

"First, you must eat. You need your strength. You need to stay healthy during these trying times. This may be Hakeshna's temple, but your body is Her true temple. You must treat it as such. It's easy to neglect it and forget that when your mind is preoccupied. You may not feel hungry right now, but the next remedy I'm going to suggest will help with that, too."

As though on cue, the slave returned, carrying with her an ornate hookah. She set it down before them, and Taj motioned Persea toward it. "Have you smoked before?"

visualspice

Persea's green eyes went wide at such a question. She shook her head and glanced down at the thing.
"No, but I've seen father do this many times." And then she looked up from it at him, a shy, curiosity in her eyes.
"Will this help me?" she asked, innocently.

Rhindeer

"It will," Taj said with a smile. "Your father, and many others before him, have long discovered the hookah's many benefits. It will relax you--but also give you greater clarity. Of course, it may also just put you to sleep, but you mustn't downplay the importance of rest."

Placing the pipe to his lips, he took a small drag. A mixture of cannabis and shisha, it was flavored with mint and tasted quite pleasant. He blew the smoke out in a small stream and held the pipe out to her. "Here. Go ahead and try it. It tastes like mint."

visualspice

Taking the end of the pipe, she peered at it briefly before biting onto the tip and inhaling-
but she took in too much and the chilled smoke made her cough as she pushed the pipe away and covered her lips while she sputtered.

Rhindeer

"Ah! Are you okay?" Taj asked, eyebrows raising as Persea choked. Which wasn't unexpected; if she'd never done it before, she wouldn't know what to expect, or how much she should take.

"Take a little less next time," he said, "and don't breathe in quite so deep. It's a little different at first, but you'll get used to it. Do you want to try again?"

visualspice

Persea blinked back some of her tears from her coughing fit, and once she cleared her throat and caught her breath, and was breathing a bit easier, she gave a nod and looked down at the pipe sheepishly.
"Yes... father always said practice makes perfect."
Thought he second puff still resulted in another cough, but by the fourth one, she was doing much better, and the effects of the smoke were helping her to relax as she took another leisurely drag and exhaled the cool smoke up towards the ceiling.

"This is definitely an interesting practice," she mused, finding she did like the effects of the hookah, but she was still trying to get used to the taste.

Rhindeer

"Interesting? You could say that," Taj said with a smile, watching her. She seemed to be having an easier time of it now, which was good, because if this became a habit, well...

He'd have to see how she'd do with opiates.

She was already young, impressionable, and thus far easy to control, but why take chances?

But he let none of those thoughts show on his face.

"How are you liking it?" he asked instead.

visualspice

"Well, the results are what I desire, but the taste... I suppose I'll have to get used to." And then she peered at Taj curiously. "Unless you know of a way to change the flavors? To something a bit more... sweet?"

Rhindeer

"Oh, that's simple enough," Taj said, shifting a little so he could sit cross-legged. "A mere parlor trick, in fact. What flavor does my lady desire?"

visualspice

"Oh, something like nectar, or even something like a fruit would be wonderful."

Rhindeer

"As you wish, my lady," Taj said, and lightly touched one of the colorful beads on one of the many bracelets circling his wrist. The bead turned from blue to white, and whether Persea noticed the subtle action or not, was up to how observant she was. He motioned toward the hookah.

"Try it now. You should find it tastes of peaches. But if you'd prefer something different, I'd be happy to oblige."

visualspice

Persea's eyes lit up. She was too elated at the idea she could take in peach flavored smoke to notice what he had done as she moved forward to try it, drawing in a deep drag through a smile, before slowly exhaling that.

"That's exquisite." And she tried it a second time, with a subtle moan. "But now it's making me thirsty for something with peaches," she told him with a sheepish smile. "What other flavors might I try?"

Rhindeer

"Any flavor you like," Taj said. "Just name it, and it shall be done. And in the meantime, I'm sure I could have a slave fetch you some peaches."

With a light chuckle, he pat her hand. "Don't be alarmed if you feel unusually hungry during and after smoking. It's one of its many effects, and it's perfectly normal."

visualspice

"Ah," she said, and went on to enjoy another drag. "Yes.." she said, then exhaled. "I think some peaches would be lovely." And she went on to ponder over what flavors she could request. To think- she could ask for anything at all!