Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hot Pink Dissidence [M]

Started by visualspice, April 02, 2014, 08:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Valia awoke to the sounds of sizzling eggs cooking in the kitchen, and though when she rose she noticed a dress prepared for her, she found herself simply staring at the simple wool dress, her mind adrift to the happenings scheduled to transpire today.

She would be reunited with her husband, and no doubt he'd be eager to see her- whether that was a good or bad thing, she was uncertain, but fear laced her belly and tickled her veins coldly as she stood up from the bed and looked into the mirror at her disarray of golden curls. A hand lifted, touching one delicately that hung over her face as she examined a small bit of bruising on her cheek, and then to her throat. Peering down at the rest of her body, angered tears pricked her eyes and threatened to fall, but somehow they remained hanging there, unyielding to the gravity of the situation.

She then heard a distant rumble of thunder and shivered, recalling the time she had been raped out in the rain. And it had been done by an animal. Recalling the sensation, her toes curled, as did her stomach,a nd though her loins burned subtly, it was not an effect she was proud of out of her fears. There was a hunger in that animal, a domineering nature she adored, but it was the same thing she adored in her husband when they had made love so many years ago...

Before the very real fear of death set in- and what sex all meant to her and her future. Though it was selfish and vain, she never thought that she would ever fear sex in all of her known days! So it was unfortunate when, those men had taken her, ravaged her that, in some instances, she reveled in it.

But she needed it. All of it. She wanted to fall away into the nightmare and never be found. But yet...

Some grain of hope remain and she clung to it. And somehow she had come here. But what did this mean for her? For her future? For her marriage? For child? Surely Gabriel could not take a blind eye to this...
especially if she were to come out completely honest with him as her sister had suggested....

But what now? What was she to do now? And she was suddenly terrified of the very real idea to be reunited with her husband, and the moment she heard foot steps coming her way, she whirled around and the moment the door was flung open, she rushed past Trevian and threw open the front door, and ran off into the wilderness beside the place, tears finally falling and blinding her while she ran.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Trevian blinked as she shot past him.  He was half-tempted to let her go, thinking she probably needed a moment -- but Angsar only knew who -- or what -- was stalking her out there...

"Lady Coleridge!" he called out as he took off after her.  His boots squelched in the mood, spattering every which way and all over his outfit which was, even on days like today, normally pristine.  "Lady Coleridge!  Come back!"

visualspice

Valia heard him calling her but she did not stop. She just kept on running, through the trees, through the foliage and across an open hillside. A gust tore across the land from the oncoming storm, more lightning threatening in the distance. But the land was already soggy and wet from the rains the night before, so each step she took left an inprint in the mud. And her legs and dress were quickly becoming thoroughly soaked. But she didn't care, and let herself feel as free as the winds that now swept through her hair, carrying them wildly like a golden flag against grey skies.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Trevian's legs were longer than her's, and he, in spite of his preferences, was accustomed (ish) to the life of a soldier.  There was, however, a reluctance to grab her or force her, in any way, to stop; she had been through enough trauma without him simply adding to it.

"If you wanted to have a footrace," he called up playfully, "I would have obliged you in better weather!"

visualspice

At his words, she found herself falter, and a sob break free of her lips. She stumbled to a halt, and threw herself against a tree, where she buried her face into her arms and sobbed all the way down until she was on her knees upon the ground.

Ivory

Trevian came to a stop beside her, looking down at her somewhat helplessly.  "I'm usually not this bad with women..."

He sank down beside her in a crouch and reached out a hand to touch her shoulder.  "Hey, there.  I'm sorry.  I didn't mean...that."  Well, he sort of had...  "Are you alright?"

visualspice

Valia continued to sob, practically choking on them.
"I can't go back!" she wailed. "He'll hate me! He'll never forgive me for being so foolish! I can't go back! Don't take me back there! I don't want to see him! I don't want to see my husband!"

Ivory

Trevian's expression softened immediately.  Even his internal complaints ceased as he settled down beside her and, without permission or apology, wrapped his arms tightly around the girl.  "No, no, honey, he won't hate you.  What happened to you...  That wasn't your fault, and he can't blame you for that.  I've heard nothing but kind words spoken of your husband..."

visualspice

"That's the problem!" she sobbed. "He's too good to me! Too kind! Too... Too... perfect to have himself a wife so.. so.. tainted." Not to mention everything else.

Ivory

"You don't think you deserve to be happy?"  That was the most heart-breaking thing he'd ever heard!  "Lady Coleridge -- Valia -- the very fact you feel like that proves that you do deserve someone like that."

visualspice

"But you don't understand!" she sobbed, shaking uncontrollably through them. "I'm a terrible wife!"

Ivory

"That's nonsense," he told her softly as he caught her chin in his hand to turn her face up towards his.  "I say this as a friend, not as a declaration of war, my lady.  Everyone has a spot of trouble now and again.  But you love your husband -- that's clear.  And if even a quarter of the rumors I've heard about the lengths he's gone to find you are true, then it's equally clear that he loves you back.  And that's a beautiful thing -- a beautiful, messy thing.  Perfect marriages are cold and terrible things, Valia.  Take your sister's marriage, for example.  If the Grand Duchess had vanished the way you did, do you think the Grand Duke would abandon his home to personally lead the search party for weeks at a time?"  Softly, he added, "I doubt it.  Not when there's matters of the State to attend to.  I'm sure they care about each other in their own way -- but they're both so caught up in pretending that their marriage is perfect that it's anything but."

(OOC: Trev is totes assuming Valia is a better person than she is, apparently!)

visualspice

Valia grew quiet and thought very carefully over all of that. And she felt relief in that. Gabriel's been looking for her? Her eyes welled up with tears. And guilt began to chill in her belly, remembering her sister's marriage... but at least she had Dekka. The man, miraculously escaping the noose..
and well...
She sighed and peered up at Trevian.

"You're right. I.. I'm being foolish," she murmured. "Let's... let's get me ready to go meet with Gabriel."

Ivory

(OOC: Miraculously?  <3  Kathryn worked hard to make that miracle happen!)

Trevian smiled pleasantly at her and rose, extending a hand down to her with a gentlemanly flourish.

"As you wish, my lady."  Once she was back on her feet, he slipped his arm through her's, beginning to maneuver her back towards the house as though they were strolling through a garden rather than rain-soaked underbrush.  "Just remember, I am at your service until you've dismissed me.  If you wish me to accompany you all the way to Orchy, it would be my privilege."

After a moment, he added cheerfully, "I imagine you'll be glad to see your son again."

visualspice

OOC: I know! :O And without magic
-------

Valia clung to his arm as he lead her onward.
"Y-yes, I can't wait to get home." And at the mention of her son, a pang of guilt washed over her, and a sudden desire to seem him became her. It was an odd sensation, she supposed it was a bit of a panicked feeling, only the realizing, worrying about him and finding it strange that only now she was. Befre it was all about her. Or her and her husband. But their son... whom she was not the best to interact with, was still hers and well...

Deep down she did love the child. Even though she was a very awkward mother at best.