Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Forbidden Fruits (Midnight)

Started by Ickedu, April 30, 2014, 01:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ickedu

((Thread for @Midnight (Xyntharia) and @Ickedu (Tiel)))

It was a pleasant day in Essyrn.

Well, of course every day was hot here near the Moraki Desert, especially around midday when the sun burned from directly above and the sand and stones had lost all the coolness of the night. But today, a kind breeze had sprung up and blew lightly over the city.
Obviously the people inside the city walls would not feel much of it. But outside the city, in the Niafi River Delta, the weather almost could be called pleasant.

Nonetheless the fields and paths along the river were quiet at this time of the day. Like every day, everyone that had a chance to rest took the opportunity and retired to a shadowy place until the hottest hours would be over.

But some animals took the chance to roam the fields and riverbanks without being disturbed by the farmers or merchants. A flock of cockatiels had landed on a field near the water. It consisted of about 40 birds, and most of them were engaged in picking the largest grains out of the crop. But then suddenly a warning call could be heard from one of the watcher birds, and in an instant the whole flock was lifting off and flying away, their grey-and-yellow feathers glittering in the bright sun.

Their flight lead along the riverbanks to the western side of the river delta where the estates and mansions of the more wealthy merchants were situated. They flew over the houses, gardens, warehouses and places, until they reached an exceedingly beautiful estate. It was bordered by trees along the outside, blocking the view into the estate. A single light-colored road that led from the golden front gate to a huge, exquisite fountain right in front of the manor, separated the large garden in two parts. On the one side, the garden was filled with beautiful flowers and natural growing bushes, as well as trees throughout it. Small mammals, reptiles like snakes and lizards, as well as birds had made their homes in this garden. It was well kept enough to make it look presentable, though the plants were mostly allowed to grow freely.

On the other side of the road there was a small, beautiful river. Around this river there were many herbs, vegetables and fruits grown to be used in medicines and meals. On this side, the cockatiels landed at the shore to refresh themselves with the clear water. Only Tiel elided the cool water for the moment. It would not satisfy her thirst while she drank in her cockatiel form, and she usually didn't change in the presence of the flock, to not scare the other birds. So she took a stroll away from her flock and the river.

She spend some time hopping and fluttering through the garden. But then another thing caught her attention. An appetizing smell found its way to the cockatiel and drew it to another side of the garden to a small bush. It was obviously tended well, no withered leaves or weeds could be seen around it. And it bore the most amazing fruits that Tiel had ever seen.

The fruits did not look very special, they were oval, their color reaching from dull yellow to dark red, but they had the most amazing, inspiring, delicious aroma Tiel had ever smelled. She had to examine this further and without much effort her small cockatiel body began to grow and deform. Her beak and crest disappeared, and the more she neared the size and form of a human, the more the feathers regressed, making place for gold-brown skin, the feathers forming into a grey and yellow scarf, until finally a young  woman stood in the garden, her skin gold-brown, her hair a bright yellow and clothed in a simple dress wrapped out of her scarf.

As extraordinary this transformation basically was, it did not appear unnatural or strained, but fluent and simple. Tiel too did not think more about the transformation. It was normal for her, the only thing she knew. And anyway, she wanted to feel, see and taste the fruit that had such a high allurement to her.

Without hesitation she picked one of the fruits and took a hearty bite.

And then... she couldn't stop anymore.
The fruit was the best she had ever eaten and she could not imagine that anything else might somehow compare to it.
Tiel didn't eat very fast. Quite the contrary she savored every bite, but there were not a lot of the fruits. So soon she had eaten all but two of them, when she suddenly heard a sound of another creature in the garden and turned around startled.

Nightmare

Lady Cynthia Arun had decided to take the day to relax. She was tired of dealing with the insolent human nobles that her business so often required her to be in contact with. She just wanted some time to herself, with her slaves attending her needs, of course.

It was a rather nice day, which was much to her liking. Earlier she had been relaxing in the pool of water just outside her manor. Now she had decided to go for a walk. It was partially supposed to be relaxing, but also to make sure the slaves weren't slacking on their duties. She decided to go to the garden first and make sure that all of the vegetables, fruits and herbs that were ready to be used were being harvested.

On her way over, a flock of birds flew overhead, chirping loudly as they flew past. The chirping continued for a while longer before eventually being replaced by a louder noise. She couldn't quite make out what it was, but it was definitely from something bigger than a bird. With a sigh she headed in the direction of the sound, frowning at the thought of having to deal with any issues today.

As she got closer the noise ceased, though she still felt the need to investigate. There could be possible damage to her garden, after all. She continued to walk in the direction of where the noise was coming from until something began to come into shape. From far away it was barely discernable. Eventually the form of a young girl began to take shape, though not one that was familiar to Cynthia. A thief, in her garden? Now that was not something she would tolerate. She slightly increased her pace, intending to make it known to the trespasser that they were going to pay for their intrusion.

Ickedu

Tiel froze on her place when she saw the woman coming closer at a fast pace. She watched the unfamiliar woman with big, dark, inquiring eyes, still one of the remaining two fruits in her hand, and a small trickle of juice running from her lips.
For the moment she remained standing there motionless, the only things blowing gently in the wind were her bright yellow hair, her grey-and-yellow dappled silken scarf that was wrapped around her body to cover the most necessary, and her fine feathers at her back, which could probably not be seen by the woman at the moment.

When her surprise had passed after a few moments, Tiel began to think. Who was the women? What did she want from her? Why did she look so serious? She had done nothing wrong, did she?
That was, when the realization began to slowly sink in. The woman had to belong here... and Tiel had taken fruit without asking... often the other people were not happy about things like this.

She looked down to the fruit in her hand. Damn! She even held on to the evidence. What should she do? Yes! She had to get rid of the fruit, hide it somewhere! But where? A small smile came to her face. Yep! She could do that!

And without further thinking she hastily began cramming the fruit into her mouth.

Nightmare

Once Cynthia was finally close enough, she called out to the girl who was standing in front of her. "I'm afraid you must be lost. Unless of course, you're here on purpose."

She then grinned and looked at the girl, who still had fruit juice dripping down her chin. "In either case, you're trespassing. I don't take kindly to that."

Ickedu

"Um... I..."
For the first time since she had begun eating the fruits, Tiel looked around to see where she was, what was around her and... maybe... where she could flee to.

Then she turned back to the woman and answered with a worried look on her face. "I... took a little rest. And..." She unintentionally looked to the small bush on which exactly one fruit was left hanging.

"I think I'm finished, so... if you want me to go.... I will be away in a moment"

She took a small step back, still looking to the woman.

Nightmare

"And the fruit you ate from my garden." Cynthia said calmly. "What do you plan to do about that?"

Ickedu

"Well, I.... you... it... it will grow again?" Her face got brighter, when the lady remained calm, and Tiel had this wonderful thought.

"Yes, right! The fruit will grow again! So... you just have to wait a little, then you can eat them! Isn't this nice?" Now she smiled genuinely, and seemed to relax.

Nightmare

Now that infuriated Cynthia. Either this girl was really just incompetent, or this girl thought that she was incompetent. Even though the sky remained clear, a spark of lightning flashed in the clouds.

She took a moment to relax, then said, "What about the fruit you have already eaten? Do you plan on paying for those?"

Ickedu

Tiel shivered slightly when the atmosphere seemed to get colder. And there again was the word: "paying"

Tiel never got the concept, but every time when "paying" was mentioned, people began to get angry a little later. So maybe it really was time to leave and fly away.

"Um, I... I don't think I know what you mean, so.... I will go now. Thank you.... for the fruit?"

Tiel again began to step backwards slowly, and someone sensitive to magic may have felt that something in her began to stir. The feathers on her back already spread around her hips and her body slowly began to shrink.

Nightmare

The insolent little twerp actually had the gall to tell Cynthia that she was leaving. Her anger showed in the atmosphere around them. Lightning started to crackle in the air around them as the girl began to take steps away from Cynthia.

That's when she noticed the changes happening to the girl's body. A shifter... she thought as she began gathering electricity in the palm of her right hand. That could be an interesting addition to my collection.

Ickedu

When lightning began to crackle around Tiel, she winced frightened. But it didn't seem to stop her. Quite the contrary her transformation accelerated and she gave off a shrill cry that sounded more like a bird than a girl.

And after only a few moments her body was only mere 2 feet long, covered in grey and yellow feathers, her arms mostly transformed to wings, and she began to bolt away, clearly ready to lift off in a moment.

Nightmare

Perfect. Cynthia thought with a grin. She held out her hand that had been gathering electricity and released it at the girl, who now appeared to be more of a bird. It wasn't designed to harm her, simply to temporarily paralyze her body with the electric shock.

Ickedu

It was just when Tiel thought she would get away. Her body had completely transformed to her bird form and she had managed to lift off the ground to fly away into freedom.

Right then, the electric shock hit her.

All muscles in her body cramped, her wings gave in, her vision blurred, and finally she plummeted down to the hard ground where the small heap of feathers remained motionless, aside from a slight twitching of the remaining electricity in her body.

Nightmare

Cynthia took her time walking to where Tiel had dropped out of the sky. The effects of the lightning would take a while to wear of yet. Even once they did, that fall couldn't have felt good. She had no concerns about catching this thief.

When Tiel finally came into sight, Cynthia let out a small laugh. "My, my. What a storm you've brought upon yourself."

Ickedu

The first thing Tiel felt when she came around was nothing but pain. Her small bird-body still twitched from the electricity, and she had absolutely no control over her limbs.

The next she noticed was an acrid smell of burned feathers.

It took her some more moments until she remembered that she also had eyes, and tried to open them to see what had happened. When she finally recognized her situation, the woman had almost reached her.

The remaining time barely was enough to finally come to her feet again and then cowering to the ground, timidly looking to the woman to await what would happen.

Nightmare

"Since you seem to enjoy it here in my garden so much, perhaps you should spend some more time here." Cynthia said as a slave came into sight. She was a young woman that had been in Cynthia's possession since she was merely an infant and who was fiercely loyal to her master.

"Vera, come over here." Cynthia called out to the slave as she passed by, waiting patiently for her to make her way over. She then pointed at Tiel. "I need you to take this one back to my room. I will be over in just a moment."

With a nod, Vera took the bird in her arms and began walking towards the manor.

Ickedu

Tiel's small birdform weighed very little and fit nicely in the slave-girls hands. In addition, Tiel was still too sore and frightened to resist, maybe aside from a small, complaining cheep.

So the girl had no problems coming from the little bird to carry her where she intended to.

Nightmare

Cynthia inspected the damage to her garden as the slave girl took Tiel into the manor. It seemed that the girl had only taken the fruit that Cynthia had seen her eating. It wasn't much of a crime, to be sure, but such insolence could not go unpunished.

The slave girl took Tiel directly to Cynthia's room without wasting any time. When they arrived, the girl walked in and placed Tiel down on the bed, then stood there watching while Cynthia made her way over. They had only been in the room for a few minutes when Cynthia made her entrance. "Thank you, Vera. Return to what you were doing."

With a small bow of respect, the slave girl ran off, knowing better than to waste time returning to her other duties. Then, Cynthia waited patiently for Tiel to completely recover from the effects of the lightning.

Ickedu

The time the slave-girl required to take her into the mansion and the luxurious room was enough for Tiel to completely get back her senses and the control over her body.
But still, when she was placed on the bed, the little bird just cowered down onto the soft sheets like a scaredy-bird. This situation was really over her head, especially over her little bird-head.

So nothing other came to her mind than staying there, still in her bird-form, and awaiting what would happen.

Nightmare

The silence lasted for a few minutes while Cynthia thought about what to do with her trespasser. Surely a girl who could shift into a bird could be useful to her in some way. For now, though, she needed to punish her for taking the fruit. She spoke calmly, "It's rather impolite to take something from someone else and refuse to pay them for it, you know."