Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The orc nomad and his female companion. (Open)

Started by Gavruk, May 06, 2014, 01:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavruk

Gavruk didn't get hit by the fire as he was running and got away. He then drove his ax powerfully towards the sentient tree.

He knows he's no match, as he was severely outnumbered, so he merely used that moment to hurt the tree and save the last living donkey.

Shawna approached the donkey, alert with whatever goes her way.

DaGlobster

The tree staggered as Gavruk hit with its axe. Instead of sap, the tree spurt out dark blue blood, and screamed. It was only deterred for a moment, as it tried to swat Gavruk out of the way with its branch tentacles. The other tree continued lurching towards Shawna, trying to snatch her up with its branches, which ended in scythes. Varian kept his distance from the fight, preferring to build up profane energies in his body. A single, rubbery wing shot out of his back, sending bits of his flesh into the air, and he moaned in a mixture of pleasure and pain.

He broke into a fit of laughter, and started to speak. "Yab si'derikkum, he'ru yascitabo ti'bi capi'ti'bkkus patri'Ia! Ia!" He yelled madly, in a language whose origins were not terrestrial, raising his arms to the sky. The earth rumbled, like a beast growling, before growing silent again.

He laughed once more.

Gavruk

There are indeed many advantages to being strong.

Gavruk was stable and when hit by the tree, he remained standing. He then immediately ran towards Shawna and snatched her away from danger, taking the blow from the hostile tree. He then grabbed the last living donkey by its rope and pulled it so hard it was forced to at least jog out of the way.

He has to live to fight another day, if he manages to survive at all. He was at the mercy of the speed of the trees. Perhaps they were not that fast... as trees were not built to run, only rooted to the ground.

Shawna looked at the strange man with weird powers. "This isn't over!" she said. "We'll come back with an army! We'll get you back for killing our donkeys!"

Gavruk was bleeding somewhat profusely.

DaGlobster

"The rats, now realizing who the cat is, run for their lives. The cat is hungry, however. The cat will feed!" He yelled. The tree that was split down the middle fell inert, and the one that lunbered about on four columns of roots started smasming wildly, and eyes popped all over it. It reared up like a horse and bayed like a hound. Varian jumped on its trunk, latching onto the side with the tentacles on his back.

The tree's many red eyes shot about wildly, before they all focused in on the fleeing duo. It broke into a sprint towards them, reaching speeds akin to that of a galloping horse. The branch tentacles lashed about as it galloped after the two, each swing about as powerful as a trunk slap from an elephant.

"There is no escape from what you sow!"

Gavruk

((I call godmodding. I'm not buying this. Talk to the moderators if you object.))

DaGlobster

(There's no need to get the moderators. If you think it's not possible for the child of several Elder Gods to animate a tree and get it moving at a decent pace, then you obviously didn't read the profile. Besides, godmodding is when I take control of your character, or do something I'd otherwise have to get permission to do. Chasing after you is hardly even close to that. But, if you feel that you have been wronged so deeply, I will respect your opinion, and will not hold it against you.)

Gavruk

((I understand how your character can summon trees, but to actually let them start running at the speed of a horse sounds ridiculous to me.

Would you still like to continue this thread? If we are to continue it though, I don't want you having the ability of making your trees both be big, powerful, and also have the ability to be extremely mobile.))

DaGlobster

(Why wouldn't it be able to?  This is the tree that's got four legs, not the one that was pulling itself by the roots. The first one, if that helps out. Perhaps I could lower the speed, so it keeps pace with them instead of actually catching up?)

Gavruk

((Yes. That's more feasible. I'll start it with this...))

Gavruk kept running as fast as he could. He, unfortunately, could not ride the donkey as it will only be encumbered. And he still was carrying Shawna.

DaGlobster

Despite the initial burst of speed to get its momentum going, the tree, with it's erratic gait and lunbering steps, was only able to keep up this speed before it slpwed down, moving more or less at Gavruk's speed, every step shaking the ground. It was about fifteen feet behind Gavruk and Shawna, and Varian intended to close this distance. He balled up another shot of green fire, this time aiming it at the donkey.

Gavruk

Gavruk kept running... It was his only choice were he to survive. He didn't look back...

Suddenly, he noticed his donkey running MUCH, MUCH faster than he, which was a good sign. Donkeys can run more than 40 mph at top speed. Gavruk, on the other hand, was lagging behind. But at least his donkey was safe.

Wicked Basket

Jacob had seen many things over the years he had spent as a Shadow Ranger, but an orc with a woman and a donkey being chased by a man on a tree was by far the most ridiculous thing he'd ever seen. It was not at all what he had expected to find when he came to investigate a woman screaming. Still, it was his duty as a Ranger to protect. Wanting to be prepared, he had brought a lantern with him, and he sprang into action. Jacob burst forth from the treeline and hurled the lantern at the four-legged tree. The goal was simple: the lantern would hit the tree, shatter, and cover it in burning liquids. Teleporting again, he put some distance between himself and the tree  rider. He needed a better assessment of what he would be facing.

DaGlobster

Suddenly, it all went tits up for the tree, although whether it could be considered a tree or something else entirely by this point was up for debate. On it's four stump legs, it bucked and writhed as the fire on it burned away the bark, it's gaping maw releasing terrible sounds as the eyes that lined its trunk lost all of their focus and reddened up with agony.

Varian himself lept off of the tree, keeping safe from its temporary moment of rage, and looked around for the source of the lantern. He held up his left arm, which was still a hand, as opposed to the nebulous mass of black matter, eyes, and mouths that was his reforming right one. Down his arms, all kinds of different animal eyes grew from it, scanning the trees. Sure, stopping meant the two would probably escape, but apparently there was someone who was a bigger threat. His body reformed itself back to what it looked like before he fought Gavruk and Shawna, although he was missing his spectacles and gloves. "Who else, huh? Who else is aiding these bandits?" He called out.

Sure, to the untrained eye, it looked like Varian had a thing for trees, but at the moment, they were the only things he could channel his black power through, twisting them into horrifying beasts. Personally, he preferred rocks, or sometimes even structures. The tree monster finally put out the fire by slapping it out with its branch tentacles, and pawed at the ground angrily as it searched around for whoever threw the lantern.

Gavruk

((Hi. Thanks for joining! It's Varian's turn. Let's give him a few hours, or a few days. :) ))

DaGlobster

(Just realized Gavruk had a bit of a derp. Go ahead and post, Wicked)

Wicked Basket

Jacob stepped forward and issued the mandatory warning that was required by the edicts of the Vigilant.

"In the name of the Vigilant, cease all hostile actions or face the darkness."

To emphasize his point, his bow materialized in his hand as he spoke. With any luck this guy would just walk away, but Jacob was always prepared to fight when necessary. By the looks of it, this guy had quite a bit of power, so fighting him would be no easy task. However, Shadow Rangers don't back down.

Gavruk

Gavruk was extremely relieved.

It was honestly the first time in his nomadic life with his best friend Shawna that he had witnessed a being who can overpower him. Of course, it wasn't a fair fight. The man obviously had amazing powers. Gavruk had nothing but brawns, which were matched by the brawns of the man's minions.

To his relief, a mysterious cloaked man came to the rescue. Gavruk stopped running, put down Shawna, and waited for his donkey to stop running too (which it did.).

'Is this... human really stupid enough to face someone as powerful as this... weirdo?' he thought to himself.

"We better keep distance," said Shawna. "This man is obviously not an ordinary human..."

The two kept their distance and observed.

DaGlobster

Varian took a few moments to look at Jacob, his face a jumble of emotions. Suddenly, he started laughing.

Darkness? Darkness!? If only this poor soul knew. Varian was a master of the darkness. Not the weedy, weak little darkness that subsisted in shadows and the absence of light, but the true darkness. The impermeable, protean blackness that existed in the bowels of the earth, the deepest ocean trenches, and the dark tapestries between the stars.

His laughter died down, ending with a sigh. "You made me laugh, so I'll give you a chance, stranger." He started, and the tree monster by his side pawed at the ground, like a bull preparing to charge. "Those two down there? They tried to kill me. I'm going to go kill them now. If you'd like to have your soul devoured as well, kindly stand in line." He said, waving his black, gnarled hand at Jacob dismissively before turning around. As he begun to walk away from Jacob and back towards Gavruk and Shawna, small eyes grew on the back of his black arms, watching Jacob intently.

The tree monster was content to stand there, watching Jacob with it's multiple eyes and growling.

Wicked Basket

Jacob teleported and ended up in between Varian the traveling pair.

"Or you could both go your separate ways and keeps this from escalating."

It was both a suggestion and threat at the same time. Even if the orc and the woman had started this whole thing, Jacob would finish it. Besides, animating entire forests just to go after a pair of petty thieves seemed a bit like overkill.

"I will deal with the thieves in an appropriate manner. You need not bother."

DaGlobster

When the ranger teleported in front of him, Varian stopped, gritting his teeth together as Jacob basically told him to piss off. The anger was clearly visible in his mind. The stars in his void-like left eye winked out, and were replaced with several veiny, red eyes. These appeared all over his forearms as well, and even though Jacob couldn't see the rest of his body (as Varian was still wearing his robe), he would get the unwanted premonition that this unnatural man was not to be trifled with.

Suddenly, without warning and certainly much quicker than a normal man was capable of, Varian called his heritage forth again. Back out came the single wing, and the flesh under his robe shifted and moved, tentacles and other random appendages like hooved feet and eagle's talons shooting from his back with audible squelching and tearing sounds. His forearms twisted themselves, one turning into a black pincer, and the other into a rope-like tentacle with mouths instead of suckers.

he ripped his robe off, revealing that his entire body from the chest down was the same, gnarled black flesh, rippling and writhing with its own life, except for his legs, which were gangly, backwards, reptilian, and covered in a thin fur. His tail raised itself, and hissed at Jacob.

Varian charged forwards, releasing a sanity-jarring howl no humanoid should ever be able produce, intent on absolutely tearing Jacob apart.