Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dreaming of Dragons [M]

Started by Lion, May 12, 2014, 01:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

"Physically," he repeated, clarifying himself in case it wasn't crystal the first time.  "I mean, how do you feel in terms of body aches, pain in your joints, fingers, etc."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Feeling pushed over the top, DevaniƩe turned away from her husband with a frustrated sigh, and raked her hands through her hair in desperation.
"I don't know, Doryx! I don't! Everything grates on my nerves, tests my patience and makes me sick! And my hands... they shake! Not just from rage, but from stress.. fatigue and fear! How am I to answer any questions about how I feel when I feel so much?" And at that, she turned to him with a glare.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"You will do as you're instructed, Devaniee," Doryx said, face stern and without an ounce of humor.  "This is for your own good, and for mine.  I'm trying to help you.  We will get through this together, but in order for us to do so, I need to understand everything about that bracelet.  How it makes you feel, how it changes you.  I've written down all we've discovered so far, but..."

He stopped suddenly and shook his head, placing the notepad down.  He shook his head and cleaned his face with his hands.  This wasn't going to work.  "I'm sorry," he said.  "I...I didn't mean to treat you as if you were one of my experiments, a test subject.  You are my wife.  I will do all I can to help you."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

But tears already were prickling her eyes. And she was too upset to deal with him now as she turned from him and walked away.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Doryx wouldn't let her get far however as he stormed after her.  "Devaniee!  Don't walk away from me!  Please," he called after her. 

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

But DevaniƩe was fast and desperate to get away from him, to get away from this tension, as she sped up, rushing up the stairs towards her room without bothering to look back.

Lion

But her husband would not let up, not even if she shoved him out with the power of the dragon that lingered in the bracelet.  What if all of this was futile?  This trying to fight a power so ancient it might as well be as trying to exorcise a god from a person...  The thought briefly passed Doryx' mind.  But he couldn't just leave her....could he?  His only wife...  "Devaniee...please," he begged, standing on the otherside  of the door.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She slammed the door nearly in his face, and hastily locked it so he could not get in. And it was here, she rested her back against the heavy door that now separated them, her mind swimming with so many emotions she thought she might burst. Tears began to roll down her cheeks, and after a moment she yelled back at Doryx,
"Leave me alone! Please..."
And she grit her teeth, trying to keep back the strain in her voice.
"I need to be alone."
And as she raked a hand through her hair, she stared up at the amulet on her wrist wtih a deepened frown.

Lion

Doryx sighed, leaning heavily on the door before turning around and sliding down the back of it, sitting down and burying his face in his hands.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She wanted peace, she wanted quiet, but she could just feel her husband just outside the door, an equal agony tugging at her own heart. But she wouldn't let herself cry, even as the urge was becoming too over whelming to bear. And after a long, heavy silence, her trembling voice pleaded with him.
"Please..."
She valued her time to herself, and now was when she needed to desperately collect herself.. by herself, and for herself, before she could be any good to him.

Lion

Doryx sighed and remained silent.  He could not bring himself to vacate the door...  And yet the futility of it all only frustrated him all the more.  He did get up and moved on toward his laboratory.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

ANd she could not bring herself to go to the door, to go to him, to just let him in to comfort her. She wrung her hands, scolding herself for falling back to this desperate habit. But wasn't that what she was? Desperate? And so she remained in silence, as minutes ticked by feeling like hours, and the strain was beginning to get even too tense for her that she began to look around the room.
For what? She did not know.

Lion

After about two hours, even Doryx couldn't stand the waiting any longer, the not knowing how she was feeling, if she might hurt herself.  He moved from his office and took the skeleton key he'd hidden away and slipped it into the lock of her door, and quietly parted the lock from the jam.  He opened the door and found Devaniee sitting there.  He said nothing, just meeting her eyes in silence.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Peering up at her husband, the ghost of tears was evident. But she said nothing, and lowered her gaze shamefully, painfully from his.

Lion

Doryx didn't say anything, as he crossed the threshold into his wife's safe domain.  He didn't even close the door behind him.  He knew this was her territory, that this was where she had her saw more than he.  He came in truce, hands palm up and held one out tentatively to her,  hoping she would take it.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I don't think this is working, Doryx," she told him, throat burning as she spoke.

Lion

Doryx said nothing as he stepped forward and took her hand in his. He pressed her hand against his cheek and kissed her pulses.  He dropped it and held it loosely in his hands.  "We can't stop trying. What else can we do?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Give up?" she said, voice breaking as hot tears streamed down her cheek. "What else can we do? I'm broken, I have a curse. Summervale is surely angry with you, and us?" Her eyes show cased a silent, sad laugh. "We are broken as well."

Lion

"Some things break and can be fixed again. Others must be renewed, reborn into a new life. And it can flourish, too, if given the chance." he said gently.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Given the chance.." she repeated somberly, eyes still fastened to the cursed bracelet and the marks it was leaving, indefinitely scaring her flesh.