Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Awkward; A Fair

Started by visualspice, May 20, 2014, 03:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Jarrett simply stared at her. And when he realized she was looking for a response, naturally he shrugged. But then realized-
Right, she had just chided him for that sort of response. So he shrugged again and added.
"You startled me. I haven't smoked all day." And he was definitely itching for a puff.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Einin blinked blankly at that. "You're jumpy 'cause you haven't smoked?"

She really had no idea what smoking did beyond puffing on a flaming stick for whatever crazy reason.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

"Well that, and my blood itches," he added with a shrug. "Smoking is a calming activity. Have you never tried it?" It looked like she could use a cigar, or two!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

"Ugh, no, never and I don't really care to," Einin said, wrinkling her nose. "It stinks."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

As usual, the assassin shrugged, and soon his eyes were focusing on the small inlet where they could dock. A few other boats were there, and Einin and Jarrett were hardly noticed, which suited him just fine. He was more or less not here to socialize. But the moment their boat hit the shore, Jarrett's eyes flashed to something- and the rest all happened in a rush.

Jarrett's arms swung around Einin, and he dove towards the side of the boat, using his shoulder to roll it and spill the pair beneath the water as a blast of magic rocked the boat above them and sent an explosion of colors reflecting beneath the waters.

Jarrett's head and shoulders were the only things above the water, and he held Einin up with one arm, and his other hand was gripped to the boat's edge, and he wasted no time in using his feet to kick away from shore when another magical blast nearly split the wooden boat in half just ontop of their heads.

Rhindeer

Einin was too drunk for this.

That, or maybe she wasn't drunk. Maybe this day was drunk!

Because before she could do so much as stand to disembark, BAM! Jarrett snatched her up and into the water they went while all around them, the world exploded. First with the cold of the water hitting her body and going up her nose, then with a literal explosion, colors filling the air above the water.

Jarrett had her still, which was good, because Einin couldn't swim sober, and when her head broke the surface she choked and gagged and spat up lake water. "Gods! What the fu--?!"

She had no time to finish her sentence when Jarrett kicked away fro,m the shore--and the boat exploded.

With a yelp, she threw her arms around Jarrett's neck, more afraid of drowning right now than being blown apart (though perhaps she should have worried more about that, too!), and gasped out, "I think someone's trying to kill us! Or you! Probably you!"

visualspice

Jarrett barely caught a glimpse of the one attacking them. But it only took him a second to realize who it was. It as his mark,a nd his mark damn well knew he was after them. He could have swore, perhaps he did, but he had to act quickly.

"Hold your breath."
It was the only warning she'd get as he did the same, and was soon diving deep beneath the water's surface, keeping her close while magic continued to missile it's way through the river waters.

Rhindeer

Einin had just enough time to gulp in some air when they plunged back underwater, the dark space around them lighting up with flashes of magic. She clung tightly to Jarrett, clinging hard even as her lungs strained and burned and she prayed they wouldn't be hit by whatever was being sent their way!

And prayed Jarrett would surface soon, because she wasn't a swimmer, and she hadn't practiced holding her breath.

visualspice

While under water, Jarrett wriggled some, but kept a firm grip on Einin. Finding the dagger in his boot, he moved and cut at his wrist,a nd the waters clouded with a line of red blood, and he moved to draw it as a circle around them until it made the waters murky and unclear. Then, once that was done, he moved to slip the dagger away and spoke into the waters with his last breath.

The first words were from some strange language, or garbled nonsense, but then the blood circle opened before them and what appeared to be Einin's room, appeared inside the circle.
And the last words he uttered through bubbles was, 'God." As he let go of her and moved to hold his other hand over his bleeding wrist, as more magic sailed past them, one missing Jarrett by mere inches as it singed his sleeve.

Rhindeer

Einin hardly realized what was happening before she spilled into her room, landing with a hard thud on her floor in a puddle of water, her dress soaked and clinging and pink hair plastered to her face. She coughed until she gagged, choking up water that had gone up her nose and down her throat, stinging and burning horribly, and it was through blurry eyes that she saw...

What the--her room?! How was...what?!

It was the work of magic, clearly--she had glimpsed that bloodied ring, shortly before she'd been shoved through--but gods! Where the hell was he?! Was he still...?

"Jarrett!" she choked out, stumbling to her feet and falling when her dress tangled around her legs.

visualspice

But her calls would be futile, for Jarrett was no where to be seen. Even the traces of his magic had long since faded, leaving her wet clothing and the puddle beneath her as the only proof to what had happened. But it was at her sudden cry that there came a knock on the door.

It was Alita. One of the many servants in her home.

"Lady Beirne? Is that you?" the woman asked softly through the door.

Rhindeer

[...I can't believe I didn't respond to this, oh my god. D8]

...Oh shit.

"Yes! It's me!" Einin called quickly, and scrambled to her feet--this time successfully. What now, though? It would be hard to explain why she was soaked to the bone in her Fair clothes.

Thinking fast, she ducked behind her changing screen and started to tear off her soaked, heavy clothes, just in case the Alita decided to be nosy despite her wishes. All the same she left a trail of water all across her room, not to mention the huge puddle where she'd landed and the bits of water plants that had gotten caught up in her clothes and hair. "It's okay, Alita. I just...er, I just tripped and startled myself, that's all!"