Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Silly Hats And Daggers [Lloyd]

Started by Delentus, August 28, 2014, 11:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delentus

The great gates of Selevea loomed in front of Darius and his eccentric companion, although the fact he didn't travel alone was strange enough. For the assassin had actually enjoyed, for the most part, the trip to this city with Lloyd. He still didn't fully comprehend exactly how he managed to fall into his current situation, but that did not matter to him at this moment. All that was on his mind was his mark, a fat merchant who was bribing guards and generally ruin honest folks' lives. It didn't matter to Darius the reasons, all that mattered was the gold. He couldn't deny though that he felt like he was truly doing this city a favor by taking out the corrupt individual.

"So what are your plans while we're in the city? Going to see some of the sights?" he asked Lloyd as he pulled his hood off. Standing up on the carriage's bench so he could stretch better, Darius also took the moment to see if he could spot where guards were posted.

Lloyd Orodelo

Lloyd was overwhelmed by the city. He barely heard his friend talked at first, but when Darius gave him a poke, he came back on earth.
"I can't remember anyone that is not dead in here. I guess not. So what's the plan kid?" He said with his usual big smile.
Lloyd had a vague idea of why they were here for but it was far in his mind and needed to refresh a bit. He knew that someone here was bribing gards and ripping off the poor citisens , usually it was enough but this time he wanted to know more.

He drove the cart past the guards and saw Darius stare at them. "They smell like this city, dreadfully rotten to the core. I guess you wanna gather more intelligence before diving in?"

Delentus

"Not the city, an individual." he corrected, for it was true. Not every guard, in fact most of them were indeed looking out for the betterment of the city. It just so happened that these guards were under the employment of someone with darker desires.

He didn't even bother to answer Lloyd's question though, at least not here. He'd rather plan things out when he knew they weren't being watched. It was going to take more than a quick jump out of a shadow to make his gold this day.

Lloyd Orodelo

Lloyd stared a his young friend and understood what was in his mind. "I knew someone that owned an inn in her before he died, fireball in his face just like that! Boom! hahaha Poor Larry, he never knew what the gods had for him in store!" he said giggling "I heard his wife still runs the shop... maybe we could stay there tonight?"

Even before hearing Darius thoughts, he headed straight for that inn.

Delentus

Darius offered a nod in acceptance. He'd check to make sure it was secure when they settled in, if not he was certain he'd find an appropriate place.

"You know, for someone who didn't get out much. You have a lot of friends in this city so far away from your former home." he remarked, trying to change the subject. A small grin tugging at one side of his face.

Lloyd Orodelo

Lloyd took his pipe out of his bag, lit it and took a long hit.He noded back to his friend making a circle of smoke in the air in front of him.

When they got to the inn, they found a abandonned three story building. The door was still in place but some windows were broken.
"Damn this place got old. Go check in if there is somebody while i go park this cart in the back, if nobody is home well we'll have to carry our bags by ourself!" he said, making smoke circles with his nose.

Delentus

"I'll see what I can do." he replied dryly with a drop of sarcasm, as he pulled out his lockpicks. Gingerly working the lock and unlocking it within just a few moments to find that the door was also barred shut.

"We have a small problem, door isn't going to open anytime soon from this side. Or at least easily." he said to Lloyd as the other man made his way back to him. Sure he could of made it to the broken out window just a few feet above him, but he didn't exactly feel like expending that amount of energy.

Lloyd Orodelo

Sighing deeply, Lloyd stood in front of the door. He took a deep breath and -

WHAM

- the door was opened and Lloyd was putting it back on its hinges. His kick was powerful as a bullrush. He looked around for potential witnesses.

"Problem solved, son! Now honey, let's move in our new home!" he said with sarcasm and a big laugh.

Delentus

"Be more quiet! I don't want unwanted attention." he hissed at Lloyd. Knowing all to well that you didn't need to see someone to know they were there, and that the man's glances to see if anyone noticed weren't effective at all.

Letting out a sigh of his own though he quickly moved into the abandoned building. Sweeping through it silently, checking it for people who could go to the guards and reveal them.

After a few rounds of searching Darius was convinced that they were alone and that the door being kicked in was indeed unheard. He began to explain to Lloyd their reasoning for being here. "There is a merchant here. Rather corrupt and detrimental individual person to the city, not that this information really matters, and I have a contract I need to fulfil on him. If you want I'm sure we can find a way for you to help out."

Lloyd Orodelo

"Oh sorry!" whispered Lloyd realizing he was making too much noise.

Looking around, remembering a bunch of good memories, he sighed. He found the table where he drank until he blacked out for the first time (it took a long time and almost a whole barrel at the age of 19 to do it), he sat there waiting for his friend to come back.

"So you need me after all? I'm listening." he said with a grin, when Darius explained the situation.

Delentus

"I don't need your help. If you want to help I'm sure I can figure something out like...um...I'll think of something when it's important." he said dryly, not really appreciating how lightly Lloyd was playing the situation. This was a murder they were planning, there couldn't be any mistakes. Otherwise they'd end up in a far worse place than the run down building they were using.

"Now I don't care what you do, at least for a while, just make sure you do it quietly. I need to contact people, scope out the merchant's house, and maybe even shadow him for a few days. Come back here an hour after sundown though until I come back, we'll formulate out plan once I know what I need to know." he told Lloyd as he went about gathering the few things he would need. Which included a nice sized sack of gold which he was planning on using for a new dagger.

Lloyd Orodelo

"Alright, alright. I'll get my stuff ready." he said, his bloody grim grin back on his face again.

Taking his axe out, her sharpened it again. He counted the marks up the handle. "I think I'm at 57 with this next one." he said looking at Darius, an odd serious look on his face.

What was he planning to do with that gold? Meh, maybe Intel gathering, thought Lloyd, remembering his days as an assassin.

"I'll wait here all night if needed" he whispered, thinking that Darius didn't heard him.

He looked at his friend going out.

Delentus

He unintentionally ignored everything Lloyd was doing as he walked out. Darius was in his element at that moment. Searching the city for the few people he knew there that were so self-centered that he could trust that they would have reliable information. After he visited them he planned on staking out the target's house for at least two days. He had to figure out some sort of routine after all. No reason for him to charge in and risk being killed, or worse captured by the guards.

On the fourth day of his scouting run Darius finally returned to the duo's current base of operations. A beautiful new dagger was on his hip, far more impressive looking than his old one. He walked around the building, his steps almost perfectly silent, searching for Lloyd. After finally finding the man, he he stood there trying to figure out how exactly he was going to fit into this...

Lloyd Orodelo

As Darius came back, he saw a man sitting exactly we're was Lloyd four days before. The man looked worried and angry. When saw Darius coming in, he said in deep sigh"Where have you been boy? I thought you were done for after the third night!".

Lloyd walked toward Darius, offering his hand to shake. It's was a relief to see him finally get back.

Lloyd had put on his working outfit since Darius left. He looks completely different. Everything was different about, physically. Instead of his burning fire of emotions deep within his eyes, it as a cold blooded murderer stare he was looking at. He was carrying his axe at his waist, the best way to hide it in crowds.

Delentus

"I told you it would be a few days." he said as he walked past Lloyd to a table. He quickly pulled out a map and set it down, weighing down the edges for easier viewing. After it was all set, he motioned at Lloyd to come over as well.

The map was covered with lines, marks, arrows, and a plethora of other marks. Each representing a different route to the target, and the respective escape route. "Now, as you can see there are multiple points of entry and escape. I still haven't really thought of anything in particular that you could do, but maybe you could keep which ever exit point we choose clear. What do you think?"

Lloyd Orodelo

Lloyd looked at the map, then at Darius, then back at the map, then Darius again. That kid knew how to do homework, damn!

With an amused smile, he pointed two entry points. "We should circle him. I he tries to run away, we just have to spin in circles around the guy. That way he won't escape and we can stay around our respective exit, makin' the run for the hills of our life."

Delentus

"You're assuming he's going to know what is about to happen to him, or even see it coming." he replied with a sly grin. "I have a rather simple plan to get close to him without him suspecting a single thing."

He then went about spinning his newly acquired dagger between his fingers as he was contemplating how he was going to approach the mark exactly. He couldn't afford failure on this particular mission. Perfection was the only option.

Lloyd Orodelo

(OoC: I changed my way to write dialogues. Just to warn you.)

Lloyd answered Darius grin with one of his own. "There is a law that states: Whatever could go wrong will go wrong. Could we approaching like that and circling him at the same time?"

He walked around the table, looking every angle that they could take.

"I like that dagger of yours!" He said, a wide smile on his face.

Delentus

"I don't like the idea. To many things could go wrong with that." he said, trying to stay calm with Lloyd's persistence with his plan. Sure, his own plan had plenty of things that could go wrong, but his plan had the least amount of things that could go wrong between the two. He had everything planned, and prepared. It was just time to wait.

"Oh, yeah. Thanks." That was all Darius would give to the praise Lloyd just gave to his newest toy.

Lloyd Orodelo

Lloyd sighed deeply. Yes he was a bit rusty since the last time he killed someone was fifteen years ago, the that Darius had prepared seemed good at second thought.
"You are right son, the best way to do it would be the way you described." He scratched his beard, "Let's hope he is working like clock then."

He then dragged a couch near the fireplace, wanting to doze off before they needed to run.

"You should try to! You look like someone who didn't slept that much since the other day."