Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Magic Workshop! ALL WELCOME (even non-magic users)!

Started by Zack, September 01, 2014, 07:46:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zack

This will be an event hosted by my character Eripiam, a mage aspiring to change the world with his views and abilities, at his home in La'marri. It's not exactly a sprawling manse or anything of the sort, it's a fairly modest house, but it's settled on a decently sizable piece of land upon which Eri will erect canopies, tents, etc. The exact size of the land is around 5 acres, though only one of those acres will be open to the public. His house overlooks the sea, and is close to a spacious beach, an open plain that slowly crests into a cliff over the ocean, and a densely wooded area that can be used for the gathering. Food and beverage, including alcoholic, will be provided. He spared no expense, and despite his average home he boasts pretty deep pockets.

The purpose of the gathering is knowledge; to give, to take, to share. The main focus is the study of the arcane, although philosophy, adventuring, academics, and just about any other topic you can think of will also play their parts in the gathering as long as it's beneficial to the overall goal of learning. A man without a lick of magical talent is received just as well as a master of magic, granted he has something to offer. However, don't let this deter you; a skilled thief looking to steal a magic trinket or two could easily slip in undetected. God-like/uber-powerful beings are allowed, but generally the meeting is non combative, except for potential demonstrations between those who wish to display or test their skills.

Looking for: (in no particular order) Guards, scholars, intellectuals, those who can use peculiar or unique magics, thieves, and spies!

Thank you for reading, and please reply to this thread or PM me if interested! :)

Erzon

I could be really interested in joining your project, I have a character that could fit perfectly in this setting! He is Aumar, a young mage trainee from Ravensway that is travelling in order to increase his magical power and so he could join easily your event and travel to La'Marri to reach you.

Alegretto

I have a character who would probably show up. Her name is Grace (she's in my sig below) and she's a half-orc who acts as a peacekeeper in La'marri. She also has a petty unique type of magic, so she'd have two reasons to show up. One to keep an eye on things and two, maybe to learn some more about herself and her power.

Kefi

Litauia, my Yoreiqi shaman has reason to attend. Because she lives in La'marri and spends her life educating others on her magic/culture, I think she'd be perfect for this. Her interesting magic is primal blood magic that she uses primarily for healing others. In her quest to share her own culture, she's also looking to gather knowledge about other types of magic. She seeks to understand all types of people. A setting like this would give her the perfect opportunity to do so.

jparsonseagle

Jarakti shal atenhe is a golem so dont anger him or alow him to become drunk he has magc to teach

Kriv

Tiemerre would be interested in attending, maybe he could possibly uncover a bit of his memory as well.

Zack

They all seem well suited for what I have in mind, I'm very interested to see how they'll all interact with one another :D

I'll be updating this as it comes along, it's off to a good start though! Thank you for the feedback and participation :)

Ethereal-Star

I have a character named Adelaide who would love to attend. She is an ice mage and would love to meet and share knowledge with other ice mages or any mage in general. Although her specialty is ice magics, she can still gain knowledge about other types though, but she only does ice magic. She is looking to further her skills in this. 

Ethereal-Star

I have a second character (but not posted yet) who would also be perfect for this. Her specialty is storm magic and life magic. So two different characters, each with their own specialties.

Klezmer Gryphon

My character, the innkeeper Liarri Delmoire, would probably be interested, because although she isn't much of a mage (although please do read up on her peculiar ability), she'd be more than happy to assist in tending to guests.

Volecto

I have a character that would be interested. Oakley is a young earth mage with a lot of potential. The recent death of his mysterious caretaker has left him wanting more knowledge of magic. His thirst for knowledge and adventure are enough to bring him to your event. He is my only character as of this moment, and he resides in La'marri.

Zack

I'll likely be starting this up sometime in the next week or so. I've been swamped with holiday business, work, etc, I won't bore you with excuses. But everything will pick up soon :D

Ethereal-Star

A small change on what characters I am offering for this. Adelaide still stands of course, but instead of Dilwen as she is currently in Darken Vei, Serendipity at this point, how about my character Admar? Some information below on these two.

Adelaide is an ice mage who travels a lot especially to the tundra and its many villages. She would also love to learn more about her magic and this would provide her the perfect opportunity to do so. She is an adventurous type as well.

Admar is a scholar and mage who practices a rare form of magic: Color Invocation. He loves, loves to learn about many things so he would most definitely be there at such an event. He could demonstrate some of his talents and have many a philosophical discussion with others of like mind.

I have other characters, but I think 2 is enough for this little rendezvous.