Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Playin' in the Band [Lloyd Oroooo]

Started by Zack, October 02, 2014, 07:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zack

Prudento moved through the village with a familiar ease, his lute clutched tight to his body. Although he hadn't met with a fellow musician in quite some time, a small piece of him was somewhat excited about the prospect of playing music with another party involved.

The part of him that wanted that was very, very small however. The part that was still Komplezo, the wandering minstrel. Most of that personality was smothered by the madness that pervaded his thoughts, but the being in his head understood that to maintain control, it did to keep a little of the 'self' involved. Humans are greedy, selfish, and foolhardy, it had explained to him once. If you were naught but a mindless husk and my control of you was ever wrested from me, you would become a catatonic shell, wasting away without a mind or soul. Leaving that piece of you - that human piece - guarantees that you'll try everything in your power to get me back when I'm gone.

Prudento begrudgingly accepted that as fact. He had grown used to the spirits' influence. To its' power. No, even then 'used to' wouldn't be the right term. Dependent. That rang more truth to Prudento's addled mind.

Before he knew it, he had arrived at the house the invitation was to. Without a word, he tested the door and found it unlocked. Strange for a house in Zantaric. Even stranger when a needle trap or a fireball didn't hurtle through the doorway. He stepped in to find a well-lit room with five or six chairs arranged in a circle.

Nobody, however, was in the room.

He waited. And waited. He knew he had arrived earlier than the invitation had said, but after a full hour of sitting alone and tuning his lute, Prudento was becoming impatient.

When would another of these musicians arrive?

Lloyd Orodelo

Curtis was looking at the strange man from above, sitting on a beam 3 foot above. He felt something off about him. Maybe it was only because of his look and that Curtis wasn't very good at engaging conversations. He cleared his throat.

"Who might you be?"

He jumped from his spot and started to open his giant coffin-like case.

"I hope I didn't startled you. Are you another guest of our mysterious host?"

Curtis sat and prepared his cello.

Zack

Prudento was startled to say the least when someone from above cleared their throat, and leaped out of his seat. Though he was agitated, he composed himself as the man came down to his level and took a seat. He began to have the suspicious thought that this was a set-up and that this man was the one who had him come here, but dispelled that once he saw the man whip out an ornate cello and inquire as to his identity.

"I am Prudento, and yes I was invited here as well." He took his seat back and strummed a little on his lute, making sure it stayed in tune. "And I admit you startled me a little. Who might you be, sir?"

Not used to formalities, Prudento couldn't help but feel an immediate connection to the man. He was a musician, his presence felt deliciously dark and ominous, and he wasn't a big talker. He only said what was necessary. The minstrel played a little tune on his lute quietly as he waited for the other man to introduce himself.

Chronicler

((Are we open to some unpredictability?))