Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Demon Prince and the Skilled Elf (Sanguine)

Started by Tak, October 07, 2014, 12:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tak

A sound was heard, a bell was wrung, the blood been poured and the chant enspoken, for that is what needed to summon the terror that is; Ardeadai. He was the Prince of Demonkind, manifestation of anger, son of the mighty Kirnadaz, demigod and not the kind of person you'd want to summon.

But it was too late for that last bit. Multiple people huddled around a book, a knife going into a poor dwarve's heart and some final words being uttered. Probably the worst mistake they had ever made. Maybe the best. It depended.

A crimson and nighly black fog appeared, forming a figure, a demonic one. "Oh, great Ardeadai, we require a task of you...". Ardeadai looked at them, obviously not impressed. "I am not your servant, nor slave. What is it, mortal?". One of them fell in extreme fear. It was expected. "We need protection, oh mighty one."

An imposing figure loomed over them. "From?" asked the demon, looming over them. "Boss runs illegal operations, we have sources that say the law-peeps have found us!". He looked quite disappointed. "'Law-peeps'. Wonderful. That was sarcasm, you may not have picked it up in the intense fear you must be experiencing."

The one that said that was found later in 67 pieces scattered all over the planet.

Codestar7

Felodas had been tipped off that there was an Adelan extortionist hiding on a secluded island in the Yoreiq Isles. He had just recieved a new dragon after his became the Queen of the Daedrothian Mountain Dragons. Flying to the place marked on a piece of parchment, he thought what he would do when he got there.

He landed near a shore, unseen. He scrambled towards a burnt-out campfire, one with a man kicking the ashes. There was a woman tied up and gagged. Felodas would not have this. He drew an arrow the demon Ardeadai had granted him. The ones that replenished indefinitely. He fired it deep into his skull.

The woman screamed, but it was muffled, thank the gods. Felodas left her there just to be sure it wasn't a trap. Felodas would help her when he was done here. Felodas dashed around a corner just in time to see a huge demon blast someone into oblivion. It was Ardeadai. The man he had met once before. The husband of the woman he had courted. Shit, he thought. But the demigod didn't know - he hoped.

He shambled into the clearing.
"Hi there, Ardeadai, remember me?"

Tak

He looked at these mortals in utter disgust. They summoned him, I mean, really? They could have summoned, for example, a minion, an expendable demon or two to defeat these, as they put it, 'law-peeps'. It was a good thing he killed that one.

"Your boss just summoned me. He summoned one of the most powerful demons in existence! Where is he, he needs to die!"

The two men where too afraid to speak. It was understandable. Ardeadai grabbed one by the neck, squeezing tightly and causing quite a lot of pain, but not enough yet to kill. Not yet, anyhow.  He turned his head as he had sensed a familiar presence. It was Felodas, who he had given some magic arrows to. He spoke his greetings.

The man, half-dead, dropped to the ground in exhaustion. Ardeadai sniffed up the aromas near hither, as he would normally do. He smelt like Adelan Black, the same species as Stygia. He had smelt like dragon on their previous encounter, so he had assumed he had gotten an Adelan Black now. He pondered this a second.

"Greetings, Felodas. I never forget a friend. Are you the 'law-peep', as they put it?"

Codestar7

Felodas snorted.
"law-peep? What drug are these peasants on? Yes. I guess I am the one on which they bestow a pointless title." Felodas wiped away a stray teardop, refusing to leave his fair elven skin.
"Ralenth is the Queen of the Thunderblacks now," explained the elf. "I have a new dragon now. An Adelan Black. She's a beauty. Do you wish to meet her?"

Tak

Ardeadai listened to one of his favorite mortals, not exactly understanding what he was saying when he said 'drugs', a foreign concept to him. He listened yet again, assuming Ralenth is the dragon he had on their earlier meeting. "Adelan Black? Are those not very rare?"

He thought of Stygia, who's dragon sides breed was an Adelan Black. "Sure, I have no reason not to. You know, I have a dragon form. A gift from my wife." said Ardeadai, recounting what had happened a few days ago. "What is her name?"
He got ready to follow Felodas.

Codestar7

Felodas hesitated. "Her name is Stygia. I met her in the mountains. She is a beautiful woman, and a great lover. Sadly, I only have her a few more days, while my dragon is being saddled. I'll lead you to her."

((OOC - Should we talk about DaGlobster before bringing Stygia into this? It's their character after all, we should get permission for this.))

DaGlobster

"Oh, there's no need."

Stygia rounded the corner, gracefully and confidently walking around it. She was in her dragon form. She was still getting adjusted to her Hydra form, so she tried not to spend too much time in it. Having three heads got disorienting after a while.

Her eyes locked onto Ardeadai, and before he could explode with rage or do anything, her voice echoed through his mind.

Be at peace, My prince. I see you're acquainted with my newest prey. Funny little mortal, really. I have him wrapped around my claw, begging for my attention. The Commander of the Adelan Dragon Knights, in our pocket.

Codestar7

Felodas began. "This is my dragon, Stygia. Fine one isn't she? Great in bed too!"
Felodas winked, not knowing the relationship between the dragon and the Demon Prince.