Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Last Days of the Frost [M]

Started by visualspice, December 01, 2014, 06:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

His gaze bore into hers, unyielding and speaking in volumes on what words never could.
"I didn't want a fucking little while."

To him?
He wanted it all...
forever.
If even her moment of real caused for him to wish for a dream that could never come true.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"A little while was all we had," she answered reasonably, her own expression of pain reflecting his.  "We tried.  We both tried.  It wasn't just the cucumbers that drove us apart."  Her hand squeezed his softly, then withdrew.  "We're too alike, I think, for it to really work -- and we're both set in our ways."

visualspice

At that remark, he gave a brief, short laugh.
"Are you comparing yourself to the King of Thieves?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"Would you disagree?" she wondered, her smile back once again.  "In another life, I would have tried to challenge you for your title, you know.  And I think I would have done quite well."

No doubt -- after all, he may be the better thief, but, in the very least, she knew how to distract him better than most.

visualspice

"If you call getting fucked, doing well, then I'd agree."

Ivory

"I don't think either of us would have minded," she answered with a soft sigh.  It probably would have taken some time for them to wear each other out...

"I suppose you'll want your grappling hook back before you go?"  Rising, she crosses to her jewelry box, and, after a moment, withdraws a key.  "For the chest over there," she indicates, and then she holds it out to him.

visualspice

For a long while he was silent, staring at her, then through her, and beyond. He didn't bother to look at the chest.
"Do you think I came all the way here for that?"

Ivory

"Of course not, Dekka.  You know I think more of you than that."  She would leave it up to him whether or not he wanted it...

She settled back down on the bed, shifting the baby into her other arm as she did so.  "Are you looking for a fight?  I don't want to give you one, you know.  The last time we saw each other...  It was so awful and...stupid."

visualspice

"You think I'd come all this way for a fight?" he smirked at that, staring down at her and the child.

Ivory

Kathryn's expression was flat and unamused...except for that slight lift of her lips and the subtle glow in her eyes.

"Now, you're just being cute."

After all, they both knew what he had come for...but she didn't want to give him a fight.  She wanted them to part as friends...perhaps, though, that was selfish of her.

"I wish you could stay, you know.  I miss having someone to talk to."

visualspice

"Talk?" his voice raised, amused and with question, his smile growing.

Ivory

"Yes, talk," she affirms with a roll of her eyes, although her smile returned as well.  "You're more than just a pretty face, you know."  Her smile faded, and she sighed softly.  It felt like they were dancing around the subject, both trying to delay the inevitable...

And she wanted desperately to go on delaying it...  But that just wasn't the right thing to do, was it?  And, at some point in her life, she had to grow up, had to do the right thing.

"So, this is goodbye then, isn't it?"

visualspice

"Goodbye..." he shifted his weight, thinking over the thought as his eyes read across her form. Mother and child, lover and thief...
Perhaps the greatest thief here was she- and not the self proclaimed 'King of Thieves' standing before her. And though at first she started off as his conquest, in the end, it seemed he had gone too deep.

He promised not to love ever again, and he ring had been a reminder of that. Only fools fell in love, only fools went after a woman they could not have-

But that's what he was. A fool. And in the end, he became a famous fool. So he was known for attempting the impossible, he was known for being her lover in the knight- but in the end who was he fooling? In the end, would it even be as simple as goodbye?

"You think too little of our relationship," he went on, smiling, but it was a smile that did not reach his eyes. "It's not really goodbye until the King is dead." Because this sort of love... he knew he could carry to his grave. This was a love he could die for.
And he already knew his fate-

He would die young. And die for her. Whether it would be a broken heart or war, he was too invested. And he was a stubborn man. And he knew there was no way to turn back.

Child or not, that would just keep him away, but he'd always be watching. And he'd always come to her in his dreams.

Ivory

Kathryn had held herself together remarkably well, she thought.  She had been patient and to the point.  And she had tried to be gentle.

But his answer causes a ripple in her mask.  It's a brief glimmer of pain, and she glances away as though she'd been slapped.

Selfish.  Both of them were selfish...

"No," she answers softly.  "You think too much of me, Dekka.  I'm not strong enough to do this.  Not anymore.  I'm certain it will drive me mad."

visualspice

He held his smirk. "Of course I think of you. I think of you all the fucking time. That's the problem, isn't it? This wasn't supposed to be anything other than a fun romp in the sheets."
And now?
Now what was it?

Ivory

"I know," she answers softly.  She had thought that too: something fun, something selfish, something for her and for her alone that no one else knew about.  Somewhere along the way, things had gotten tangled up, and she'd grown to love him...  Hard to say when that had happened, exactly: she cared for her husband, had even fancied herself in love with him, but it had always lacked that spark she felt with Dekka.  But she didn't know if it was never there...or if she had never given him the chance he deserved because of her feelings for a certain thief.

And she hated that.

If he had stayed away, would her life have changed for the better, or was he her anchor?  He drove her crazy, but, at the end of the day, if not for Dekka, she would have burst a long time ago.  And that was the worst part.

"Even if I knew all the things that were to come, I wouldn't have turned you away, Dekka.  Other things, yes, I would have changed...but never you."

visualspice

"You speak of change," he went on carefully, that same, forced smile on his lips. "But does that have to be an option?"

Ivory

"I told you, Dekka," she began again, as if repeating herself might make him understand.  "I can't keep doing this.  Calent and I...for the first time I can remember, we're getting along.  He's trying to change, trying to make it work.  The least I can do is do the same for him."  She stared down at the baby in her arms, who was cheerfully trying to eat her own blanket.  "I can't help but think...  If I had tried harder, if I hadn't been so in love with you...  Maybe that's why things got so bad..."

It would never be a fairy tale love story between them...but if they could find some happiness, some common ground to stand on, as they had done for the last year or so, then maybe this wouldn't be so bad...

visualspice

Dekka made a face, his surprise genuine.
"Are you blaming me for your husband's lack of empathy? For his lack of responsibility? Kathryn... he's the fucking Grand Duke..."

Ivory

"Of course not!  How could I blame you for that?  For any of our problems?"  She was aghast at the very thought!

"It's not your fault.  But it is mine.  At least, partly.  I told myself our marriage didn't matter, that as long as we looked like the perfect couple to everyone, that was all that mattered.  Because I had you.  And then, all of a sudden, you were gone, and I was alone.  And, by then, I had no idea how to pick up the pieces..."