Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Year Nine Connlaothian Civil War Plots

Started by visualspice, January 05, 2015, 04:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

This topic is specifically for the Connloathian Civil War. If interested in participating, please read the information page here before commenting. Thanks!

So as it stands, the eighth year of the civil war ends with the Duchy of Turgall conquering the Duchy of Ajhfeld and freeing mages from the three largest mage camps that were once protected by Fort Dhagh.

Both the Duke of Ajhfeld and the Fort have fallen, and word begins to spread just as the long winter that devastated Connlaoth finally comes to an end. So Connlaothians- though relieved that the harsh winter is over, find a new sort of chaos to be fearful for- as the Grand Duke rushes to address the Duchy of Turgall and everyone is trying to see what will happen next.

And of course that's not all! During a celebratory ball in the Duchy of Hellvion (in the Spring of Year nine of the war), a group of mages bomb the Hellvion Castle.

You can read more about the above mentioned mini-events (the fort dhagh one and the firework's ball) here!

THIS TOPIC IS FOR PEOPLE TO POST THEIR THOUGHTS ON WHAT THEY'D LIKE TO SEE HAPPEN IN YEAR NINE :D
*please note, some ideas might end up not being used, but might end up being a plot or event used in another year! IN THE FUTURE
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

kleineklementine

Quote from: visualspice on January 05, 2015, 04:10:43 PM

And of course that's not all! During a celebratory ball in the Duchy of Hellvion (in the Spring of Year nine of the war), a group of mages bomb the Hellvion Castle.

You can read more about the above mentioned mini-events (the fort dhagh one and the firework's ball) here!

Or will do, eventually, you know, if they get to it... >.>

Anyway, I have to send yo a few ideas on this note!

visualspice

Quote from: Klezmer Gryphon on December 29, 2014, 07:19:45 AM
@visualspice

Would there be any place in the civil war timeline where a witch hunt similar to the Salem Witch Trials would occur? If so, I'd love to run that little event.... Maybe even play the hanging judge.... Mwuhahahahaha! *evil gryphon is evil*

@Klezmer Gryphon - Moving this idea into this section since this is a separate topic to discuss events that will be occurring in year nine (and possibly year ten)

After the events in Hellvion will occur, to appease the Hellvion Duchy, the Grand Duke will personally execute those mages responsible who had been caught in a public hanging in Reajh.

I was talking to klemens about this a bit and I haven't had a chance to use the 'peaceful' revolutionary leader, Katahnia in this event as much as I'd like to (then again- most presume she's dead!)

That being said, this would be a terrific time for her to return! And she can be more or less a figure head as she plots a rescue those on death row.

I'll post a bit more later, but figured I'd post the more solid ideas on this event here so we can start some more discussions on it ^_^

also tags to @R.R. Pebble , @Rhi-Rhi  and @LamiaGirl , who have showed interest in this.

If any others want in- just post here :D This will probably be taking place in like late May? Since the ball is happening in like late April/ early May~
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

ALSO!
@Alegretto and @Wicked Basket and @Moonie
-As far as what The army from Turgall will be doing next- feel free to toss me ideas!
Since the fall of Ajhfeld, and the fact Duke Harmond has yet to find his sister- he would want to hunt after her, hope to find her- but he also has an entire army to lead as well as the wrath of the other duchies and the Grand Duke, who will not approve of what he has done.

Some ideas would be to post some of his army in Ajhfeld to keep it in his control. And being that the news would spread slowly, due to the terribly harsh winter, Blaith's army could also use this as an opportunity to  strike elsewhere, while he still has the element of surprise.

However, fighting won't be the only thing Blaith Harmond does for his duchy- and with his prisoner, a Knight of the White Lily, her presence will actually start to ground Blaith, where he was other wise going insane from his own type of powers.

So yeah- hit me up with your ideas if you got 'em! Let me know what you'd like to see or what your thoughts are on the next big move for he and his men :)

kleineklementine

Quote from: visualspice on January 06, 2015, 08:31:40 AM

@Klezmer Gryphon - Moving this idea into this section since this is a separate topic to discuss events that will be occurring in year nine (and possibly year ten)

After the events in Hellvion will occur, to appease the Hellvion Duchy, the Grand Duke will personally execute those mages responsible who had been caught in a public hanging in Reajh.

I was talking to klemens about this a bit and I haven't had a chance to use the 'peaceful' revolutionary leader, Katahnia in this event as much as I'd like to (then again- most presume she's dead!)

That being said, this would be a terrific time for her to return! And she can be more or less a figure head as she plots a rescue those on death row.

If any others want in- just post here :D This will probably be taking place in like late May? Since the ball is happening in like late April/ early May~

If we go this direction (post-Hellvion Ball), then my character Constance Carwick would almost definitely have to be involved. She's one of the rebel mages responsible for the events at the Hellvion Ball. By the time the "trials" start, she'll be under house arrest in her former home in Wulfbauer, but I can't imagine that if the trials were because of the Hellvion Ball, Constance wouldn't admit that she was responsible and do as much as possible to say no one else was involved. Or as few as possible.

Also! Just a side-note: I think a "fun" aspect of the Witch Trial theme would be to have lots of people who aren't mages be accused of being a mage, etc. Like in the Salem Witch Trials!

visualspice

@kleineklementine
I agree! Innocents should get dragged into it! And if you want, I could put up my character Mae'leena to help Olive escape. She'd sympathize with her to some degree- even if she's SUPER selfish. But I think she has a thing for liking to make Erwin's life difficult lol

kleineklementine

Quote from: visualspice on January 06, 2015, 10:42:24 AM
@kleineklementine
I agree! Innocents should get dragged into it! And if you want, I could put up my character Mae'leena to help Olive escape. She'd sympathize with her to some degree- even if she's SUPER selfish. But I think she has a thing for liking to make Erwin's life difficult lol

The mages are innocent, too!!! (Except for Constance and a few others...)

I might just figure out a way to shut Olive up. ALSO, my other character Silas was also actually involved in the planning of the Hellvion Ball attack.

visualspice

Quote from: kleineklementine on January 06, 2015, 10:49:02 AM
@kleineklementine

The mages are innocent, too!!! (Except for Constance and a few others...)

PFFFFFFT
No they're not 8D

Cambie

Quote from: visualspice on January 06, 2015, 08:55:47 AM
ALSO!
@Alegretto and @Wicked Basket and @Moonie

Since the fall of Ajhfeld, and the fact Duke Harmond has yet to find his sister- he would want to hunt after her, hope to find her- but he also has an entire army to lead as well as the wrath of the other duchies and the Grand Duke, who will not approve of what he has done.

GOOD LUCK!

@kleineklementine

D<

But really, this all sounds really fun. I could probably throw Luc in on the hanging deal, get some use out of him before I kill him off.

visualspice

@Cambie  You're not off the hook, sir!
We have to figure out what way for Aryn and Kella to run!

Vyraena

Hey spice, Erik would love nothing more than to hunt down and execute mages, so if there's anything he could fit into here that would be nice. I'm sure there would be something he can do.

Also, Sinestra would likely be willing to join the pro-mage side of the war. It wouldn't be out of the question for her to travel through Connlaoth. If anyone on the pro-mage side of the war could use a talented archer, wind magic user, and killer, she would gladly join the cause.

Edit: Faelen would also like to get in on the mage killing action!

visualspice

I'll look into these when I have a moment, but wanted to point out I'm still seeking ideas for the direction of the Duke of Turgall's army. After not finding his sister when he took down Ajhfeld Castle and Fort Dhagh, he has to make a decision-

Try to use his entire army to go after her (which is like finding a needle in a hay stack- as this is occurring in the middle of the very bad winter), or he could try to return to Turgall to recooperate and attempt to figure out his next plans.

The problem with that is-
His duchy is quite close to the capital, so it might be too risky to simply return home. It's possible he could keep his army in Ajhfeld to establish his hold on it a bit better.

Let me know what you think: @Moonie , @Alegretto and @Wicked Basket  ~

Alegretto

Personally I think Tertius would advise Blaithe to use the winter time to rouse up more recruits from Ajhfeld. He'd tell him that it's the perfect opportunity to make sure his forces are ready to continue conquest in the summer, and that it would be better to recuperate during this harsh time when the Grand Duke is less likely to be able to retaliate.

Zero

Lillian would agree with Tertius(begrudgingly, she's currently classified as Blaith's prisoner, after all). Of course she would also suggest that Blaith move to gain her father as an ally rather than an enemy, before Micah makes that call himself.

visualspice

Thanks guys for your input! If you'd like, we can rp that out, or just simply imply it's happen and moves things along~

Alegretto

I'm also down for either. Though it would be kind of nice for there to be a thread where they basically have a war council, and maybe that way the characters all have an opportunity to express their thoughts (whether out loud or just as thoughts).

visualspice

ohh.. I like that idea.
That's sort of where my and @Wicked Basket 's thread is kind of going, so we could do that while Blaith is figuring out his plan of action. It's also sorta where the thread with Blaith and Lily has left off, too (more or less). @Moonie - thoughts?

visualspice

@Alegretto and @Moonie
I'm going to work on a war council of sorts, thread, and will post the link here once it's up :)
Not sure how long the thread will be but at least it can help us move the thread along organically :)

R.R. Pebble

Poking to see if there is still any interest in the Witch Trials plot?

I've got some time next week and would love to get that off the ground if folks are still interested.

poking at Klezmer Gryphon because I believe it was your idea to start out with....

visualspice

I'd be interested, @R.R. Pebble.
I just have to figure out what character I'd use >_>