Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Söl-Ruhtin Clan

Started by Klezmer Gryphon, February 11, 2016, 02:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klezmer Gryphon

The Söl-Ruhtin Clan

Based in the rocks and crevices of the Moraki Desert, the Söl-Ruhtin clan is a mishmash of Essyrni humans and Morrahlique tribals who make a living through scavenging and banditry. They are one of the older desert clans in the area, stretching back twenty generations, and have earned a reputation as fierce, merciless warriors who cling to the small parcel of land they carved out to call home.

Who may join, and how?

While anyone may technically become part of the Söl-Ruthin, here are really only three ways of joining; being born into it, being recruited because you impress them, or being enslaved after one of their raids. Members born into the clan, and members recruited because of their skill have the full benefits and perks of membership, including a share of looted equipment, warm food and the ability to come and go from the clan's territory as one pleases (so long as notice is given).

Slaves, on the other hand, have very little rights, although unlike those found in Essyrn, they are not forced to wear veils or fight each other in an arena, nor do they belong to one individual; slaves belong to the clan as a whole. Slaves of the Söl-Ruhtin are confined mainly to menial labour and chores, and are treated with decency so long as they do what they are told and don't ask too many questions.

Id-Êssir, an entire town carved into a sandstone canyon face that the Söl-Ruhtin call home. Constructed long before its current inhabitants arrived, the settlement runs many yards along the face of the canyon it is carved into, with buildings built into the wall, and tents nestled into the nooks and crannies. With the Niafi River running through the canyon system, it's inhabitants are insured a steady supply of water, although plant life is scarce among the rocks.

Government & Power Structure

The government of the Söl-Ruhtin clan is a crude representative monarchy, an amalgamation of Essyrni and Morrahlique traditions tempered by the harsh living conditions of the Moraki desert.

Khaghan- The head of the clan, the Khaghan of the Söl-Ruhtin is an inherited position, passed on from parent to child, irrespective of gender or age, and can be either human or Morrahlique. He/She is the executor of the laws of the clan, and is the ultimate arbiter in disputes; they also act as military leader, and lead raids on villages and towns. However, their authority has boundaries; if the current Khaghan is considered weak, abusive with power, or otherwise unfit to rule, the governing council, the Laqrii, may vote to depose them and install a new Khaghan.

The current Khaghan is Rashid Nadjezimi.

The Laqrii- The main governing body of the clan, the Laqrii is composed of nine members, five elected by the general membership of the clan, four appointed by the Khaghan. The council enacts laws, indicts and condemns criminals (with the Khaghan presiding over the trial), and manages the finances of the clan. The five elected positions are voted on every two years, while the four appointed positions are held for the life time of the current Khaghan.

Known Members

Will be updated with a table once people join

JackieCat

Hi!

I was wondering if the positions of any of the Laqrii are open to be played?
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Klezmer Gryphon

@JackieCat

The elected Laqrii are available to play. :) However, as I have not yet typed up the Khaghan's profile, please bear in mind that the appointed Laqrii members are not open yet (since we don't know what the Khaghan is like, who they'd want on the council, etc.).

JackieCat

Okay, thank's for letting me know!
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Klezmer Gryphon

@JackieCat

And now that the Khaghan is up, feel free to PM me with plot ideas!

Klezmer Gryphon

Magyar

Yo, I'm making an Elf-Orc. Generally shunned by both parent races, being seen as an abomination, they have to make or find their own clans. Could this work?

Klezmer Gryphon

@Magyar
While the majority of the population in the Söl-Rhutin clan are either Essyrni humans or Morrahlique (description linked in the OP if you're curious), I don't see a problem with an Elf-Orc as a full member, so long as they're a decent warrior and respect its laws.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the clan or how it operates. :)

Magyar