Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Mountain Cats

Started by visualspice, January 08, 2015, 08:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Mountain Cats

Objective
A semi-organized gang of criminals that has no real ranking system aside from reputation and ability to deliver. There is only one leader, but they hardly do any of the real dirty work, instead, they're more or less the intelligence behind the operation, even if they themselves don't run all of the heists the gang conducts. Most of their conduct is done on the roads outside of the city, and it's nearby villages, but they, on occasion, will venture into Arca, or any other city for that matter. The Mountain Cats also have a presence in Cerenis, doing some dirty dealings on the docks.

The basic wants and needs of this gang are to raise the reputation of the Mountain Cats, and well- bring in money, and by any means possible. They steal, cheat, murder, sell drugs- you name it, they've probably done it. And they're more of a hit and run operation than anything. And normally what they conduct are large heists rather than small one shot gigs. They especially love traveling noblemen or their caravan's. That's just a walking bag of coins as far as their concerned but some of their primary income comes from the drugs they sell- an exotic mixture they acquire from an unknown supplier in Cerenis.

3. Who may join?
Criminals that can prove their worth to the leader. Though technically anyone can simply join and call themselves a Mountain Cat, but if you face the ire of the leader, or any of your fellow cats, you can find yourself more than kicked out since you might wind up dead.

Also, one thing of interest to those willing to join- once you are labeled a Mountain Cat, you'll be one for life. If you ever try to leave, the other cats will make it their duty to kill you.

Organization Location
The Scratching Post- The foothills just outside of Arca, the primary location for Mountain Cat Activities and Gatherings. The cats have taken over an abandoned old castle that has since been lost to time. Some fortifications have been made, but to give the illusion it's still abandoned, it's pretty much left to continue it's rubbling demise.
The Fish Stick- A second main headquarters in Cerenis. This is a ship that usually stays in harbor but from time to time will do some traveling- in order to prevent any suspicion or lack there of.

Rivals
Soot Wolves
Ever since the Soot Wolves have grown and been taking over a bigger territory, it has ended up over lapping with where the Mountain Cats usually work. And not a fan of dogs, these cats are pissed.

Current Members and Ranks
Khanna Dey- official gang leader
Captain Tomcat- captain of 'The Fish Stick'
Crowe- rogue
Venus- Thief, Pickpocket, Assassin
Nelly Snow- whatever the occasion calls for? 8D
Valeska Horst - associate (not a true member)
Clint West- new member, still 'proving' his worth to the gang

Npcs
Bear Skull- a powerful man both physically and magically. He's more or less the protector of the Mountain Cats turf. Come too close and likely you'll run into him. Manage to get past him, and you're in for even more hell. Bear Skull isn't a native to these lands, with dark skin and hair and a massive body, reaching over seven feet in height. And the magic he possesses aren't properly catagorized just yet- as it seems he's able to delve into darker magics that really stick.
He tends to wear clothing that's a mix of Adelan and Duhjari, and normally has feathers, leather and beads twisted into his hair. His body also has many scars and tattoos, each one telling a story- a story in which he can not share, for he is mute and can not speak. Rumor has it he wasn't mute until he joined the Cats. But he has yet to verify any of that. Bear Skull also tends to stick to himself, keeping vigilante watch of the area and little else. Though on occasion, he'll be seen going on missions- but these are rare.

MORE INFORMATION TO COME!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Vyraena

Here's my Mountain Cat character!

Lilian Starry, though she goes by Venus!

Lion

Calls himself Hadrian as a regular name, but prefers Crowe as his professional alias.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

So I was thinking since we were getting some interest in this 'gang', that perhaps I'd create a group thread that's a celebration of sorts- perhaps because of some newly acquired 'money' or 'victory' of some sort, that would have the Post lively. Thoughts?
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Vyraena

Sounds good to me spice! Some drugs and drinking, ya know, the usual. xD

visualspice

Quote from: Vyraena on January 10, 2015, 06:40:47 PM
Sounds good to me spice! Some drugs and drinking, ya know, the usual. xD
But of course XD
and I figure it can be a nice place for the characters to all interact, who wish to do so~

Vyraena

visualspice

TIME TO CELEBRATE

Anyone who wishes to join in, I've posted an open, group thread here.
The thread is basically about the group celebrating over the recent procurement of a lot of stolen, black powder :D

visualspice

An 'Npcs' list has been added :)
So far there's just one npc, but feel free to use him if you'd like, just make sure you mark it here so I know what the npc is up to :)

Currently, this new npc 'Bear Skull' has caught someone trespassing far too closely to the Mountain Cat's Post in this thread here.

Ethereal-Star

I want to make a character for this, but at the current moment, I don't really know what. I have a partial idea or the makings of one, but nothing definite yet. We'll see.

Lion

Make one!  We need all the cats we can get!

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

I'm still rolling over the idea of making two more myself XD

Ethereal-Star

I will eventually, just need to come up with a solid idea first.

visualspice

As the Mountain Cats don't have a proper order as far as ranking goes, I was thinking that there might be some rumbles and potential thoughts that the guild will break up, or fight amongst itself, or rather be reformed by someone else eyeing the leader's position, but I'll have to think on it XD

Valeska Horst- might have something to do with this. :|
As she has a personal vendetta against the current leader of the Soot Wolves, and Khanna Dey may or may not take kindly to her trying to ally goblins with Mountain Cats behind her back...
Could be an interesting plot device to play with in the future :D

@DaGlobster - who's roleplaying Smed, the leader of the goblins XD

Wicked Basket

You already started a civil war in Connlaoth and now you want to start another within the Mountain Cats? Or will it be Valeska and her goblin horde trying to conquer the Scratching Post and the Mountain Cats still loyal to Khanna will defend it?

visualspice

I have no idea XD
Depends on the outcome of this other thread, but we shall see!
and I guess I do see a trend developing here >_>

Wicked Basket

Well, Tomcat would definitely stick by Khanna's side regardless seeing as he is Khanna's friend and all.

visualspice

omg, the party thread has turned into a glitter infested brawl 8D
I love it <3

kleineklementine

I have someone to contribute! Flitch! She's more of a thief and information-gatherer than fighter or assassin.

Is the group thread still going on?

Lion

Quote from: kleineklementine on February 16, 2015, 01:12:01 AM
I have someone to contribute! Flitch! She's more of a thief and information-gatherer than fighter or assassin.

Is the group thread still going on?

It is!  Welcome to the CATS!

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Tags: