Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ruins of Old [open to The Elementalists' Guild members]

Started by Ethereal-Star, February 03, 2015, 04:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

@Ahnnie @Wicked Basket

The day was bright and sunny in the northern parts of Serendipity. A slight but gentle breeze blew through Dilwen's hair, their blue and purple locks complete with streaks of white that never ceased to amaze her adopted parents. The storm mage healer gathered what she needed for the quest ahead in her room at home, picking up her orb implement, sword and some bandages to stuff into her pack that was sitting on the bed. Brushing back a stray piece of hair, Dilwen nodded to herself with confidence. She was all ready to set off. Well, minus her companions that is. Gen and Noelle would be accompanying her on this retrieval mission as she most definitely was not going alone. Even though the ruins of the fortress they were to go to was likely abandoned, it was better to be safe than sorry.

The Elementalists' Guild had tasked three of its members to go find and bring back some unknown object of power. What this object was exactly, they didn't know. Only that through the guild's magical resources, they had detected a strong energy output emanating from somewhere inside that old fortress.  An energy output which was most definitely elemental in nature. Something like that must not be left lying around, for who knew what trouble it could cause? What sort of nasties would get their grubby hands on it and use for their own devious purposes? Dilwen fully agreed with the guild's decision to go get this magical artifact and she'd offered up her voluntary services to help with this. While the mission would pay well which while that was also enticing, it was not the main reason Dilwen chose to go.

There was also the fact that the guild, while they could detect the energy, could not pinpoint the exact whereabouts of this mysterious item. Only that it was there in those ruins somewhere. Going out the door of her home Dilwen walked down the streets of Darken Vei, nodding and waving to those who passed by her in a friendly gesture. She was to meet her companions at the guild HQ entrance outside its doors. The walk was uneventful, for the storm mage healer soon arrived there and saw her fellow guild members waiting by the front of the building with its two massive quartz crystal pillars.

Dilwen smiled at them and said, "All set?"

Wicked Basket

It wasn't often that Gen got to do much for the Guild since he traveled so much, so when the opportunity presented itself he jumped at the chance. It wasn't anything exciting, simply going to retrieve an artifact, but it was still for the Guild. Being ready to travel all the time since he constantly did so, Gen was already at the place that the three of them were designated to meet at. He had been sitting cross-legged on the ground in meditation when Dilwen arrived.

"I'm always set," Gen told her. "How have you been?"

Ethereal-Star

"Oh, I've been doing just fine really. Thanks for asking!"

Dilwen looked over to Noelle and then back over to Gen before saying, "So I hope this mission will prove fruitful and that we'll find the object in question. Should prove to be very interesting. It's not that often I get to traipse around old ruins, so it should be a new learning experience!"

Looking over to the snow mage, Dilwen asked, "So how have you been, Noelle?"

Ahnnie

Noelle was absolutely ecstatic to go on this mission. She felt that she could finally prove her use to the guild once and for all, even if she was just a mediocre mage. She and Gen had been waiting for Dilwen to arrive at the HQ's entrance, standing by the pillars in the breeze of the cool day. When Dilwen arrived, she and Gen exchanged some pleasantries first before the greetings turned to Noelle.

"So how have you been, Noelle?"

"Great," the white haired girl said with a smile. "I'm all set for the trip." She had her pack, her staff, her lucky amulet...what could go wrong?

Wicked Basket

(OOC Can you please not use white font? It's hard to see. :( )

"Then what are we waiting for," Gen asked getting to his feet. "We're wasting daylight."

Ethereal-Star

"I agree." Dilwen concurred. "So, let's get started, yes?"

The walk to the ruins included passing by a small wooded area that was said to be home to some kind of witch with powers over fire and foresight. The witch was reclusive and was not really seen that often, except for her coming outside at night to collect various herbs and plants for some purpose. Other than that, she kept to herself in a small white cottage with a sundial and fountain outside it, the only indications that somebody lived there. Dilwen and comrades passed by this cottage about several yards away. The drapes were drawn over the windows and not a sound from within could be heard. It was always like that so they continued on with not much of a look back. At least not Dilwen. She was eager to get to the ruins to complete their given task.

A couple streets and signposts later, they were nearing their destination. Dilwen decided to bring up some idle conversation to lighten the mood up some more and also to get to know her fellow guild members better.

She asked Gen first, "So I know you like to travel a lot. Where do you go if I may ask and what kind of experiences does that provide for you?"

To Noelle, Dilwen asked her, "So how's life with your extended family been lately? Any news on that front?"

Wicked Basket

"I go everywhere really," Gen replied thoughtfully. "Usually my travel is dictated by the location where a tournament is being held, but I generally go where I like. It's a great feeling having the freedom to choose when and where you go. There's nothing to hold me back but my own inhibitions."