Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Dark Is Not What It Seems [open]

Started by Ethereal-Star, February 04, 2015, 03:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

Haunted cries in the dark. Wailing sounds like that of a banshee could be heard throughout the desert of glass.  Blackened shapes coalesced and gathered in one place, only to disappear and reform in another. And still the night lingered on, the promise of mystery to be had for many a traveler as they heard these cries, those sounds of keening. Tales had been told from near and far by many people, both civilized and wilderness folks alike. Stories of a woman of the night, a spirit dressed in what seemed like the very shadows themselves. Of a woman who was both seeking solace and vengeance, for a reason they knew not. Those who came upon her would only get the barest of details and when the light of morning came around, she was already gone. Disappeared to a place beyond places. No one knew exactly where.

It was here on one of the glass dunes of Seraj Isa, a thin figure in black could be seen. She was weeping, dark mascara seeming to drip down her face as she sobbed there in the dark. Her grayish hair framed her angular face, indigo lips set in dusky colored features. The darkness around her seemed thicker as though she were born of the very night itself. For some time, this strange woman sat there crying her heart out, only to stop occasionally before starting up again.

"Aaeeiiiiiiiiiii!" The sound reverberated throughout the glassy landscape, sure to attract attention from someone, somewhere.

((This thread features my character Willow, a night spirit, in case anyone's wondering.))

Lloyd Orodelo

Éloïc was wandering all on his own in the the desert. First time since he passed away because , anyway, he doesn't remember if he did when he was alive. He was walking since ages, not knowing why he should stop nor why he was walking. "I just felt like it." he thought out loud.
     His soul was emanating a pale blue glimmer, illuminating his surroundings faintly, and the air around him was drastically colder. The sand behind him had frozen footsteps from where his feet were 'touching' ground. His hair was in a sort of continuous motion, even though the wind died hours ago.

A sound, like a screech broke the silence of the night, making Éloïc jump and look around for the source of that noise.
     Over there on that dune, someone was sitting there! Éloïc ran as fast as he could, trying to join the shape quickly. As he reached the thing, its shape was getting sharper. A woman? alone, here in the desert? Éloïc's curiosity was at its highest.

"Excuse me, miss? Are you lost?" He asked with a wide smile up on his face. The smile kinda diminished when he finally heard the sobbing and saw the face the other person had. "Is something wrong?" he asked again, crouching next to her.

Ethereal-Star

When the ghost child came nearer to Willow, she turned her head and immediately stopped her sobbing. She smiled at him as though nothing were wrong at all. The night spirit recognized a lost soul when she saw one, for indeed he was lost. Somewhat like her, the mysterious woman supposed.

"Helllooo!" Willow greeted, her voice coming out in a somewhat eerie way. "Why walk alone?" she asked him. "Do you seek solace as well?"

Lloyd Orodelo

Éloïc sat next to woman, gazing into the distance. " I walk alone because I am lost. Therefore I chose the path of the wanderer to find who I was. I wouldn't be here if there wasn't a purpose for me." He turned his head toward the lady. "My name is Éloïc and I am dead! What is your name, Miss?"
    His smile was up on his face again. He used his hands to lift himself from the ground and made a 90' turn towards Willow. " I don't know who is this Solace person, but I will help you find it if you allow me."

Ethereal-Star

Willow looked sad again, her smile disappearing from her face momentarily. "Solace is so difficult to find." she half-wailed, half-said this to the ghost child.

The night spirit then looked brightly again at Eloic and told him her name. "My name is Willooow." She said nothing in response to his statement about being dead, as Willow already knew that. It was why he was lost as normally one didn't see little boys wandering the glass desert, alone at that.

Willow then grew quiet, as though in deep contemplation. The mascara running down her face seemed to dry, but one might guess as to whether she always looked like that or not. It was a strange thing, for she was strange to all who came across her. Sometimes it would seem to Eloic that she almost disappeared entirely into the surrounding shadows as though she were only partially there.

Then the night spirit uttered a word which broke the silence, a simple, single word that would mean nothing to anyone else but her. "Darkness..." Then she said, "Yes, let's go find solace!" With that, Willow got up and started walking.

Tags: