Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

More Than Ships Will Sink [Connlaothian Civil War Mini-Event]

Started by visualspice, April 03, 2015, 09:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Pffft, this is a HELLVION vessel lol
gotta show that Allarrian duchy who's boss D<

If I'm going the trouble route and reasoning where the Duchess of Hellvion takes over after her husband's 'unfortunate' death; she could name it 'The Hellvion Goddess' (or just THE GODDESS)- in tribute to a new ruling society in her duchy, and she being the 'first' of many females that ought to rule.

thoughts?
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

IcarusDescension

'The Goddess.' I like it. Sufficiently impressive and self-aggrandizing. I imagine a die-hard mariner going more for the name of a goddess specifically, rather than the word 'goddess'. However if the queen was of the more self-absorbed type she might not care. Besides which inventing a mythology just to name a ship might admittedly be more trouble than it's worth assuming one hasn't already been created.

If there's no suitable goddess from which to name it I'd say Hellvion Goddess is an excellent name!

So there's my two-cents worth (and a tip besides just because I'm so nice! See how I used two words for every one that was actually necessary like this totally useless sentence I'm writing now? Bonus 50 words! Tip! You're welcome...)

Click this button to get Icarus to shut-up already... WARNING: Shameless and unjustified tears may result.

kleineklementine

Quote from: visualspice on April 11, 2015, 12:11:38 PM
Pffft, this is a HELLVION vessel lol
gotta show that Allarrian duchy who's boss D<

If I'm going the trouble route and reasoning where the Duchess of Hellvion takes over after her husband's 'unfortunate' death; she could name it 'The Hellvion Goddess' (or just THE GODDESS)- in tribute to a new ruling society in her duchy, and she being the 'first' of many females that ought to rule.

thoughts?

Where is it going to port or be built, etc.? Since Hellvion is as far away from the sea as possible?

Also, I might contribute a refugee mage who spent all their money (or stole a bunch...) to get the worst class ticket to escape Connlaoth... Where is it sailing to? Not sure if that idea works or not...

Edit: OR if it's sailing say to Serendipity, Lily and Riley could be on it.  D:

visualspice

Hellvion actually is the only duchy on the western boarder that has a small bit of ocean access.
At least how its kinda implies when I drew this map :T
Though the port would be surrounded by .. THE CLIFFS OF INSANITY
The map for reference: http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=18376.msg226292#msg226292

Edit: and I havent decided where. Maybe its maiden voyage is an around the world sea voyage of some kind and is meant to stop at various ports? Like it could head North, first before moving out to Yoreiq, then it could return to the main continent and travel up the coast.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Also to answer your question, Icarus, yes, the Duchess is that vain. There is no dominant goddess in Connlaoth, so she, or course, would refer to the Goddess being based off herself.

kleineklementine

Quote from: visualspice on April 12, 2015, 08:33:16 AM
Hellvion actually is the only duchy on the western boarder that has a small bit of ocean access.
At least how its kinda implies when I drew this map :T
Though the port would be surrounded by .. THE CLIFFS OF INSANITY
The map for reference: http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=18376.msg226292#msg226292

Edit: and I havent decided where. Maybe its maiden voyage is an around the world sea voyage of some kind and is meant to stop at various ports? Like it could head North, first before moving out to Yoreiq, then it could return to the main continent and travel up the coast.

Aha! I was thinking of the old Connlaoth map.

Since it's just iceberg-laden frozen north to the north, what if it went down the western coast of Le'ranna, with the grand finish as Yoreiq?

Also, in that case, the purpose of the ship is to flaunt money and power? Not military anything? But a "luxury tour of Le'ranna's west coast" with the finish in Yoreiq could make sense for:

1) War-weary nobles who can afford to "put the war behind them" by traveling on the ship!
2) Wealthy draft-dodgers! Assuming there's a nation-wide draft in affect by this point.
3) People who want to go so far and then escape to places outside of Connlaoth (Niahi, Essryn, Adela, I guess?)... so desperate mages, war refugees, and the like. Both wealthy ones "above deck" and poor ones "below deck."

What do you think?

Edit: Starting with the coast of Le'ranna would also make more sense for travelers who can't afford to do the WHOLE trip. Then just the really rich and fancy people will do the grand finale tour to Yoreiq.

visualspice

visualspice

ATTENTION!JUST SO IT'S NOTED SOMEWHERE, THIS EVENT WILL TAKE PLACE THE SPRING OF YEAR TEN OF THE WAR.

(*unless I make a huge update to the civil war timeline, then it could become Year Nine)

visualspice

So I had a thought that while this is taking place, (Hellvion trying to one up the Grand Duke and his supporters with its opulence and moooonies), that the Grand Duke might do the same? Perhaps he's having an entire church erected for him? or some such? Something on a very Grand Scale that can be a place all nobles can come to and pilgrimage in hops to pray more 'fervently' to Angsar to be rid of the mage problem!

kleineklementine

Quote from: visualspice on April 12, 2015, 10:31:11 AM
...YEAR TEN OF THE WAR.

(*unless I make a huge update to the civil war timeline, then it could become Year Nine)
It wouldn't really be so major. Just cut "Year Eight" from where it currently is, and paste it where "Year Nine" is. Ditto for Year Nine/Year Ten. ;D *Obnoxious Detail Stickler!*

Quote from: visualspice on May 06, 2015, 02:24:31 AM
So I had a thought that while this is taking place, (Hellvion trying to one up the Grand Duke and his supporters with its opulence and moooonies), that the Grand Duke might do the same? Perhaps he's having an entire church erected for him? or some such? Something on a very Grand Scale that can be a place all nobles can come to and pilgrimage in hops to pray more 'fervently' to Angsar to be rid of the mage problem!

I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!! Especially because big cathedral type things take like a hundred years and LOTS OF RESOURCES AND MAN POWER to construct. That would be great if Calent diverted resources and money from the people during the time of war. And presumably the laborers would have to be old men and women, since young fit men are in the army. (Or foreigners!) Etc!

visualspice

yeah :D
If I have more thoughts on this I'll post it later..

and yeah I know some of the details/ info is muddled XD
oh well *too lazy to fix atm*

and.. I'm on vacation :T

kleineklementine

visualspice

kleineklementine

Since we're bumping this topic, I'd like to say that I still really love this idea! Directing resources and manpower to building an opulent church instead of rebuilding a torn apart country would just be the ultimate in, "Wtf, seriously, Calent?" And I think could stoke a lot of political drama!

Winters-Feather

ive a mermaid that could potentially save (or eat) people!

visualspice

I'm hoping come August, I'll have this plot underway. Sooooo, just bumping this thread to see who has interest in the Grand Ship and Grand Church ideas.

Jounin64

Do you think my guild The Clinic could get involved because The Witch Doctor has agents all over the duchies so one of his agents could be on the ship to gather information on it.

visualspice

Quote from: kleineklementine on June 02, 2015, 12:02:35 PM

Since we're bumping this topic, I'd like to say that I still really love this idea! Directing resources and manpower to building an opulent church instead of rebuilding a torn apart country would just be the ultimate in, "Wtf, seriously, Calent?" And I think could stoke a lot of political drama!

SO yeah- TWO events are in the works!

ONE- a large church is going to be erected in Reajh in Grand Duke Allarrick's honor.
And
TWO- the GODDESS will have her maiden voyage! And you know, sink like the titanic >_>

Again, toss me ideas and we can get this boat moving 8D
and this church.. er.. built? 8D

I was looking for political and religious fanatics who fervently support Calent and are one of the driving forces behind this building idea.

Also, looking for people who might be high ranking guests of the Goddess or some of the passengers of the poorer variety :T

kleineklementine

Quote from: visualspice on July 14, 2015, 02:00:18 PM

ONE- a large church is going to be erected in Reajh in Grand Duke Allarrick's honor.
And
TWO- the GODDESS will have her maiden voyage! And you know, sink like the titanic >_>

Again, toss me ideas and we can get this boat moving 8D
and this church.. er.. built? 8D

Be prepared for some grumpy letters from Wulfbauer! Giant church indeed! D:<

visualspice

I also had a thought for some Ahjfeld plottings (or even stuff with the duchy of Allar) in regards to some minor noble rising up to claim his 'own land' and might use my character Attalia to flood the area around his castle so only people he wants to let in are allowed, sort of thing. Thinking this guy might try to start his own 'kingdom'- but yeah, if you have any thoughts on that, post 'em here :D