Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Alone and in Feari

Started by JackieCat, April 08, 2015, 09:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

The feari hissed as it crouched on the top of the tall building.  Hissing again, it spread its small wings and glided to the next rooftop.  It landed softly, its long spined tail waving around it and its clawed hands and feet gripping the roof.  It opened its wide mouth and let its long black tongue snake out of its toothed maw to taste the air.  It looked down off of the edge of the building, its black eyes flicking about, looking to to the street below, where people bustled about, not seeing the black creature far above them.

The feari leaped on to the next building and then the small creature climbed vertically down the wall of the building and into a small secluded dead-end alleyway.  It crouched on the ground and looked around the small space, its large black eyes glowing slightly red in the dark space.  It sighed and sat back.

People thought that all feari were mindless cruel monsters who killed soldiers and innocents alike, the only gain was for the pleasure that it brought them.  But there were some feari who were actually good, and who just wanted to be accepted.  Those feari were usually killed when they came out into the light.  People feared them and killed them before the feari head time to explain itself.

The feari leaped on four legs behind a pile of rubbish in the alleyway.  It curled up in a ball, wrapping its tail around itself and spreading its wings over its body.  The feari didn't think that anyone would find it in the alleyway, the pathway out to the street was narrow and long, but there's was always a chance. . .
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

AR_29

Valyn tore across the last bit of flesh on the leg of the corpse in his "workshop". His bone saw was getting too dull for the amount of work it saw. He needed a new one soon if he was to keep on the pace he needed to be comfortable. Though his kill rate was on the rise, Valyn still needed more.

More blood.

More specimens.

More fun.

The cleanup was quick and efficient as Valyn packaged the limbs into nice neat bags and tossed into the alleys of Essyrn with other offhand trash. He wiped his new coat and began back.

He stopped and turned slowly, tilting his head and assuming a confused look. Is that...? Oh lord well what is she doing out here?

He knelt down, "Come here, girl."

JackieCat

The feari hissed as the bag hit it on the head.  It shot to a crouch, teeth bared, ready for a fight.  Then it saw the bag of rubbish lying next to it.  It sniffed the air, wait, that wasn't just rubbish, something else was in there.  Something that smelled good.

The feari tore open the bag and saw what was inside.  Though the feari wasn't evil, it still liked to eat all meat.  It was about to take a bite when a thought struck it.  Who had thrown this bag?  And why did they have a bag of body parts?  Then the feari heard a voice and peered over the pile of garbage.

An elf man was crouching in the alleyway, and the feari slowly started to climb over the rubbish pile towards him, curious about why he had had a bag of body parts.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

AR_29

Valyn sighed, taking a few steps closer to the faeri taking good care not to dirty his boots. He smiled and pet the creature as it looked back up after tearing into the bag.

"Well would you look at that?" he said smiling and petting the creature," A bag of body parts. Looks like someone had a long night." His smile turned sideways, almost looking like a beast in a children's tale tearing a man limb from limb... which Valyn very well might be.

"Why don't you come with me? I have a nice home... and lots of meat for you."

JackieCat

The feari narrowed its eyes and took a step back as the elf touched it.  It hissed warily, the same smell of the bag was on this elf, but it was fainter, a human wouldn't have been able to smell it.  It cocked its head to the side, the elf had said he had meat, and the feari was hungry, very hungry, but it didn't much like the look in the elf's eyes.

It could just eat the meat in the bag, it realized, but that wouldn't last very long, then it would be starving again. The feari tried to speak, but only a long hiss came out of its mouth.  The creature tried again, and the words were so full off hisses and growls it was hard to understand.

"Who are yousssss?"

My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

AR_29

He tilted his head with the creature, almost mocking it," They call me Valyn... but I do get the occasional "artist", "Monster", "freak", "creep", and every once in a while I get one I particularly enjoy which is-" He stopped himself noticing the creatures growing discontent.

"Well... What should I call you, my new dearest faeri friend?"

JackieCat

Monster, freak, creep?  Weren't those bad things? The feari thought.  It didn't really want to go with this elf, it didn't like his demeanor.  Then the feari winced as a sharp pain pierced its stomach.  It was starving.  The feari looked into the elf's eyes and knew them that it did not want to go with him.  It would eat the meat in the bag, that would hold back the hunger until it found some more food.

The feari shook its head, slowly retreating back behind the pile of garbage.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

AR_29

Valyn sighed," Very well little one." He rose and brushed off his overcoat, getting the loose sand and dust off its edge," It is your loss. Though if you want something more consistent than what lays in that bag, you could follow me back to my home. I plan on having a delicious meal tonight."

JackieCat

The feari looked at the bag, then back to the elf, then to the bag, back to the elf.  It hissed in pain as its stomach twinged again.  It could feel its heart beating wildly.  This choice could change its whole life.

It hissed quietly and slowly slinked over to the elf, eyes downcast.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

AR_29

Valyn turned and pretended not to notice the faeri following behind him as he made his way past the alleys back to his personal apartments which had been behind his tailor shop. With a click he opened the door to his apartment and held it open for the faeri," Come on, deary. I'm sure you can make yourself comfortable here." he said with a bright smile and a nice effeminate tone that was welcoming and kind.

He began in behind the feline into his home. It was a very open space with only one wall that covered his chamber pot and washroom from the rest of his home. The apartment had a beautiful contemporary decorum of white and beige with little blue mixed into the interior design. He hung his coat on a coat rack and unbuttoned his vest, leaving it open over his chest. He threw his keys over his desk and began into the main room of his house. It was an open space with multiple mannequins and various materials and tools laid out. He went to the corner of the room and cleared a large space for the faeri, laying soft silks over a pillow .

"Here, little one." He said, gesturing to the now prepared space," You may sleep there." he began towards his makeshift kitchen which was littered by work-in-progress drawings and new designs for clothing," I'll be cooking soon, little one. Do not fret. But until then-" he pulled a piece of meat from his magical icebox in which he procured when he first moved to Essyrn.Spoiled meat is absolutely dreadful. Thank the maker for this. He tossed the faeri a piece of meat.

JackieCat

The feari followed Valyn to his home, all the while wary of him.  They got there and when they went inside the elf tossed the feari a piece of meat.  The creature leaped onto it immediately, devouring it within seconds.

But as soon as it was finished it retreated back into a shadowy corner of the room.  It's wary eyes locked upon Valyn.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

AR_29

"Oh don't act as if I'm so suspicious." he laughed, taking his vest off and throwing it on a table. Valyn slipped off his boots as well and began undoing his jewelry. Earrings of silver made specifically for a male elf and bracelets with intricate designs. His clothing was almost as fanciful as the Shah's and he dare say that the clothes he made were even better than hers.

"Make yourself at home, deary." he took a seat and opened a book," What shall I call you? Certainly a name must be given to you."

JackieCat

The feari stayed in the corner, but it hissed, "I don't have namessssss." It watched Valyn sit down and pick up a book, but it didn't move. "Why did you have the bag of body partsssss?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor