Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The World Beyond (Closed)

Started by Aleron, April 09, 2015, 01:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

Kinn joined Aleron's attack with his own power, and then the K'la'teth turned and fled, the monkeys following. There was a moment of silence.

And then the K'la'teth reared back over the trees and swooped into the clearing.  It flew towards Kinn at a breakneck speed, and it hit his sphere of light with a resounding crash.  But the sphere did not break.

Kinn grit his teeth. "Aleron!" he called. "If we combine our forces we can destroy it!"

And Kinn sent a constant stream of light at the K'la'teth, it writhed and screeched, and Kinn knew that if Aleron joined him, the thing would die for sure.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Aleron

Aleron stammered for a moment, but quickly knew what to do. Though he was weak, and his power reserve almost depleted, he brought any last bits or energy to the surface. Taking a deep breath, the golden light surged fr his body and hit the k'la'teth dead on. The being screamed one last time before it reared it's head up and exploded. Sizzling flecks of matter wafted down to the camp floor, but it was all over. The darkness was sucked into the sky and the starlight was restored. But it remainders cold, suggesting that the artificial warmth was gone as well.
Aleron fell go the ground and gasped for breath.

"Should.....we still......stay here to-.....-night?" He whimpered. "We.....can't really use......Keyne."

JackieCat

We will stay, Keyne sent. Lorin, Kinn, are you alright?

"I-I'm fine," Lorin said. "Just a little sore."

"I'm fine as well," Kinn said, sitting down heavily on a log. "Just-just very tired."  He took a bedroll and laid it out.  He layed down on it and was asleep within seconds.

"I'll take first watch," Lorin said, yawning, but Keyne shook her head and walked over to the fire pit, now void of any fire, carrying Kilarhas with her and laying him on another bedroll. No, I will take first watch, you all need rest, and I need to stay awake with Kilarhas.  You too, Aleron, got to sleep.

"Thank you, Keyne," Lorin said, laying down, and she two was asleep within minutes.  Keyne, though it wasn't her strongest breath weapon, blew a lick of fire into the pit, starting the logs up again and sending warmth flooding around them.
Then she curled up around Kilarhas and put her wing over herself and the elf, completely surrounding and shielding him.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Aleron

Aleron blindly grabbed about for his bedroll, wrapped himself in it and lay on a thicket of moss. Unlike the others, he didn't all asleep immediately, although he was exhausted, the excitement was too strong. But after what could've been five minutes or an hour, he fell into the warm embrace of sleep next to the crackling fire.

JackieCat

Keyne lay, staring out onto the forest and thinking.  What if Kilarhas died?  He was literally part of her soul, and it would break into a million pieces if he did not make it.  Her heart would shatter, her soul would shatter, she would shatter.  He had known the spell was too powerful for him, but had he cared anything for himself?  No, it probably hadn't crossed his mind that it would matter if he died.

But then again, if he did die, it would have, in a way, been a selfish act, letting her, Keyne, life while he got to die, and she would be the one to live on.

The silver dragon shook the dark thoughts from her head and tried to think of pleasanter things, but nothing really came to mind.  She looked over at Gen.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

Gen walked over to Kilarhas and knelt down next to him. He was quiet for a moment, and then spoke.

"He's still alive," he announced. "He his still breathing, but barely. His body just needs time to recover from the strain. If his breathing becomes too weak, I can use my abilities to supplement it."

JackieCat

Keyne bowed her head.  Thank you, Gen, she sent.  If you need rest, you should take it now, I will keep watch all night.  I can go without sleep for several weeks if I need to, and two nights ago I got a very good rest.  I will wake you if Kilarhas starts having trouble breathing.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

Gen nodded and laid down. However, it was very difficult to tell if he was sleeping with his blindfold on. What the others didn't know, was that Gen could still "see" while sleeping. It took a long time for him to get used to, but he had a long time to practice. If anything was amiss, he would spot it. Even while asleep.

JackieCat

The next morning when Kinn awoke he turned his had to find himself face-to-face with Keyne.  HE yelped in surprise and scrambled backwards.  The dragon just blinked at him, and somehow he could see amusment in her face.

Sleep well? Keyne asked, and Kinn nodded. "I've never had a better sleep in my life, that was the most exhausting thing I've ever done, what transpired lat night. . ." He lay back down at his bedroll and looked up at the lightening sky. "I suppose that with everyone here we actually might have a chance of defeating Sinnith Gage, if it does come to a fight."

He looked around, Lorin was asleep, and Kilarhas was out of sight under Keyne's wing, but the young mage assumed the elf was asleep as well, considering the power of the spell he had cast the night before, and the effect such a spell would have on a body not strong enough to sustain it.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Aleron

Aleron, who was under a shallow sleep, awoke from Kinn's yelp. Seeing there was no trouble, he rubbed his eyes and yawned.
"Morning," be mumbled. He stood, wobbled as the blood began to head to his head, and then stretched and yawned once more.

JackieCat

"Uhg, is it morning already?" Lorn sat up groggily. "So it is.  Either that or we all died in that fight last night and I'm dead.  But I doubt it."  She flopped back down and ran her green fingers through her now-messy long black hair.  "Ah well, you can't have everything in life, or death."  she chuckled and turned on her side to look at Aleron. "So, how'd you sleep?  I slept like a log, or was it a rock?  I don't know."  She smiled.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Aleron

Aleron chuckled. "I slept like a Lorin." He said, giggling. He looked down and cringed at the horridity of his joke. If anything had died recently, it was his ability at small talk.
Before it got awkward, he said, "So what was that thing? Have you ever seen one before?"

JackieCat

Lorin raised her eyebrows at Aleron's joke, but she smiled. "That was bad," she laughed, but not in a mean way.  To the question about the K'la'teth she shook her head. "Never."

"I have," Kinn said.  "It was a long time ago, and it wasn't trying to kill me then.  It's a demon, and it came from it's realm to talk to me.  It wanted me to become it's tie to this world, I refused and it left, probably to find someone else who would be willing to be it's host.  I'm assuming the one we came across had a host somewhere too, and since being a host to a demon of the K'la'teth's kind, the death of the K'la'teth would have killed the host wizard or mage as well.  K'la'teth need to have a host in this world in order to stay here for long periods of time."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Aleron

"Wait a minute," Aleron said. "If the k'la'teths die when their hosts do and the hosts die when they do, what if we used that to our advantage? I mean, I'm not an expert but I wouldn't think that a demon would go around looking for random strangers. Maybe you're special or something and they are drawn to you. What if we found a way to manipulate one into connecting with that one guy we're after—I forgot his name—and then use that to kill him. It's wacky, I know, and there's lots of holes and problems but could it work?"

JackieCat

Kinn raised his eyebrows and then got up.  As he talked he pulled on his boots. "That would work, in theory, but how will we find another K'la'teth?  I mean, they're not exactly plentiful."

Perhaps we do not need a K'la'teth, Keyne sent. Perhaps we only need a demon of a similar kind.

"That could work," Lorin said. "But still, where are we going to find a demon?" Keyne shook her head, she didn't know. "How's Kilarhas?" Lorin asked and Keyne lifted her wing slightly to reveal the other elf.

He is sleeping naturally now, the dragon sent. His breathing is normal, I think he will be fine and completely recovered soon.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Aleron

Aleron perched himself on a overturned log and watched silently. Already four days in and they almost suffered a casualty? This was more seriously than he'd expected.
As he sat on the log a nagging feeling of uselessness bugged his brain. Kilarhas could've died, and he had nothing to do to help out. He'd killed the demon with Kinn, but he could feel the life draining out of him as he'd run out of magicka and continued using high power spells. He silently made a vow to learn more, to become more useful. Not a thorn in the neck. The more times he remembered being a pain, the more his resolve strengthened. Of course, in the back of his mind he wasn't sure if he had annoyed his traveling mates, but he didn't listen. And perhaps that was good; it did, in fact, give him an incentive to become a master.
"Kinn," he piped up shyly. Asking for things was always hard for him, especially when he did not know the person all the way. And he remembered painfully well and full of disgust when he had intended to torture the young Mage less than a week before. Hopefully his attempts at friendship would not fall on hurt ears. "Do you think you could show me some spells, or teach me how to make my reserve magic bigger?"

JackieCat

By this time Kinn had almost forgotten that he even had been captured by these people, and when Aleron asked him if he could teach him, Kinn's frown was a thoughtful one.

"I-I don't know," the mage said, thinking. "I've never taught anyone, I don't really know if I know how.  I taught myself my magic, and much of it comes naturally, like it's in me, but if I think on it for a while I think I could try."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Aleron

Aleron nodded, understanding. "That's okay," he said in that strange way when you aren't hurt, but you don't want others to think you are and so you try to emphasize that you aren't but everyone begins to think that you really are. It was a problem if his.
He looked over at Keyne and Kilarhas. "When'll he feel better? Like, is he hurt or will he be back to normal?"

JackieCat

"I didn't say I wouldn't try to teach you," Kinn said, starting to roll up his bedroll. "It's just that I'll have to think about how to go about it before I begin."

At Aleron's question Keyne cocked her head, thinking. I think now he is lust extremely exhausted. she sent. But he should be fine within the day, but he will sleep it through.

"Well," Lorin said, stretching and rolling up her bedroll as well. "Since it sounds like we're going to be here for the day, I'm going to get some water.  I have no idea how to hunt, does anyone else know?  Besides Kilarhas, who's asleep, and Keyne, who probably wants to say with him?"

"I don't really know how to hunt," Kinn said. "But I'm sure I'd be able to catch something with magic, in a few hours. . ."

I will hunt if no one else can, Keyne sent, but the feeling's the other got were tinged with reluctance, she did really want to stay with Kilarhas.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Aleron

"I can hunt," Aleron said to Keyne. "You should stay with Kilarhas. It might take a little while but I'm sure we can catch something."