Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The World Beyond (Closed)

Started by Aleron, April 09, 2015, 01:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleron

The wind rushed faster, and the demons screamed louder. As they dashed through the first upon their silver deer, the figure of Keyne above, Aleron pleaded silently that they would escape.
He looked forward, eyes struggling to remain open in the gushing wind, but he could see a gap in the foliage up ahead. It was the edge of the forest!
He was filled with new hope. Whether or not the demons stayed within he trees, he wasn't sure, but he could only hope that their exit meant safety.
Suddenly, there was a great groaning sound, and as he watched, his heart sank. Three trees all fell in front of them, blocking the opening to the openness. Shadows covered the fallen timber, swirling about furiously like ants. The dark figures around them now also picked up on the manic dance, clouding around them. Aleron could feel them grabbing at his hair, tugging until they were expelled by the weakening magic of the anime de silvestres.
There was no chance of survival in changing directions; the trees around them were thick and dense, leaving them in a tunnel of impenetrable walls. They couldn't go backwards, for that would be going back into the forest of evil.
There was no where to go other than forward.

JackieCat

Keyne's eyes narrowed in anger as the trees fell, blocking their way.  These shadow monsters would not keep Kilarhas from help, not if Keyne could help.  Making sure Kilarhas was still secure on her back, she dove forward, roaring in rage as she blew her icy breath onto the shadow creatures.  They were not injured, but they were distracted enough for Keyne to rip aside the fallen trees, opening the path towards the edge of the forest.

The spectral deer ran forward again.  The shadows were still following them, but the companions now at lease had a chance.

They were almost to the edge. . . and then they were out.  The shadows disappeared, and the sky was clear and bright.

Lorin sighed in relief, and they slid off of the Anime de Silvestre.  As soon as she and Kinn were off, the spectral deer turned and bounded away into the forest again.

"They've got the forest to protect, not just us," Lorin said, smiling faintly.  Then she turned to Aleron. "Are you alright?"
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Aleron

"Yeah," he said, panting. "Pretty sure."
The sun above them glowed behind some clouds, casting a faint orange glow in the crevices up in the overcast sky. Ahead of them lay an endless, hilly grassland, dotted with great builders and patches of dirt.
Other than the great wall of looming oak trees behind them, going on for miles on either side, there were no trees anywhere, give or take the occasional shrub. A few butterflies floated through the air around a cluster of tall grass, their splash of color almost luminous in the ocean of dirt beige and algae green before them.
But there were no villages nearby to be seen.
Aleron looked around, then back to Lorin.
"Well," he said, his arms held close to his sides, "I guess we'll have to find a village for ourselves."

JackieCat

"Are you sure?" Lorin asked. "You said something about forgetting. . ."

"Did you forget everything?" Kinn asked. "Or what?  What happened?"

Keyne listened as the others spoke, but she gently slid Kilarhas off of her back and sniffed him.  He was still alive, though he had been jostled from the ride.  But he needed help soon.

Climb on my back, the dragon sent. you can talk on the way, but now, Kilarhas needs help.

Lorin nodded and she and Kinn climbed onto the dragons back after getting Kilarhas back on. "Come on, Aleron," Lorin said. "I still want to know about your memory."
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor