Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The World Beyond (Closed)

Started by Aleron, April 09, 2015, 01:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleron

Aleron brushed off his shoulders. He smiled at the thought of his present situation: complete strangers, all uniting together--because of a crime! He chuckled. It was just like one of the stories his mother would say to encourage him to talk more.
He considered Gen's request of where to eat, but he didn't know. He did know, however, that he no longer had any money. And he didn't believe it fit to ask Lorin for money either, since he had given it to her as a gift. And, as they all turned down his proposal, he decided that he couldn't kill animals either. Though his hatred was boiling at the creatures, he was far too afraid to return, or face anything else of the sort.
"Are there any inns nearby? I mean, there is the one we just came from, but it looked very full and I for one do not have a place to sleep in this evening," He said.
That's right; he hadn't considered that before. It was after sunset and he had no resting place. No money, no shelter; what was he to do? At least he had a meal for the night, but he had no source of income.
He pondered whether or not there was anything he could do for money. He had never tries his hand at the lute, and it hadn't looked that hard when Inigo played it. He could steal...no, that wouldn't do. Lorin had grown so emotional, and even she stole only out of desperation. Gen carried a sword, so perhaps he was a Sellsword. Aleron had become somewhat good at offensive magic, so he could try his hand there. Ah, but he remembered what Gen had said prior: "I fight competitively." Maybe Aleron could do that.
He groaned from the headache he was developing, and started having regrets on leaving his village.
"Why don't we just eat here," he said, gesturing to the inn they had come from. "I can think about my other issues later. Right now, I'm hungry."

thehiddenbeast13

Inigo sighed and said,"No, no, I insist that you take them...they'll be of some use to you." He smiled as he didn't take the coins back and only continued to say,"I can always get some by begging later..."

Aleron

(OOC: What should our character do after they sort of get used to each other and the stage is set? Any and all ideas are welcome as to how the plot will turn out! But leave it open ended, so we can still have room to come up with it as we go. But a good nudge toward the direction would be great!)

JackieCat

Lorin smiled at Inigo. "Thanks," she slapped her hands together. "Now, let's get some food!"

And she started out of the alley and back towards the tavern, calling over her shoulder. "Race you there!"  Then she bolted off, laughing.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

Gen smiled. She wanted race? Very well then.

Using his magical abilities, Gen propelled himself with a mighty blast of air, sending him soaring over Lorin's head. He landed in front of the tavern and turned to face Lorin.

"Did I win," he asked with a smile.

JackieCat

Lorin stopped, putting her hands on her hips. "Magic?  Okay, that's fine, but only if it took you some time to acquire it, and it took a lot of work.  If you have a talisman or some other little cheat, it's totally unfair."

She walked up to the inn door and opened it, stepping inside."Plus, you aren't even really at the tavern.  I am.  So I win." She smiled at him, winked, and walked further into the inn.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

Gen looked to the other two.

"If I'm not at the tavern then where am I," he asked. "That doesn't seem quite fair."

JackieCat

"You're in front of the tavern, not actually there.  Whatever," Lorin said when she turned back to look at him. "And how did you get your magic anyhow?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

"I was born with it," Gen told her. "Let me think. I'm thirty years old, so..... 23 years of practice."

JackieCat

Login nodded. "Twenty-three years?  That is a long time, so it's fair.  But if you're thirty, how come you've only had twenty-three years of practice?  Did you only discover it at age seven?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

thehiddenbeast13

Inigo looked at the two, and took this as a chance to win. A large, glassy, version of himself appeared in front of him. He cautiously stepped into it and turned into his spirit form and quickly ran through both of them, feeling the chill down his spine as he made it into the tavern. He quickly changed back to his human form and took a seat before saying,"Hey, are you two going to come in or just bicker outside?"

Wicked Basket

"It's not like I knew I was born with it," Gen replied. "I had to stumble upon it by accident."

He then turned to Inigo.

"We're not bickering, she's just asking questions. It's the best way to get answers."

JackieCat

"How'd you find out about your power?" Lorin asked, walking further into the tavern and sitting at the bar.  The place was still filled with people, and there were only a few empty bar stools left. Lorin leaned on the bar, looking over at Gen. "You said you 'stumbled upon it', how?  And what, exactly, is your power?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

Gen chuckled.

"You are a curious one aren't you. Well, it was as simple as me sitting outside and enjoying the breeze, except I was the only one experiencing a breeze. I have the ability to control the air around me. It's also how I can see despite my blindness."

JackieCat

"I am curious, because knowledge is far more powerful than any physical weapon," she winked at Gen. "I may be a thief, but I'm not stupid!"

She listened as Gen told her how he had discovered his power.

"Ooh!  That's really cool!" she said. "So you can see with it?  Like, the air around you contorts around objects and you can sense them?"

She frowned. "So, like, if you were being attacked, could you suck the air from the lungs of your attackers and choke them?  Or wouldn't you do that?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

"I could," Gen replied. "But I have only done it once, and not to any attackers. Two friends of mine were sparring with each other and got a bit carried away, so I literally took their breath away before they could seriously hurt each other. As for my vision, yes. It does work something like that."

JackieCat

Lorin nodded, and then called to the bartender.  He was talking with a few people at the other end of the bar, and when she called he ignored her, though it was obvious he heard her.

"Gods!  Does the man not want to make any money?" Lorin said, irritated. "Excuse me!" she called again, and again, but the man still ignored her.  Lorin slapped her hand on the bar and stood up. "Okay, that's it!"

Lorin vaulted over the bar so she was behind it.  She walked up to the bartender and tapped him on the shoulder. "Excuse me, mister?"

The man turned around, his expression turning from surprise to nager when he saw her.

"Yer not supposed to be behind the bar, missy!" he said loudly. "So you'd better get out before I'm forced to take drastic action!"

"I doubt you could hurt me," Lorin said. "And while I don't like fighting for my life, or with weapons, a fistfight is perfectly fine with me."

"I could hurt you!" the bartender protested, a scowl on his ugly face. "You'll see!"

Lorin leaped aside deftly as he took a poorly aimed swipe at her.  She caught his wrist and twisted around, hefting the man onto her back and then flipping him over onto the bar.  He rolled of the other side and got to his feet.  Lorin lept over the bar after him and ducked another swipe.

She kicked under his attack, catching him in the stomach and causing him to fall backwards into a table.

by now the whole tavern was watching, and as the bartender got up Lorin ran around him and onto a table, from there she lept onto his back, wrapping her arms around his neck.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

Gen got up and pulled Lorin off the man's back.

"That's enough," he said. "For someone who didn't want any trouble earlier you're sure causing a lot now."

JackieCat

Lorin let Gen pull her back, and she shook her head. "I'm sorry, I guess I let my anger get away from my control."  She walked up to the bartender, and held up both of her hands. "I'm sorry, I was just irritated."

The bartender grunted but he nodded and walked back behind the bar. Lorin picked up the fallen chairs.

The bartender cleared his throat. "So," he said. "What do you want to drink?"

Lorin's eyes widened, and she turned back to the man.  He was still willing to serve them?  He had forgiven her already?  "Oh, uh, thank you!" Lorin said, walking back over to the bar. "I'll just have an ale, please.  You, Gen?  Anyone else want anything?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

"Just water," Gen replied. "I don't drink."

It said a lot about the bartender's character that he was still willing to serve them after what just happened.