Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The World Beyond (Closed)

Started by Aleron, April 09, 2015, 01:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

"I've been havin' a bad day." the bartender said before he went to fill their mugs. "I shouldn't 'ave ignored you in the first place."

"No, it was my fault," Lorin said, and the bartender smiled at her before he turned away.

"Wow," Lorin said to Gen. "I'm surprised he forgave me like that.  And how come you don't drink?"
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

"Magic requires concentration," Gen explained. "Alcohol negatively affects concentration. Since I need magic in order to see, I need full concentration at all times. I also don't want my sword stolen while in drunken stupor."

JackieCat

Lorin nodded. "Got it. I've gotten my stuff stolen once while drunk.  It wasn't that terrible though, I only had one coin on me at the time and they didn't even bother taking my daggers.  They took a lockpick or two though.  But I made new ones later."

The bartender came back with their drinks and then turned to another patron. "How good are you anyway?" Lorin asked Gen. "With a sword, I mean."

(OOC: I have no idea where this story is going, any ideas?)
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

(OOC: Nope! Not at all! :P )

"I would say I'm a pretty adept swordsman," Gen told her. "I can handle myself."

That, however, was a gross understatement. He was actually undefeated champion in several places, but he didn't like to brag.

JackieCat

"Yeah, I'm not too bad with my daggers," Lorin said, and at that moment she heard the twang of a bow.  Instinctively, she rolled off of her stool and to the floor.  As it happened, she rolled right off into Gen, bringing them both to the ground.

And a good thing too, the arrow whizzed right past where Gen's head had been not a moment before.  The arrow lodged itself into the wall, quivering.  Lorin looked up to see if she could spot the archer. 

There!

The person was cloaked in black, and they were now rushing for the door, but they were having trouble getting through the crowds.

"Gen!" Lorin cried, leaping to her feet. "There!"

(OOC: There's something to go on!  No idea what it is though.)
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

Gen sprung to his feet and hopped onto the counter. He then leapt over the crowded and tackled the archer right out the door.

"That wasn't very polite," Gen told the stranger. "Can't we talk?"

(OOC: Time to improvise I guess. :P )

JackieCat

(OOC: Right-o!  Can you have more than one of your characters in one post?  Just want to know before posting the next part!)
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

JackieCat

(OOC: Good ;D)

Lorin slipped along the wall to where Gen had the person pinned.  She knelt down next to them and pulled back the person's hood.

An elf man looked up at them, eyes wide.  Lorin raised her eyebrows at the sight of the elf.  He had light blue skin, silver hair, and silver eyes, the effect of it all was rather startling.

"Who in Le'raana are you?" She snapped, quickly getting over her surprise. "Trying to kill Gen like that!"

The elf glared up at them, sneering. "Like I would tell you!"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

Gen got to his feet.

"You will tell me," Gen said firmly. "What do you say we fight for it? If I win then you spill your guts. If you win then you spill my guts. Or are you afraid of a blind man?"

JackieCat

The elf got to his feet, and Lorin rose with him, keeping an eye on the elf.  The elf's eyes narrowed, and Lorin saw a silver circlet on his brow, with a light blue stone in the center.  She assumed him to be a mercenary, but a mercenary with a crown?

"What kind of fight?" the elf asked. "Swords?  Fists?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

"Whichever," Gen replied. "I'm proficient with and without a blade."

It seemed that his offer had piqued this character's interest. He also turned out to be an elf like Lorin. Elves were known for speed and fast reflexes, but so was Gen. The big question was whether or not this elf would hold up his end of the bargain if he lost.

JackieCat

"Swords," the elf said. "Or, rather, you can have a sword and I'll use my dagger."

A long dagger appeared in the elf's hand. "Whoever surrenders first?" he asked, unclasping his cloak and letting it fall to the ground, revealing dark blue leather armor underneath.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

Gen drew his blade and entered a ready stance.

"That's fine by me," Gen replied. "You're move."

JackieCat

The elf stood still for a second, then leapt forward, feinting a blow at Gen's arm.  He drew back quickly, trying to get a guess at Gen's style of fighting.

As Lorin watched, she realized that this little trip out of Serendipity had been a most life-changing experience.

The elf attacked again, this time really aiming for Gen's thigh.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

Gen dodged the feint toward his arm and then simply re-entered his ready stance. As the second blow came towards his leg, he used his sword to swat the incoming attacked aside and then followed through, bringing the sword around into a downward slash.

JackieCat

The elf leapt back, and when Gen attacked he knew then, by how the blind man held his weapon and attacked, that he was a great swordsman.

The elf stalked in a circle around Gen, for by now they had a considerable ring, as the patrons of the tavern had gathered around to watch the fight.  More people from the streets were streaming in, wanting to see what the fuss was about.

Then the elf attacked, quickly darting in and slashing at Gen's arm.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

Gen jumped over the elf's head, managing to swing his sword at the elf twice before landing and swinging a third time.

JackieCat

The elf leapt back, but Gen was too fast for even the elf.  The first swing he dodged, but the second grazed his arm, giving Gen first blood.  As the blind man landed and attacked again his sword dug a deep cut into the elf's left arm, the arm he was holding his dagger in.

With a cry of pain he dropped the weapon.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Wicked Basket

Gen flicked the dagger away with the tip of his blade and stood over the elf.

"Concede," he said. "And this goes no further."