Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Delivery Disrupted

Started by TreeFolk, April 12, 2015, 11:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TreeFolk

The ensuing laughter rose to new heights at his profession of exhaustion. The man who was doing most of the heckling elbowed one of his friends enthusiastically, "Y'hear that!? Hey lady, sounds like it's really your fault for keeping your man up all night!" His grin broadened, "How I'd like t' have me own wife do the same! Hey buddy, let us borrow her for a night, eh?"

Kieta's fists tightened, and it took all of her self-control to keep from using the water to give that man a mouth full of water to shut him up. It really wasn't in her best interests to respond to them, but she turned towards the man. If she'd been a cat, her hair would have been standing straight up.  Voice thick and accented, she swore at him. "You'd best shut your mouth before I make you!"

The men hooted and hollered around him, the one man's face red with laughter. "Oy, lad, is it true what they say about foreign women? Are they better in the sack? Yers looks like she'd put a right good fight!" Bellows of laughter echoed throughout the bathhouse room.

Kieta released a frustrated growl before turning sharply on her heel and striding angrily out of the room. Going into the entry area, she crossed her arms, brooding. She hoped he'd have to walk around the city in a towel alone! He deserved it! Stupid man. Encouraging all those men to laugh at her expense. Her, be his wife? How preposterous!

visualspice

Trest was smiling and laughing with the rest of them, but once Kieta stormed out, he wiped at a tear from his eye and shrugged at the other.
"I'll let you know on that one," he told the men before fleeting out of hte bath house with a towel loosely wrapped around his waist.

"So... you know who stole my stuff?" he asked, his body dripping so much water it collected a small pool at his feet.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

TreeFolk

He looked downright ridiculous. Couldn't he have snatched up some garments or something? She'd offer her own clothing, but he was quite a bit bigger than she, and her clothes were fairly form-fitting. There was no chance he'd fit. And her blanket? He'd lost that during their escape from the guards. This man had some seriously rotten luck.

Rolling her eyes, she gestured in the direction of the door. "Vaguely, yes. And they made off into the city." She leveled a meaningful look at him. "And since I thought surely they'd fought you for your things, I had to make the choice between pursuing and making sure you weren't knocked unconscious, drowning in a few feet of water."

visualspice

It was then he grabbed her by the wrist and nearly lost his towel.
"Wait... you're telling me you had the chance to get my things back but you chose to see if I was alright instead?"
He looked completely baffled.

"What's wrong with you? That had all of our money! And they money is the key thing we need to getting out of.. well.. this!" And he gestured to their collars before he turned away from her shaking, his head.

"Well, which way did they go?" he asked. "Because I'm not entirely sure how else we'll obtain the items we need to pass as nobility without it."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

TreeFolk

The nerve of him! He was trying to pin his mistake on her! Jerking her wrist out of his hand, she growled. "You're welcome, for not letting you drown! Staying alive is also important to getting out of this."

Shoving her pack into his arms, speaking in a condescending tone. "Wait here, and try not to get these stolen, too." She headed straight into the men's baths, and quickly came back out again carrying a pair of pants. There was some yelling, but also laughing, coming from inside as she grabbed her pack out of Trest's arms and shoved a pair of pants at him. "They'll be big, because they're from that fat rude man."

A small, pleased smirk slid across her mouth before she stepped out into the street and began walking in the direction the men had run off to. "They headed this way. They were dressed rather nicely. Not as rough looking as your crew. Surely you at least know of the other packs of thieves in this city??"

visualspice

Trest looked at the pants, then at her. He could fit into one of the pant legs. Did she honestly expect him to wear these? And as he hastily attempted to put them, on, he saw she was already walking away.

"Woah, hey now, Kieta, wait for-" And then he fell over with a THUD and OOF. Thankfully he was able to pick himself back up, but he had just gotten a bath, and now dirt was sticking to his face and still wet chest! Ugh!

Once back on his feet, he secured the pants as best he could before following after her and attempting to roll up the baggy pant legs so he wouldn't trip over them.
"Nicely dressed thieves?" he made a face. "If anything, I'm probably one of the nicest dressed thieves there is. Got anything else I can go by? Like what they looked like, like their faces, and did you catch any of their names?"

TreeFolk

The way that Kieta appraised others was a lot different than how he might. "Well... They all smelled like the soaps from the baths. That doesn't help... One had a faulty heart." Kieta rubbed her fingertips over her lips, trying to focus on remembering them. "They all wore a shade of blue!"

"The one who asked me to 'earn it back?', he had very blonde hair. Like a woman, almost. He was-- very pretty.Tall and strong, like a lion. I believe he was of a form that I have known fae women to seek to mate with, to produce strong offspring."

She considered this a moment, and continued. "The others were smaller than he, a few of them your size. One had a mark of a bear on his chest, here." She placed a hand on her right breast, and extended it up to her collarbone. "But no names." Well, at least none she had been able to distinguish. Perhaps some of the words she had not recognized had been names.

visualspice

"Huh... that's strange. I'm not familiar with the tall, lion like man, but the others.. it sounds like some hodge podge group that has collected the out casts from other bands of thieves."

His lips twisted as his brows furrowed.
"I wonder if this is some new thieves guild rising up."
And that kind of mad him a bit miffed. Seriously, there were enough thieves' guilds as is!

TreeFolk

Kieta continued in the direction, but was slowing as they neared the last spot she'd seen the men. They were drawing some looks, between's Trest's half-dressed state and Kieta's sarong and boot combo. "Any idea where we might find them?"

visualspice

"Honestly, I haven't a clue." But as he continued to search, his eyes caught the familiar, cursive sign titled: The Stiletto.

"Wait.. I think I have an idea where some men would try to make quick work of my money." And his long legs carried him swiftly across the street and in through the brothel doors where he was immediately greeted by the smell of sex, and women.

TreeFolk

"That's it, humans are by far the most vile creatures I've ever encountered."

Kieta scrunched up her nose from the smell, watching as naked or partially naked women draped themselves over men or began to pull them into different parts of the establishment.

One of the women came up to them, her body thinly veiled beneath sheer cloth. Acknowledging only Trest gave Kieta a moment to look around the room, a blush already plastered across her face. They were here on a mission, she reminded herself. She caught sight of the back of a blonde head, and while Trest was distracted by the brothel woman she slipped away and followed after.

As she approached him, it became clear that it was the lion man. He was hard to mistake for anybody else, as he watched one of his other men retreating into a room. The man didn't seem to be partaking in the women himself, though. Pulling out her dagger, she pressed the tip into his back.

The man looked curiously over his shoulder, "Oh, you again. Are you happy to see me, or is that a dagger in my back?"

"You still have things that belong to me and my companion." Kieta felt naked skin brush against her own bare arms as a woman giggled, pulling a man passed her. So humans gathered at places to mate together? Kieta looked over her shoulder at Trest, wondering if he'd noticed her catch yet.

The moment of distraction offered the man enough time to grab her wrist holding the dagger, backing her against the wall. "If I had known you worked here, I wouldn't have bothered! Seems like the coin will go right back into your pockets anyways."

Kieta tried to jerk her wrist from his grasp, eyebrows quirking. "Work??" What kind of job would she have in a mating den? Cleaning up? That sounded repulsive!

visualspice

And while Kieta was being thoroughly distracted from the blonde leader from earlier, Trest could barely get an inch in the crowd. The women were all over him. His bare chest, tattoos and scars alike, were more than tantalizing to them. And he coudn't even keep track of the conversations that were being purred all around him.

And if Kieta thought she was blushing, Trest was pretty sure his face was redder than hell! And try as he might to talk the ladies out of confiscating him and luring them deeper into the den, there were rather a lot of the women, and he was soon finding himself being lead away, while a series of soft, women's hands were smoothing all over his chest, whihc only served to help heat his blood and tent his pants and make it ridiculous hard for him to focus on the task at hand.

"So handsome.." one of the women purred.

"And such blue eyes.." Another cued.

"Yes, well-" Trest tried to politely begin with, when another women went on-

"Oh, and such a smile!"

"See those dimples?"

"See that chest?"

And the women all giggled as they were able to successfully pull Trest inside a room, and just before the door closed- Trest caught sight of Kieta. And then the door clicked closed.

TreeFolk

"Yes, work." With her wrist still gripped tight, he took the dagger and placed it into his own belt. Using his free hand he brushed it down across her cheek, "You must be new, or I wouldn't have the pleasure of seeing that lovely blush grace those exquisite features of yours. You are deliciously exotic, and now that I have the time..."

Kieta grunted and tried to crane her neck away from his touch, having lost sight of Trest. He reappeared briefly, being led away by a group of scantily clad women, before disappearing again. The blonde man followed her gaze, his hand snatching her free hand as it lashed out towards her dagger. "Oh, is your companion your pimp? Or does he work here, too?"

Hissing, Kieta pulled against his hands, her own hands clenching. "I have no idea what you're talking about, but we don't work here. We came to reclaim what is ours."

"That pleases me. I don't like to purchase my women, anyways." He used one hand to hold her wrists together, the other tugging on her hair.

Kieta felt her hair pressing against the tip of her left ear... He was going to see her ears if he continued! Jerking her head away, she bit him hard on the wrist, stepping hard down on his toes and grinding them with the heel of her boot. He grunted in surprise and released her wrists, and Kieta reached out and snatched her dagger back. Using it, she cut the strings of his purse, which was lighter than their own should have been. They'd already spent some of their money!

The blonde laughed, rubbing his wrist. "That's alright, I like 'em a bit feisty!" Kieta darted away as he moved to grab around her waist, fleeing into the crowd of half-dressed women and semi-erect men. Where was Trest?! She saw the blonde man searching the crowd, the women seeming to know him well enough to get out of his way instead of overwhelming him like they had Trest.

Spotting a door to a room, she ducked into it, pressing her back against the wall and panting, stressed. She could hear... Grunting. Looking in the direction of the sound, she saw what she believed was the fattest woman ever atop what she believed to be the fattest man ever. And she shrieked. She actually shrieked like a shrill little girl, covering her eyes and darting back out of the room, forgetting for the moment her reason for hiding in the room in the first place. Oh gods, the vision that had been! Rolls and rolls and rolls, and the smell of unwashed skin and stale sex. Kieta swore her eyes were bleeding!

With her eyes still covered, she felt a hand paw at her breast, bringing her attention about to find a man the same height as she grinning lustfully at her. "H'w mush fer yew, sslut?"

She punched the man square in the jaw. Just as he was about to cause a scene he shut his mouth, and she felt the feel of an arm wrap around her waist. A hand tightened on her hip, forcing her still. "Move on, good man, this one's for me." It was the blonde man again, and he began to forcefully steer her in the direction of the exit. "This is no place for a lady like you. Though that punch was mighty impressive for a lady."

Kieta prepared for her escape, but when two more of his men showed up she didn't have much of a chance. And she couldn't use her magic again... One, because there wasn't much in this place to work with. Secondly, she wasn't ready for another chase. The blonde didn't move to take the coin purse away from her, but he did lead her outside to the streets. 

visualspice

If she felt overwhelmed, Trest felt suffocated. Sure, he'd have appreciated this at any other time but now, but he had a mission to contend with, a deal to break, a collar to remove; and those men to find! But no matter how he protested, the women only giggled and made quick work to get rid of his pants, and had no shame that they had brought Trest into an orgy room where, well, a lot of things were happening.

Trest only stared, and stared, and soon found the women upon him and he? At their mercy...

But somehow he managed to get near the window, and opened it upa nd slipped outside. Again, finding himself undressed, Trest crept away from the building and made his way down the street, but upon hearing hte voices of a group of thugs, he hung back and pressed himself against the side of the building, both in attempst to hide his frame from the brothel window, and the approaching men.

And from what he could make out...
Did those men have Kieta? And boy did she look pissed!

TreeFolk

The blonde man was bragging, his arm now around her shoulders, hand gripping her like a vice. "I tell you, fellas, this is why I don't buy my women. Why buy 'em when you have them chasing after you like this one did? Right, honey?"

He jostled her, giving her an affectionate smile. "I think this one's the one, men! What do you say, my little flower, make an honest man out of me?"

Kieta's face grew darker, if that was at all possible. She had no idea what this man was talking about, but she didn't like his tone, and didn't like how his hand was gripping her shoulder. They stopped at a shop, and he pushed her in through the door. "I can't have my little vixen looking like a cheap tramp for the party tonight, can I?"

As he had finally released her, she turned around to face him, confused. "What party?"

A pleased look crossed his features. "Oh, just a nice function with some lords and ladies. My father is a very prominent merchant. And since you were so persistent in your pursuit of me, I've decided to reward you with the fortune of accompanying me!"

Could this be the same function that they were to attend? Kieta relaxed her posture. "You stole from my companion, why, then?" And where the hell was Trest, anyways?

He shrugged, smirking, blue eyes twinkling. "Because I become bored, I suppose. Now, little lark, let's see you properly attired. You may keep the coin... I think it endearing to see a woman handle money." He turned to the shop keeper, placing his hands on her shoulders, this time lightly since it seemed she wasn't going to run away again. "Now, I wish for my little bird here to shine tonight." He reached out his hand, and one of his men placed a heavy looking pouch of coins in his hand.

He handed it to the shop keep, who curtsied and took the money. "Of course Master Gannon. She shall not need much help, you have chosen quite a lovely creature to accompany you." It was evident that this compliment was more to appease Gannon's ego, rather than compliment Kieta.

Kieta was ushered back into the back of the shop, leaving Gannon with his two men (who she now realized were bodyguards) in the waiting room. Kieta was stripped down, poked, prodded, and pinched. The woman tsked. "Not a spare bit of softness in you. M'lady, you really should consider more appropriate activities that will not toughen you so unattractively. It makes my job quite a bit deal more difficult!"

She was eventually sewn into a soft silk gown, a dark blue clinging thing which hung to her ankles. The back draped, leaving her exposed to the small of her back, and the front made her modest breasts appear more generous. When the woman made to touch her hair, Kieta finally reacted, baring her teeth. "I will do it myself." So the woman set to fixing the hem of the dress as Kieta made quick work of braiding half of her hair up in an intricate fashion, covering the tips of her ears beneath layers of braids.

When the woman moved towards her face, Kieta was hissing again, but this time the woman batted her hands away. "It's just makeup, dear!"

It was a bit longer before her face was caked in the strange smelling, cloying substance called makeup, though the result was quite pretty. She was given a delicate necklace of yellow gems, and soft, useless strapped shoes. If one could call them shoes at all. She felt like some sort of doll, restricted in the flimsy clothing.

visualspice

Despite being naked, Trest followed after Kieta. He couldn't believe his luck, but then again, those women were very direct and ambitious! He couldn't deny that, had he been by himself, he'd probably consider staying for a while, but now was not the time.

He needed clothing again, which was beginning to be a reoccurring theme, much to his chagrin. ANd he had to find Kieta. Those men reeked of bad news, and he wasn't about to let her be tossed around and bullied by those creeps. Tip toeing lightly, he spotted the men entering a tailor shop. He studied the sign before studying the streets, and crept his way down the back alley where he ran most unfortunately, into a lady carrying a tall stack of boxes. She nearly dropped them, but Trest made a quick move and helped her catch the toppled heap.

He helped her readjust them, and as the woman went to apologize, she saw Trest...
All of Trest, and screamed. Not only did she scream, but she dropped her boxes and turned tail to run. Trest cringed and looked down at the boxes by his feet. And noticed it was clothing.

Hurriedly, he rummaged through the boxes but to no avail- they were all dresses.
But then again...
He really couldn't continue going around dressed as he was, and with a inward groan, he slipped into a loose pink dress and moved towards the back of the building. He felt ridiculous, but there'd be time to rectify that later, who knew how long Kieta would be inside, and when he finally found a window in the back storage area of the building, it wouldn't budge.

"Angsar be damned," he groaned and grunted and kept working at the window. But he gave up after a few minutes before noticing a stairwell perched in a way that allowed access to a small balcony above. Wasting no time, he jumped to the last rung and pulled himself up, and crawled up and onto the ladder and was soon on the balcony and slipping in through the second floor door.

Inside, the room was dark as pitch. It took him a few seconds to let his eyes adjust before he noticed a door on the other side of the room. As he made his way to it, he paused when he walked past a mirror and could NOT believe he was looking back at himself in a dress! Shaking it off, he told him, "Focus, Trest. It's either the dress or be naked."
But considering how foolish he looked and felt, he was starting to think remaining naked would have been a better idea.

But again, he needed to focus, and soon opened the door and rushed out into the hall, to where he spotted a spiral staircase leading into the back of the shop. He saw shadows moving below, and the murmur of voices. Straining, he could make out a woman helping someone else-
and from what he could deduce, it had to be Kieta!

Holding his breath, he began to tip toe down the stairs, but the moment he was down there, another worker walked into the room. He side stepped behind a coat rack, which thankfully hid him from view, and though the woman who was passing by had to do a double take, she shrugged it off before continuing on with her work.

Once she was gone, Trest peered out from beneath the coats and down the narrow alcove to which the dressing screens resided. All he could see was feet and movements, and the barest silhouettes. But upon hearing Kieta's voice again, he wasted no time in stepping in behind the screen. And he found himself frozen in place as he looked at Kieta, painted from head to toe in a lavish, sweet silken dress, and a face that- though strange at first, appeared quite pretty wth the make up on that he never considered she's ever wear-

And he wasn't the only one frozen in place, for the assistant simply turned around and gaped at the man in the pink dress.

TreeFolk

Kieta had heard him, and then smelt him, before she could see him. It'd taken him enough damn time!

The scowl on her face disappeared to one of chagrin as he appeared, in all his pink glory. A laugh threatened to emerge from her throat at the sight, and what a sight he was! The dress has frills and lace, as if the gown had been made for a grown woman with a young girl in mind. And how it clashed with his red hair! While she was still extremely displeased with her own outfit and forced primping, she could at the least say she wasn't as much of an eye soar as Trest.

"Woman! Come, we don't have all day!" The sound of the yellow headed brute's voice boomed through the door, and at the sound of it the woman turned around to catch sight of Trest. Thinking quickly, Kieta sucked in her breath, sucking the air out of the woman and forcing her to swoon, but not go unconscious. Before she could make a sound, she shoved a swath of cloth into her mouth.

"Quick!" She whispered, a snicker of amusement quick in her voice, "Grab something to tie her up, little miss!" She couldn't help but add the last part, the grin on her face wide, her eyes twinkling with mischief. She was going to give him hell about this one!

visualspice

Trest shot her a look for her comment, but made quick work to snag a scarf as he began to tie her.
"So tell me again why I'm doing this? Is this woman in cahoots with those lug heads? Oh, and the dress is meant for you. But it looked so soft and positively garish that I just HAD to try it on!  And dare I say it is immensely more fashionable than yours?" Even though she looker amazing.

TreeFolk

Kieta stood up, and peeked out from beyond the door to make sure the men outside weren't any the wiser to their movements.

Kneeling beside him awkwardly in the dress, she kept her voice low. "I know, isn't it awful?" She felt extremely self-conscious, worried the material of the back of the dress would expose her rear end, and that she was going to fall out of the dip in the front of the dress.

"We don't for her to ruin our chance by causing a scene. The blonde man, he is to take me to the gathering that you and I are supposed to somehow get into. That gets at least me in. Haven't thought the rest of it out, but it's better than nothing."

Pressing her fingertips gingerly to her face, she looked to him. "Is this... Is this weird? This 'makes up'? I feel like my face is suffocating. Surely I'll stand out?" 

visualspice

Trest blinked as he stared at her.
"Clever girl. Glad you were able to make use of this unfortunate scenario, but now... perhaps you can find a way to get me some man clothing? Cause as much as I know this dress is flattering on me... I'm not used to the draft."

ANd at her inquiry on her make up, he simply replied, "And you look fine. It's something women just do when they have too much money. They all try to look like dolls."