Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Delivery Disrupted

Started by TreeFolk, April 12, 2015, 11:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TreeFolk

"Not clever, lucky." She smirked at him then, viciously amused, "What, you don't think you would fit in at this party in that thing?"

She began rummaging through the stacks of clothes in the room. "There's bound to be something in here."

The blonde's voice drifted in the gap of the door. "I don't have all day, my little minx! I'm certain you look just fine, don't be shy and come out!"

Kieta audibly groaned, catching a reflection of herself in the mirror. The collar. It now stood out very obviously, like a soar thumb. "Before you find yourself clothes, find me something to cover this up! And please, do share any plans you might have brewing about this whole mess. I don't have too good a feeling about being his date."

visualspice

"Well, you can either hide it with a large, gaudy piece of jewelry... or I can look for a scarf," he pointed out.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

TreeFolk

Even Kieta knew that a scarf would not go with the outfit, and would draw more attention to her than the silver collar around her neck. Stupid Bull hadn't even thought this one through. She moved over to the chest of jewelry the woman had prattled on about earlier, and flicked through it with her fingers. Delicate jewelry hung all over, but she finally lucked out and found a heavy silver choker. Perhaps the choker would make the collar look like some sort of fashion statement next to it?

Didn't matter, it was her best option. Clasping the innately ingrained choker around her neck above the collar, she grabbed up a pair of scissors and tucked them into the cloth at the waist of the dress. Inspecting herself in the mirror to make sure the scissors weren't visible, she turned to Trest as the blonde oaf called again. "You better figure a way in..." The threat was serious, but it was also made out of fear. Fear of the unknown situation, fear of being locked away in some aristocrats manor house like a pet.

Kieta gave him a meaningful look before she rushed towards the door, following the sound of Gannon opening it up. She wedged herself between him and the room, pressing herself unintentionally up against him as he stumbled back a few steps. Reaching behind her, she gripped the doorknob and pulled the door the rest of the way closed while he was distracted.

His hands gripped her waist. "Why, eager to see me? I can't say I'll complain, as you look positively delicious." He spun her around and forced her forward, motioning to his men. "Look, my woman cleans up nicely, doesn't she?"

Her eyes caught on the man who held her pack and weapons... Could she discreetly get at least her dagger back? The thought was incomplete, for she was being hustled outside, Gannon's arm linked in hers as he led her down the street.

visualspice

All the while Trest was trying to help her, he felt as if he were having butter fingers, and just left the jewelry rummaging to her. When she found something adequate, he was realized, though it did look a bit odd, but then again- who was he to judge women's fashion? Besides, the more he looked at it, the more he kept looking at her boobs...
And remembering how nice she fit in that dress.

But they had to act fast, the men might catch on that something was up and as Kieta slipped out, he simply nodded to her and as she left, he muttered under his breath, "Right.. now to figure out what to do about me..."
And as he looked down the back of the shop, he sauntered over to inspect a rack of some very fine looking clothes indeed.

Lifting up a royal blue one, he measured it against his body and smirked at how it complimented his shining blue eyes as he peered over at a mirror.
"Why yes.. I do say blue is much more my color."
And not to mention style. Dresses, after all, were for women!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

TreeFolk

She was led to a very nice looking home, which she initially assumed was the event venue, but soon discovered was just one of the many homes her date owned.

He led her inside, "Now, don't touch anything or move too much. I will be back shortly." He left her and returned a few minutes later, dressed in a dark blue to match her own gown. He had brushed his blonde hair into a low ponytail, and she found him quite visually appealing. His hair was an unusual color, like wheat in the summertime. A grin spread across his features as he caught her looking. "Starting to warm to the idea of being my woman, aren't you?"

Kieta scowled at him, crossing her arms. "A pig in fancy clothes is still a pig."

Gannon moved forwards towards her, and although she thought he might strike her, he instead gripped her chin between his fingers. "Touchy, aren't we? Now, come, we shall have to leave at once in order to arrive fashionably late instead of rudely late."

They were met at the doorstep by his guards, who stood holding the doors open to a carriage. Well, not that Kieta quite understood what it was, because she'd never ridden in one before. He helped her in, and when the doors closed behind her she felt her heart fluttering in her chest at the enclosed space. Gannon stretched, and lazily rested his arm around her shoulders. Growling under her breath, she gripped his wrist and flung his arm off of herself. "Don't. Touch. Me."

"You don't want to fool around before we arrive? Don't play coy, I'm sure a little minx like you knows what to do..." He trailed his fingertips along her collarbone, and if it weren't for the greater threat of dying for failing the Bull, she would have killed him right then and there.

Breathing deeply in through her nose, she internalized her disgust. "You'll muss the dress."

A look of irritation crossed his features, as he began a retort, "You're mine for the night, and if you think for one moment I care about what others think about you or what you look like then..."

The carriage door opened, and his guardsman peered in. "Master Gannon, we have arrived."

Gannon gave a smooth smile and sat back away from her, smoothing his hands down his legs. "Well then, we'll have something saved for afterwards, won't we little flower?"

Kieta ducked out of the carriage and was met with site of the largest house she had ever seen in her entire life. Well, besides castles, of course. Or was this considered a castle? The estate was large, and she looked down the driveway towards a distant road. Gannon gripped her arm in his, leading her up the steps and through doors which were opened for them. They were promptly led down a hallway towards the noises of laughter, talking, and music. The manor was stunning, and she knew that each item they passed was most likely worth a lot in human money.

They reached two large, ornate doors at the end of the hallway, which they paused beside. Gannon addressed a man dressed in frills, "Master Gannon, and my mistress..." He looked to her, as if about to ask her name, but thought twice of it. "My mistress Delphie." He nudged her, pressing his lips against the hair covering her ear, "For Delphinium, because you're my little flower..."

She could have gagged. There was no time for her to adequately show him her disgust, for the doors were being swung open onto a large open room full of fancily dressed people. The announcer stepped up and called out loudly, "Master Gannon and Mistress Delphie!"

Only a few eyes glanced over at them, though as Gannon led her into the crowd she could hear whispers. One woman even spoke clearly enough for her to completely pick her voice out of the crowd. "Absolute rubbish, Lady Opal, I do say! You don't think he has brought another prostitute to the party, do you? She does not look it, but Master Gannon is so fond of disgracing his father by bringing such guests!"

A flush rose to her cheeks. They thought she was like those women in the sex house? Straightening her shoulders, she tried to elongate her neck and feign as regal of an aire as she could. Tonight, she would play the part of a maiden of the fae court. She caught the eyes of the particular woman, and gave her as icy and as regal of a look as possible. When the woman blushed and looked away, Kieta turned to find Gannon regarding her rather peculiarly. "Now, that is the first time that I can say I've seen the Countess turn that color. How endearing!" He plucked two glasses off of a passing serving tray, and handed her one. "Now drink. We don't want you wilting on me before the night is through!"

Kieta took the glass from him and eyed the strange golden contents, but forced herself not to sniff them in front of these people. What was it? She took a tentative sip, finding it sweet and strong, accompanied by a pleasant warmth as it slipped down her throat.

visualspice

He was quick to discard the dress from his form, but stuffed it into a bag with hopes to give it to Kieta later as a 'gift'. After all, clearly she liked dresses! And this pink one was the frilliest of them all. He was more or less standing there naked as he stumbled into the other clothing, and just as he was working on his pants, of course someone had to walk in on him- and it was a pretty little thing that couldn't have been older than eighteen, and the second her eyes caught him, and saw all of him,s he swooned.

Trest managed to catch her before she hit the ground.
"At least I know I'm not losing my charms," he muttered, and carefully set her aside before he finished dressing. Giving himself another look in the mirror, he saw what a mess his hair was, and though it went with his roguish good looks, he supposed it wouldn't be acceptable to where they were going.

So he made do with what he had, sneaking into here for a shave, going over there to swipe a hair brush, and even lifting a few extra jewels to help accent his attire (he had piercings after all, might as well make them shine!) And soon he too, was ready for the ball. With his hair worn long, but half in a tail, he managed to unbraid his hair and brushed out the waves, and felt funny for not having them, or the beads that adorned them, bouncing against his hair, but he had to look like the noble man he never wanted to be if he ever wanted to get out of this alive. And he couldn't help but wonder what sort of cruel joke this was being played on him.

Either way, he had to at least think about another goal in mind, after all- saving Kieta from that smug bastard. The way she obviously loathed him made him grin, and thus began his long journey towards the manor, and ugh, he dreaded it every step of the way.

TreeFolk

Kieta began to feel funnier and funnier the more the drink she finished, and she was peering into the glass with some measure of perplexed curiosity when her hand was taken up. Looking up, she met Gannon's eyes and had him plucking the glass from her hand. "A dance, then?"

She didn't have a moment to refuse before she was being pulled bodily out towards the other dancers. Never in her life had she danced, other than the silly jigs and reels of the faeries that her brothers would toss her around during. This slow, purposeful, dancing was intimate, but she felt clumsy and foolish as he guided her through the steps. It certainly didn't help that her head felt... Fluffy. Bubbly... Feathery... What was it she was here for again?

Oh yes, something about retrieving something for the Bull. Speaking of The Bull and their job, where was Trest? Part of her suspected that he was caught between the legs of another wanton woman, and was going to leave her to resolve this task herself. Distractedly, she began to try to suss out the source of whatever it was that The Bull had thought she'd notice. She assumed The Bull wanted her to uncover some sort of magic, and that magic would lead them to whatever object...

As her mind wandered, she was brought back to attention at the feel of Gannon's hands dropping suspiciously low on her back. When she tried to recoil, he had her up against him for a slower song, and he was smiling down at her. "Or perhaps you don't have much experience? The blushes you're giving me are quite lovely." He reached and plucked another glass of the strange liquid and deposited in her hand, "There, little dove, have another."

visualspice

It was ironic to think he'd have to enter in through the back- and up on a second floor window, because he didn't have an invitation (those dumb asses saw to that!) and he didn't exactly wish to draw anymore attention than he and Kieta might. He also knew he was racing against the clock, and made quick work to climb up and in through the window, and crept his way towards the lower level where the draw of the music made it clear where this party was.

And after descending down the large staircase, he saw the opening to the ballroom, and with each step down, he felt his belly sink lower. He had barely any memories of a time when these sorts of things were present day. But he did recall how upset his grandfather looked each time he saw his parents, and even himself. Though he wasn't as rough with him on his tongue and interaction...

Trest was brought out from his thoughts when he saw Kieta on the dance floor. And the smirk that bastard wore that danced with her...
He felt like punching it clean off his face.

ANd as gracefully as he could, he strolled across the dance floor, plucked the drinking glass away, and proceeded to clear his throat.
"Might I cut in?" but he didn'tgive the man a chance to reply, when the glass was handed over to blondie and Trest cut in and swept Kieta away to a more private area on the dance floor. And ince the dance was slow, he held her close, but kept his blue eyes trained to the man before looking down at her with a smirk.

"Sorry I'm late. Had to get in through the back." Which would explain why his palms were sweaty.

TreeFolk

Kieta flinched when another hand pressed against her ribs and a hand took the glass away from her. Her head felt quite fuzzy, so it took her a moment to register what was happening. But seeing the red hair of the man pulling her away, and then honing in on his face, she gave a sigh of relief to find it was Trest.

Smiling up at him, her cheeks flushed from the mead, she felt a swell of joy at seeing him again. In fact, she felt almost giddy to see him! "Trest!" She let herself get caught up in the moment, standing on her toes and giving him a quick peck on the cheek. Her quick smile turned to a rather over-stated scowl, her facial expressions unpredictable with the drink. "I thought you had decided to go back to the whore house."

The scowl disappeared as she smiled again, goofily, pressing up against him in a hug. Why was she feeling so affectionate? Leaning up by gripping his shoulder in her hand, she pressed her lips against his ear like a conspirator, whispering a bit loudly, "I think there's something in the drinks, I feel odd!"

The wrist of her hand held by Trest was gripped by another hand. She turned to face Gannon, a bit surprised. She'd completely forgotten about him for a moment!

Gannon gripped her wrist, giving Trest an icy smile. It was clear he didn't recognize him from the bath house. "Seems I have made my date a little too desirable. But, good sir, you've had your dance and I'll see her returned to me now."

visualspice

And that's when Trest pressed the flat of his hand on Gannon's chest to keep their distance.
"You have five seconds to let go of my date's hand before I punch your nose into your face," Trest told him, pleasantly, but with no mistaking his threat.

TreeFolk

Kieta tried to tug her wrist out of Gannon's grip, concerned that they would start drawing attention to themselves. A fight would certainly not do them any good, but she was having a difficult time unscrambling her brain enough to form a sentence in a language they would understand. So she did what she could and wedged herself between them, hiccuping as she swallowed, facing Trest first. Reaching her hand up, she touched his collar beneath his shirt, meaning to remind him of the importance of their staying covert. 

As she made to say something she was tugged back to Gannon, who apparently had the patience of a spoiled child. She frowned up at him and tried to push herself back. "Let go."

Gannon glared over her at Trest. "I did not see you bring her in, so it's fairly presumptuous of you to try and steal her. Plus, as you can see, she's quite happy where she is. Now, if you touch me or my woman again, I will have to be the one doing the punching."

At that proclamation of possession, Kieta snorted, swinging her head around so she could share her good humor with Trest. "Y'hear that? His woman? Ha! He's funny, right?" But Trest was looking anything but amused.

visualspice

Raised by a rebellious father, Trest had only one option available- and that's when he popped his fist hard across Gannon's face and the man, though having tried to puff up his own chest to win this verbal fight, hadn't considered the other man would actually go through with it. And he went down, cupping his nose as warm blood began to gush out.

TreeFolk

If there was one thing she wished was possible in that moment, was that she could somehow slow or pause time. Trest had literally chosen the worst response to the situation, because even she knew that a rich person's party was not the most appropriate place to solve problems with a fist. What to do?!

The people around them had backed away to allow them space, and Kieta summoned up the courage to act. Thinking quickly, she fanned her face frantically, her voice pitchy and delicate, "Oh my!" And she did something as dramatic as she could think of, placing the back of her hand against her forehead and "swooned" against Trest's arms. Speaking loudly so that those around them could hear, she willed her voice to quaver, "Oh, M'lord, thank you so much for saving me! He tried to tell me that it was customary to touch me so vulgar in this place, but it is not heard of in my culture!" She suppressed a hiccup, hoping the wooziness she felt from the drink (not that she could place the source of her wooziness properly), would come off as weakness from the shock.

One of the men stepped forward and dragged Gannon to his feet. He was older, and resembled Gannon so much that she assumed they were related. Her suspicions were validated, as he coolly regarded his son before turning to her. "My apologies, m'lady, for my son's behavior. It shall not happen again."

Gannon jerked his arm out of his father's grasp, glaring at Trest and Kieta as he took a handkerchief offered by one of his men, wiping the blood off. She watched as he visibly made an effort to disguise his anger, giving a curt smile. "Twas only a misunderstanding, father, nothing to concern yourself with."

One of the nearby women heckled from the side. "Master Formogenhet, your son is truly out of line! First, bringing a prostitute to a function, and now assaulting a vulnerable foreign lady! You should send him off to learn proper manners!"

Kieta continued to lean against Trest for support, speaking as meekly as she could. "I... Think I need to sit down..."

visualspice

Luck must've really been on their side. Had this man not had a reputation, Trest would have been kicked out of the ball. But he was taken away from his moment of victory when he realized Kieta actually appeared that she might swoon for real.

"Woah, take it easy, alright?" And he moved.to guide her to a nearby fainting couch and looked her over.
"I never dreamed a woman like you could ever get a fainting spell." But as he observed her, he saw how flush her cheeks were.
"Hey.. are you sick? It looks like you ate bad eggs."

TreeFolk

Kieta stumbled a bit on their way to the couch, and hiccuped drunkenly. Covering her mouth, she gave a soft, private laugh, before closing her eyes with a silly grin on her lips. "Mimicry, Trest. Mimicry." She fluttered a hand in the direction of a woman swooning at the sight of the blood on Gannon's face.

Hiccuping again, she swerved forward and onto the couch. "Bad eggs?" Pushing out her hands to balance them against his chest where he was crouched in front of her, she felt her body flush. She tilted forward, fidgeting, shaking her head lightly. "Bad drink?"

visualspice

That was all she needed to say. Trest leaned back some and sighed.
"Well... so you're telling me you're drunk?" At that, a small smile crept across his face, and grew a little more at seeing her blush.

TreeFolk

"I am not!... Wait, what's that even mean?" She hiccuped and then grinned again, leaning forward even more as he leaned back.

She patted her hands on his shoulders, rather heavily, "Whatever it is, 's fun! But bad?" She shook her head, squeezing his shoulders. "How'm I s'pposed to... Whatever we're s'pposed to do?" She leaned her forehead against his, looking him seriously, drunkenly, in the eyes.

visualspice

"Well, for starters, you should have avoided the drinks," he went on, smirking and just looking her back into the eyes without a flinch. "You'll give men the wrong idea. No wonder that fool was slobber over you. But hey, as you brought up," he went on, giving her a patronizing pat, "We've got a job to do. So we'll have to figure out a way to get you to sober... or to work while you're, well, drunk."

TreeFolk

Kieta frowned dramatically, "How's I s'pposed to know y' drink poison for fun?"

She closed her eyes to shake her head, but ended up bumping it with his. Careening back, she narrowed her eyes, trying her best to focus on the crowd. To focus at all, really. And she caught Gannon eyeing her like predator seeking prey. Drumming her fingers across her lips, she briefly noted it, "I got 'drunk' quick. Not drinks. One drink. He looooks fishy. Well, not like a fish, like a snake. Noo..." She tapped her fingers across her lips, trying to assess what kind of predator he reminded her of.

Shrugging her shoulders, she moved on, closing her eyes so she could focus on the magical vibrations pinging through her ears. Usually, in nature, they were variations of humming, like soft music. But what she finally picked up... Standing up quickly, she swayed on her feet again, grabbing at Trest to balance herself as she narrowed her eyes in concentration in the direction of the high table. "Mmm... Somethin' there, Trestaroo, I thinks." She hiccuped and massaged her temple. "Not right, not right, not right. Like screechy sounding." Without waiting for him, she took off boldly across the room, if not zig-zagging a bit through the throngs of people.

visualspice

Trest shrugged on the comment about drinking poison.

"Yeah, well, you'll get used to it. Humans like being stupid."

But before he had a chance to even deduce the next bits of what Kieta was sputtering, she was off into the crowd and he was left to stumble afterwards, and awkwardly followed after as he excused himself while weaving through the dancers.

Once they made it off the dance floor, he tried to nonchalantly escort her aside, keeping one arm about her and the other one gesturing forward.

"Now, now, honey, this isn't exactly how we're to act at a party!" he went on, trying ot be as casual about it as he could but they were certainly getting some funny looks!