Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Tameless

Started by visualspice, April 16, 2015, 08:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

And Winifred would have come back much sooner, but Drake seemed to linger around a lot longer than she had hoped. The entire time her heart was drumming inside her ears, her palms growing sweaty, entire body, clammy as she tried to listen and bide her time for him to go. But once she caught a whiff of his cigar, she knew he aimed to stay out longer.

Puffing on his now lit cigar, Drake continued to watch the beast cower.
"This is a pity, you know. You appear even weaker than a real horse." And at that, he chuckled through breaths of smoke.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

thehiddenbeast13

Bovil stared at Drake, he couldn't stand it anymore! He suddenly stood up and tried to trample Drake with his hooves, but his rope restraints kept him from hitting Drake over the head with his hooves. Bovil remained standing, clearly angry.

visualspice

And to see the centaur come to life at such a remark had him laughing.
"Yes.. such a pity, pity horse man," he said, patronizingly. "You know, you'll owe me for that whisky." And after a moment, he asked, "How does it feel? Are those wounds stinging or should I get some more?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

thehiddenbeast13

Bovil merely stared at Drake. He lowered himself to the ground once more, but thought of all the brutal ways he could get vengeance once the next day came. He could already tell that sun rise wasn't too far off.

visualspice

Seeing how the centaur resorted back to his cowering complacency, Drake sneered.
"You'd best not disappoint tomorrow, horse man. I'm going to break you, and you'll be wishing this was the worst of it."

And with that, he stepped out of the barn.

It wasn't until she was certain Drake was gone did Winifred creep back inside. Seeing the state Bovil was in, she sighed.
"Here, drink this. I'll get you a second bucket to clean your wound again."

And she paused, studying the strange creature.
"Do you have a name?"

thehiddenbeast13

Bovil watched as Drake stepped in, and the girl popped in once again. The second the bucket of water was on the ground, Bovil cupped and dipped his hands into it and drank from them. He got another small drink and poured the rest of it over his head and rear to wash out the alcohol. After he heard the girl ask for his name he only said,"Bovil..."

visualspice

"Bovil.." she repeated with a small smile and nod. She placed a hand on her chest.
"I'm Winifred. Winifred Rosalina." Though she wasn't sure horsemen understood the concept behind a last name.

"WOuld you like some more water? To drink or for your wound?"

thehiddenbeast13

Bovil looked at the girl, Winifred she said her name was? He heard the girl ask him if he needed anymore water, but he only shook his head. The sun would be coming out soon, and he didn't want the girl getting caught outside with him.

visualspice

Winifred sighed but nodded.
"Alright then," she said softly. And she moved to rise, studying him in the darkness.
"Be careful tomorrow," she whispered. "Drake will not go easy on you. But don't let yourself break under him if you can help it. Men like Drake... they don't deserve to ever win, or to ever be so merciless towards other."
If only Drake could get a taste of his medicine, and now Winifred's blood was hot. Drake always got under skin.

thehiddenbeast13

Bovil looked at Winifred "They certainly don't, now do they?" He spoke in clear and fluent common, not a single bit of his accent in the sentence. Bovil then lowered his head once more and tried to think of the brutal punishment he'd have to go through the next day.

visualspice

Winifred was taken back when he spoke. But she said nothing on the matter and only nodded her head.
"You should rest... if you can."
They both knew tomorrow would be a long day. She moved to pick up the bucket.
"Will you be alright?"

thehiddenbeast13

Bovil simply nodded and said,"I'm sure I'll be alright..." He then slowly lowered himself as low as the restraints would allow and tried to get some rest for the long day ahead of him.

visualspice

Winifred watched him for a long, quiet moment before whispering, "Be sure not to let Drake you know common." And at that, she gave him a small smile before slipping outside of the barn and then whispering back to him, "Goodnight."

Once outside, she drew in a long breath. The stars were already starting to fade, and if she were to get any sleep this night, she'd better do it soon. Sneaking back into the house, she slipped back into her bed but had a fitful time in trying to sleep, and just as she was drifting off, the maid was ringing the bell.

It was time for breakfast.

thehiddenbeast13

Bovil had managed to drift off for a short while, but was awoken by a small bit of  sunlight poking through the holes in the wood. He slowly awoke and realized that today was the day, today he'd have to find a way to keep Drake from making him a mount.

visualspice

It wasn't Drake Gassir that greeted him first, but a stable hand- one of the rough men that helped capture him from the night prior. He said no greeting to the centaur, merely went about whistling and cleaning out the stalls. Once the cleaning was done, he went on to feed the animals, and gave Bovil a dark grin as he simply passed by the horse man to feed another animal beside him.

Looks like no breakfast for him!

thehiddenbeast13

Bovil watched as the man walked past him, not even bothering to give him something to eat. Bovil then said aloud,"Travious Neta!" He didn't care what the stable hand did next, but Bovil was clearly still outraged from the previous night.

visualspice

The man only sneered and gave the centaur a dark laugh, before exiting the barn, leaving him to fester once again, by himself.

thehiddenbeast13

Bovil watched as the man left and looked down towards the ground. He hadn't eaten at all and was going to end up starving soon.

visualspice

OOC: lol- he would only be severely hungry, not starved after just one day XD
But it would suck either way!
but the body can go a long time without food- it's water that's more important, so thankfully Winifred gave him some of that!

It would be some time before Drake would approach Bovil. But outside the barn, the centaur would be able to easily here the men preparing the corral. Riding gear was prepared, and talk about adapting the gear to fit a horseman's body elicited laughter amongst the men, who were already drinking this early in the day.

And from her window, Winifred watched with a frown as Drake was busy with his men, fussing over sadles and stirrups and all sorts of other nasty things to use on the man. It was just after breakfast, so her mother had fallen into her usual afternoon nap, so sneaking past her, Winifred went into the kitchen and stole a few biscuits and fresh fruit, and wrapped them in a clothe before sneaking over to the barn.

Once inside, she crept over to Bovil's stable and stood near it, and offered over the clothe.

"Here... some food. I'm not sure what you eat, but there is bread and fruit inside."

she heard Drake barking a laugh from outside and winced. "But you must hurry. Drake will come to the barn at any moment." Especially since it sounded like the men were starting to leave the corral.

thehiddenbeast13

OOC:I know, I just over exaggerate at times XD

Bovil remained with his head lowered, but when Winifred came with the clothe filled with the fruits and break Bovil quietly whispered,"Thank you Winifred..." And only took out a fruit and slipped the rest of it into a small corner in his stall. He then quickly ate the fruit and awaited Drake, he would not become someone's mount on this day!