Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

How NOT to Train Your Dragon (Sil)

Started by Zero, April 21, 2015, 09:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Tatsu remained kneeling next to Eälis, not touching her, but within easy reach if she needed to reach out to him for any reason, or should her condition further deteriorate. Thankfully she stood in short order and walked to the water. True to his word, as he stood, the dragon masquerading as a man kept his back to the water, not glancing in the direction of the naked young elf. Even her gentle reminder that he was welcome to join her did not turn his head in Eälis's direction.

Most other males would have been enticed and tempted by such a display of fine young flesh, but Tatsu did not seem to even flinch or hesitate at the knowledge that he had an open invitation to bathe with a gorgeous young woman. Even had he looked, or stared, he would have felt nothing. Losing his mate had stolen a mighty portion of him, including all sense of desire or lust. Even had he wanted to, he simply could no longer feel sexual attraction or arousal. That part of him had withered and died with his soulmate.

Instead he found a comfortable place to rest, his back to a tree and eyes focused on the forest away from where his companion refreshed herself. His legs were crossed neatly and his hands rested lightly on his knees as he entered an almost meditative state. Despite his lack of attention, Tatsu was acutely aware of everything around him, including Eälis.

SilmeriaElemred

The bathing did her good and the moonlight combined with the cool water took her pain away. She realised that she had forgotten to tell Tatsu one thing, which was that her people culd act a little bit feisty when exposed to the light they represented. Women when bathing in moonlight. Men when bathing in the sun.

She supposed it mattered little now though. She went fully under for a moment before she sat calmly in the water where she seemed to meditate. Truth be told she was wondering a couple of things which she asked to her Godess in her head. To some things, she got an answer. Some, not. When done she thanked Lunaria and got out of the water. Drying herself with a cotton towel she had taken out of her bag before bathing and put on some simple clothes.

''There... all better'' she said almost feeling as good as new. There was a healthy blush now on her cheeks as well. She looked at Tatsu for a moment and with a knife she skillfully cut some reeds which she could weave to make a basket.

Zero

Tatsu's eyes had fallen lightly closed as his consciousness had slowly expanded, taking in and feeling his surroundings. He could sense and hear the insects that moved through the dirt and grass, he could feel the pulse of the stream as it flowed along its gentle current. The movements of his bathing student, and the presence that seemed to surround her were observed but he moved on from that to seek out other lifeforms. For a short time he focused on the heartbeats of a small herd of deer, simply enjoying the rhythm of their life force.

Until Eälis finished bathing, at least. His eyes opened slowly as he peered up at her, observing her quietly as went to work on some reeds. "Why do you blush? I did not set my gaze upon you while you bathed." Not to mention her continued assurance that he could join her, so the blush that graced her cheeks now confused him slightly.

SilmeriaElemred

''I forgot to tell you... For women of my kin to bathe in the moonlight in that manner... it grants us more energy but it has some... side effects.'' Eälis replied. ''For men it is when they bathe in the day. But... it kind of makes us a little... how to call it... feisty. At least rather close to it. Those who actually have a mate, experience it the strongest and often results in lovemaking. Don't worry though I am not that sensitive for it. First off, I have no mate, and second my energy is better spent on other things. I did not stay in long enough to get the full effects but do not be suprised if you hear me purr when I bathe while the moon is it. But it also makes me feel more alive.'' she spoke calmly.

Zero

That was certainly interesting information. Tatsu still looked mildly puzzled. If such a reaction was not uncommon, then why would men and women bathe together unless they were mated? Would it not cause discomfort and embarrassment to those without mates? He did not experience any reaction to nudity, but most were not like himself. If he could still feel those desires would he find nudity embarrassing? He wasn't sure, he could not remember a time when he even felt such things.

"I see. That is certainly valuable information to know. I will remember it." Tatsu had never had intention to bathe with Eälis, but now he knew for sure that he would likely be declining all future invitations to share the water. No matter if she did not feel the effects too strongly, or only towards a mate, he'd rather avoid making her uncomfortable even on accident. Not to mention he was accustomed to those that were more modest in any regard.

Sighing he rose from where he was sitting, despite not wishing to bathe with his student, he had been covered in his own blood and did wish to cleanse himself. Now that she was finished, it was his turn. "Spend your time resting and relaxing as you see fit, Miss Eälis. I will be taking my turn to bathe now. There will be no further lessons tonight, I think."

With that he moved to the stream, finding a place where the water was deep enough and the current was lazy, he removed his clothing and stepped into the cold water. Tatsu was stoic much of the time, but a slight shudder moved through him at the chill. The moonlight reflected off the smears of almost shimmering silver blood that coated his skin in places. It wasn't until he was submerged to his waist that he began to lightly scrub the stains away.

SilmeriaElemred

''No more lessons despite I want to would be wise... Lunaria scolded me..'' she admitted as she continued weaving the basket. She wondered if he would allow her to peek or would be angry. He did not peek with her after all.

Eventually she did look. A little. He had a fair built she noticed that much with her quick glance. ''Need some help washing everything off?'' she asked. Figuring that maybe he could not reach all spots

Zero

Tatsu had his back to Eälis as he washed, so even had she stared it was unlikely that he'd have noticed her gaze, at least not directly. The blood was carried away by the water, dried as it was, it wiped away easily. When Eälis called out to him offering to help him, Tatsu turned to look at her as she sat working on her basket. "No, thank you."

Now he was facing her, the water still up to his waist, until he dipped down to submerge himself briefly before standing again and lightly running his fingers through his now damp hair. Magic tingled over his skin, shedding all the dirt and excess oil from him as he cleansed the filth of the day away. Despite the cold he seemed content to bathe in leisure, not rushing to get out at all.

SilmeriaElemred

She did look away when he declined her offer and finished the basket before getting on her feet. ''I will look for some food.''

She had seen some berry and nut bushes, root vegetables and herbs. She gently picked and plucked and was more then delighted when finding a few fruitbearing trees whose sight almost made her cheer. They could eat well for a few days.

Upon return, she had apples, wild peach, various berries, nuts, potatoes, carrots and onions. ''I hope you are hungry'' she said when she returned to the camp.

Zero

Tatsu did not look up when Eälis announced she would look for food. He simply continued his grooming for several more minutes before fetching his clothing from the bank and submerged and soaked the soiled garments before using magic to clean them thoroughly. The dried blood would have made them smell in addition to stiff and unpleasant to wear. Using magic to dry them once they were cleansed he found Eälis's soiled dress and gave it the same treatment.

When he left the stream for the final time magic pulled the water from his body, drying him completely before he dressed slowly and moved back to camp, neatly folding the clean dress and setting it back with the rest of Eälis's things. When she returned she would find him seated in much the same way, and in the same place, as he had been when she had finished bathing.

Tatsu didn't look up or open his eyes as he rested comfortably. "You should eat first. I am alright." Most of his nutrition came purely from the energy around him, but that did not mean he would not appreciate and enjoy the food she had brought. He simply did not require as much of it as another might.

SilmeriaElemred

''Ahw..'' Eälis said softly before sitting down and started to peel the nuts. ''It is more fun eating together though... but if you insist...''

After peeling the nuts, she peeled the potatoes and cut them into cubes. The same for the carrots, and the onion was sliced in half rings.

She filled 2 pans with water and let them both boil before adding carrot, most of the potatoes and most sliced onion in one pan, allowing it to stew, while in the other she put the herbs, a bit of the potato she had put aside, and a small onion which she first carefully allowed to brown at the fire which with time would make a nice herbal kind of gravy. Then a small pan came up in which she put a little bit of water, and heated it. Peeling the apples in the meantime, cutting them in quarters before putting them in the water so they could stove. She added some powder to it which could be identified as cinnamon when the scents started to slowly fill the camp.

Zero

"I will not go hungry, Miss Eälis. Make certain that you have had your fill, I would not see you go without." Tatsu could see that there was plenty of food for a meal, but the longer they stayed, the more of the local resources would be consumed. He honestly was not expecting when Eälis began cooking in earnest.

Pale eyes watched with mild fascination as she worked. The scents were certainly good, especially the cinnamon. He couldn't cook very well. Only very basic tasks, such as roasting meat over a fire. Not that he often ate meat. Given present company he doubted he'd eat any meat for quite some time. "You seem to know what you are doing with food."

SilmeriaElemred

''I can not make a lot of different dishes... but what I make is usually good.'' Eälis replied. She turned the apples around a little and stirred the gravy which started to thicken due to the potato in it. As final she checked the carrot, onion and potato mix. It seemed to go well. ''I like cooking. Although I am more of a taste for sweet fruits. I will not rest until I tried them all. From everywhere.'' she stated and paused.

''But nothing, beats chocolate.'' she giggled. ''To bad it is so expensive though.'' she checked the berries and sorted which ones were better off being turned into compote, and which could be eaten normally.

''Having proper nutricion makes sure you can travel better too. Makes sure that the body stays strong.''

Zero

"In all my years I have not learned to cook. I get most of what I need from absorbing the energy of nature, most of what I consume I eat raw or purchase already cooked." Tatsu could probably learn if he tried, but he had no desire to prepare food. He was also a fan of sweet fruits and chocolate, and made a note to purchase some of the rare sweets for Eälis when he chanced upon a vendor selling them.

"We will both need our strength." The dragon agreed, closing his eyes as he simply enjoyed the smell of the cooking meal.

SilmeriaElemred

The berries that were to soft to survive the night were added to the apple and when the food was done she removed the pans from the heatsource. ''It is convenient you can absorb nature's energies in such a way. If you ever wish to learn how to make a simple dish as this let me know. I will teach you. And whatever will be left today will still be good tomorrow.

''Can I offer you something as well? If you only want mash pot or just the fruit it is fine too.'' she said after she had put some of the mash pot and the thick brown herbal gravy in one of the bowls.

Zero

Tatsu was several thousand years old and had not learned to cook yet, somehow he did not think that he would be devoting much of his time to learning the skill now. It just was not a skill he thought was particularly useful to him personally given his usual dietary habits. "I am content to leave the cooking to those already possessing the skills, Miss Eälis."

His eyes remained closed as he listened to her movements as she filled a bowl for herself and offered him food. "Only if you insist."

SilmeriaElemred

''Insist huh... '' she said with a warm smile. ''I do not want to force it on you. But I am confident with making this.'' she winked. ''But if you do not feel like it I will simply not fill a second bowl and eat the rest tomorrow.'' she assured.

''To bad you have not learned how to cook. It is a form of relaxation for me too.''

Zero

"Are you implying that I am not relaxed?" Tatsu asked with an arched brow and a hint of amusement. He didn't see cooking as a means of relaxation, but he supposed for some people it might be. Just not him.

His first instinct was still to refuse to eat, saving it for Eälis, but while he did not need a great deal of food Tatsu was still required to eat some food. Even with the healing he had received and his own natural ability to heal, the last couple days had drained him. The flight had been refreshing, but he should probably still eat something.

"I will eat what you give me, Miss Eälis. We both must maintain our strength, even if that requires me to amend my stubborn defiance."

SilmeriaElemred

Eälis handed him the bowl and scooped up one for herself too. ''If you want more there is plenty.'' she assured. Well plenty. Her portions were never big no matter what she made and she made sure it would not spoil within 36 hours. In Summers she only made actual portions for herself to make sure it would not rot.

''I had not implied you are currently not relaxed. Just saying it is a way for some people.'' she chuckled and took a spoonfull of the mash pot. She smiled and then took another bite after finishing her first.

''Also. You call that stubborn? Try Moonelf children.'' she giggled.

Zero

Tatsu wordlessly took his bowl and hummed softly as he took his first bite. Of course it had smelled quite good, and he was not disappointed as he savored the simple dish. His pupil really was quite handy. At least they should be able to eat well during their training.

"Are Moonelf children any more stubborn than any other species of children? From my experience hatchlings are quite a handful, regardless of race." For a moment his eyes took on a bit of a faraway look, but he shook his head and continued eating.

SilmeriaElemred

''Well they are good at doing what you told them not to do. Till a certain degree though. Just before I left some strange venomous plants grew in the forest. Unfortunatly a few would not listen when it was forbidden for everyone with exception of the adults to go into the forest.'' there were a few fatal cases and a small amount survived barely.

''But it is also tempting to do things with illusion magic as well. I quickly learned that using magic without my tutors was a horrible idea.''