Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

How NOT to Train Your Dragon (Sil)

Started by Zero, April 21, 2015, 09:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

"I would not have offered if I thought it would be wasted." Tatsu said quietly. By now it should have been obvious that he was soft-spoken, not one to raise his voice more than necessary to be heard and understood. Her offer to continue to help him because of some "deep" pain she felt caused him to arch a brow at her.

"I could not ask you to continue to burden yourself with whatever pain you think you perceived. When I have my strength back that will be more than enough, Miss Eälis." He sighed heavily and closed his eyes again, obviously quite weary.

SilmeriaElemred

''Please... just Eälis is fine.'' she said as she took a blanket from her bag and put it over Tatsu. She sat down not so far from him in the sun. She was tired without a doubt but she would have to stay awake for now so Tatsu could sleep. Illusion magic, spells that affected surroundings for everyone or her puting them in individuals heads did not always work.

Zero

Tatsu didn't so much as stir as the blanket was laid over him. His mind had already drifted into slumber, seemingly unconcerned by sleeping slumped as he was there in the cave. It would have been his wish for Eälis to rest as well, or to have at least let her sleep first, but he was simply too weak to stay awake. He had not been at his best before the attacks, after losing so much blood he was next to useless.

Over two hours the only movement that came from him was the rise and fall of his chest while he breathed. Finally he moved beneath the blanket, sitting up slowly as he looked around for a few moments. Eventually his eyes came to rest on the form of his rescuer. "Did you sleep at all, Miss Eälis?"

SilmeriaElemred

''Not really...'' Ealis replied softly. She hat simply sat there in the grass but with her eyes closed.''There were bandits... I made sure they went a whole other direction. Especially after hearing that they had attacked you when they saw you. They will not come back.'' She opened her eyes and looked at Tatsu with a weak smile.''Elved do not need to sleep much anyway. Did you sleep well? ''

Zero

Tatsu sighed hearing about the bandits that had started this entire mess. If they had simply left him alone none of the rest would have happened. He wouldn't have needed to land and rest where the other hunters had ambushed him. At least they were gone now.

"Thank you for getting them out of the way." He pulled the blanket off himself as he stood slowly, seeming much steadier than before as he did so. Walking the few steps it took to reach her, Tatsu knelt behind her and laid the blankets gently about her shoulders. "You need to rest. Even if you say elves do not need very much sleep, you are drained, and it is my fault."

SilmeriaElemred

''I am alright now really. There is no need to feel guilty.'' Eälis said calmly. ''Sun, moon and starlight causes my kin to regain their power very soon. We are... depending on that light a lot as well. We can last without it for a week.'' She did keep the blanket around her though.

''But... I do not want to worry you either.'' she allowed herself to fall backwards in the moss and fallen leaves covered grass but did not know Tatsu was still there causing her to end up bumping in his chest. Not having expected that, thinking he had already moved away made her sit upright right away. ''Sorry..'' she chuckled. ''I did not mean to land against you''

Zero

"Feeling guilty is not always a bad thing." Tatsu chuckled. No, it wasn't always a bad thing. Guilt was your subconscious's way to let you know that you had done wrong. It, along with regret, were deeply embedded in his psyche. As a guardian he should have been one of the first of his kin to die - not the last. He'd failed his mate, his hatchlings, his elders...

Thankfully Eälis relented, agreeing to get some rest. He had not expected her to fall back so suddenly, but Tatsu didn't move until she sat up again. "It did not hurt." He said simply as he stood and stepped around her, moving to look out from their sheltered little sanctuary. His strength was returning, but he needed time in his true form. Once Eälis was rested he could take her with him for a brief flight before attempting again to get the refreshment he needed.

SilmeriaElemred

Though Eälis had appeared to be feeling fine, after she had fallen asleep she occasionaly shivered. Not from the cold. It seemed more like an energy dificiency. After all. Even in her sleep she still kept the illusions and wards up to prevent others from finding them. She seemed to calm down after a short while though after the sun casted its light on her again when a few clouds had passed. She seemed peaceful now and slept deep.

Zero

For a while Tatsu merely stood where he was, silent and still as he expanded his consciousness, testing the magic and energies around them. In this way he spent some time studying the illusions that Eälis generated and maintained. They were well-made, and he found little to fault in them. He felt the way she shivered, his mind brushing against hers on occasion as he explored their surroundings.

Once he actually checked on the sleeping elf, kneeling down to adjust the blanket so that she was covered better. He did not think she was cold, but he wished to make sure she was comfortable nonetheless. Eventually he settled again, returning to the place he'd rested before, finding his water and drinking it while he waited patiently for his companion to awaken.

SilmeriaElemred

''How long did I sleep...'' Eälis muttered softly said as she woke a few hours later. ''How are you feeling Tatsu?'' she asked as she sat up slowly. Wiping some dried grass from her face.

The final sunlight had just vanished behind the trees. At the least she seemed a little healthier. She did however not feel as such. As Tatsu brushed her mind with his she picked up strands of memories. Which was something not uncommon. Connections after all were most of the time two ways. Something she interpeted as normal dreams. Not exactly recalling what it was about, only how it felt.

Zero

"Hours, and I feel much better." Came the soft reply as pale blue eyes regarded her solemnly. Tatsu felt much stronger than he had before napping. Waiting while Eälis slept had been somewhat restful as well and the pain from the poison and his injuries were gone. If not his promise to take her flying, and some concern for her safety while she slept, Tatsu might have already left.

"Are you feeling better? You are not looking quite as pale as before." It was a relief to him, thinking that perhaps her expending energy to heal him had not left her worse for it with a bit of rest.

SilmeriaElemred

''I am alright. Really. I dreamt weird though. I do not remember exactly what but it felt... warm and loving... and suddenly turned into pain. A really deep pain with guilt. I never felt like that before..''  She folded up the blanket.''I... was wondering about something... and I feel quite ashamed as well for asking it... but my magic, combined with my weak body... do you think I could perhaps learn from you how to... control it better? I can heal physical wounds and mental ones.. but I am of no use if I black out... I have been traveling for years but the progress goes slower then the strength my power increases with...''

Zero

Tatsu turned his eyes away when she described her dreams, but his expression did not change to give away his thoughts or feelings about such a thing. He had not meant to connect in a way as to impose any subconscious thoughts upon her. From now on he would have to be more careful when touching another's mind. His only goal had been to reassure himself that she was fine, but she must have perceived something from him in return.

Eälis seemed rather perceive, or perhaps receptive, all around. She had connected to him somehow while healing him as well. It discomforted him to know that she could sense his buried pain. That was something he tried to hide almost as carefully as his true nature.

He turned his head to look at her more fully when she asked if he would be willing to allow her to learn from him. Tatsu had almost thought to ask if she needed, or wanted, his help when she'd admitted her lack of control earlier. It was in his nature to want to help, especially females. Although another thought struck him.

"You have been traveling for years? You seem barely old enough to be out on your own. How have you even managed to survive?" This was not a kind world, and she herself claimed to be physically weak.

SilmeriaElemred

''I avoided Connlaoth as much as I could... use illusions even while I sleep. I forage, work as a healer sometimes or with animals. In a rare occasion I find a job. But that is about it. It is not easy but still managable. I jyst do not want my magic to at some point get so strong I really can no longer hold it. If you cant for whatever reason then ou couse I understand.''

Zero

Tatsu still couldn't fathom the notion that this girl, barely even considered an adult by human standards, had been traveling alone for years. That still begged the question of if he should help. She had saved his life, perhaps he owed her more than just a short flight. What she was asking was a great responsibility to put upon his shoulders, however.

"We would have to come to an understanding of the parameters of such an arrangement. I travel a great deal, much of the time for business with mortals. Are you prepared to follow where I lead? I cannot have an apprentice that is not present for instruction. You will be expected to follow directions. Can you submit to my authority?"

He closed his eyes lightly, still considering what to say. "In return I would take responsibility for your well-being. Food, shelter, protection - I will ensure you have it provided for you so that you will be free to focus on my teachings, and I will never abuse the authority given me by being your mentor. You would be free to discontinue this arrangement at any time."

Pale eyes opened again to look at her very seriously. "Is this agreeable to you? Do you have further stipulations or amendments to the founding of this apprenticeship?"

SilmeriaElemred

''I accept your terms'' Eälis said and kneeled graciously and deep. She wanted to mention that would the time arise, she would protect him too but somehow she knew it was something he would not agree upon. But what was not mentioned, could not nessesarily be denied right? In a matter of perspective.

''I shall follow your directions. Submit to your authority. Follow wherever you lead and give it everything I have. Last thing I would want is you having wasted your time on me. I had taken that into consideration when I asked. But... somehow...I know that I can learn a lot from you. The way I am now... I am a danger to many around me.'' It was why she was alone to begin with.

Zero

That made Tatsu shift uncomfortably. He kept his mouth firmly closed until she finished speaking, no matter how much seeing her practically prostrate herself before him made his skin itch. A held breath was released she finished and rose so that he could go stand before her. "Please, Miss Eälis, I am your teacher, not your master. You need not kneel so."

He reached a hand down, offering her help in rising to her own feet. "You also need not worry about hurting anyone you do not mean to do harm to. I will be with you. If your magic begins to slip from your control I will stop it myself."

SilmeriaElemred

Ealis nodded and accepted his help to get herself back on het feet.''I hope with your teachings I can learn to do it myself someday'' she said. She smiled happily and there were some tears of joy in her eyes. Hearing branches crack not to far away from them though brought her back to reality.''what will we do?''

Those who were responsible for the breaking of the dead twigs would be guided elsewhere. The illusion making it appear as if the cave was where they were unly collapsed and tovdangerous to even aproach. She could hear the vouces even clearly with her elven senses that it would be best to camp elsewhere. and judging by the sound of their voices it were the bandits again.

''Want to stay here till dawn or leave this place now. I would be amazed if you recovered enough already... due all the bloid you have lost..''

Zero

"I have faith that you will, Miss Eälis." Tatsu offered her a slight smile as he looked down at her with a gentle expression. He made note of the tears that made her eyes shimmer, and felt that he had made the right decision in agreeing to this. She would appreciate his offerings of wisdom and he would appreciate the company. It did get unbearably lonely.

His expression hardened instantly as the sounds of intruders reached his ears. Even more than before the instinct to protect the young elf surged in him. It was his responsibility now to keep her safe. Tatsu could recognize the voices of the bandits that had originally hunted him. Eälis had said she'd seen them off for good.

"If we left it would have to be on foot. I cannot risk flying with them so close. I might not get out of their range before they attacked." Of course Eälis could hide their take off with her illusions, but he would rather not risk her safety at all if he could help it. "I could send them fleeing for their lives. There is little more terrifying than a dragon's ire.

His pale eyes glowed softly with anger. Those fools had hurt him, caused him to be vulnerable to those more proficient hunters, and now they endangered Eälis with their presence.

SilmeriaElemred

The elf did not understand either. Perhaps they knew the area better then she did. At the least they passed them now, making the cave appear elsewhere and in no state to be close by with. It happened on occasion people could see through them but they were tricked in thisone.

''Dragon fire... would it not set the forest ablaze as well?'' she asked. ''Normally people would say they would deserve it to die but... would it not be best to go? I will gather my belonings... we could walk to the opposite direction for a bit. It is dusk so they will set up camp somewhere anyway. Most likely at the edge of the woods where we had come from.''

Tags: