Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Always Waiting for the Night [m]

Started by Draconian, May 18, 2015, 12:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

Tag for @DaGlobster

Prowling was a good word for what she was doing.  Gardenia was larger than any beast in the forest though she had a few wolves following her the occasional look over her shoulder kept them from being too much of a problem. The night was late and the full moon hung bright and fat in the sky. Gardenia wasn't totally a beast, but she wasn't herself in this form and the claw marks she left in the trees while she wandered were a clear indicator.

There was no attempt to hide her form or keep to the shadows. At one point in the night there was even some happy bouncing around. Her long tail flicked behind her and eventually Gardenia began to run. The part of her that was the beast reveled in the running, the way her paws felt against the ground, the roots of the trees trying to trip her as she went. The human inside wanted to shrink away and hide. Wanted to duck her  head and press it to a tree until she woke up human again.

Gardenia had escaped from her handlers. When a full moon was on the way she went to a remote area of the forest and was kept to a small patch of forest. There were trust worthy guards and a lock on the door. This time she'd burst from the door and with the instructions not to hurt her the guards could only watch as she escaped at speeds they couldn't keep up with.

The only thing telling about Gardenia was the cloak she had tied around her throat, though it was a comical look for the giant beast, it was practical wear for when she woke up naked.

Brightness is the sky had the beast turning and glaring at it, giving a sniff until, off in the distance. A scent. Turning her head, Gardenia moved closer to it. It was unusual, something she didn't know. With neither caution or fear she moved towards it, giving deep sniffs of the unfamiliar scent before she lowered her head and stared with odd eyes at it. The noise that came out of her mouth could have sounded like 'what' but the possibility of words was slim.

DaGlobster

Even Varian had to admit, there were times when it was all too much.  The madness, the forbidden knowledge, seeing the world for what it truly looked... He would rejoin his fathers, seep back into the starless void from which he was sired.

But not tonight.

Instead, Varian was content to stare, to allow his irredeemably twisted mind to piece itself back into a state of calm. He loved watching the stars move in the sky more than anything else in the world, to lay on the grass and take in just how delightfully insignificant it all was.

However, there was something... Else.

Varian sat up, eyes scanning the small clearing around him. There was something else here with him, and this time, it wasn't one of his brothers or sisters. 

Draconian

Ah.

There it was.

Gardenia followed the scent to a clearing and stared at the man as he stared at the stars.

A quiet whuff and she moved closer before completely invading his space, standing over him and looking down at him. A quiet, very brief growl and a series of quiet barks was some attempt at communicating but she quickly lost interest and instead sat.

Her hands were in front of herself, far too human looking to be a giant wolfs. The delicate antlers that sprouted from the black hair on her head were jarring on the head of a beast. A friend. This was clearly a friend. Gardenia tipped back her head and let out a howl before looking down at this new friend expectantly. 

DaGlobster

Varian looked on at the werewolf. He didn't quite know how long they'd been looking at each other for, but it wasn't too long. He felt revulsed and warm at the same time. Werewolves were not his kin, yet they were abberrations all the same. Perhaps it was why this werewolf was being unusually calm...

He stood up slowly as the creature approached him, hands at his sides with the palms open. She had caught him before he could take off any clothing, so his freakish anatomiy was almost completely hidden to her. The only thing that remained visible was his left eye, a black void sprinkled with what apeared to be stars.

He'd long lost any desire for personal space, or other etiquettes. He didn't even flinch at Gardenia's advance.

She sat down in front of him, looking at him expectantly, and he smiled. He didn't quite know what to make of all this yet, but he could definitely start.

He reached out with a gloved hand, slow and tentative, and set it down on Gardenia's head. He began to pet her, curious to see the result.

"Are you lost?"

Draconian

Friiiiiieeeends.

Gardenia pressed her head into the hand, moving it so he was rubbing by the little antlers that sprouted from her head. The vocalizing began and she just made a bunch of noises, clearly telling this fellow a story. While petting the top of her head with his hand she stiffed and turned slowly, looking into the slowly brightening sky behind the trees.

Gently, Gardenia took his hand in her mouth - which seemed impossible for all the fangs - and started to lead him away from the light, making noises and 'talking' all the way. A meaningful look at the sky where the sun would come up and she continued to lead him away. If she was going to run away from the sunrise then she's gonna take her new friend with her, damnit!

Before long she dropped his hand and sat down again, her tail flicking back and forth.

"P-plaaaaay." And she looked extremely pleased with herself, a quick run around in the spot and she sat down again and repeated herself, still looking pleased.

DaGlobster

Mostly out of curiosity, Varian allowed himself to be led away by this werewolf. There was something delightful about it all, and this sort of experience wasn't completely new to him. Sometimes, his brothers and sisters would find him, and lead him off on similar tangents. They were aberrant beasts, similar to Gardenia, although their origins...

She set his hand down, and he snapped back out of his mental tangent.

"P-plaaaaay."

Varian raised an eyebrow.

"Play?"

He laughed, glancing around before returning his eyes to Gardenia. He pet her again, this time with a bit more energy.

"All right, then... Let's play."

Draconian

Again, more pets.

Gardenia leaned into them before she began to leap and bound, giving yips and generally having a lot of fun playing by herself. There was someone new here though which meant they were playing together. The cloak that had been tied around the werewolf's neck had fluttered to the ground and the sky got brighter. Curiously the beast moved towards the fabric, giving it a sniff. Curious as to why it smelled like her, but not her.

Then the sun came up.

Not paying attention, Gardenia lept towards the new friend, pressing her head into his hand again before the first rays of sunshine licked at her black fur. The beast took another turn, her lips peeled back to reveal violent fangs and she snarled and barked at Varian before she grew silent. Clawed hands grabbed at the ground in an effort to hold on but still the sun rose and the beast shuddered violent before hunching over, making pained noises as cracks and pops were heard.

Soon enough, the noises were done and in the wolfs place was a girl. Small, young. Gardenias hands on the ground, dirt beneath her nails and clumps of grass in her hands. A sheen of sweat was on her skin and her hair stuck to her face. Panting and staring at the ground, she closed her eyes for a moment before she remembered. Someone was there.

Gardenia turned towards the stranger, her more logical instincts told her to get away, but she remembered. This person hadn't turned violent. She looked towards the mans hand she'd grabbed in her mouth and then back at his face. "I..." She swallowed, "I've never talked before, who are you?"

A few steady breaths and she looked towards her cloak. All the way over there. Slowly her hands rose to hide her breasts and her legs tucked in closer to herself to hide everything else.

DaGlobster

Varian quickly found himself to be joyful, and before long, his usually fake smile turned into a genuine one. There was something about the playfulness of this beast that just brought something else out him. Could this beast be one of his kin? She certainly didn't smell, or feel, or even look like one...

All aloofness disappeared, however, when Gardenia snarled at him. Varian retreated his hand. He tightened them into fists, expecting Gardenia to turn on him, but when he saw the source of her agitation, he loosened up.

He watched her turn back, first with curiosity, but then with hedonistic glee. Her question snapped him out of it, and he considered his answer.

Finally, he smiled.

"A friend."

Draconian

"A friend?"

It was soft and she let her head drop down for a moment before standing up quickly, rushing towards her cloak and whipping it on. It was one thing to prance around as a furry fanged beast, it was another entirely to be completely naked in front of a strange man. A strange friend. A born and bred lady, Gardenia didn't really feel comfortable naked in front of anyone, even the maids that helped her wear her more elaborate dresses.

Poking her arms through the sleeves she did the buttons up of the cloak and looked around. She was very much lost. The dawn light made her wince and she rubbed at her eyes and rolled her shoulders.

"I... I apologize." She nodded towards his hand, fully aware of what she'd done.  "I'm not myself when I'm... Her." Gardenia looked around, her toes pressing against the ground while she stood there feeling quite awkward. "You... You're not afraid of me." Even the guards were afraid of her, "Why?"

DaGlobster

"Well, of course I'm not afraid of you," Varian said, and crossed his arms.

He adjusted his own clothing slightly, feeling less comfortable now that the stars were waning. He fixed his collar, and took a few adjustory steps towards her.

"Just like you, I'm... Different."

He pulled his gloves on a bit tighter.

"You don't need to apologize, you were rather nice, actually. All things considered..."

Draconian

When he stepped towards her she took a few back. Not an animal anymore she was far less trusting. Still, this man had seen the worst side of her and she was hesitant to throw that away.

"Different?" She watched him pull his gloves and she held her hands together, fingers intertwining. Gardenia bit her lip and nodded slowly, blushing lightly at being called 'rather nice'. That was a beast. It was a monster and she felt shame burn in her chest that someone had seen her. What's worse, now she was lost. She had no idea where she had run to. Surely they had the tracker guards after her, the beast was clumsy.

"I... How are you different? Are you like me or... Different-different?"

DaGlobster

Varian stopped walking towards her when she backed away to keep their distance. He found it a tad difficult to remain still, however, and just took to pacing slowly.

"No, not a lycanthrope, I... Well..."

Varian took off his hat so she could see his mismatching eyes better. One normal, one a black, starry void.

"It's complicated, but I have a question for you. You said you were never able to speak in your best form?"

Draconian

Gardenia stared at his eyes. They were a more creepy version of hers. Though one wasn't gold and one blue. Instead, this man had a sky in his. Openly she stared at him, blinking at him before offering a kind smile. Which slowly turned to a slightly disappointed one. He wasn't a lycanthrope. Not like her. His question surprised her and she shuffled her feet where she stood.

"I... I've never tried." She admitted, "People are frightened of me. And... I found you and... You were a friend and I wanted to play so... so I wanted to tell you that." Gardenia looked around. "I.. I stay inside when I become Her where I'm closely guarded."

DaGlobster

Varian nodded.

"People fear what they do not understand. They fear me, fear you... I find it amusing how even a nation like Serendipity can hold its reservations."

He took one more step towards her, but only to lean slightly against a tree. He took his hat off, holding the brim delicately in his hands. He looked back up to Gardenia, and smiled warmly.

He offered a hand for her to take. Behind his calm and civilized exterior, the cackling madman was hard at work.

"My name is Varian Whately. May I have the pleasure of knowing yours, milady?"

Draconian

Remembering herself she moved closer and accepted the hand, she shook it calmly and then blushed and moved her hands to her mouth. Like a proper lady she curtsied and ducked her head down.

"I am Gardenia Silinrul."

Perhaps it was a bad idea to mention it, but he gave his first. The man had probably no idea who she was, and that was going to be nice. She supposed. 

"I think.. It's just because I can be violent. Surely I was violent to burst out of the cottage." Probably scared the poor guards half to death. Gardenia held her hands at her sides and then looked around at the forest, "May I ask what you were doing out here?" She tried to recall what she had interrupted and looked up at the sky, "Star gazing?"

DaGlobster

"A pleasure, Gardenia," Varian said, giving her a somewhat proper bow as well. When she asked her question, he nodded.

"Yes..."

Varian looked up. The dawn was fast approaching, yet some stars still remained. He sighed, the mere sight of them bringing him warmth.

"Watching the stars is where I find solace. There is an incredible amout of peace to be found by just studying them."

Draconian

Still she stared up at them, glad that even the smallest amount of it being not nighttime made her turn back. It made it easier for her to face the day. Unless she was naked in the woods with a stranger. That made the day a little harder to face.

"Is there?" Interested she moved closer, curious as to what he saw when he looked up. Then she looked back at him, moving closer, one bare leg peeking out of her cloak when she took a step closer. "I've never really taken notice. They're always just... There."  Gently she bit her lip.

"Can anyone find peace by studying them? Or is that unique to you?" Maybe if she started star gazing her troubles and worries would just... Go away.

DaGlobster

Varian, unlike Gardenia, was perfectly fine with her standing closer to him. He read her body language, kept his own open and approachable.

At her question, he crossed his arms, thinking about the answer. Finally, after a couple seconds, he answered.

"I suppose anybody can meditate under the stars. But me, I have a connection to them. In a way, I'm very similar to you. When the stars align in the right fashion, I change too."

Of course, that last bit was a lie. He was always a monster, but right now, he knew making himself relatable and approachable was key. If it ever came down to it, he could hide the body he kept hidden under clothing with magic.

Draconian

Wide eyes looked up and her mouth parted slightly before she politely shut it. Her lips thinned and she looked up and then back at him. If she turned into a giant beast during the full moon, what would he become. Gardenia studied him closely, looking him up and down before remembering that she herself, didn't resemble her wolf.

Except for the eyes. That part was pretty obvious.

"Do you? I don't think I'd like it if it was just because of stars." Gardenia looked up, tilting her head, pushing her hair back while she did so. "There are so many. It would be difficult to keep track of." Her head snapped back and she gently bit her lip, "Though, I don't know the process for you. Is it just one star? Or ... How does that work." Ever curious, she kept her head tilted and stared up at them.

She'd never noticed how beautiful they were before.

DaGlobster

"Well, there's a chain of sixteen stars. They form an ancient constellation every three months. Under the light of that, I change."

He leaned up off of the tree, and stepped next to Gardenia, looking up at the sky. Then, he looked back at her, meeting her eyes. He tilted his head curiously.

"Your eyes, they're rather striking..."