Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Black River Calling

Started by visualspice, May 19, 2015, 02:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Aïda's eyes moved in thought and she was quick to reply,
"I made my oath. I will abide by my promises, my vows." Her eyes burned with determination.
"I will take down any and all who stand in my way of my rightful throne. Be it here, with the priestess, and then in the future, All of Essyrn."

She closed her hand and closed her eyes, feeling the itching burn of the mark, feeling his power, feeling the connection.

"I'd have to kill her."

The high priestess.... The Shah.

"I'd have to kill them all.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DaGlobster

Varian grinned at Aïda's sudden return of determination, and he took her hand, passing the other hand over the mark to soothe the itching and actually spread a soothing feeling through her.

"And they will die, Aïda. Your enemies will all end up at your feet. Whether they are bowing or dead is for you to decide," He said.

"Your first target is the high priestess, but her guards and servants form a high wall. So, if you cannot attack her body, Aïda, what is the remaining target?"

visualspice

She was glaring at Varian, but not at him directly, more at the trick or idea he had opened.
"Is.. this a trick? I.. suppose we'd have to eliminate her guards somehow." But even she sounded just a tad more deflated at the thought.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DaGlobster

"Your primitive thoughts betray you. There are more viable targets than someone's body..."

Pressure would start to build up in Aïda's mind, sort of like a sudden migraine. The air around Varian seemed to compress as well as he exerted his psychic force.

"You will target her mind. Her sanity. When her terrors drive her off of the throne, you will be ready to sit on it yourself. Any who dissent against you will meet the same fate..."

visualspice

With a gasp, she swooned at the sudden pressure, and found herself nearly losing consciousness as she managed to catch herself on her knees when she dropped. She clung to the sides of her head, the world spinning. But as it calmed, so did she as she slowly lifted her gaze to him. And a smile was drawn across her lips.

"How?"

DaGlobster

Varian stepped up to Aïda, so that when she looked back up at him, he was right there in front of her, her head level with his hip. He reached down, and cupped both her cheeks in his hands.

"You will use the sorceries I will teach you. Before you can learn how to evoke the universe's true geometries to destroy your enemies, you must learn how to weave the tapestries of the mind."

Gently, he passed a finger over her cheek. His touch would soothe her, not only reversing the pain of the migraine but also bringing forth a loving warmth.

"Everything you see, everything you touch, it is all an illusion manufactured by your eyes. Humans do not percieve the world as it is, they percieve the world as their senses interpret them. Even the most brief glimpse into the truth can cast the uninitiated into madness."

visualspice

Her face felt flush, as did the rest of her body. Resting her hand over his, she looked into his eyes.
"I have so much to learn."

DaGlobster

As usual, she'd find that Varian's starry eyes twinkled with promises of the unknown.

"So much to learn... so much to conquer," Varian said, and he smiled. One of his hands moved to the back of her neck, and he motioned for her to rise.

"Once you have secured the seat of the High Priestess, you will have the privacy to construct your altar and advance to the next stage of your teachings. For now, listen closely, for I will give you your first incantation, The Curse of The Stone."

Varian's hand went to Aïda's temple, so that even as he spoke, the vivid and horrifying imagery of the beyond filled her mind and made sure the knowledge was burned in properly.

"You must acquire a small stone tablet, no larger than your hand. Etch your target's name upon it, her greatest fears, her weaknesses. Bury the slab in the sand with a poisonous plant and a smattering of blood upon it. Chant..."

The following words were indescribably potent, every syllable charged with the malignancy of the void. When he was done repeating them, he brought her in even closer.

"After this is done, you need but to see the high priestess and repeat the final word. Her eyes will deceive her, she will be plagued by phantoms and illusions, and she will be brought into horror. After the initial horror passes and her senses return, she will be haunted by them every night until her sanity finally breaks."

Tags: