Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Planning out a new race and its impact

Started by Saber-Five, May 19, 2015, 05:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber-Five

This one will take some time to be developed but I'm planing to create a new species, a culture, and one or two future characters from it. I know the rules about this okay with it as long as it's not godmoding but I want some opinions for how this can be approached. My question is could ships in this series' day and age take a group of people, like say a remnant of a nation could travel from a distant island far away and arrive on the shores of the Le'raana continent?  I intend for this race to be people as desperate refugees coming to a new land and finding new ways to live while holding onto what's left of their culture.

I kinda envision them as canine in appearance so far but it's a process to work on and I'm not sure if a dog-like species done before in this series or not? So any advice on this matter?

Arthuriel

What if they're descendants of Werewolves?

Saber-Five

Quote from: Spicious on May 19, 2015, 05:36:08 PM
What if they're descendants of Werewolves?

Yes that could be an option but don't werewolves already got a presence on this site already?

Arthuriel

Yeah, but if they come from a different land then it could be that the Werewolves there evolved differently.

Saber-Five

Oh that is interesting concept to consider. Thanks Spicious!  :D

Zane

Quote from: Saber-Five on May 19, 2015, 05:30:43 PM
My question is could ships in this series' day and age take a group of people, like say a remnant of a nation could travel from a distant island far away and arrive on the shores of the Le'raana continent?  I intend for this race to be people as desperate refugees coming to a new land and finding new ways to live while holding onto what's left of their culture.

What you are thinking of is an ark. or something similar. You say that they come from another land, well what if this land had advanced greatly in shipbuilding. Anything is possible if you justify it :)

Saber-Five

Fair point, something like an ark would do nicely. I kinda picture it being one of the very last pieces to their original civilization beside their culture before arriving on the continent. When they come if it definably won't be as would-be conquerors but as struggling survivors on the brink. The other thing I'm trying to figure out is how many people of this remnant would be made of, like say somewhere in the a few thousands or just in the hundreds.

Kriv

My question is, that if they are refugees, what drove them from their homeland (such as war disease etc.) F they were conquered what of their enemies, whatrole do they play?

Saber-Five

Quote from: Kuma-chan on May 20, 2015, 11:27:58 AM
My question is, that if they are refugees, what drove them from their homeland (such as war disease etc.) F they were conquered what of their enemies, whatrole do they play?

Been leaning toward the idea that they were living on an on sizable island for many generations and were going through a violent revolt of some sort. Then at the hieght of the conflict a major disaster of supernatural kind, involving magic users and deities sinks their home to the bottom of the ocean and kills most of the population. The only survivors are onboard this ark which was built originally to just built as a last resort means to escape the civil war.