Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

"Little" prisoner (Winter!)

Started by thehiddenbeast13, June 13, 2015, 10:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehiddenbeast13

There it was, a nice and large ship just ripe for the taking. Inigo felt his back pocket and felt no coins in it at all, he had to do it if he wanted to eat. He was sure that most, if not all of the men had left to the tavern for a drink. The perfect cover for Inigo to sneak in and try and find something of value. The boy quickly ran through the sands and into the water as he began to slowly climb up the hull and soon was on the ship.

Inigo looked around in confusion, where could he go? He looked down at his bare feet and saw a small hatch. He quickly found a way to open it and slipped down into the depths of the ship and looked around in the storage. There were barrels of water, rum, and a few other things here and there but Inigo just wanted to find some food or money. He then came across a small crate and quickly opened it to find a small pile of coins. Inigo smiled at his luck and took as many of the coins as possible and shoved them into his pocket, but dropped some on the ground making a soft 'clink' sound every-time one fell onto the ground.

Inigo had finally finished stuffing his pockets and slowly began to climb back out. He couldn't see if anyone was already above him, but he carefully pushed the top open and began to walk out only to see...

Winters-Feather

Chris thought he saw a shadow pass. He was stationed in the Crow's Nest, an hour into his shift. The Reaper's Chalice had switched its colors to a civilian merchant flag, and most of the men were at ease. Still, it was Chris' duty to make sure security was tight, and he preferred to stay on ship, anyway, at least tonight. He had seen a shadow. It could have been anything, but to be on the safe side, he scanned the ship, using his magic eye to sense every living and magical thing on board. It didn't glow under his eyepatch, but he could see all the same.

There was someone directly below him, in the storage. They had magic, too. Chris tried to quickly think of whom it could be, but any being that fit those two requirements were on shore.
Thief, Chris thoughht, gritting his teeth.
He wasted no time in loading a pistol. Quicker than a squirrel, he scrambled from his post down and down the ladder when the thief emerged from plundering. 

Chris narrowed his good eye, gray as a storm, as he aimed the pistol squarely for the culpret's chest. He was taller than Chris was, but scrawnier.
And much dirtier, he thought with almost a grimace. He did't know what he was more replused by, the thiefry or the grime.
"Don't move or you die," he demanded sharply.

thehiddenbeast13

Inigo was about to make his escape until he heard someone shout for him to stay still or die. He instantly froze and whispered, "Samson, help." But the answer Inigo received was something that made Inigo's stomach drop. He heard the ghostly voice of his companion, but he didn't seem to be at all supportive "I warned you of the consequences child! Now you must face them," He heard the ghastly whisper say. Inigo bit his tongue and looked back at the stranger before shouting over to stranger,"Please, I'll put all the stuff back, just let me go sir!"

Winters-Feather

Chris furrowed his brow, even more annoyed by the child's behavior. But something else troubled him too. That magic glow was there again, only Chris couldn't make out where exactly what hte magic was doing. Its aura was around the boy, like a figure of it's own.
He's surely planning a trap, he thought, refusing to lower his arm.
"Enough. I'll tell you when you may move, and that time is not present," he snapped.  "Kindly put the goods on the ground now, boy. Now."

thehiddenbeast13

Inigo quickly nodded and took the coins out of his pocket and dropped the onto the ground. He then held up his hands and shouted back,"That's all I took, swear on my life!" The odd formation Chris had seen earlier had seemed to stop wrapping around Inigo and instead moved off to the side and clearly formed what appeared to be the upper half of a man and had both of its arms cross and seemed to be staring directly at Inigo.

Winters-Feather

Chris continued to scowl at the thief but just as he was about to bark another order, a ghostly figure  materialized before Chris. The pirate faltered, his good eye widening.
"Kia protect me," he muttered.
He could feel his heart pounding through his ears. Gods, he had expected something but not THAT.
I have to warn the crew, he thought, a littel nanoyed there wasn't ANYBODY ELSE on deck. Whoever left is on board.
"What conjuring is this?!" he asked the boy.

thehiddenbeast13

Inigo, pointing in Samson's direction, said, "Him? This is Samson, I didn't think you'd be able to see him. Only people who can see spirits like me, or have another way of seeing his presence. He's a companion of mine, claims he was a warrior who perished and used some form of magic to keep himself from "truly" perishing." He then sighed a little and said,"Now that you know that he won't hurt you, may I please go now?"

Winters-Feather

chis tensed, refusing to lower the gun. The description horrified him. that thing was clearly cursed and damned, and he would certainlly not allow it on this ship!  he was planning on locking Up the boy, but this... the lad was lucky he wasnt about to deal with local authoritizes.
"Get off the ship or youll be joining your  friend," he growled.

thehiddenbeast13

Inigo sighed as he hopped off of the ship and right onto the beach bellow. He could only begin walking at this point, and had to hear the familiar scolding tone of Samson saying, "See child? I warned you of your punishment, now that you almost died, I suggest we go and try to find a way to earn coins instead of stealing from others!" Inigo sat down in the beach, keeping his distance from the ship, and said, "Well you don't think I've tried? No one wants to hire a beggar! I look like trash, and everyone sees me as worthless! Even though I have skills and the willingness to learn, but that doesn't matter Samson. The truth is, I just need to find a way to keep myself alive."

Winters-Feather

chris watched the boy Go, unallowing himself to relax until tthe lad was a safe distance away. Chris placed rhe gun back into the hoister with a shutter.
An honest, real life, ghost, he thought as he promptly began to gather coins. It would not due to leave them scattered about. He never speculated he could see them, and chris thought he wasnt keen on the idea.
I best tell morgan and the captain, he thought, imaginig the earful that would await him.

The next afternoon, he stood smartly in front of the ship, his good eye scanning for potential recruits. They were down a few hands from a recent battle with a rival ship. Though many had already approached chris about earning their keep on the seemingly merchant ship, he only welcomed four of them. even though chris was careful with whom he extended an inventation aboard to, he pocketed a memory eraser spell just in case a recruit decided the life of crime on hugh seas was not for tben

thehiddenbeast13

Inigo was back at the beach the next day, sometime during the afternoon and saw that the ship was still there.  He stopped and saw that man from earlier standing in front of the ship and Inigo could only assume that he was looking for potential crew members after watching him allow a person onto the ship. Inigo was about to head back to his usual begging spot, but Samson stopped him and said,"Inigo, this could be your chance to make some coins so you don't starve anymore." Inigo shook his head and said,"No, no you're absolutely mad." Samson continued to bug Inigo, but Inigo wouldn't budge a inch and stayed put no matter how much Samson pleaded.

Winters-Feather

As he started to get bored, Chris scanned the market.
Fashion's changed again, he thought in approval as a woman walked by in a shapely outfit. None of the local ships seemed suspicious of the Reaper. In fact, some  captains and mates of neighboring ships came and asked him about its interprise. Each time, Chris gave the same prompted response on the ship  belonging to a rich merchant who specialized in exotic  goods and magic. In the middle of launching into their benefactor's history, Chris' eyes landed on the thief who had tresspassed on the ship the night before. Chris quickly used his magic again, and, sure enough, the same sentient glow was around him, again.
"If you'll excuse me, sir," Chris said with his most charming smile and bow before marching straight towards Inigo with frightful speed.
"You, boy!" he exclaimed. "What are you doing here, again?"

thehiddenbeast13

Inigo continued to argue with Samson until he saw the man from yesterday rush up to him and had asked him why he was here. Inigo raised a eyebrow and said,"I was hoping that you had left, but clearly I was wrong. Just because you are here, doesn't mean that I'm stripped of being able to stay at this beach." He then turned around and began to walk to the farther edge of the beach and plumped himself onto the sand. Samson on the other hand, was constantly shouting at Inigo to go and inquire about becoming part of the crew, and would constantly point and shake his finger at Inigo like any father would to his child.

Winters-Feather

Chris scowled at the boy's rudeness.
"Thieves get no rights," he snapped back, ignoring the hypcrocity of his own words.
He let the boy storm off, though, nwilling to pursue the ignorant child. That, and, well, the ghost was still trailling him, clearly large and upset about something, though Chris didn't care to know what about. He stopped using his glass eye in fear of straining it, and the ghost disappeared. Wholly unsettling, Chris thought before he decided to return to his duties, a bit mro short tempereted than before.

thehiddenbeast13

Inigo growled and shouted back to the man,"Up yours!" and put his head in between his knees. Samson had given up on Inigo and said,"Fine, but don't expect anymore help from me child!" Inigo finally snapped and said,"Fine, I'll do it!" He then stood up straight and walked over to Chris and asked,"Are you...accepting...crew members?" Just asking made Inigo want to scream, but he had no choice in his current situation.

Winters-Feather

Chris humphed at the boy's question. 
"Yes, but not you," he said flatly. "Insolence is not tolerated on this ship."

thehiddenbeast13

Inigo sighed and said,"Please! I need to find a way to make a honest earning and this may as well be my best bet! I can assure you that I'm not cursed!"

Winters-Feather

:'(chirs had to chuckle at the 'onest living' bIt. He almost felt sorry foe rhe pitiful lad.
"this isnt just a matter of awearing whats cursed and what isnt, boy," the pirate pointed out. No men were approching him now so he had no choice but to deal with theTall child.
Chris folded his arns behind his back.
"First off, straighten your back and address me as sir properly," he demanded. "introduce yourself. you can do that properly atleast?"

thehiddenbeast13

"Yes sir," Inigo said trying to act the way Chris had instructed,"My name is Inigo Roschmann." He then tried to straighten himself up and waited for the next question. Samson was nearby, clearly impressed that Inigo had actually listened to him for once.

Winters-Feather

"humph," Chris muttered. "Better."
Better, but he still wasn't impressed.
"Right, Mr. Roschmann," Chris continued.  "What makes you think you can last a week upon our ship?"