Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Yes, of Course I'm Staying to Watch! (SilmeriaElemred!)

Started by JackieCat, June 28, 2015, 10:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

Faelis smiled and laughed. "That would be quite fun, I think," he said. "I'm up for it!"
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''Splendid'' Leyla said enthausiastic. ''It is fun. Also dancing around someone who has bad intentions making it look like game is really amusing.'' Especially with drunks who already barely could keep their footing and would tumble over.

JackieCat

Faelis laughed at the thought, then his face took on a thoughtful expression. "I know this is off-topic, and I don't really want to spoil to mood, but I really admire you and your family, and how protective your parents are.  They really are wonderful people, and they raised a wonderful young woman."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

Leyla did not know why but her cheeks became red. ''Thank you.'' She said. ''I'm sure mother and father would both blush and stumble on the words. And appreciate it.'' She wished she could say the same but Faelis basicly raised himself. ''Since we are confessing anyway... I admire you as well. Many pople would have turned out a lot differently then you did. And I hope, with most likely a few small arguements aside...'' no matter who or where, arguements were unavoidable. ''you and I will get along very well.''

JackieCat

"Thank you," Faelis said. "I hope we get along well too, and I think we will."

Just talking to Leyla made the elven thief feel a bit guilty about misleading this young woman, but not guilty enough to tell her the truth, not yet.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''Alright youngsters, brunch is done'' Shaiya said cheerfully. Drakkar was helping to put everything on the table.

When inside, Leyla complimented her mother. She had made this all in a matter of hours.
There was soup, fresh warm bread, cheese, thin sliced meats, scrambled eggs, fresh marmelade and some bowls with various fruits and vegetables from their own garden.

''Dig in, dont be shy.'' she assured. There was indeed more then enough for the four of them.

Leyla sat down and gestured Faelis to take the seat beside her.

JackieCat

Faelis followed Leyla into the house and took a seat beside her when she motioned him to do so.

"This is beautiful!" the elf said, looking over the array of food. "Cooking is an art, and one I've never been proficient in!" he laughed. "And though I can cook some pretty good stew, that's about all!"

Faelis waited for the others to be seated and for them to serve themselves first, he was, after all, the guest and should be polite.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''I am not a really good cook but there are a few things I can do other then stew if you like variation.'' Leyla assured. Taking a piece of bread and put some butter on it.

''Do you like baked potatoes with cheese?'' she asked

JackieCat

"I like anything, really," Faelis said. "I'm not to picky when it comes to food, eating stew all the time doesn't really bother me.  Oh, and I can cook and prepare meat, but nothing special, just a rabbit or deer over a fire.  Mostly if I'm in the woods I eat plants, there are quite a lot of edible plants out in the forests, you just have to know where to look."

Seeing Leyla starting to get her food,the elf did as well. 
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''Well you are still alive which means you are knowledgeable with plants right? Leyla has some knowledge considering medicinal herbs. But it would be wise to make sure she does not pick up any weird plants, roots, flowers or mushrooms.'' Shaiya said with a smile.

--

The brunch was mainly jokes, short funny stories (including some embarasing ones considering Leyla's childhood) and laughter.

When brunch was over, Drakkar placed a kiss on his wife's cheek and lips. ''You did a great job love.'' he said and looked at Faelis and Leyla. ''If you put down everything in the kitchen I will do the dishes when I am back. Leyla needs a weapon to at the least defend herself with. Since she has none of her own.''

''Fair point..'' Shaiya said calmly. She did not look fond about her hear daughter having to wield a weapon. It removed some innoscence. But she knew Drakkar was right. ''Alright. Will you return alone or bring Faelis and Leyla back. Depending on that I say goodbye now or when they're back.''

JackieCat

The brunch was pleasant, even to Faelis, since brunches weren't really his 'thing'.

"The food was wonderful, Shaiya," he said truthfully, it had been good.  He cleared his plate and walked over to Leyla. "What's the plan?"  he asked, seeing the discomfort on Shaiya's face at the thought of her daughter wielding a weapon. "We are going to get the weapons now?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''We can come back after getting the whip or bow. Or both. Then I can say goodbye to them together.'' A knot started to form in her stomach. True she knew she was going to have to say goodbye. Only the gods knew when she would come back home. But she loved her mother and father deeply. Saying goodbye would be difficult.

''Alright.'' Shaiya replied. ''I will clear the table in the meantime.''

Drakkar looked at Faelis and Leyla. ''Come lets go.'' he headed upstairs for a moment to retrieve enough coin to pay for the weapons before he took the two to one of the weapon shops. Despite a bit more pricey, he did know that anything that came from here was durable and well crafted.

''Drakkar! Long time no see'' a man said. Rather broad and balding, with a thick mustache. ''How's the blade? Nothing wrong with it is there? And is that Leyla? My what has she grown. Last time I took a proper look at her she was in her mid teens.'' he chuckled.

''The blade is fine.'' Drakkar replied. ''I'm here to get weapons for my daughter. She is going to travel with this fellow here.'' he said.

''Travel? She always spoke of that didn't she.'' he said with a chuckle.

''What can I get for her.''

JackieCat

Faelis saw Leyla was a bit uncomfortable with leaving, but he didn't mention it.  Whe he had left home the first time he had been scared too, hadn't he?  Come to think of it, he hadn't been afraid at all, he had been exited.  He may also have been drunk. . . ah, whatever, this wasn't about him.

They left the house and made their way to the blacksmith's shop.  When they got there there was the customary, 'how you've grown' and then down to business.  The man asked what Leyla needed and Faelis looked to the young woman's father.  Would he get a bow or a whip?  Or both?
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''A bow with flint tip arrows, and a whip. Preferably both.'' The weaponsmith pondered and eyed Leyla's posture. She was not muscular built. Well. At the least not for combat. ''I recommend one of my Basterd bows... since you are not that long and strong. I have whips but so called combat whips are long. It takes a while to get used to them but when wielded properly, you can disarm any man.'' He went to the back for a moment and came back with various whips with their own belts.

''You can hold it is you like. But since you are not experienced I'd have to ask to refrain of using them.'' he said as he picked up various bows from the back as well. It was clear why they were named Basterd bows; they were to large for a shortbow or flatbow. Not the proper form of a recurve and certainly not as long as a longbow.

''You are not that strong in your arms so this may be the best option for you until you become stronger.'' he pointed at a sturdy ashwood bow. ''A bit less then average range though. But it is study.''

JackieCat

Faelis reached for the ashwwod bow, but then he stopped and looked up at the shop owner. "May I?"

The man nodded and Faelis picked up the bow.  He took and arrow and in a fraction of a second the elf had knocked the arrow and drawn the bow.

He slowly let it out, not firing the arrow, and laid the bow and arrow on the table.  "It is sturdy," he said to Leyla and her father. "It's a good bow, and not hard to draw back, though you, Leyla, have got muscle from your dancing."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

Leyla although a little hesitant at first picked the bow and mimicked what Faelis did. ''True I have some muscles in there but using them differently... is something I'll need to get used too.'' She used her arms to keep her own weight up after all. Not for pulling a string which actually sounded a lot easier in this case then it was. But her pull was good enough.

''If you like further range, you will be heading more towards a flatbow but the pull is harder. For a beginner, it is best to have that as a followup.''

Leyla nodded and placed the bow back. ''I trust your judgement.'' she said and looked at the whips. Disarming a person sounded more appealing then piercing someone with an arrow. Although sometimes you just had to.
The whips had been made of sturdy, braided leather and they were in various lengths. Two meters till four and a half.

JackieCat

Faelis watched as Leyla pulled back on the bowstring.  She had good form, but, of course, aim was a completely different matter, they would have to see how good she was.  When she set the bow down and looked at the whips, Faelis picked one up feeling it's handle and the leather of the actual whip part, it was strong but flexible and soft, like it should be.

"What length do you think would be good for Leyla?" Faelis asked the shopkeeper and the young woman's father. "I've used a whip before, I know how to use one fairly well, but I'm not an expert."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''As long as I do not hit you with it right?'' Leyla jestered but gave the whips a carefull look. ''It may sound long but... the one of four meters perhaps. It will give me range and somehow it sounds that the shorter the whip... the more difficult it is to use?'' she asked.

Drakkar had not much knowledge about whips.

''Well... both the bow, with a set of 25 arrows and quiver, and the whip is an aprox of 200 gold.'' the shopkeeper admitted.

200? It was a lot. Leyla could not let her father pay for both. She just couldn't. And she had to learn how to work with one weapon first right? She knew how much her father and mother earned, what their savings were. Also that they could miss 200 gold without having to give up things. But it was just to much.

''Sorry father... I can not take both. If I have to choose... I'd choose the bow.'' she said with a smile.

JackieCat

Faelis didn't want to seem arrogant, but he bit his lip and reached for his money pouch. "I'll pay for the whip," he said to Drakkar. "And before you can protest, accept it as payment for the wonderful food and for agreeing to let Leyla travel with me."

He set the proper amount of money on the table for the shopkeeper to take.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''But... its to much... what if I am not good at it...'' Leyla protested. Drakkar who knew there was no use going against Faelis' suggestion, placed down the rest of the money.

''Leyla..'' he said eventually as the shopkeeper packed the weapons.''You can not pay for a life, or restore one once. Faelis knows this too and sometimes you need to invest in someones safety. If i either see you or Faelis alone, I mist likely need to conclude one had to bury the other. Also, if needed you need to protect him too. Only a bow,  wont be enough..''

''.. yes father i understand.'' She said. Howver. she would pay every penny back. For sure.