Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Jungle Fever [OPENN]

Started by Greenery, July 02, 2015, 04:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenery

The tribal marked woman wandered through the thick jungle. Awilix had her spear readied in her right hand and her large brown jaguar at her side. She wore a headdress with black and red feathers that gave off a certain fear. Her body was barely covered up, not exposing her chest nor her nether region. There! In a small clearing was a boar grazing. She got out her arrow and aimed at the male pig. "Ready, Juno?" She whispered to the jaguar. She growled in agreement.

Ethereal-Star

Readying her celestial golden spear in both hands, the Valkyrie prepared to throw it, letting it sail smoothly through the air like any arrow from a skilled marksman would. And she was that too, her bow 'True Strike' strapped behind her back, ready to retrieve at a moment's notice. The hideous fiend immediately fell down dead, its body spasmed and jerked violently as its nervous system protested its untimely end.

Quickly marching over to it, Vanesse made sure the thing was dead, before she stood up at her full height, a fierce expression upon her pale features as she inspected the area around her. Spear in hand again, she made her way back to her golden pegasus steed Thunder, and promptly mounted him as the duo prepared to scout out the terrain for any more demonic presences here. A small group of these evil vermin had made their way here, to the islands of Yoreiq and as a result, there had been a few deaths already among the populace. Vanesse had been one of the two Valkyries called upon the scene to deal with it. She had just been briefed by her fellow sister-in-arms Hilda, who had informed her three others had been sighted somewhere nearby. Hilda had already gone off to help mop up the enemies she could find as well as any others that had escaped their radar. With the recent death of one, that left at least two more to find and take out. Vanesse did not worry over her sister, as Hilda was more than capable of handling herself. As they had done for many centuries prior.

Stopping for just a moment, Vanesse halted her steed, gripping the reins firmly in hand. She sensed another evil fiend somewhere close by, and with fresh determination, she kicked her mount into action again as they went off in search of the threat. "Onward!"

((OOC: I figure Vanesse will meet up with Awilix and her jaguar after she has disposed of the threats she's hunting. That should also give your character time to do her own thing.))

Greenery

The arrow whizzed through the air like a thunderbolt, hitting the target square in his temple. Juno ran to claim the prize, standing over it and moving her ears every which way to make sure that no one was going to intrude on them.

Awilix walked over to her kill with her head held up high. She was proud of the shot. The Amazon kneeled down and rubbed the top of the jaguar's head. "Good work, Juno." Awilix gave a slight smile. Juno purred in response to the praise and removed herself from over the boar and to Awilix's side. The Amazon got her spear and trusted it into it's neck. Once she did that, Awilix stood up with the arrow still in the boar's temple. With the dead  swine hanging from the spearhead, she started to continue her hunt.

Ethereal-Star

As was the Valkyrie continuing her own hunt. She and Thunder found not two, but three more of these demons roaming the area nearby the edges of a small encampment. Two of them had been ready to strike upon the unsuspecting village, while the other had been just a scout. She killed them all with ease and little fuss, only getting a scratch on her leg, thus saving the village folk from an all-out bloody slaughter. Thunder helped too, rearing back his powerful hooves, and crushing one of the beast's skull in a bloody mess of bone and brain matter.

After all that was said and done, a black messenger bird, a raven to be exact, flew quickly over to the female warrior and her steed, a rolled up parchment clutched in its clawed feet. Squawking a hello to announce its presence, her messenger bird Ebony presented the paper to his mistress for her to read. She took it in gauntlet-covered hands, thanking the bird for the message before it squawked again and took off into the air, back the way it had come.

Vanesse quickly read the note given, and nodded in satisfaction. Hilda had disposed of the last remaining one they could find around these parts, but that the Valkyries should keep both eyes and ears open for any more trouble of the sort brewing. Her sister was already back en-route to the island of Valhalla, leaving Vanesse to continue scouting around for the time being, just to make sure they had mopped up all the enemies.

After she had read the note, the parchment crumpled magically into a pile of dust, as its purpose had been accomplished. That way, no one unauthorized would get their hands on the note either. It was just a safety precaution for them.

Remounting Thunder the two moved on, but Vanesse was still very much in warrior mode, not letting her guard down for even a second. Soon, they came upon something of interest. An Amazon and her jaguar were hunting nearby. They didn't appear to see Vanesse and Thunder yet, but it would only be a second before they would since Amazons, like the Valkyries themselves were highly perceptive and aware of their surroundings at all times. The two types of warriors were very much similar in disposition and outlook, being proud and fierce and not afraid to show it. This would certainly be an interesting meeting indeed.

Wisely staying out of range of the other woman's weapons, Vanesse simply sat atop her steed and watched the woman and her companion at work. She waited until they were done so as not to disturb their concentration. Vanesse, being several thousands of years old, had helped answer their prayers for strength in various battles many times in her life, sometimes even aiding them directly, along with some of the other Valkyries. The fall of Fell had been one such battle. She didn't expect this one to be any different than the ones she had met before. The warrior supposed she would see soon enough.

JackieCat

Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime snorted and looked around the jungle.  The black shadow demon looked very out of place amongst the colorful trees, flowers, and animal life.  Zier'ik trotted forward, its horse form moving through the underbrush.  The demon was not trying very hard to be silent, as it had no enemies it knew of in this jungle.

It bent its head to eat some of the grass on the ground.  It did not need the substance, but it found it pleasing.  The demon's easy demeanor fled when Zier'ik came across the body.  The body of another demon.  The body was destroyed, the head crushed.

Zier'ik's flaming eyes dimmed as it looked upon its fallen kin.  No doubt a demon-hunter or cleric of some sort had killed the other demon, and while Zier'ik was sorry that the other was dead, it knew that whoever had killed it had probably done so with a reason, and a good one.

Zier'ik continued on, but stopped as a person astride a golden pegasus.  The person was facing the demon, and would see Zier'ik in a second.  The demon knew there was nothing it could do.

This was most likely the person who had killed the other demon, they certainly looked like the right type.  Zier'ik froze, staring straight at the woman.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

The Valkyrie who was atop her pegasus steed watching the other woman and her companion, soon became aware of a presence-a demonic one. Though the feeling was rather strange and not like the average demon who sought only to kill and destroy. Turning her head a bit, she saw a shadowy shape of blue, black and gray standing off to the side, watching her with what looked like wary eyes. It was a demon horse, Vanesse had seen plenty of these over her lifetime and had killed many of them herself.

Her eyes of blue-gray intensity met those of the shadow demon, as she quickly withdrew her bow, 'True Strike', aptly named as it hardly ever missed its target. There was already a holy arrow in the bow, ready to launch when needed. Pulling back the string, she made to aim for its heart as that seemed to be its most vulnerable place to hit.

JackieCat

The demon saw the bow and the arrow it was nocked with and knew it was meant for killing dmons and other such dark beings.  The demon knew it couldn't run, it's only chance was to plead for mercy.

"Wait!" Zier'ik sent a mental message to the woman. "Please, do not hurt me, I mean you no harm.  I was just traveling peacefully through the jungle and came across you.  I do not want any trouble."

The demon braced itself to dodge, fight, or even try to catch the arrow with one of its shadowy tendrils while it waited for the woman to respond.  She was a being that seemed like they would kill demons as their job, if so, that would mean they know a lot about the dark beings, and they would know that demons were tricksters, liars, they would say anything to get their way.  Even beings that knew little about demons knew that.  Thinking this, Zier'ik sent another mental message to the woman.

"Even if you do not believe me, hear me out.  Please, hear me out."

The demon waited for her response, still ready to take action in case she decided to attack anyway.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

Vanesse had just been about to let go of the arrow to let it sail straight through the air toward its intended target, when she got the telepathic messages. Frowning, it gave her pause and so she decided to hear the demon out, but did not lower her weapon. She also didn't get the feeling of intense evil from it. However, she would not make any such assumptions just yet, as that could be deadly. "Then speak, demon, and I shall hear you out. But if I do not get a favorable response, you will meet your end, just like your brethren had."

While there had been some occasions where a demonic creature begged for mercy, it was usually only a ploy to let down her guard, which of course the Valkyrie did not do any such thing. She was as alert and observant as ever, still keeping True Strike poised, and at the ready.

Greenery

The Amazon was about to head back to camp when she heard a couple of voices. Well, her Juno did. She growled in the direction where it came from which drew Awilix's attention. After tying her kill up in a tree, she headed toward the voices, using her hunter's skills of camouflage to see what exactly was going on. Once she got close enough, she was able to make out two figures; one type of horse, one female. The female looked like a warrior-- what. It was a Valkyrie. She hadn't seen one in quite some time. Awilix's eyes then fell on the shadow horse that had red eyes. Clearly demonic.
"How are you and what are you doing in my territory?" She finally asked both of them.

Ethereal-Star

Vanesse did not look at the Amazon nor did she lower her weapon at all. Instead, she kept her bow trained on the shadow horse before her, ready to strike at any time.

Answering the other woman, the Valkyrie told her in no uncertain terms, "I am hunting demons in these parts. Yet this creature here claims to have something of importance to tell me." Her grayish-blue eyes stared at the shadowy creature which mimicked a horse, gazing at it calmly and without fear. Valkyries did not fear, they excelled in taking down their enemies with courage and pride. Their skills were nearly unmatched by most. The only reason why Vanesse had not attacked the demonic shadow before her was because it didn't seem to be completely evil. Instead it radiated an energy that was somewhere in between that.

Vanesse pulled back on the string more, a clear warning for the demon to hurry up and say whatever it wanted to say, her focus completely on it yet remaining aware of her surroundings all the same.

JackieCat

'I am a demon, that is true,' Zier'ik sent, ignoring the newcomer to the scene.  Not to be rude, but because it feared that it would be killed if it hesitated to answer the woman with the bow. 'And I am a creature of darkness, but not necessarily evil.  You say you are hunting demons around here, but I am not evil.  I am not evil, I am a neutral being.'

The demon sent its thoughts to both women, though it could chose who heard them.  The grass around the demon's feet started to blacken, unintentionally, the demon had ejected dark shadows onto the ground around it in its uncertainty.  Noticing what it had done, Zier'ik immediately stopped letting out the shadows.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

"You say you are not evil." the Valkyrie began saying. "Yet how am I to know you won't still cause trouble around here?" Vanesse could sense that the creature was indeed just a neutral being, and not inherently evil. But that didn't mean she would let it be just yet.

Getting off her steed, she lowered her weapon and walked straight up to the shadow demon, still brandishing both weapons if they were needed. Staring straight into its eyes, showing no fear or hesitation in her step. She was a warrior through and through.

"Why do you prowl these jungles then, so near the creatures I just killed? Are you in league with them?"

JackieCat

The demon tensed as the woman approached, but it stayed where it was and held her gaze, its fiery, pupil-less eyes staring straight back at her.  It snorted and scraped the ground with its hoof, shadowy steam rising from its mouth and nose.

'I am not with those other demons,' Zier'ik sent. 'I was merely passing through.  I did come across one of the bodies as I was walking, but I was not with them.'
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

The female warrior stared intently at the black creature for some time, gauging its honesty. After several uncomfortable seconds, she relented and stepped back, but still kept up her guard nonetheless.

"Very well." Vanesse gazed at the shadowy creature then with suspicion. "What are you doing in these parts, pray tell?"

Thunder stood behind his mistress, several feet away, watching the scene taking place with interest, as well as to determine whether he needed to fight anytime soon. He too did not let down his guard, for he was a trained celestial war steed after all. Whether or not the Amazon woman and her jaguar would intervene then remained to be seen.

((I think we should give Greenery a chance to respond now, yes?))

Greenery

Awilix eyed the Valkyrie. Even though they were both fighting, strong women didn't mean in the slightest that they were allies. As for the demon, he knew that he was a threat even though he tried to convince the other of not being one.

"I don't take kindly to those who venture here without giving me some type of sign." Juno growled, ready to pounce on either of them.

JackieCat

'I mean no harm, I swear it,' Zier'ik sent, but it knew the word of a demon was not usually taken seriously. 'I did not know this was anyone's territory, and i was simply wandering through.  That is what I do, I wander.  Going nowhere.'

The demon shifted, as a nervous horse would, and it snorted, small sparks shooting from its nostrils, waiting to see the reaction of the beings around it.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

"Stay your weapons!" Vanesse called out sharply to the Amazon. "I do not wish to fight you but I will if there is no other choice. You would be wise to listen to me." A subtle threat underlying her words, even as she got ready to fight if need be. Thunder was also at attention, and the Valkyrie headed back over to him, remounting him quickly.

Still keeping an eye on the horse demon, Vanesse divided her attention between it and the jungle woman and her jaguar to see what they would do. "As I said, I am hunting demons in this area, several of them I have already killed. Whether I intruded on your territory during this time is less important than what I came here to do. To save the many peoples that call this jungle their home. Being an Amazon, I had expected you to at least understand that." Raising an eyebrow at the other woman in challenge.

Tags: