Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Alone and Unworthy(visualspice)

Started by JackieCat, July 14, 2015, 04:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

Ariznim was quite impressed with Miersck's bluster, but she couldn't, for all she was worth, come up with a good 'or else' to throw at their captor.

"Or else we- we'll be forced to use our magic!" she said, but immediately regretted the words.  Their magic?  The hunter wouldn't believe her for a second.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

visualspice

Miersck's expression lit up and he grew cocky in his rage.
"Yeah, or else we'll do something terrible... horrible to you!"
Not that his magic had much baring on cruel retaliations, but he did have the ability to cast illusions....
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

JackieCat

At the tone of Meirsck's voice, the man hesitated for a moment, then laughed again.  "Yeah right!" he scoffed.  He pulled the netting up, yanking to two to their feet.  It would be difficult to walk withe the netting, but the man pulled on it.

"Come on!  Let's go!" He barked, and began walking again, pulling them along with him.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

visualspice

That was enough to deflate his ego; not that Miersck was overly confident his plan may have worked. But as the man pulled on the netting, Miersck cursed on acorns as he stumbled forward, catching himself on the girl in a feebled attempt to 'walk'.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

JackieCat

(OOC:  If you would like to continue, I'm for it, if not, that's fine with me, too.)

IC:

"Now what?" Ariznim whispered as they were yanked along. "We have to get out of here!"

"Shut up!" the man snapped, and Ariznim lowered her voice as she continued.

"I can't transform into my other form, it'll take to long!  Do you have any powers that could help us?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Miersck bared his teeth.
"I can't think over all of this chaos!" he snapped, trying to keep back a growl while walking in the tangling confines of the rope netting. Boy, was this infuriating! And what were they going to do? They were captured up and being drug off to only the spirits knew where!
He grabbed onto the ropes, pulling at them desperately before cutting a look to Ariznim. "Do you have something sharp? Something we could use to maybe cut our way out?" he asked, trying his best to hiss the words under his breath so only she could hear it. Even as he asked her, he began to pat himself down to see if he had anything of the sort on his own person- though he normally had not much use to keep a sharp piece of rock on hand. How annoying!

JackieCat

Sharp.  Sharp?  Sharp.

"I might have something," Ariznim whispered, and she opened her mouth to allow the tip of her proboscis to stick out.  The end was sharp and slightly serrated.

It was made for piercing flesh, not thick rope, but it was still something.

"Thry to hold a peithe of the rope for me," she said quietly, the proboscis somewhat impeding her speech.  While her proboscis could extend to over two feet long, she only extended it a few inches out of her mouth.  Hopefully if the hunter glanced back at them he wouldn't notice, or she would be able to withdraw it quickly enough so that he wouldn't see.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Miersck had almost forgotten exactly what she was! And though it might unnerve others, he was also part insect fae, too.
He nodded in compliance, grabbing the rope and looking nervously over his shoulder at their captives.
"Hurry, they seemed focus on the road ahead."

JackieCat

Ariznim didn't need to be told twice.  She started to quickly saw at the rope.  It broke somewhat quickly, but it was only one of the sections, she would need to cut at least a few more to make a hole big enough for them to get out, and get out quickly.

She continued to work at the strands of rope, her heart beating wildly as she did so.  Her eyes would flick up every few seconds, making sure the man wouldn't turn around.

A few more cuts, and there was a hole big enough for one of them to get out.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

They were so close to freedom, he could nearly taste it and his heart was racing inside his ears.
"I think we can squeeze thru-"

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?"

Miersck nearly lept out of his skin as one of the men turned on them and grabbed onto the netting roughly, in turn, grabbing onto Miersck's wing. They were caught. And before he could think any better, he gave Ariznim a hard kick out the hole in the net.

"RUN!"

JackieCat

Ariznim, already getting ready to climb out, tumbled right through the rip in the net as Meirsck pushed her.

She scrambled to her feet, headed into the woods, her heart pounding.  But then she looked behind her, and saw that the moth-fae was not with her.

She came to a jolting halt as she saw the hunter that had a hold on him.

Without thinking, she took a step back in his direction, but she stopped herself, and she was frozen like a startled deer.  What could she do to help him?  How could she fight off that man, who was twice her size and probably more than twice her strength.

But she couldn't just run away.  She bent down and picked up a rock, throwing it at the hunter.  It missed by a mile.

"Let him go!" she shouted, tears of fear and frustration welling in her eyes.  She grabbed a stick from the forest floor and buzzed into the air.  Her injured wing protested painfully, and she felt the strain that was on it, but she zipped over to the hunter and above him, attempting to hit him over the head with the stick.
She barely got in any real hits, and the pain in her wing was becoming unbearable.

Then it gave out.  She tumbled down, directly on top of the hunter.

She may have been much lighter than him, but he still got about 100 pounds of weight dropped on his head.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Miersck felt the captive's grip on him suddenly vanish as he spun around, still half tangled in the netting and saw Ariznim had fallen on top of him- Had she knocked him out!?
He struggled with the ropes, cussing at acorns all the way before scrambling on out and over to her side, but he was seconds too late. The other man had already grabbed her roughly by the arm and was giving her a shake, growling at her.
"Trouble maker."

Miersck felt himself grow hot with anger, and before he could think better, he shot a wad of silk at the man- and it splatted across his eyes as he yelped. Growling, Miersck barreled into him, forcing him to release his grip on the fae as he fell to the ground. He turned to Ariznim, and wasted no time roughly grabbing onto her wrists.

"We need to go.. " he gave another hard pull. "NOW!"

JackieCat

Ariznim let out a small shriek as the man grabbed her, but no sooner had he grabbed her than he had let go again, and Miersck was pulling her after him.

She started running, wasting no time to look back and see what state the hunter was in, and if he was chasing them.

The underbrush was plentiful, but not extremely thick, and while Ariznim didn't have the strength to push through some of the more brambled pathways, her slim frame helped her to slip by.

My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Of course they decided to go into the brambles! And Miersck was cursing acorns every step of the way-
But the deeper they went (and more scratches they'd acquire...), the further away Miersck heard the men in their pursit, as thy dared not try to follow into those thick of thorns. Miersck took his chances, conjuring up an illusion, hoping to blend them in, then when he felt they were a safe enough distance away, he motioned for her with a finger to his lips.

He dare not move or say anything, but the determination (laced with irritation) was burning evident in his eyes.

It seemed the men weren't so easily thrown off the path, and kept circling the brambles- but as they did so, it was evident the illusion was working. The men couldn't pin point them. Miersck grit his teeth. He wanted to curse more acorns, but talking would give them away-

Then an arrow shot clear over their heads, landing just 6 feet shy of them. He swore under his breath- thankfully no one heard.

JackieCat

Ariznim became completely still when Miersck motioned to her, and she didn't say a word.

She could hear the men around them, but they were obviously confused.

The arrow nearly caused Ariznim to cry out, but she clamped her mouth shut, stifling any sound.

Her eyes darted around, but it didn't seem like the hunters had seen them.  Hopefully they were just trying to scare the two out of their hiding spot.  Ariznim was almost tempted to run, but at that thought she held her ground and didn't move.

While, by the sound of heavy footsteps and snapping twigs underfoot, it was clear the hunters were still searching for them, the sounds of them breaking through the underbrush were moving away from the two.

Ariznim looked over at Miersck; were they finally safe?
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Miersck held a finger to his lips to single her to remain silent. He kept his illusionary spell cast hoping it would lend to the belief they had left the brush. As the footfalls faded, he gestured.
"Follow me. Keep low, keep quiet."
He spoke barely above a whisper, and was careful and calculating with each step he took. There were a lot of thorns, and no matter which way he moved, they were scraping at his flesh.

He he breath slow, hot and shallow until he crawled into a small opening on the inside tangles of the brambles. Here he positioned himself carefully,  quietly and motioned for her to enter the small area with him where he then paused to listen .

JackieCat

Ariznim followed Miersck as quietly as she could into the small area.  It was very cramped, and the both of them barely fit in the space.  She pulled her knees up to her chest and wrapped her scraped up arms around them in an attempt to comfort herself.

"Do you think they'll be back?" she whispered, her ears straining to hear.  It sounded like the hunters were gone, and her antennae were not picking up any vibrations from the men's footsteps.  However,  the two had thought they lost the hunters before, and that hadn't turned out too well.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Miersck shook his head.
"They're not far enough away for my tastes," he grumbled through a whisper. "We should stay, just a bit longer, to ensure as much distance can get between us before we run." They atleast knew what direction they had gone and the brambles were an irritable but necessary mode of protection.

JackieCat

Ariznim nodded, it was smart to wait.

They sat in silence for a few moments, then Ariznim opened her mouth to speak.  However, she reconsidered, and closed it again.  Another few moments of silence.

Ariznim opened her mouth again, and this time she actually spoke, but still very quietly.  This was mostly because they were still hiding, but also because of her own timidness.  "When we get out of here. . ." she trailed off before starting again.  "Once we get away from the hunters, what are we going to do?"

While her question was logical, her real reason for asking it was because she wanted to know what Miersck would do once they were safe, or rather, safer.  Would he go his own way and leave her behind?  Ariznim hoped her question, while not asking directly that, would tell her what he was planning.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Miersck's expression visibly soured.
"What to do next?"
He even bristled.
"Let's be sure to survive this first, okay?"
He huffed under his breath- (they were after all trying to avoid being caught!) and went quiet for another moment more before gesturing to her.

"Let's get out of here.. as quietly and quickly as we can."

They could figure out the next step once he was sure they were in a safer place.
But where would truly be safe?
He hated this..
This idea of being 'hunted' and looked more angrier because of it.

Then he got an idea-
Not one he especially liked...
But it was still an idea.

"Water... let's find some water. And take that.. let it lead us away from this place."
And hopefully far away from lands where those hunters might look.
He needed a nap- and badly.
But he also didn't want to get caught and be used for who knew what. Hunters themselves might not carve up the fae they were selling..
But it didn't mean they wouldn't!

"Come on."

Tags: