Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Justice is blind (visualspice)

Started by Saber-Five, July 22, 2015, 11:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber-Five

Nemesis just stayed slient even as the former Duchess touched his shoulder in comfort. He appreciated her kindness and words, though it is hard to let go of what happen.

"Kathania...back then I slew and harmed the innocent along with the guilty in some blind notion that I was protecting my kin and my home. In reality I only brought more suffering and those I loved paid for it. I'm trying to atone for those sins. Ansgar or whatever deities out here may forgive but how can I forgive myself?"

visualspice

"Forgiveness... is never easy. We're just... people. Humans." She moved to sit closer to him, eyes seeking his, but not forcing him to look at her. "It is natural we'd make mistakes. It is natural... at times... we'd act as animals." She wished there was a better way to put it, but she herself, had been through too much to try to sugar coat what war and death could bring. She would not reward it, but she would also not chastise a man who already knew his guilt.

"The Gods made us all different you know, whether you think it's Ansgar or Kia." She gave a smile at that, hoping to lift the mood- but even she could feel the weight was still heavy.

"Atonement.. it's what many people seek.... Revenge.. torment.. torture, those... are like demons that poison our blood, no better than a drunk man drinking from a barrel with a ladel until he's sick... I'm.. not sure any of this is very helpful or comforting," she went on, smiling apologetically. "But.... it's real. I've seen much of it, and hope is only lost when you forget it's there. Just keep your faith... your own faith, in yourself, and in the people- not eveyrone is bad, and surely that includes you."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Saber-Five

Atonement, he said wanted it yet many times Nemesis felt he didn't deserve such a thing. When he slept, sometimes the vigilante can still hear the screams of people suffering and dying...his people. In some ways, the urge of vengeance did rule him yet never again to harm the innocent. To temper this urge, he had choosen to fight for a higher cause than that since becoming one with the mask he wore.

He fought so that his fellow Connlaothians can see there can be justice in this world. That true justice does not show favoritism nor tolerate corruption and will be firm in judgment. Hopefully in time most of them will turn toward mercy and compassion instead, following Kathania's example. The cloaked man listen on to Kathania as she spoke in comfort and urge him to keep his faith. At first he tried to resist meeting his guest's gaze, yet slowly he looked up.

There the ex-duchess will see the bangled face of Nemesis, his true face. The tan burned skin was only partially covered in wrapping, revealing a display of visible deep scars over his complexions. The most striking feature of all were his gray piercing eyes. Yet instead of the fierce crusader, Kathania would clearly see the shattered remnant of a man completely scarred by the war. Then Nemesis heard childern's laughter in his head as he looked back Kathania, making him slightly smile and tear up again.

"Thank you"

Suddenly he heard a loud roar of thunder outside with rain flooding down outside. Like coming out of a trance, Nemesis put back on his mask, and gone was that temporary glimpse into that other side of him.

"You should get some rest Kathania. That wound of yours needs some more time to heal."

Nemesis said politely as he turned around back to his table, looking at the map of the country.

visualspice

She smiled, grateful for the chance to truly see him before nodding.
"You're right," she sighed, and turned away. "The day has been long." She went silent, listening to the rain. "You should rest as well."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Saber-Five

"I will but you need it first." Nemesis answered warmly. The masked man continued looking at the map, planning out new possibilities for his crusade against the Regime and others who thrived on terror and oppression.

Once he was sure that Kathania fell asleep an hour later, Nemesis began his preparations for departure. The next morning with the storm finally gone, Kathania will wake up and find the vigilante gone and see small letter clearly visble on the table along with a small basket of bread and a glass bottle containing rain water. The message of the letter was this.

Milady, I wish to express my sincerest gratitude in getting acquainted with you despite the origins of our meeting. I wish countless blessings to you and your daughter. You must remain the voice for peace and healing to our people no matter how britter the road is. One day I believe they will listen. Until that time comes I will continue my own struggle against injustice.

On the back of this paper you will see a description for safe passage out of this forest and toward the capital, your destination.

With great affection and respect yours truly, Nemesis.

visualspice

She slept longer than predicted. She had no idea how many hours had passed, but as she peered around, she saw the note. She read it carefully and smiled at the instructions. Looks like she'd be heading back to Reajh.

Tags: