Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Big Fight [open]

Started by SerJanustheGlassjaw, July 31, 2015, 04:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massimo scaffaldi

A number of well armed men waited just above the alleyway for a victim to wander in.  The moment Lorin decided to stroll down the path, she was caught in their trap.  Several dozen rained down from either side, the ones behind her ran back to confront Janus.

"Following you would be a death sentance now wouldn't it?  Fight back or don't, I'll enjoy playing with your corpse either way."

The rogue licked his short blade clean of what remainder of blood it had on it.  They started forward and tried to herd her towards Janus.  Meanwhile the others exited the alleyway and didn't even hesitate to attack Janus.  They charged violently swinging into close quarters with nothing but bloodly intentions.  The brutish thug at the front screamed through the men's violent roars.

"Let's see what you got champion!"

All the while Massimo sat watching, playing the puppeteer to the war soon to be raging below.

SerJanustheGlassjaw

"Listen friend, you really don't want to do this..."

The words carried weight, these men would be foolish not to heed them. The Who may seem dormant at the time being but as soon as a threat comes to his vessel, Janus' body, the demon defends without caution. Janus didn't want to risk another catastrophe like the circus tent.

"There's something very wrong here..." Janus looks around. Why were these men attacking him so eagerly? Their armor gave them away as not being pirates - rather, they seemed to be sell swords. Swell-swords looking to instigate a fight between someone who just obliterated a crew of pirates by blinking his eye.

Someone was pulling the strings, someone saw Janus' unwanted powers. Someone wanted to unleash The Who...

"Listen ugly," Janus roared, "Since Lorin here won't take my gold, what say you will? Whatever is being promised to you & your comrades to do this, I'll DOUBLE it to let us pass," Janus waited on a reply, believing no sell-sword to be able to pass up MORE gold in their pockets...

JackieCat

Lorin lifted her daggers as the people jumped down around her.  She looked around for the leader, but she could see no one who seemed to be in charge.

"Wait!" she cried to the leader, wherever they were. "Stop, I don't want to fight!  I'll give you money, if that's what you want!" If this man wanted money, she could get it to him, but if he wanted her dead, then she had no choice but to fight.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

massimo scaffaldi

A familiar fair haired woman plopped down next to Massimo who was watching the mayhem intently.  His eyes darted between every thug and every weapon almost faster than the eye can see.

"I didn't miss anything did I?"

She leaned in and gave him a peck of the cheek before resting her head on his shoulder.

"Not really, I was just getting started."

The hellish rogue spat at Lorin's offer.  "If you have anything on you, I'll have it soon enough regardless."

Massimo's arm twitched as the woman dangling there shuddered with a ghastly look on her face.

"I really don't like that man."

Massimo swallowed his desire to laugh off her remark.  He was pretty sure that life didn't like that man.

"Well Roland didn't seem to fond of him either, seeing as how he plucked him to pieces like a fresh bunch of grapes."

The horde reached Janus and came down with inhuman strength, smashing the ground with each near miss.  The thuggish brute's neck tattoo began to glow as he dropped his axe and unleashed a plume of fire from his mouth.  The flames engulfed the street behind the knight and blasted waves of heat in every direction.

"I remember that guy now, too bad he couldn't swim.  He might have lived long enough to turn his life around."

Massimo laughed heartily at the though of all the warriors below serving him now even after death.  While they had all the outstanding attributes they had in life, they couldn't actually hurt anyone.  Not that anyone fighting them would know the difference.  The pain they inflict would seem as real as anything, only to vanish the moment he stopped paying attention.  For this reason, Massimo pitied the false life flailing fruitlessly about below and wondered what his life meant in comparison.

"I think it's time to put the pressure on our knight for the day."

JackieCat

No one answered her call. 

Lorin was about to call out again when the people attacked, but before they could get too near, Lorin rushed to the building nearest her and climbed up the wall as if it were a ladder.  Perched on top of the building, she threw a dagger at one of her attackers.  Both she and the man, Glassjaw, would have a better chance if she was up here, firstly, she could kill from a distance, and, second, if Glassjaw used his magic, which seemed uncontrollable, it would not be able to harm her.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

SerJanustheGlassjaw

As the huge thuggish man came thundering down, Janus was caught off balance and fell to his ass. This gave him a clear shot of the man and woman watching from above.

His eyes grew stern.

"Lorin! Get to that peeper up there!" He pointed toward Massimo, "And take out the creepy broad too, for fun."

As she sat perched atop the wall with her daggers, Janus met Lorin's gaze, "I think I've got a trick for these guys," he assured her. Truth be told, he was likely trying to convince himself more than anyone else.

A spark lit in Janus' left finger that ran up his arm, into his shoulders, down his other arm and ignited his long giant-forged steel sword. With his flaming Hell-sword in tow, Janus swung the blade in a lumbering helicopter motion. Flames whipped off the end.

"Stay clear of the flames, Lorin!" Janus picked up momentum as he swung. Suddenly time stood still. The undead fighters attacking him, the wisps of fire pouring from his blade, his temporary ally Lorin and the man "pulling the strings," they were all moving in slow motion to Janus - who saw them all to clearly, "So much for keeping a low profile."

And in one quick burst of movement, reality flooded back to Janus as he slammed his flaming blade into the soil below - forcing impressive chains of flames to erupt up from the ground below each of his oppressor's feet. Nearby buildings and structures were effected by the wave of flames Janus was spinning and suddenly this once-busy block of Cerenis became a pit of hell fire. He just hoped the man "pulling the strings," Massimo, was caught in the destruction.

With structures flaming and crumbling around him, Janus gripped his Hell-sword tightly as he leaped at the beastly man with glowing tattoos - the blade lined up perfectly with the thugs throat...

massimo scaffaldi

Massimo and Claire evaporated in the flames that consumed the building, followed by a violent explosion.  Splinters of charred wood rained down at the site of the once beautiful residence, luckily nobody was inside.  At the edge of demolishion in progress, Massimo hammered a sign into the dirt path reading "Future Location of The Mr. Carp Residential District".  Claire spoke as she watched the buildings explode in a brilliantly fiery symphony of destruction.

"They certainly are energetic aren't they?"

Massimo laughed as he finished placing the sign.

"Ha ha, and apparently psychic too.  Will wonders never cease?  I suppose we can finish this up quickly, I have some zoning permits to apply for."

He held out his arm for Claire.  "Shall we my dear?"

She giggled as she hooked her arm around his and the started towards the distant explosions.

Lorin's dagger met it's intended target, who reared back catching the dagger in his left eye.  He whipped forward with a deadly glare and shifted his form to that of a fully realized werewolf.  Leaping in pursuit, he scaled the wall with ease as the others found an alternative route.

Janis's flames scorched many a henchman, and blade plowed clear through the hot headed thug.  One of the thugs rose back to his feet as the flesh began to return to his charred bones, only to crack and crumble away.  Under the skin, a body of solid stone stepped out of the hollow shell.  It spread it's wings, bared it's teeth and claws, and reeked of vile intentions.  It charged the knight without a second to lose, swiping and whipping it's tail in the traditional gargoyle fashion.

(OOC: "Massimo sat out of sight, on a building overlooking the chaotic scene."  Being able to see him without effort is kind of odd, and knowing that he's "pulling the strings" when he did nothing to allude to that is kind of meta.  Fine for now, just read carefully in the future as to not step on any toes.)

JackieCat

(OOC: Sorry about that, I'll change my post)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Glassjaw started to use his magic, Lorin's eyes widened, this guy was powerful!  The buildings around her were destroyed in the fire, but Lorin was on a stone building, so she was safe, at least for the moment.  The attackers seemed to be dying, but then. . . Oh no.  A gargoyle emerged from the body of one, and another had turned into a werewolf.

Lorin leaped back as the creature climbed the building and started to attack her.  She blocked it's first attack, and rolled out of the way.  She got to her feet and threw a dagger straight at the beast's side.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SerJanustheGlassjaw

(OOC: Yah I figured since Lorin spotted Massimo first, it'd be alright. Won't happen again I hope, sorry about that! But I don't feel it's too "meta" for Janus to be able to figure out Massimo was the one pulling the strings if he could see him. He's randomly under attack by a bunch of tattoo-glowing thugs, and there's an ominous looking guy with an equally ominous looking lady watching on from a rooftop? Janus would have to be a moron not to realize what was up haha. I didn't intend for him to just "know" in my last post - i figured it'd be obvious that he was putting 2 & 2 together to figure out who was behind the attack haha. Again if he could see him (which I now know he shouldn't have been able to), he would have been able to figure the situation out.

Regardless, I've had some family issues so I haven't been able to post in the past day or two. I'm on my way to work now, so I'm hoping to continue this story asap! sorry for taking so long!)

JackieCat

(OOC: I know what you mean, but Massimo's characters were completely out of sight, I thought they could be seen as well, but I guess they were hidden.  Massimo actually wrote that in their post, but I must have missed it, my bad!  :P)
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

sophos

Meanwhile...

Audhilde was panting heavily as she ran after her horse, Prudence, and desperately called out to her, "Wait. You stupid... horse!"

Prudence came to a abrupt stop, and Audhilde nearly ran into her. Audhilde caught her breath as she leaned against Prudence's saddle, readying in position to mount.

There was the sound of a heavy foot on dry leaves and a looming, wispy shadow hovered across the forest floor.

In a snap Audhilde drew an arrow and launched it at the shadow's chest, striking the figure between the ribs.

Roland was not happy about the arrow in his gut but it didn't pierce far enough to barb him, so he simply pulled it out and dropped it.

"Oops," said Audhilde. The dark must have fooled my eyes, she rationalized, this old man is an inch shorter than myself. "Why didn't you hail me, old man? I could've hurt..."

If I was given a cheap trinket for every time I've had this conversation. Roland's thoughts were a bit heated given the circumstances.

"Wait." Audhilde noticed this stranger was tanned by the sun and wore a leather justacorp over his otherwise bare chest; he was even without boots. "Are you with the pirates attacking the fighting circuit?"

Roland did not know how to answer that question if he could. He had seen the pillar of smoke rising in the night sky and, soon afterward, noticed the disappearance of his employer.

"Answer me!" Audhilde commanded as her hand shot like a bolt to her quiver.

Roland did not like the idea of getting stuck with another arrow, and rushed to grab the woman's shortbow. He succeeded in snatching the bow from Audhilde's grip only to recieve three blows to the nose.

"You better stand down now," she said, bouncing on her heels. "I once killed a moose with eighty-seven punches, and I doubt you are half as sturdy."

You are half right, young lady. Roland's face and vision flushed red. A moose and myself are on whole different tiers of dangerous.

JackieCat

Lorin leaped away from the werewolf again, and attacked.  She stabbed it, but it acted as if the dagger wasn't even there.  She yanked her dagger free and jumped away yet again.  She scrambled away from the beast as it advanced,  She sheathed her daggers, and anyone who saw her would think her crazy, but she reached into her pouch and pulled out a lantern and a steel and flint.

She screamed as the monster grabbed her leg, and she chucked the lantern.  It broke over the werewolf's head, the gas spilling over it's face and hairy neck.  The werewolf dragged her close, but she kicked it's face with her free foot and struggled away.  She rushed around it and leaped upon its back.  She struck the flint.

Then she found herself atop a flaming werewolf.  She leaped off and rolled away as the beast was consumed, and destroyed, in the flames.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor